AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-04, 16:17   Link #12701
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The name of the servants are:

Runon
Renon
Manon
Reinon

there is also Nanjo's granddaughter to consider, and Kinzo's wife of course.
The new woman doesn't look like she'd be related to Nanjo... seeing as she wears the Ushiromiya family crest. I'm hoping that she's related to Beatrice somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
Yeah, the names of the servants sortof correspond to the children in Higurashi. Dunno if it's significant or not. In any case, they can't be the actual children, since all "-on" people were raised in the orphanage.

I'd say it'd make sense if the servants decided to investigate the deaths of their colleagues... perhaps. In any case, the girl looks a lot like a servant.

If you cross off the people who have to be someone else on the island (MF19YA, Maria's Father?), the dead person (Asumu) and the people who don't exist, you're left with the servants. In any case, they're Pendragon's memorial troops, right?

Renon is actually talked of in a little detail... we know she's rather lazy, likes to cut corners and is on good terms with Natsuhi, for instance. We also know Shannon and Kanon don't like her... a fair amount of info, I'd say.

Oh, and Wright is a very definate possibility for the guy.

EDIT: I thought it was Ruion... probably misremembering again. And I don't remember about Reinon at all. And for some reason I remember Renon. Maaaan my memory is bad.

I'm guessing that the guy may be Wizard Hunting Wright or related to Dlanor in some way seeing as his eyes are yellow.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:20   Link #12702
Judoh
Mystery buff

Sorry I'm late to the party guys

Doesn't this shot look like some guys in suits shooting a machine gun? I think we might get some 1998 yakuza action in this episode.
Spoiler for yakuza YAY:

Actually I'm thinking this episode might be a 1998 reenaction of the murders by different survivors (from a different Kakera than 1998 Ange's).
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:22   Link #12703
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator

Mmm, that's an interesting idea, having two different 1998's running parallel with one another?
delita-umw- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:25   Link #12704
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Eww... 1998? D:<

I'd like for the game to focus on 1986 more... less Meta... less future... less flashbacks and things that don't directly involve it. I'd like to be given straight facts instead of having to figure things out based on information given to me in a 1998 world... but I guess it can't be helped, I am in the minority after all.

I just hope this episode will be interesting... >____>

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:30   Link #12705
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

All we've seen from the screenshots is 1986 and meta-layer stuff, so there's no real evidence there's even going to be any more "future" stuff at all.

Also, isn't Kinzo older than Genji?
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:32   Link #12706
ijriims

Now if we consider the clothes of the new "girl", it seems that "she" is putting on a man's coat.

The buttons are on the left.

Battler, you have already known it, right?

Without Love, it cannot be seen.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:40   Link #12707
Turtleen
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
I have to wonder if this woman IS a woman XD maybe it's just the tailor in me, but in the portrait her jacket buttons on the female side, in the game jacket it buttons on the male side... AND LACK OF CHEST ANYONE? 8D; It IS Ryuukishi afterall...

I'm banking on not Asumu, Beatrice, Asumu's Battler, Kinzo or Rudolf. Given that the man has no eagle from what we can see and the yellow eyes, while the woman DOES have multiple eagles. Jessica and Kanon seems possible. If they hadn't appeared long ago and had been mentioned at some point, I'd have guessed Ange and Amakusa, they seem to have the same sort of relationship, bodyguard and mistress.

edit - beaten to it XD
yeah, this isn't a woman, as far as I'm concerned.
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:42   Link #12708
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleen View Post
I have to wonder if this woman IS a woman XD maybe it's just the tailor in me, but in the portrait her jacket buttons on the female side, in the game jacket it buttons on the male side... AND LACK OF CHEST ANYONE? 8D; It IS Ryuukishi afterall...
That settles it.

She's from the mirror universe!

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:44   Link #12709
Turtleen
*Artist

Of course, Kyrie's blouse buttons on the male side as well, you can tell by her tie clip, but her jacket buttons on the female side. It may mean nothing, but Ryuukishi seems to be good about those things generally so...

Quote:
That settles it.

She's from the mirror universe!
This.

...does anyone else think the yellow-eyed guy looks like Train Heartnet? ^^;
Old 2010-07-04, 16:53   Link #12710
luckyssol

Someone posted a close up of her face on 2ch a while ago:

Spoiler for face:

It could be nothing or just some kind of graphical error but it kind of goes with the lyrics of being shattered and dolled up...

Shkanon?

Well, we're probably not going to find out who this for another month and a half.
Old 2010-07-04, 16:54   Link #12711
Leafsnail

If it is Shkannon, I'd understand being gender confused with an appearance like that...
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:56   Link #12712
Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Also, isn't Kinzo older than Genji?
There's actually no evidence I was able to track down. The minimum possible age for Genji is smaller than it is for Kinzo, but no known statements allow us to pin them against each other definitely.

From Genji's loyalty, I have a suspicion that he served under Kinzo during the war (there's no way Kinzo wouldn't be an officer if you ask me, while we know he did serve in the army -- and that would also make Kinzo likely to be older) and owes him his life at least, but that is pure speculation.

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-07-04, 16:58   Link #12713
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
All we've seen from the screenshots is 1986 and meta-layer stuff, so there's no real evidence there's even going to be any more "future" stuff at all.
Actually if this screenshot means anything we might get more stuff from Maria's diary.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Anybody willing to translate?
Old 2010-07-04, 16:59   Link #12714
luckyssol

Chronotrig did the translation a few pages back:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12514

Edit: Note that ore is used here so that narrows down who could be saying that line. But it's not clear who is saying it.
Old 2010-07-04, 17:00   Link #12715
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Spoiler for face:
I think it just might be that particular style of painting.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 17:02   Link #12716
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Actually if this screenshot means anything we might get more stuff from Maria's diary.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Anybody willing to translate?
これは、俺からお前に捧げる。。。唯一の物語だ。
This is my dedication to you, (my) one and only story.

Rough translation since it lacks context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Chronotrig did the translation a few pages back:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12514

Edit: Note that ore is used here so that narrows down who could be saying that line. But it's not clear who is saying it.
Oh, for some reason I thought chronotrig deleted that message...

It's gotta be Battler, I think. Talking about his previous game for Beatrice. And how it all will unravel thanks to Bernkastel. I have a feeling not even Moetrice will be spared... 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig
"Poor thing. Gohda. Talk to Kyrie-san later and bring her some porridge."
Anyways.. it's interesting... normally you bring kayu (porridge/congee/basically like rice-only soup/overboiled rice soup) to people who are sick. Especially like diarrhea. Does the 'her' imply Kyrie? Or most likely.. Ange?

EDIT: Ohhh.. maybe in this episode Ange gets dragged to Rokkenjima even though she's ... um... passing chocolate syrup, as Battler so un-gentlemanly put it. 8)
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 17:07   Link #12717
Turtleen
*Artist

Given the game title and such, along with speech style, it sounds plausible to be Battler talking (to/about Beatrice)...
Old 2010-07-04, 17:08   Link #12718
Judoh
Mystery buff

Just a note: Willard Huntington Wright's (Wizard Hunting Wright) second wife was named Eleanor Rulapaugh. Guess what she was? A portrait painter.

Her professional name was Claire De Isle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._S._Van_Dine
Old 2010-07-04, 17:11   Link #12719
Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
Anyways.. it's interesting... normally you bring kayu (porridge/congee/basically like rice-only soup/overboiled rice soup) to people who are sick. Especially like diarrhea. Does the 'her' imply Kyrie? Or most likely.. Ange?
There's only two options on this route -- either Battler didn't come and Ange came instead of him (and got sick upon arrival) or both of them are present.

That might finally answer the question of whether anything would have happened if Battler wasn't there, and answer it for good.

...wait, idea. What if the fake first twilight is planned for Ange to "show her magic" and then Battler shows up in her stead and the plan goes through anyway?

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-07-04, 17:12   Link #12720
Turtleen
*Artist

Quote:
That's what I was thinking too, it would appear to be Kyrie, but what if Ange has come along this time? That's certainly something that's been tossed around, and if Bernkastel's the game master, she could put Ange to use again...