AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-12-16, 23:16   Link #61
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

... Thanks, Futaba. Now every time I hear the Sesame Street theme everyone will wonder why I'm making a strange face.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 06:17   Link #62
Keahi19

Uhh hi, I am a new reader of this series and in all honesty I've only been able to get a spattering of translations. So not sure if I got everything and still confused to how the Arume do breed amongst themselves. And....

I still don't get the nosebleeds. ANyways... um... sorry new fan and trying to get everything in some semblance of togetherness so I can understand what's going on. I get the basic premise, but I enjoy societial and cultural clashes and... um well so I am trying to understand stuff.

Anyone know how to help someone completely lost?

And hopefully people are still here after... ummm a week.
Keahi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 10:00   Link #63
Lesca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keahi19 View Post
Uhh hi, I am a new reader of this series and in all honesty I've only been able to get a spattering of translations. So not sure if I got everything and still confused to how the Arume do breed amongst themselves. And....

I still don't get the nosebleeds.
They breed using Nanomachines in their bodies, some of it I dont understand myself but I think they act like sperm, altering the DNA of another arume and carrying it to fertilization. The Nanomachines have many other functions for the Arume as well.

The nosebleeds are common in anime/manga, usually means someones really turned on/sexually frustrated

Can anyone tell me the names of the Arume with the cat ears and the human girl thats with her? from Bokura.
Old 2007-12-27, 13:31   Link #64
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesca View Post
Can anyone tell me the names of the Arume with the cat ears and the human girl thats with her? from Bokura.
That Arume is called Mariel (nicknamed Ma-chan), and her human lover I think is called Karin (I'll have to check this later).

Quote:
Uhh hi, I am a new reader of this series and in all honesty I've only been able to get a spattering of translations. So not sure if I got everything and still confused to how the Arume do breed amongst themselves.
An Arume dissolves in her mouth a capsule containing nanomachines that support impregnation and implantation. After about ten seconds, the nanomachines draw cells from the mucous membranes and turn them into cells with the function of sperm. Saliva, cells, and nanomachines for implantation combine into a fluid that has the function of semen. Once the semen-like substance is ready in her mouth, she inseminates her partner (another Arume, or a human female) through oral sex.

And since there are people who don't know what oral sex is:

From wiki:

Oral sex consists of all sexual activities that involve the use of the mouth, which may include use of the tongue, teeth, and throat, to stimulate genitalia.

In the case of Arume, it would be Cunnilingus (mouthXvagina).

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2008-02-12 at 15:18.
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 17:15   Link #65
Keahi19

lol. I see now. THanks I was kinda curious about all that and couldn't find an explanation. Also couldn't find easy downloads. I can't use rar files and that limits my abilities to download. So I've gotten like one or two, but the premise I found interesting.

Though I am curious about how the Arume run their society if they are so hedonistic. There have to be some chaste Arume in order for them to survive as a society. No matter how advanced, you always need the Public Servants, Scribes, or Pencil Pushers, what have you to make sure life is in some form of order. I gather the military is probably rather organized (If its a military that is able to fight at all it has to be.)

Either way I am a new inductee and was really curious about that. Cause I couldn't find it.

Anyways, does anyone know any good Blue Drop fanfics and downloads for the originals that aren't in rar? Zip is always preferabble to me.

And thank you Kazka-kun and Lessca. It's nice to meet you. Must be polite after all.
Old 2007-12-27, 21:07   Link #66
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...Though I am curious about how the Arume run their society if they are so hedonistic. There have to be some chaste Arume in order for them to survive as a society. No matter how advanced, you always need the Public Servants, Scribes, or Pencil Pushers, what have you to make sure life is in some form of order. I gather the military is probably rather organized (If its a military that is able to fight at all it has to be.)....
I don't think hedonism and efficiency are mutually exclusive. As long as you spend enough time working, it's okay to be hedonistic at other times, I think. In the manga, the hedonistic pair who inveigle the two humans into Arume Street are also high-school teachers....

Apparently there are two classes of citizens: ordinary citizens and the military. There is also a third kind of Arume, who are artificially force-grown and become those human bombs you see falling from the sky in the manga. Some hidden pages on the anime official site explain this, and there are translations of that info in the anime thread.

By the way, the special manga chapter from the first DVD has shown up in cyberspace, in one of the usual places.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 21:58   Link #67
Keahi19

Huh I don't remember that part. I gotta redownload this.... and I am missing the place. ARGH!! So they are high-school teachers. Interesting. As for being hedonistic and working, well that's a fine line. I've worked public service before and you gotta be careful to balance it out. Not that I am a hedonists, but I haves me fun.

I was curious about the phrases of blowing up girls. I got confused.

What's the usual places? I don't know good places to download. O_O I really want to read both of the mangas translated. ARGH!! Public computers. Zip files, need zip files.

*Mumbles*
Old 2007-12-27, 23:35   Link #68
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
As for being ic and working, well that's a fine line. I've worked public service before and you gotta be careful to balance it out.
It's possible that that kind of behavior isn't viewed as being problematic as it is in our society. It's probably more that possible, actually.
Old 2007-12-28, 12:55   Link #69
Keahi19

Yeah, but see even in a very outgoing society you have to have someone whose ordered. A society its impossible to survive without some ordered individuals. Now that could mean that the Arume leave it to the humans to be ordered. (Humans like order even if they wish to think of free-will and such)

It's possible that the majority of Arume are hedonistic, but that there is a small minority that refrain from such actions. From what I gathered the number of Arume you actually see in the manga is rather limited recently. At least in the newer one that's based on societial changes. It's still ongoing last time I checked.

It'd kinda be funny if the Arume look down on those who refuse to be hedonistic in their culture as we do hedonists in ours, and yet they are the ones that the society depends on to allow them to be hedonisitic. That'd be kinda ironic.

Sorry I'm long winded and also a huge political science and history nerd. (Got my degrees in it) The thought of a new culture, as fictional as it is, is what drew me to this story in the first place. New cultures make me... uh... well lets not say that. Yes not say it.
Old 2007-12-28, 18:49   Link #70
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

They're not completely disorganized - far from it; especially in the military, and they seem to be a military-centric society. It's more like they're just uninhibited in certain areas.
Old 2007-12-28, 23:59   Link #71
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think that hedonism and order are not necessarily opposites. Someone who's French should correct me, but I note that the past two presidents of France have openly had lovers. Some societies are able to function quite well, doing their jobs during work hours, and indulging themselves in off-hours. Even in America, there is the saying: "Work hard, play hard." Maybe more nose-to-the-grindstone societies are economically and/or militarily more successful, but another paradigm is at least imaginable, it seems to me.

And I'll add that a scanlated version of the new manga chapter has shown up on Nyaatorrents and Tokyotosho.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-12-29, 01:24   Link #72
Keahi19

OOH have to read that then. HMM I suppose I haven't read it enough yet to really know. And that's true in off hours you can play hard.

The motivation for saying that is I am curious if they will show more varied charecterisation. A good series can devolve quickly when a certain type of individual becomes a charecterature. I just want to make sure I'm not getting into an area where the aliens are just all uncontrolled hedonists. Ergo are some of them much less anti-male or something. Little use doesn't automatically lead to hatred. Are some Arume apathetic? I guess I'd have to really read it, but I don't want to be disappointed.

Is it a rich tapestry of a culture? Also if they are a military centric society, do they have ideals of honor, loyalty, and duty? I know they are humanesque, but it seems people only point out the negative Imperialisms they have in common with us, and not the other aspects that come with a military society that doesn't have "loyalty to the state"

I keep hearing people say that most Arume most likely aren't like the two teachers who threaten the girl with impregnantion and the boy with outing him. (And do if I read it right.) So that comment confused me. Are those the only two Arume we really get to know even in the regular series? As of yet.

Sorry if I appeared argumentative. -_-() I just like variety of charecters in a culture. If too simplified it gets dull. And that statement confused me. Also I know I am grilling you and thank you for the time and patience you are giving me.

Will be downloading them on Sunday. ANd now I have to figure out how to uncompress a torrent file. HMmmm I'll bug someone who knows computers.

Last edited by Keahi19; 2007-12-29 at 01:42.
Old 2007-12-29, 06:44   Link #73
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
The entire first volume has been scanlated into Chinese and boy the last chapter was just... Having read RAY long ago I forgot how graphic the mangaka gets when it comes to violence.

