AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Old 2004-04-08, 14:58   Link #121
^danshi^
running bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao Asakura
Anyone here knows whether A-E or Seichi version is better???
I haven't downloaded any of these yet, still confused which one to choose.
A-E's translation and editing were good according to Anime-Planet, but they messed up the lyrics in their karaoke. Seichi had better karaoke and the encoding was better but their sound track was a bit worse. (I haven't compared translation and editing yet.)

Last edited by ^danshi^; 2004-04-08 at 16:12.
^danshi^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 15:13   Link #122
Laurie-chan
Asian Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Laurie-chan
A-E does a good job and don't rush out with fast speed releases.
Laurie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 15:18   Link #123
Lina
moo.

Wow. For like a first time in a while, I actually do not hate an ecchi anime. I'm not saying I'm digging all the usual fanservice or panty shots, but I like the main characters and it's just funny. As long as it does not get any worse, I think I'll watch this.
Lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 15:25   Link #124
PimpinAintEZ

Send a message via AIM to PimpinAintEZ
HAHAHAHAHAHA LOL HAHAHAHA
i just watched the first episode of Midori no Hibi..not that its stupid but its funny that the guy's right had is a girl now..LOl its so retardedly stupid but i guess it will be a good series...lol
PimpinAintEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 15:51   Link #125
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina
Wow. For like a first time in a while, I actually do not hate an ecchi anime. I'm not saying I'm digging all the usual fanservice or panty shots, but I like the main characters and it's just funny. As long as it does not get any worse, I think I'll watch this.
This anime isn't really ecchi at all. OK, there are a few ecchi jokes but the main focus of the show is comedy. (in the manga anyway)
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 16:01   Link #126
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I haven't read the manga, but I'm quite curious about this: Do you think there's any chance that we'll see Midori restored to her own body at some point during the anime? Would you want that to happen if it meant altering the storyline (assuming that such a thing hasn't yet taken place in the MnH manga)?
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 17:32   Link #127
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
I haven't read the manga, but I'm quite curious about this: Do you think there's any chance that we'll see Midori restored to her own body at some point during the anime? Would you want that to happen if it meant altering the storyline (assuming that such a thing hasn't yet taken place in the MnH manga)?
Spoiler:
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 18:42   Link #128
LinChoiSin

after seeing the first episode i can say that i'll keep on watching because it was nice and funny maybe not hilarious but funny enough besides i really love the idea of having a girl instead of one's hand .
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 19:39   Link #129
Laurie-chan
Asian Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Laurie-chan
It is a unique idea for a story and very original, and that what makes it a good series. Very humorous too but I wouldn't want to be on someone's hand. I wouldn't want a guy to be on my right hand, no way will that happen.
Laurie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 19:49   Link #130
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie-chan
It is a unique idea for a story and very original, and that what makes it a good series. Very humorous too but I wouldn't want to be on someone's hand. I wouldn't want a guy to be on my right hand, no way will that happen.
I tought it was kinda handy, you can keep watch over your BF, altho I'm not quite sure being turned into a hand is the way. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 22:09   Link #131
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
Since I've heard some concern about "bathroom humor", I'll say this. I've read a few volumes, and I've only caught two bad parts: one, the realization that Midori must eliminate straight through Seiji(that is, the same blood vessels flow through both, so his waste disposal mechanisms take care of both) The only other thing is that right-handed Seiji has a little trouble handling his zipper with his left hand, and Midori is just a little over-eager to help her beloved out of ANY jam. Otherwise, it's not too bad.
As for plot, I have high hopes. There have been many hints and clues in what I've read of the manga, so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Keep up the seeds!
Uh.....

T'wasn't the ZIPPER he didn't want Midori helping with...

Bath time was a problem, as well. Made sure she didn't LOOK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina
It's NOT an ecchi anime. Not any more than Crayon Shin-chan is an ecchi anime.
Iskandar Taib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 23:56   Link #132
Sakuya
*Artist

I was wondering, which fansub has better video quality? I downloaded the Anime-Empire sub. The subtitles were amazing! I especially liked the titles where they imitated the color styles of the original titles. However, the video quality is a bit smudgy. I think it's the rip they used because their previous Midori no Hibi promo was in great quality. How are the other fansubs?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 03:49   Link #133
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
I was sceptical at first becuase when I saw the promo I was like "wtf.....Is she his hand" but now I watched it and its funny, and Midori is soo cute

I like making animated gifs.......so i made some for people to use form this show

I put them under spoiler tag so as not to slow down the page.....NOT SPOILER
Spoiler:
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 03:53   Link #134
Sakuya
*Artist

I think they're wonderfully hilarious! I especially like your avatar. I can stare at it for hours.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 06:11   Link #135
wao
OK.

Whoa, Lunchboxx, your avatar almost goes to the beat of "Danse Macabre" which I'm listening to right now. Scary. O_O; (Yes, that great piece of music is TOTALLY the opposite of Midori no Hibi's mood!)

But those are nice avvys...
One thing though, I think putting pics in spoiler tags doesn't stop them from being loaded anyway... there was something about this in one of the Forum Suggestions threads, apparently everything in the spoiler tag is already loaded because the spoiler tag is some weird CSS thingy that is just a little trick to hide it.... So it's no point putting in the spoiler tag, but ok..

I don't remember if I posted in this thread, but uh, I thought the first ep of hte anime was much better than the first ep of the manga. I hope all the other eps will be of the same calibre! The animation also greatly impressed me for a show that doesn't require such animation. The CG looked nice too... and if I'm not wrong Pierrot animated/produced the show? Great job for Pierrot...
Old 2004-04-09, 08:28   Link #136
cf18
Mecha Pilot

1:1 Midori:
http://www.visualmedia.com.hk/cgi-bi...m=104058&utag=

Too bad it is a magazine limited release.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 08:39   Link #137
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

You know you are a sick and disturbed fanboy when...
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 08:56   Link #138
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx
I was sceptical at first becuase when I saw the promo I was like "wtf.....Is she his hand" but now I watched it and its funny, and Midori is soo cute

I like making animated gifs.......so i made some for people to use form this show

I put them under spoiler tag so as not to slow down the page.....NOT SPOILER
Spoiler:
Actually, they're still loaded. It just stops them from being shown.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 00:43   Link #139
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

This anime is RIDICULOUS.

I wonder how far they can take this gag.
Old 2004-04-10, 01:15   Link #140
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18
1:1 Midori:
http://www.visualmedia.com.hk/cgi-bi...m=104058&utag=

Too bad it is a magazine limited release.

I'm not surprised there is Midori handpuppet, but the whole concept is still ridiculously funny. I'm waiting for someone to make a Midori hand prosthesis.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote