AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-02, 11:13   Link #141
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

@Nixl - There's been a few points I've been tempted to post requesting the innuendo be toned down, yes. I haven't done so yet because it has so far been quickly replaced with chapter discussion.
Old 2011-11-02, 11:14   Link #142
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
@Malak,

The question must be asked though, just what did Miria do to be so good with her mouth?

Spoiler for Sooo:
I have heard that Tabitha helped with that "special training".....
.....but it's just a rumor,nothing is known for certain since it was super secret....i wonder why.....

(oh god,i'll get another neg rep for this,)

@Nixl
Quote:
Edit: Malak got neg rep for his opinion in this thread? How does that work, I've been making shit posts with sexual jokes the past two pages and got nothing.
I'm a privileged person!
Old 2011-11-02, 11:25   Link #143
Nixl

I think I finally figured out the confusion I have had with Cassandra's form. It actually reminds me of something out of Gantz. The author of Gantz has some creatures with the same human qualities, yet grotesque and often completely strange to view. I think it actually fits Cassandra. Consider that Roxanne called Cassandra's technique strange, awkward, and perverse. Now we have an awakened form that is just that.
Spoiler for Gantz:

Spoiler for Cassandra:

As for Roxanne's awakening body, I wonder if there will be a theme of hair considering it seemed like her hair was starting to tentacle out.

Last edited by Nixl; 2011-11-02 at 11:38.
Old 2011-11-02, 11:29   Link #144
SeanQ

Kinda weird that Hysteria body just gets back up after being killed and awakens..if only Teresa's body could do this...
Old 2011-11-02, 11:35   Link #145
Darkensed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Kinda weird that Hysteria body just gets back up after being killed and awakens..if only Teresa's body could do this...
It seems that Dae putted a timer for the 3 resurrected Number 1... After that time, they will awake. The meaning of this is that Dae wants to attract Priscilla with a VERY HUGE AMOUNT OF RELEASED YOKI....

If that works we'll see Priscilla and Clare or even Luciela and Raftela going out that blob...
Old 2011-11-02, 11:42   Link #146
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain999 View Post
I think it will be better if Yagi could spare a few panels like how
Miria knew she had no chances against Hysteria, and therefore thought of a desperate plan to lose both her limbs in order to lower her guard and trick her and finally using a concealed claymore to end the battle.
Well, that I feel is actually the problem. Yagi has never gone over 31 pages for a chapter except in rare occasions like ch 1 or chapters with a coverpage/colored page. So I think that his his limit set by his bosses. Yet for some reason he feels compelled to have 2 massive fights going on at the same time then have several pages of dialog at the end... for what he wanted in a single chapter he couldn't really cut anything else to squeeze in the needed pages that would have removed the jarring experience of Miria pulling a sword out of thin air.

I've long believed that the pace Yagi has set conflicts with the size limit of a chapter and it's only becoming more and more apparent to me. I mean it was bad in the Destroyer arc but this was far worse. Simply put Yagi is either going to have to cut down on how many plot lines he squeezes into one chapter or be given more pages per chapter.

I'd be fine with either... if we got a better drawn out Cassandra vs Roxanne this month (still with Miria rushing in to help the twins but ending with her trying to get get Hysteria to set aside there difference to end the AB) then next month have the Hysteria vs Miria fight without all the jarring "twists" followed by Dae and Rubel this could have been way way better. Now if Yagi was just give 9 more pages and added a bit more detail here and there this too would have improved things. However as is, the whole thing was a mess just jumping from one plot element to the next and not quite wrapping them all together with a pretty bow. Don't get me wrong, I'd still be angry about the sword in the mouth thing but at least the chapter would have flowed well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Different opinions.I don't agree.
The whole battle changed drastically during this chapter,i liked it a lot.
Change denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means 'not the same'. I felt this was very very rushed and Dae just giving up and choosing to end it all seems insanely out of character... especially since he had this plan for ages now. Yet for some reason this plan has now become tool to summon Priscilla whom he didn't know about before he made the plan.

I don't know about you but the logic here seems very contrived and forced, his character has just done a 180. Not to mention impossible based on the fact that he had this plan before to bring back the number 1s, yet now it has just randomly become a séance to summon Priscilla.

He's just making this too easy for Rubel...

Plus Rimato seems smart enough... how come he didn't catch on to Dae just giving up on life and wasn't able to figure out the true intent of Dae research even though he had all of the reports.

Quote:
Cassandraa's aw-form is not even close to Riful,what the hell are you saying?
The only things that have in common is the fact that they have tentacles,and that feature is something that TONS of AB have...and even those tentacles are completely different from Riful.
Honestly,Cassy's aw is conceptually a lot more similar to Luciela's form than Riful's form.
Even the whole body is totally different from Riful....not to mention that even the fighting style has very little in common(almost nothing tbh).
I think he means the central body stays back and attacks via tentacles. It's more like an inversely twisted from of it from of it mixed Ophelia's imo, I mean she's got so many heads that even if someone hits her head it's questionable if she just can't go to a new one.

Not sure what you mean by it being similar to Luciela's form beyond the mouths... I mean she was a cat and changed Isley in a melee, sure she attacked with her tails too but Cassy is sitting back and attacking with the head/tentacles very similarly to Riful or Agatha imo not Luciela.

Quote:
Just because Roxy is NORMALLY a calculative warrior it means nothing.
It doesn't take a genius to understand that once she goes crazy (and i mean literally "crazy",lol)her actions are completely driven by her emotions.
Nothing strange here,infact even the main character,Claire herself, has a similar problem: Claire is generally very calculative,but talk about Prissy and.......
I agree, mostly, but feel more set up to show Roxanne getting emotional with Cassandra was a common theme in there relationship. There relationship up to now has been more hinted at Cassy would be the one to get emotional and Roxy had moved on from Cassy which is why she had her killed. However she seems to have some how now fallen back into her past relationship with her when she was obsessed with her and I found this to be a bit out of the blue but yet totally predictable too. In short, once again I just wish Yagi had set this up better but he's just rushing forward with the plot.

Quote:
So what? Miria's power while using that much yoki is clearly at an incredible level,holdind a clymore with her mouth should be a joke for her.
In case you haven't noticed it's full of ABs (even normal ones) that can chew rocks like they were nothing,lol.
What's so strange for a semi-aw warrior that is almost at her limit to be able to hold a claymore with her mouth?( not to mention that it's not that she goes around swinging her sword in her mouth,she simply stabbed Histy in a very soft spot,the neck).
Miria IS NOT a normal human,her mandible should have crazy strenght too.
It's not a question of if she can lift it, it's a question of if she can get to it quick enough, then aim it, then thrust it with enough force for the sword to not slide out of her mouth as it hits Hysteria's neck out, and finally do it all out of the corner of her eye due to the odd angle of attack she need to travel to do that... and she must do all that before Hysteria simply needed to drop her already raised sword into Miria as she laid helpless on the floor. Gooral is very right the only way this could have worked is if Miria travel way faster than she ever did before.

As to the sword sliding out of her mouth, it's quite simple a simple parry by Hysteria could have easily sent the sword flying out of her mouth if she did since Miria's mouth is only griping the handle from two points and isn't really enclosed around it. Plus Hysteria could have Eleganted out of the way, or just stabbed Miria as she went for the sword. This was a cliched villain must waste there time as the hero pulls out an 11th hour save sequence.
Old 2011-11-02, 11:44   Link #147
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
At this rate she'll come out of Clare soon enough... (no joke, I'm seriously worried this is where yagi is taking this )
Old 2011-11-02, 11:44   Link #148
MalakTawus

Quote:
Well,to be fair we can't be even sure if those 3 can die "normally" like the other warriors, they are some sort of zombie afterall,maybe there is something that "keeps them alive" and that must be destroyed to REALLY kill them once and for all,or maybe they simply have a specific weak point......of course it's just a speculation for now.
That's why imo it's not so strange for Histy to awaken even if she was stabbed in the neck.

@Ryus

Quote:
Change denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means 'not the same'.
I didn't say that i don't agree only 'cause there was a change,i also said that i liked it a lot.

And what in your opinion is rushed,in my

opinion is Yagi impressing to the battlefield a good speed 'cause i felt that the last few chapters were interesting but the pace was way too slow (if we continued at that speed the whole battle would have been incredibly long).
Also for Dea making that plan to lure Prissy makes perfect sense, it's not that she decided at the last second to resurect past n.1s,BUT he decided to resurrect those specific warriors WITHOUT doing nothing to avoid their awakening when he ALREADY KNEW of Prissy's existence (or at least someone with absurd powers)....so no,his plan to lure Prissy makes perfect sense imo,especially since he would NEVER give up on something that interesting.

I'll comment on the other points another time since i can't now, bye . ^^

EDIT:

Still time so i'll go on.

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by it being similar to Luciela's form... I mean she was a cat and changed Isley in a melee
Oh,i simply meant that i see a similarity since both of them have tentacles (well, Luciela had tails like tentacle) that can "eat".
Also like i already said, the fact that "the central body stays back and attacks via tentacles" is something quite common for ABs,it's surely not just Riful....

Quote:
I agree, mostly, but feel more set up to show Roxanne getting emotional with Cassandra was a common theme in there relationship. There relationship up to now has been more hinted at Cassy would be the one to get emotional and Roxy had moved on from Cassy which is why she had her killed. However she seems to have some how now fallen back into her past relationship with her when she was obsessed with her and I found this to be a bit out of the blue but yet totally predictable too. In short, once again I just wish Yagi had set this up better but he's just rushing forward with the plot.
Bha,imo Roxy has always been obsessed with Cassy and it's quite belivable that she'll be very emotional now since she is really intrigued by Cassy's awakening,especially she went super crazy when she Cassy "tasted her" and said something....

Quote:
It's not a question of if she can lift it, it's a question of if she can get to it quick enough, then aim it, then thrust it with enough force for the sword to not slide out of her mouth as it hits Hysteria's neck out, and finally do it all out of the corner of her eye due to the odd angle of attack she need to travel to do that... and she must do all that before Hysteria simply needed to drop her already raised sword into Miria as she laid helpless on the floor. Gooral is very right the only way this could have worked is if Miria travel way faster than she ever did before.
Not true.
That happened only 'cause Histy lowered her concentration since she was already sure to have won.
Al it takes for Miria to do all that is just a moment,nothing more.
Since the very first battle when we saw Miria (against 6 arm AB),she was able to reach a comrade,take her and trasport her in a safe place, all of that in an istant.....
So no,if the sword was near Miria,all it takes for her to take the sword and impale Histy is just an istant where Histy completely dropped her focus.
If we also consider that they were quite close,what Miria did is absolutely possible with her speed.
Also the force needed is irrelevant since as long as Miria reach Histy at that speed,the weight of the sword itself is more than enough to cut her neck, it's not that Miria had to perforate Dauf's armor,Histy neck is like butter for a sword.

Quote:
As to the sword sliding out of her mouth, it's quite simple a simple parry by Hysteria could have easily sent the sword flying out of her mouth if she did since Miria's mouth is only griping the handle from two points and isn't really enclosed around it.
So what?
The parry that you are talking about is something that didn't happen since Histy was taken by surprise.This point is completely invalid.
It's like saying that Teresa wouldn't have died if she would have parried Prissy surprise attack.
True,but meaningless.
In other words the only thing that matter is what actuallyhappened:
-Histy was taken by surprise
-Histy didn't parry
-Histy gained a sword in her neck....

Quote:
Plus Hysteria could have Eleganted out of the way, or just stabbed Miria as she went for the sword.
Another thing that's irrelevant.Histy was probably convinced that the battle was already over,she was no more in "combat mode" and her attention evidently was completely dropped.
Against opponents like Miria,a moment is all it takes to lose.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-11-02 at 12:46.
Old 2011-11-02, 12:21   Link #149
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkensed View Post
It seems that Dae putted a timer for the 3 resurrected Number 1... After that time, they will awake. The meaning of this is that Dae wants to attract Priscilla with a VERY HUGE AMOUNT OF RELEASED YOKI....

If that works we'll see Priscilla and Clare or even Luciela and Raftela going out that blob...
The flaw in Dae's plan: the Ghosts. It's pretty clear by now that while Miria and Claire are the strongest among them, they're all by far the most powerful Claymore in the story at this point. And they have reinforcements with them, and two more powerful Claymore stationed in Rabona.

Still this whole event brings up an interesting possible and plausible plot point, akin to Ghost in the Shell. Our understanding of death is that once a being dies, that's it. You can bring back the body, but the "soul" is gone. Here we see the complete opposite of that; not only did Dae bring the bodies back but they also have their old personalities (minus some memories).

This suggests that the "souls" Claire holds (Teresa, Irene, Raphaela, Luciella, and now Priscilla) could conceivably be "restored" as unique individual beings. I'm starting to think that we're nearing the answer to what Raphaela meant when she told Claire she was making a big mistake.

Remember that Raphaela gave Claire everything that was "her" before the Destroyer (this could imply she also gave Claire Luciella's memories too). Why would she do that? With the emphasis on "soul linking" and now being able to resurrect long dead Claymore complete with their "souls" intact....what exactly was the Organization (Dae) really experimenting on? Immortal warriors?

It does seem silly but there is something at work here that Yagi is driving at, I think.

Also, Cassandra's Awakened form totally gave me Gantz vibes.
Old 2011-11-02, 12:23   Link #150
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I didn't say that i don't agree only 'cause there was a change,i also said that i liked it a lot.

And what in your opinion is rushed,in my opinion is Yagi impressing to the battlefield a good speed 'cause i felt that the last few chapters were interesting but the pace was way too slow (if we continued at that speed the whole battle would have been incredibly long).
Also for Dea making that plan to lure Prissy makes perfect sense, it's not that she decided at the last second to resurect past n.1s,BUT he decided to resurrect those specific warriors WITHOUT doing nothing to avoid their awakening when he ALREADY KNEW of Prissy's existence (or at least someone with absurd powers)....so no,his plan to lure Prissy makes perfect sense imo,especially since he would NEVER give up on something that interesting.

I'll comment on the other points another time since i can't now, bye . ^^
Yes, but you used "change" as your reasoning for it being good... hence the line I quote about change being neither good nor bad.

Anyways moving on... ... maybe you're forgetting what I've already posted on this thread but let me recap

It was rushed since:
  • Yagi just introduced all these warrior and has now just awakened them all within 30 pages of each other. That's an average of one every 15 pages since the first one fell at the maximum.
  • Still no back history for Roxanne's days as a number 1 and based off the plot direction it appears there will be no more flash backs, since Yagi just implied via Dae that there awakenings would bring Priscilla forth. Odd since she was the one who gave the org so much trouble.
  • The plot has already moved back to Clare in a way, yet the the ghosts haven't even arrived
  • The whole jarring experance I described in the Hysteria vs Miria fight
  • Cutting the Roxanne vs AB Cassy fight to only its beginning and end points
  • The lack of showing why Roxanne would get emotional with Cassandra and charge her head on, since it was previously implied Roxanne had moved on by killing her
  • The lack of showing prefect sword that Roxanne stole from number 5 Elizabeth, I feel cheated here he could have at least explained it *sigh
  • The lack of explaining why Hysteria choose not to submit herself upon reaching her limit, and no I'm not looking for some sobe story or another partially awakened excuse... if she just didn't care about others and only herself I would have like to have known that too. We barely got an implantation here... if you could even call it that, more like a legend that was clearly manipulated by the MiB to get warriors to submit when there time came.
  • The lack of explaining why Hysteria cares more about fighting Miria more than an AO that her only hope of defeating would be now, after all it's a threat to her
  • The lack of explaining why Roxanne is the only one to recall her past
  • Yagi wounding Hysteria in such an ass pull way makes it seem like he was forcing the timing and turn of events rather than just letting it happen "naturally" upon recalling her past or going over her limit, or due to the stress of so many injuries and using the Elegant technique too many times. Here it felt like she had to awaken now so Rubel and Dae could have there convo after the fact before chapters end.
  • No comments on there yoki feeling like that of an already awakened let alone different from Raftela. This is like having Galatea not sense the events out west, when she could sense Isley die in the south. It's a cut logical plot development that should have happened.

I could go on, but feel I've made my point and don't want this to sound like a crazy rant but more answering your question since that is what it is. Now let me ask other than your desire to see Clare again (which I very much have too) what made this good to you? That's been the only plot point you've seemed to have hit upon besides a cool comment here or there... Plus what made the plot slow besides lack of Clare? I mean we where having 3 new characters being introduced and none stop fighting in between the introductions... this couldn't have gone faster if Yagi tried IMHO. Most arcs are really 2 arcs of 7-8 chapters a piece in Claymore but these 3 have been here for only 5 chapters and all 3 have already awakened.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-11-02 at 12:55.
Old 2011-11-02, 12:54   Link #151
Tom Bombadil

@Ryus,

I think you are making judgements based on incomplete info. For example, on page 28, Dae explained that he thought those three were his best creations and want to keep them near forever until he saw the arm. He also mentioned that he knew from the very beginning that resurrection is impossible.

Edit: Chinese scan out.
Old 2011-11-02, 13:07   Link #152
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
@Ryus,

I think you are making judgements based on incomplete info. For example, on page 28, Dae explained that he thought those three were his best creations and want to keep them near forever until he saw the arm. He also mentioned that he knew from the very beginning that resurrection is impossible.
This was stated in the other sumup of the chapter I read on another forum. I knew that many hours ago... Here is what they said 7 hours ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegon View Post
raw is out:

summary of the dialogue at the end of the chapter:

The three of them were awakened being since the beginning. It was necessary in order to make them return to life.
Dae knew that and brought them back to life anyway because he wanted to see the "greatest masterpiece" that the orgainizzation created. That is the owner of the right arm that "alone cointained the power of an abissal being".
In oder words he wants to use the great quantity of youki the three of them would emit in order to attract priscilla(the owner of that arm).
Your right I don't know what is being said as well as you since you can read the raw/scan but I know what the two of you wrote. However look at what you wrote he wanted to keep them "until he saw the arm". Yet the plan he instigated was apparently unchanged from what he had reported to Rimato previously beyond using a better sample that both thought was only stronger and not unique in another way. Unless you failed to report something or there is some reveal next chapter I feel I have enough to start making conclusions.

Also if resurrection is impossible then just what are they? Minor chucks of Priscilla with someone else's personality? Oh, no wait they where already awakened beings since coming back... hence only modified resurrected warriors

Who wants to bet when this logic is applied to Teresa later that due to Clare already being partially awakened both become ABs that don't eat poeple, lose their humanity, and resemble the twin goddesses? (ok that was me making judgements based on incomplete info, but it was more a joke... that will likely happen close to what I said anyways I mean minus a Deus Ex Machina or Clare getting a massive power up or Raphela coming back it's the only hope for the protagonists)
Old 2011-11-02, 13:17   Link #153
White Silver King
The Isley

I have to say, I'm disappointed. Cassandra's Awakened form is a major let down (it'd be much better if the posture wasn't so messed up), but most disappointing in the lack of Roxanne development. We never got to see her fight (twice now Yagi has cut her fights off so we couldn't see her swordsmanship), no backstory after Cassandra's death, no death story for her. Now we have to wait a month to see if Roxanne and Hysteria's Awakened forms and Claire's new power-ups can redeem it even a little.
Old 2011-11-02, 13:21   Link #154
Tom Bombadil

@Ryus,

I see. Anyway, it was just a remark since you said that there was plan by Dae for ages (was there one? My Claymore lore is pretty lacking), but the remarks made by him in this chapter seems to suggest this was a whim than a plan.

As for what the zombies are, after remarking resurrection is impossible, Dae said "with awakening predetermined, they something else that borrow the forms of their previous life. " Although it is not clear what this "something else" exactly is. Yeah, I suck at translation.

Edit: let me just give a brief summary of the conversation between Rubel and Dae.

page 26: Rubel said that the others are in a state of panic since they can't find Dae. Then he wants to confirm if the awakening of zombies was in the plan.
page 27: Dae said he is not running away, instead he just want a place to see the development. He explains that resurrection is impossible, and they are bound to awaken. Then Rubel question if Dae wants to destroy the organization (by releasing 3 ABs there). For this Dae answered that the organization is done for. The outcome was determined when all the warriors rebel. Even if the Mibs survive, the organization won't be able to return to operation. Now he just want to see the best creation.
page 28: Dae explained that he thought those three were his best creations and want to keep them near forever until he saw the arm: only one arm but with the power of an Abyssal Ones sealed in (don't start power ranking until you get the official translation).
the rest of pages: Not much except the previous mentioned plan to use the three to lure Priscilla.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2011-11-02 at 13:50.
Old 2011-11-02, 13:25   Link #155
Weird D
Just existing...

OK, this chapter ranked high on my weird-o-meter... And I'm amazed that the early spoilers we got were true.

I honestly wonderwhat Yagi has been smoking lately. I mean, Cassandra's Awakened form... WTF

I've only seen the raw but it looks like Roxanne was so busy laughing her head off at how Cassandra looked like that she was caught completely off guard; still, it was a well-deserved 'in your face' moment when she realized she was missing an arm .

But Miria's fight... Where the hell did that extra claymore come from? Miria was already missing an arm when she charged so she couldn't carry both. The only explanation is that it belongs to another warrior and was laying right where Miria dove. Also, on page 20 we can see a little of a symbol on it so it's not one of the twins'. Also, I don't understand why Hysteria kept on fighting her with a freaking AB mere feet away.

Despite earlier misgivings, the end of the fight did look quite awesome... reminded me of Alita vs the Tuned in Battle Angel Alita : despite being crippled, Miria won through sheer guts (and an iron jaw). But damn, if Miria survives being around 3 Awakened #1s, she'll definitely beat Clare and Raki in the plot armor department.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the scanlation , hopefully it will explain some things.
Old 2011-11-02, 13:30   Link #156
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Spoiler for post:
Spoiler for post:

whoau ...I never thought in so many points.

I was expecting more of that conversation. It is also crap because in the end dae can not capture pris. He dies unless he has more weapons – but we know that he does not have
Old 2011-11-02, 13:43   Link #157
MalakTawus

@Ryus

First of all i edited my previous post......

Than,for the new things:

Quote:
Yagi just introduced all these warrior and has now just awakened them all within 30 pages of each other. That's an average of one every 15 pages since the first one fell at the maximum.
Invalid since it was said from the very beginning that this would have happened considering the very nature of those 3 monsters.It's your fault if you don't consider this fact.

Quote:
Still no back history for Roxanne's days as a number 1 and based off the plot direction it appears there will be no more flash backs, since Yagi just implied via Dae that there awakenings would bring Priscilla forth. Odd since she was the one who gave the org so much trouble.
That's something you can't know for sure so imo it's pure nonsense to complain about this now,we still don't know the "bigger picture",only Yagi knows.
This is not a complete manga,you know?...and btw Yagi has to balance the flash backs with the real evolution of the battle.....and tbh he did enogh flash backs in the last chapters....
Also i'd like to point out that this is Yagi's style in general, he doesn't give a lot of infos about his characters,you have to understand them looking at their actions.
The list of characters to prove this is so long that i'll spare you,but anyway complaining about this now it's another nonsense imo since Yagi used this style from the very beginning,so if you failed to notice it's your fault again imo,not the story rushed.....
....at best i can accept that you don't like his "style",but that's a completely different matter.

Quote:
The plot has already moved back to Clare in a way, yet the the ghosts haven't even arrived
it seems you really can see the future,i'm quite jelous.
No,jokes aside,even if that would be the case (and it's just a speculation for now,nothing confirmed),what's so wrong with it?
Maybe Yagi wanted Claire and Prissy to join everyone else in an huge battle from the very beginning,how can you know?
The truth is that you have no basis at all to conclude that this is proof that the work was rushed.

Quote:
The whole jarring experance I described in the Hysteria vs Miria fight
already commented on this

Quote:
The lack of showing why Roxanne would get emotional with Cassandra and charge her head on, since it was previously implied Roxanne had moved on by killing her
done this too...i really don't see all the connections that you do to conclude that Yagi is rushing things,lol.

Quote:
The lack of showing prefect sword that Roxanne stole from number 5 Elizabeth, I feel cheated here he could have at least explained it *sigh
The lack of explaining why Hysteria choose not to submit herself upon reaching her limit, and no I'm not looking for some sobe story or another partially awakened excuse... if she just didn't care about others and only herself I would have like to have known that too. We barely got an implantation here... if you could even call it that, more like a legend that was clearly manipulated by the MiB to get warriors to submit when there time came.
The lack of explaining why Hysteria cares more about fighting Miria more than an AO that her only hope of defeating would be now, after all it's a threat to her
The lack of explaining why Roxanne is the only one to recall her past
Like i already said, Claymore IS NOT A COMPLETED MANGA.
For all we know there is a concrete chance that almost all that you are complaining here now will be covered by the story in the next chapters.
It's not that the 3 monter sare around for 200 chapters,lol.Yagi has to balance informations and progress in the story,especially since it's a monthly release if he focus to give an answer to all that now,the battle will move on way too slow and in 2 years Deneve's group won't be arrived yet,lol.

Quote:
Yagi wounding Hysteria in such an ass pull way makes it seem like he was forcing the timing and turn of events rather than just letting it happen "naturally" upon recalling her past or going over her limit, or due to the stress of so many injuries and using the Elegant technique too many times. Here it felt like she had to awaken now so Rubel and Dae could have there convo after the fact before chapters end.
Like i already said imo there is nothing strange here. Cheap deaths (well,Histy is not dead yet....well she is dead,but....lol) are infact more common than glorious deaths,actually.
....and we are not sure yet what actually triggered Histy awakening,for all we know it's 100% possible (even probable i'd say) that Histy regained her memory when she suffered the fatal wound.
In the end you are complaining once again for something that the readers are not supposed to know yet.

Quote:
No comments on there yoki feeling like that of an already awakened let alone different from Raftela. This is like having Galatea not sense the events out west, when she could sense Isley die in the south. It's a cut logical plot development that should have happened.
No,it's not "a cut logical plot development that should have happened",it's nothing more than something that you imagined would have happened and complain because that remained in your imagination.Nothing less,nothing more.

Quote:
Now let me ask other than your desire to see Clare again (which I very much have too) what made this good to you?
What made me very happy is that the situation is going bad (REALLY bad) very fast as soon as Cassy awakened.
That's something i hoped would happened since imo it wouldn't be realistic at all if the pace of the battle would have stayed as slow as in the past chapters.
I hoped in an awakened form for Cassy that somehow would have some connection with her unique technique so even in this sense i think Yagi did a good job.