Spoiler for Mega spoiler:

Last edited by Hypernova; 2007-12-29 at 07:08.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 09:33   Link #74
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
The motivation for saying that is I am curious if they will show more varied charecterisation.
They're already quite varied.
Quote:
Is it a rich tapestry of a culture? Also if they are a military centric society, do they have ideals of honor, loyalty, and duty? I know they are humanesque, but it seems people only point out the negative Imperialisms they have in common with us, and not the other aspects that come with a military society that doesn't have "loyalty to the state"
Most of the characters are from the military, and yes, they do have their ideals.
Quote:
I keep hearing people say that most Arume most likely aren't like the two teachers who threaten the with impregnantion and the boy with outing him. (And do if I read it right.) So that comment confused me. Are those the only two Arume we really get to know even in the regular series? As of yet.
Yes, that's essentially what they tried to do
Spoiler for list of major Arume characters:

Quote:
Will be downloading them on Sunday. ANd now I have to figure out how to uncompress a torrent file. HMmmm I'll bug someone who knows computers.
Don't uncompress the .rar's. Use this
Old 2007-12-29, 16:02   Link #75
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Great summary of the Arume characters in the manga, FPB. That belongs in Wikipedia. (I find the system won't let me give you a cookie yet, either.)

It seems that the author is developing quite a cast of characters and gradually fleshing out the society. Alien it is, but human, too. I think of how chaotic and immoral North American society looks to people from certain traditional Christian, Muslim, or Asian societies.
Spoiler for speculation about new manga from anime DVD:
And Keahi19, I'm sorry if I appeared argumentative, too. I'm taking on the role of Arume defender, when I can find anything defensible, lol. There is a forum for Download Help on AnimeSuki where you can ask questions about how to use bittorrent. The basic idea is that you download a small "torrent" file and then open it with a "bittorrent" program (I recommend one called utorrent). The program uses the little file to find other people who have the actual video or manga or whatever it is you want, and downloads it from them. There's a "beginner's guide" on the utorrent site.
Old 2007-12-29, 17:02   Link #76
Lesca

Does anyone know how many volumes there's going to be of Bokura? and who's the girl shown in the drawings at the end of the Kaijin(?) manga? she kinda looks like the Ai girl from the new manga, a little.
Old 2007-12-29, 19:30   Link #77
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for new manga:

Quote:
Does anyone know how many volumes there's going to be of Bokura?
Like with most serializations, it's impossible to know.
Quote:
and who's the girl shown in the drawings at the end of the Kaijin(?) manga? she kinda looks like the Ai girl from the new manga, a little.
I think that girl is a character from a novel called "School Ningyo" (スクール人魚). IIRC it hasn't been published yet, but Yoshitomi has some illustrations of it on his homepage.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/garigarik...gakiokiba.html

There are some pics of Blue Drop, Ray, and Eatman too.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2007-12-29 at 19:41.
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 19:42   Link #78
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Great summary of the Arume characters in the manga, FPB. That belongs in Wikipedia. (I find the system won't let me give you a cookie yet, either.)
Heh, thanks. I think it needs some clean-up before it's Wiki-worthy, though
Spoiler:

Quote:
I'm taking on the role of Arume defender, when I can find anything defensible, lol.
After the awesomeness that was Gikyoku, and after the discussions about Arume society, values, personalities, etc. that we've been having here, I was feeling a lot better about them.
Then I found out about Gosuta

Thought: wouldn't the vaccine used to dispatch Thought-Arresting Weapons and Kaijin be similar to whatever Gosuta are injected with?

@Kazu: What's this? Besides pretty and interesting.
Old 2007-12-29, 19:54   Link #79
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Thought: wouldn't the vaccine used to dispatch Thought-Arresting Weapons and Kaijin be similar to whatever Gosuta are injected with?
I thought about that even before I knew about the gosuta. I based it on Rumi, who was obviously a gosuta herself. I don't know is the content of the vaccine is the same, but the result certainly is. You could say that children who have been given the vaccine are human gosuta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
@Kazu: What's this? Besides pretty and interesting.
How would I know? But you right It looks pretty lol.
Old 2007-12-29, 21:20   Link #80
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
How would I know?
You spoke with an air of authority and knowledge.
Plus, you're the only one here who knows anything at all about Yoshitomi's other work

Human Gosuta... what makes one a Gosuta is the gestation in an artificial womb and being rapidly grown with artificial proteins - not the boom. The boom makes you beautiful to Arume for some reason. Maybe they have a thing for guro.

Tags
shounen, yuri