AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-01, 23:04   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oda Nobuna no Yabō

Source
Quote:
The official blog of Softbank Creative's GA Bunko imprint announced on Wednesday that a television anime adaptation of Miyage Kasuga's Oda Nobuna no Yabō light novel series is in the works. The historical romantic comedy follows a modern-day high school boy named Yoshiharu Sagara who is transported to Japan's Sengoku Jidai (Era of the Warring States) — except the well-known warriors of the era are female. Oda Nobuna, a cute girl who happens to be a warlord, nicknames Yoshiharu "Monkey" and takes him under her wing.

The series title is a wordplay on Nobunaga no Yabō or Nobunaga's Ambition, KOEI's simulation game franchise inspired by the real-life historical figure Oda Nobunaga. Miyama-Zero illustrates both Oda Nobuna no Yabō and another light novel series, High School DxD. The Oda Nobuna no Yabō novels have sold over 400,000 copies since 2009, and the seventh volume is shipping on November 15.
Ok, first there was a Yuri anime where the MC was a girl and all of the Sengoku warlords were female. Then there was anime that was announced that made the warlords as pretty Bishonens and the MCs were two girls. And now this anime which makes warlords into cute girls and the MC a guy.

Why do they keep making remakes of the Sengoku? I prefer Sengoku Basara because IMO that's the BEST Sengoku adaption ever!!!
Old 2011-11-01, 23:24   Link #2
Kunagisa

Not really surprised at this adaptation because of the previous manga adaptation. One of the few GA Bunko titles that actually sell ok. The story isn't bad, but isn't anything remarkable.

The illustrations though, are very, very good (maybe I should link all the cover arts). Here's hoping for a decent studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Why do they keep making remakes of the Sengoku?
Era of [b]romance and concentrated historical figures!
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 23:25   Link #3
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Errr... Sengoku Rance?? O.o
I'm sure there are many adaptations where main warlords of Sengoku Jidai / other warlords / other Japan hero is female...

What is the strong point of this title??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 23:35   Link #4
Midonin
Last Engage

So this has nothing to do with the OOO portion of Movie Wars Core, the one where Nobunaga is an anthropod mutant.

I'll watch it anyway.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 12:58   Link #5
besurvivor

Kinda funny that the story is quite similar to Koihime Muso O_o from the game version
only the different is it based from Chinese history while this is from Japanese history
besurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 13:30   Link #6
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Sengoku Rance is the only Warring States Era production I want to see animated, and that's never going to happen.

I think I'll pass on this one...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 14:01   Link #7
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Premise reminds me a bit of Amatsuki, though of course the era is different.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 14:20   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Sengoku Rance is the only Warring States Era production I want to see animated, and that's never going to happen.

I think I'll pass on this one...
The only time Rance was ever in an anime was way back in 1994 with a 2 shot OVA called Rance: Sabaku no Guardian. I don't see anything from Alicesoft ever making it into a TV anime nor Eushully, especially not with some of the new rules they've got going on. An OVA might work, but honestly I don't see anyone being interested that would give it any sort of budget.

Anyway is it fair that I saw this title and immediately thought of Gihren No Yabou? I'd love to see an adaptation of that, but obviously this is another one of those Sengokusploitation shows where they moeify something or other. We all know the drill by now I'm sure.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 15:18   Link #9
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Premise looks terrible. Yet another warring states period anime with moe girls? Seriously? Moving on...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 15:48   Link #10
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Premise looks terrible. Yet another warring states period anime with moe girls? Seriously? Moving on...
This, so much. Is the Sengoku period seriously the only 'interesting' Japanese historical backdrop for writers?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 19:17   Link #11
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
This, so much. Is the Sengoku period seriously the only 'interesting' Japanese historical backdrop for writers?
Well there's the feudal era (Tokugawa Shogunate), the Meiji Restoration and WWII. The feudal era gets used fairly often and I've seen WWII show up in shows like Zipang! but those seem to be the only other two. The Meiji Restoration I can never recall showing up as a setting. They'd sooner go to France it seems before taking that era up.
Old 2011-11-02, 22:33   Link #12
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well there's the feudal era (Tokugawa Shogunate), the Meiji Restoration and WWII. The feudal era gets used fairly often and I've seen WWII show up in shows like Zipang! but those seem to be the only other two. The Meiji Restoration I can never recall showing up as a setting.
I thought that Rurouni Kenshin takes place during the Meiji Restoration?

That doesn't chance the fact that this is the fourth anime I've noticed in the last 2 years with the exact same idea: Sengoku period setting with ensemble cast consisting of famous warring leaders modified to simple moe archetypes. I don't know if Sengoku Basara started this trend or if it started further back (which is more likely). It's one thing to have an anime set in the Sengoku period, but to run off this same idea so many times is getting old. (This is what's interesting about Hyouge Mono, by the way. It operates on a radically different concept.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
They'd sooner go to France it seems before taking that era up.
To see more foreign historical settings in anime would be great. I wouldn't count on it though.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 23:34   Link #13
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Sengoku period in japan is like the three kingdom period of china, highly romantasized and popular with young and old people alike. Not to mention, there's no clear enemy characters in i unlike yoshitsune's story so each people can cheer on the character with trait that most closely resemble them. And also, it has to symbolic character in nobunaga, a tragic ambitious man, and hideyoshi, the symbol of rising from lowest position into the highest. It's not a wonder that many story took the era as it's setting.

For tokugawa shogunate, nothing interesting is happening n the period so it's hard to take it as setting. Meiji restoration has a lot of event happening during it, but unlike sengoku period where it is country x country, in meiji restoration, the theme is more about rebellion against government.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 02:36   Link #14
Fuyuno
Banned

They already made a bishounen fest of Shinshengumi or something like that and now they are targeting the Sengoku Jidai? Give me a break.
Fuyuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 11:35   Link #15
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I thought that Rurouni Kenshin takes place during the Meiji Restoration?

That doesn't chance the fact that this is the fourth anime I've noticed in the last 2 years with the exact same idea: Sengoku period setting with ensemble cast consisting of famous warring leaders modified to simple moe archetypes. I don't know if Sengoku Basara started this trend or if it started further back (which is more likely). It's one thing to have an anime set in the Sengoku period, but to run off this same idea so many times is getting old. (This is what's interesting about Hyouge Mono, by the way. It operates on a radically different concept.)

To see more foreign historical settings in anime would be great. I wouldn't count on it though.
Well looks like your wish has been granted
Old 2011-11-03, 20:06   Link #16
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Huh this seems like a reverse of Sengoku Strays which has a female lead going back in time and the big wigs being bishounen.

Porbably give this a little whirl but I think more likely to wait for it to finish airing then watch it all at once.
Old 2011-12-02, 21:51   Link #17
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

this looks pretty interesting

Is anything of this series released in english yet eg. a manga chapter?
Old 2011-12-29, 00:30   Link #18
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Trailer is out. And the anime is being made by.....MADHOUSE!

Oda Nobuna no Yabō Historical Comedy's 1st Promo Posted
Old 2011-12-29, 00:46   Link #19
Midonin
Last Engage

Studio Gokumi is credited too. I liked their work on A Channel.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 01:02   Link #20
Undertaker

Wait a sec, this is getting anime adapted too?

It could be interesting because so far I've enjoyed the light novel.

The author so far has sticking to the actual historical events, though with some personal twist and the really differentiate the series from others of similar theme, albeit different media, such as Sengoku Rance, Koihime Musou, Ikkitousen, Sengoku Hime, etc.

If anything this series is like a cross of manga Ryuurouden (the first series) and Ikkitousen.

I just hope this didn't end up like Koihime where they took away the main protagonist and focus only on the moe-fied girls, especially the main point of this light novel is about the main character's ambition to create his ancient harem and the fact that he is subbing into Hideyoshi's roles and performing the duties based on his historical/video games knowledge.

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen