AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 177
091 - 100: Amazing... 1 3.85%
081 - 090: Great... 3 11.54%
071 - 080: Very Good... 6 23.08%
061 - 070: Good... 5 19.23%
051 - 060: Average... 5 19.23%
041 - 050: Below Average... 1 3.85%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 1 3.85%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Click here if this is an Iruka episode (j/k; only click if you hate this episode)... 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-09-09, 01:53   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 177 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

This Week's episode:
Iruka's Trials - イルカの試練 ~ Iruka no shiren.

Description:

Credits –
Animation Supervisor: Yoshinobu Aohachi (170, 160, 152)
Storyboard: Naoki Horiuchi (170, 160, 152)
Episode Director: Kiyomu Fukuda (176, 168, 158) and Hayato Date (176, 108, 101)
Screenplay: Shin Yoshida (176, 172, 169) and (A) Masahiro Hikokubo (173, 168, 163)

Title for Next Episode:
Iruka's Determination - イルカの決意 ~ Iruka no ketsui.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 06:57   Link #2
Yukmouth

the episode itself not that bad, but dammit i just wanna these fillers to finish
Yukmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 08:10   Link #3
neshru

The preview confirmed that the next episode will have a couple of canon scenes.
Also, Hiroyuki Yamashita as animation director
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 11:40   Link #4
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukmouth View Post
the episode itself not that bad, but dammit i just wanna these fillers to finish
Don't rush it. If we get to the manga storyline, we could get stuck in filler hell for months. I'd rather short filler arc that expand on canon than Naruto and Team 8 going to the Vegetable Country to save a princess who Naruto will change. At least this filler hasn't introduced any significant filler characters and sticks mostly with canon. And they are wisely adding current canon into the episodes.

I have a bad feeling Sasuke will end up saving Naruto. And god, does he stare at lakes all day? How emo.

We see Shikamaru working his way to be Naruto's best friend. The dude cares more about Naruto than Hinata.

While Iruka is starting to become Naruto's dad and mom.

They really made all the Konoha adults, with the exception of Shika's dad, Iruka, Kakashi, total jerks.

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2010-09-09 at 12:01.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 11:56   Link #5
Blaine

Thats because most of konoha's adults were jerks towards naruto whilst he was growing up.
Old 2010-09-09, 11:59   Link #6
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Thats because most of konoha's adults were jerks towards naruto whilst he was growing up.
I know. It's canon. But it's still startling to see it. No one can claim Sasuke had it easy, but he didn't live in a village where everyone hated him like Naruto. Naruto had it the worst.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 12:59   Link #7
FBZ

Send a message via ICQ to FBZ Send a message via AIM to FBZ
so...next week is a filler with a little bit of the main plotline? will the week after that be filler or new arc? this week's episode was extremely boring.
FBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 13:09   Link #8
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBZ View Post
so...next week is a filler with a little bit of the main plotline? will the week after that be filler or new arc? this week's episode was extremely boring.
Apparently the next three episodes will be a mix of canon and filler. 180 might be completely canon though.
Old 2010-09-09, 13:43   Link #9
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

I need my dose of emo Sasuke. Damn, I hope he appears in the canon episodes soon.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 17:50   Link #10
Kallen4life

wow .. IrukaKakashi fans can rejoice
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 18:20   Link #11
neshru

I have to say this was a pretty decent episode. It didn't bore me to death like the last one.
Old 2010-09-09, 19:10   Link #12
iBeast

*sigh*

Another week.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 20:49   Link #13
Rikoudo Pain

Next episode is the end of the filler, and plus we get to see 5 minutes of canon i guess. So, next week, i'm definitely watching the next episode.
Rikoudo Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 21:09   Link #14
lotus_lee

I must be one of the few who has enjoyed this and last week's episode. I think I've forgotten how bad Naruto had it when growing up, so it's nice to be reminded, especially the hero's welcome he received after saving Konoha. I thought Iruka's ordeal would be covered in this episode, but I didn't want it to finish and now I have to wait until next week before it continues!
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 21:34   Link #15
SeanQ

yeah you guys suck...this episode was awesomely sad and good lol
Old 2010-09-09, 22:29   Link #16
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

To watch, or not to watch---that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous filler,
Or to take arms against a sea of animation directors
And, by opposing, end them.

But seriously, I'll just wait until next week to watch. I already know how much Naruto suffered, and I'm only really interested in "canonical" content at the moment.
Old 2010-09-10, 01:04   Link #17
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Much better than last week. I enjoyed it. And yes, gratuitous Kakashi x Iruka for Japan.

For all the talk about canon vs filler, this Iruka/Naruto mini-arc fits in very well in with the current canon. It could have easily been in the manga with Iruka flashing back to when Naruto was a kid after seeing Konoha worship him. It actually reeks of Kishi. I could see him drawing each panel.

I never minded the rare good filler. It's only the bad filler that bothers me. Hell, a lot of the anime is filler when you think about. Not every thing in the anime is as you saw it in the manga. As we just saw in the Naruto vs. Pain fight. The anime is a slightly different fictional universe with its own canon that either rigidly or loosely follows what Kishimoto draws in his manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
We see Shikamaru working his way to be Naruto's best friend. The dude cares more about Naruto than Hinata.
Kudos to the anime for showing that he was drawn to Naruto at an early age, but didn't understand why. Picking up on Kishi's canon with their relationship. If the filler didn't care about the storyline, they would have used Kiba or Choji in this role. Or even worse, Sasuke who has a much different relationship with Naruto.
Old 2010-09-10, 01:21   Link #18
Fruits Basket Fan

^If it did not happen in canon, then it is FILLER, unless Kishi says so and was really involved with these episodes.

An anime omake even had Naruto said that certain animators add stuff and give great animation depending on bias for a character (Hinata was one of them as her fight was prolonged and even got a backstory that canon does not give her).

And I REALLY doubt Kishi is even involved in anime filler arc episodes.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 14:23   Link #19
kitten320

^Who cares? As long as it was shown, it must have some meaning. It is Kishi's manga and he must have some control over what is done in anime.

The only fillers I dislike is when things are dragged just for the sake of fanservice, the Hinata episode would be a good example. It was good to see her do more than originally but they had seriously over did it there.

Anyway this episode was not bad and I never understood all that hate towards Naruto. It's not like everyone had lost somebody back then and Naruto never did anything seriously bad during this whole time. Those bastards deserve a kick in the guts.
Old 2010-09-10, 15:18   Link #20
Fruits Basket Fan

It is all right to enjoy it but to say that Kishi is involved with fillers when he is just mangaka is just.......stupid. Since there is no proof.

Not to mention tiresome since most posts saying that Kishi had a say on fillers are posts that were disatisfied with the way things went in canon that they rather follow the anime since it added extra scenes and filler, even though it has done things because of bias or fan appeal (they had Naruto admitted on a omake that this happens because some of the animators do special service for their favorite character or to drag out the episodes so they will not get ahead of the manga).

But again, it is all right to enjoy it....I enjoyed the Shikamaru part but I acknowledge it as filler.

Last edited by Fruits Basket Fan; 2010-09-10 at 15:49.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion