AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-01, 14:01   Link #1
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-kun: Precious Lies

Romanized/Jpnse name: Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan Totteoki no Uso ;
说谎的男孩与坏掉的女孩
Author: Iruma Hiruma
Artist: Atou Atsunori

Synopsis

The setting is a rural city in which a kidnapping and a series of murders are happening simultaneously, where there was also a kidnapping 8 years ago. The victims, the compulsive liar "Mii-kun" (the narrator), and "Maa-chan" (Misono Mayu) reunite and start living together, despite of the fact that the kidnapped children were in Mayu's apartment...

Spoiler for content enclosed is an explanation directly from the translator's website:

I really enjoyed reading this first chapter. It sets up the setting for the 2 chars and gives you a first impression of the girl's personality, which is definitely yandere-like =03. So it's like that. It took me by surprise and pulled me in. Though it was only the first chapter I read, I can't wait to see how things develop.
Spoiler for chp 1:

Geez, took me longer to make this post than to actually read the story .

Last edited by frubam; 2010-10-01 at 14:24.
Old 2010-10-01, 14:45   Link #2
Kunagisa

Dawww, makes me sad you missed my post =P!

I think overall the art's decent but not as good the LN one imo (Hidari really did a good job). I think half the light novel readers fangasmed when they finally saw Mi-kun's face =D.

Everything looks good so far. Chapter 1 set up things nicely. Though the first page can be skipped imo. Coming from the Light Novel, I can already see the hints dropping here and there and that feels nice =P.

So nice of you to make a thread for this~~~

EDIT: Obviously the real answer is Ma-chan pretending to the kidnapper to cover up Mi-kun's killing tendencies~~~ Jk, I lied =P.
Old 2010-10-01, 15:14   Link #3
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Dawww, makes me sad you missed my post =P!
Lol, sorry, but I don't read that thread due to my lack of moonspeaking skills =0P

Quote:
I think overall the art's decent but not as good the LN one imo (Hidari really did a good job). I think half the light novel readers fangasmed when they finally saw Mi-kun's face =D.
I've only seen the girl's face(from the cover I guess), but it's to be expected I guess (>.>). Mayu doesn't look as "cute" in the manga, but I'm unaffected I suppose, since I'm unfamiliar with the source =0\.
Quote:
EDIT: Obviously the real answer is Ma-chan pretending to the kidnapper to cover up Mi-kun's killing tendencies~~~ Jk, I lied =P.
You evil b*****d ! Simply based on chapter 1 though, it could def be both ways. ARRRGGGHHH I WANT THE NEXT CHAPTER >,<!

Last edited by frubam; 2010-10-01 at 15:27.
Old 2010-10-01, 16:08   Link #4
Falkor

oh and I was thinking of creating a thread for the manga, but I wanted to read more chapters before doing so.

anyway, the art is OK, I think. not sure what story to expect, but the characters are very very interesting. loved both Maa-chan and Mii-kun---mentally unstable characters are instant win... I get the feeling this can turn into something awesome given the settings and the premise of the story. but we will see, I guess
Old 2010-10-01, 16:33   Link #5
Xacual

I liked the first chapter a lot. I liked both the main characters for being "broken", though I think Mii-kun will be my favorite character based on first chapter. Of course the question being if we the readers have already been lied to or not.

Kind of odd but I liked the line where before Mii-kun introduced himself and Maa-chan asked if he knew and he said "Of course" then in his thoughts "Of course not."

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-10-01, 18:05   Link #6
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
mentally unstable characters are instant win
Basically.

Since this is a new manga with only one chapter out, the deciding factor for me will be if this is weekly or monthly, and if we get somewhat constant translations.
Old 2010-10-12, 08:29   Link #7
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 2:
Old 2010-10-12, 10:01   Link #8
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Okay, the artwork is excellent, but the story is... creepy. Will read more before deciding if I'm gonna follow this or not.
Old 2010-10-12, 11:33   Link #9
Shadow5YA

These people are more disturbed than the cast of Welcome to the NHK. I love it.
Old 2010-10-12, 13:52   Link #10
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
These people are more disturbed than the cast of Welcome to the NHK. I love it.
Disturbed is such a relative word! Maa-chan is cute and cuddly to me . Too bad this might end in a couple of chapters according to the scanning group.
Old 2010-10-12, 18:03   Link #11
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Disturbed is such a relative word! Maa-chan is cute and cuddly to me . Too bad this might end in a couple of chapters according to the scanning group.
No, not to you, only to Mii-kun. After spoiling myself by reading that blog post, I can see why.

Is the light novel still ongoing?
Old 2010-10-12, 18:13   Link #12
Kunagisa

Quote:
No, not to you, only to Mii-kun. After spoiling myself by reading that blog post, I can see why.

Is the light novel still ongoing?
Light novel is indeed still going and gets even more grim.
Old 2010-10-12, 22:22   Link #13
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Light novel is indeed still going and gets even more grim.
Yes, I already found out what's behind the kids and what broke Maa-chan.

Has anything been resolved or improved at all?

On a side note, there's an error in the topic title. Right now it says "Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-kun: Precious Lies"

I'm sure you can spot the error, unless I missed that Maa-chan is a trap somewhere.
Old 2010-10-14, 10:49   Link #14
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Awesome manga! I'm hooked with it now!
Old 2010-11-14, 08:39   Link #15
Myname

Quote:
Yes, I already found out what's behind the kids and what broke Maa-chan.

Has anything been resolved or improved at all?

On a side note, there's an error in the topic title. Right now it says "Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-kun: Precious Lies"

I'm sure you can spot the error, unless I missed that Maa-chan is a trap somewhere.
You mind posting the spoilers? I'm interested in knowing.
Old 2010-11-14, 11:05   Link #16
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Ch 3 is out and.......
I like that detective girl. She's the closed eyes type and seem easy-going. And she seems to have interest in Mii-kun as well.
Old 2010-11-14, 13:06   Link #17
Iron21

Spoiler for 3:
Old 2010-11-14, 20:06   Link #18
frubam
simp for Lyria

Nice chapter. Man, it's really hard to tell what Mii-kun's motivation is. Does he really want to just protect Maa-chan? Well, i suppose he wants to protect her, after telling those kids that he'd take the heat for Mayu taking them(unless that was a lie. She was beating the crap outta him though . He must really love her a lot to take all of this physical(and probably mental) abuse, both intentional and unintentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Ch 3 is out and.......
I like that detective girl. She's the closed eyes type and seem easy-going. And she seems to have interest in Mii-kun as well.
Pfft, she's friends with the psychologist, so maybe she's messed up in the head a bit too =0\. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if she was the killer.
Old 2010-11-14, 20:58   Link #19
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I have no idea where the story is headed, but I definitely don't feel any love from Mii-kun. It feels more like he's acting on some kind of obligation.
Old 2010-12-19, 11:08   Link #20
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Chapter 4 out

Spoiler for mii:
Closed Thread

Tags
horror, seinen