AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-29, 07:07   Link #21
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingturkey View Post
I think it would be more effective to shoot them while they're talking.
Assuming it has the right kind of sensors, yes. It could have motion sensors, which would obviously be useless when the target is standing still.
Old 2011-01-29, 18:32   Link #22
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Objection: Only lasers move at the speed of light. Particle beams, on the other hand, is a much muddier science.
because particle beams is really slower than the speed of light, maybe its a matter of nanoseconds...

HALA MADRID!
Old 2011-01-29, 21:54   Link #23
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Well,particle beam still have to travel NEAR speed of light(because being in speed of light is kinda impossible,even with hydrogen atom)to do real damage
Old 2011-01-30, 00:29   Link #24
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

So i read vol3. In it was a explanation of the "white knight incident" that revealed the IS to the world. And shows why it was considered unstoppable.
Spoiler for light novel vol3:
Old 2011-01-30, 00:41   Link #25
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
So how small is the core? Is it the size of a pearl since they can put it into passive mode like the size of a bracelet?
Old 2011-01-30, 04:04   Link #26
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards
Objection: Only lasers move at the speed of light. Particle beams, on the other hand, is a much muddier science.
because particle beams is really slower than the speed of light, maybe its a matter of nanoseconds...
Which gets back to my original question on how the IS would react against projectiles.

'Eyeballing it' isn't going to work in my opinion.
The only thing I can think of is that it makes preemptive movements based on calculations.

Any explanations from the novels would be much appreciated.
Old 2011-01-30, 06:43   Link #27
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Quote:
Which gets back to my original question on how the IS would react against projectiles.

'Eyeballing it' isn't going to work in my opinion.
The only thing I can think of is that it makes preemptive movements based on calculations.

Any explanations from the novels would be much appreciated.
Last I heard from the LN section, IS Pilots have enhanced senses while piloting and essentially can see things in Bullet Time under duress.
Old 2011-01-31, 10:00   Link #28
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Last I heard from the LN section, IS Pilots have enhanced senses while piloting and essentially can see things in Bullet Time under duress.
So their enhanced reflexes let's them see near-speed of light projectiles at bullet-time?

But then again, IS does have allot of ridiculous tech.
Old 2011-01-31, 21:28   Link #29
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
So their enhanced reflexes let's them see near-speed of light projectiles at bullet-time?

But then again, IS does have allot of ridiculous tech.
This is made in Japan,of course it's ridiculous
Old 2011-02-01, 07:18   Link #30
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
This is made in Japan,of course it's ridiculous
Next thing you know, they'll make an IS which can harness the power of love.
Then they can use the LOVE LOVE TENKYOKE-*gets shot*
Old 2011-02-04, 13:42   Link #31
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
WRONG. Particles CAN move at the speed of light (they become something called tachyons), so particle beams can move at the speed of light too.

Lasers are technically particle beams too if you count photons as particles since they behave as such, but they have zero mass so you can't count them as particles in particle beam.

A beam, technically speaking, is a stream of particles travelling as a group with a stable RMSS, and mechanically is considered a single entire projectile. Under quantum terms however, they are group of individual projectiles so properties are allocated to each projectile within a group, unless the particles are tightly packed together and in contact with on another, or have an inter-particle (nuclear forces, electromagnetic, gravitational) force exerted on one another in the group.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-04, 17:49   Link #32
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Could anybody explain / speculate on how Byakushiki could get some kind of "energy recharge" when shot by ShenLong's Impact Cannon?
Old 2011-02-04, 18:46   Link #33
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
WRONG. Particles CAN move at the speed of light (they become something called tachyons), so particle beams can move at the speed of light too.
NO. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon

Quote:
A tachyon is a hypothetical subatomic particle that moves faster than light. In the language of special relativity, a tachyon would be a particle with space-like four-momentum and imaginary proper time. A tachyon would be constrained to the space-like portion of the energy-momentum graph. Therefore, it cannot slow down to subluminal speeds.
Tachyons don't move at the same speed of light. They are limited/constrained to always move FTL (faster-than-light), and cannot slow down.

btw, they're hypothetical, their existence was never proven. Nobody's ever seen them, yet...
Old 2011-02-05, 00:27   Link #34
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Tachyons don't move at the same speed of light. They are limited/constrained to always move FTL (faster-than-light), and cannot slow down.

btw, they're hypothetical, their existence was never proven. Nobody's ever seen them, yet...
No. The speed of light is a speed barrier like the the Mach, anything passing it will result in a change in their decay rate and time-effect on it.