Quote:
Plus what made the plot slow besides lack of Clare? I mean we where having 3 new characters being introduced and none stop fighting in between the introductions... this couldn't have gone faster if Yagi tried IMHO.
Of course,infact i'mnot complaining too much that the lot was slow in previous chapters,i said that i would be a bit disappointed if the story's pace wouldn't have a change after Cassy's awakening.
Sometimes is good to go slow,but when you want the readers to REALLY feel the battle going on,you can't use a slow pace,you have to go all out imo.
A concrete example: if Yagi would have done another flash back now,even if we would have gained new infos on the characters the battle would have lost a lot of tension and that would have been quite bad,at least that's my opinion.

Quote:
Most arcs are really 2 arcs of 7-8 chapters a piece in Claymore but these 3 have been here for only 5 chapters and all 3 have already awakened.
What you see as a defect, i see it as something new and original,something that Yagi hasn't done before in the plot structure.

Like i said,different eyes,different opinions.

Edit: sorry for the many grammar mistakes in this post,i really don't have the strenght to correct them all,lol.I give up.
Old 2011-11-02, 14:29   Link #158
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
(...) for what he wanted in a single chapter he couldn't really cut anything else to squeeze in the needed pages that would have removed the jarring experience of Miria pulling a sword out of thin air. (...)
Yagi can still use Aizen card, i.e. that Miria had it all planned just like Clare when she fought Ophelia on a cliff but that would only lessen the "damage". However, Miria purposefully stopping at the exact spot where the sword was while Hysteria wasn't paying attention where she landed, in the just exact position so that sword wouldn't stick out and so she could reach the grip easily without changing her body position is close to zero (read: impossible). It would be nowhere near Clare's plan where she had time, means and opportunity.
And her attack with a mouth is even less possible, Ryus has explained it beautifully. Add to this she had get up from a "face on the ground + everything else on the ground" position (it's almost impossible for a human being to do that without using your hands and impossible without kneeling) - no matter how strong her legs were it was an impossible task unless she was way faster than Hysteria and/or had super powerful neck muscles so she could try getting up using her neck which would mean they were more powerful than her leg muscles which is absurd. Basically, Miria had to get on her knees first, get up, make a 180 degrees rotation and be far enough from Hysteria so she could do what she did (otherwise stabbing wasn't an option, only slicing) while Hysteria had perfect position all of her limbs and greater speed and technique according to Miria, lol. And add to this that she lost much more steam than Hysteria (at least she should have) since she was using her youki reserves while Hysteria didn't even go golden besides the moment of her elegant technique.

Now, Malak is explaining it that Hysteria lowered her guard. Well, it's hard to refute if we take into account Teresa's example. The difference however between these two cases is that Miria and Hysteria were of comparable class, in fact Hysteria had an advantage. But here, Hysteria did not slow down (contrary to Teresa who suppressed her youki while facing an opponent who was faster than her at 0%), on the contrary. It looked that Miria slowed down since we didn't see her distorted face. So WTF?
Also, Miria was so powerful that after all this constant youki release she could easily attach her right arm. She even knows telekinesis since I don't see how she could put it in the right position with her teeth...

Anyway, I disliked practically everything in this chapter and what I liked wasn't enough to change my opinion of it. For example I was glad to see Rubel again and some pictures (like Cassie drooling on Roxanne or the picture where she eats Roxanne's hand) and the fact that I'll probably see Clare next chapter (hence colored page) but all of it might make next chapter good, not this one.
Old 2011-11-02, 14:37   Link #159
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
@Malak,

The question must be asked though, just what did Miria do to be so good with her mouth?

Spoiler for Sooo:
Clare said claymores are trained for many cases, even to be prostitutes if needed
Old 2011-11-02, 14:48   Link #160
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
LMAO the laughing prostitute spoiler was true LOLOOLOL
This definitely helps redeem what otherwise seems a disappointing chapter.

Definitely an epic LMFAO moment.
Closed Thread