Anything can travel near, at or faster than light. It is just a hypothetical speed limit before conventional Physics break down and cannot explain the changes and properties.

Besides, blue/red shifts have already been proven. The tachyon may be hypothetical, but it still follows the principles of quantum science.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-05, 07:33   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Could anybody explain / speculate on how Byakushiki could get some kind of "energy recharge" when shot by ShenLong's Impact Cannon?
Special boosters that... 'Recycles' energy, it's meant for it's own energy but it can be used on an external source of power... The downside is that it would damage the engine.
Old 2011-02-05, 16:59   Link #36
Maverick05

Personal IS stats

I saw this in a singapur forum while googling around http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?p=345871121.

So I am sharing it here. It has HUGE spoilers for the anime since all this comes from the LN.

I will appreciate if Mods decide to move it to the LN section if they think it is too spoilerish.

So, here comes a few stats:

Spoiler for Ichika`s Byakku Shiki:

Spoiler for Cecilia`s Blue Tears:

Spoiler for Rin`s Shenlon:
Old 2011-02-05, 17:02   Link #37
Maverick05

Spoiler for Charleīs Revive:

Spoiler for Laura`s Regen:

Spoiler for Houki`s Akatsubaki. Wonīt appear until ep.8-10:
Old 2011-02-05, 17:32   Link #38
ZeKeR
Superbad

so okay... theres a shotgun... in terms of combat, a shotgun is very effective at warding off CQB combatants...

so far, only the revive custom II is the only IS power armor thats using conventional weaponry since cecilia's rocket pack doesnt count due to her power armor's dragoon bit gun platform and the energy sniper rifle. you can say that its adaptive in most cases since you can change your loadout to fit with the combat situations (well at times, even CQB is rendered useless)

im wondering why the brits didnt put a railgun on cecilia instead of that energy rifle of hers. if my lulz is correct, a rail gun based sniper rifle deals more damage than a particle laser beam but really requires shitloads of power and specialized ammo to boot (i will lol if a .50BMG or a bullet equivalent to an AT rifle round will be used).

and thank god thars no weapon jammers, disruptors, or EMP devices that will send the power armors nulled.

LULZ MODE OFF...
Old 2011-02-05, 17:58   Link #39
Maverick05

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
so okay... theres a shotgun... in terms of combat, a shotgun is very effective at warding off CQB combatants...

so far, only the revive custom II is the only IS power armor thats using conventional weaponry since cecilia's rocket pack doesnt count due to her power armor's dragoon bit gun platform and the energy sniper rifle. you can say that its adaptive in most cases since you can change your loadout to fit with the combat situations (well at times, even CQB is rendered useless)

im wondering why the brits didnt put a railgun on cecilia instead of that energy rifle of hers. if my lulz is correct, a rail gun based sniper rifle deals more damage than a particle laser beam but really requires shitloads of power and specialized ammo to boot (i will lol if a .50BMG or a bullet equivalent to an AT rifle round will be used).

and thank god thars no weapon jammers, disruptors, or EMP devices that will send the power armors nulled.

LULZ MODE OFF...
You know what's funny!!!!

Every nation is investing a lot so that their 3rd Gen IS has energy based weapons....but what will happen when the Japanse get their 4th generation IS with Energy absorbing equipment to work properly. XD So basically the only thing that could stand and damage a 4th Gen. IS would be a 2.5 Gen Rafale with kinetic/powder base bullets.

So everyone would be moving back to the AK47/M16!!!

BTW about the energy based sniper:
Spoiler for Volume 6 spoiler:
Old 2011-02-05, 21:56   Link #40
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Just jam a smart rocket into the bullet and you get homing bullet for railgun,if it can handle the force that is...
Closed Thread