AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

View Poll Results: Utawarerumono Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 7 12.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 29.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 44.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-11, 05:55   Link #61
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon
I felt this arc was a good arc. It revealed most of the mystery around Karura. However, there is one mystery of hers that was not revealed. The chain "necklace" she wears... Why is it unlockable? Is it locked by magic? Who has the keys to it? Why does she insist on wearing it, even after she has given herself to Hakuoro?

It seems the reason she "ran" away in the end is because she has moved on with her life and does not want to go back to it. She probably has a lot of bad history, so if she became queen again, that history could be pulled out in the open. Besides, she is now under Hakuoro forever, as she promised, so being a queen with a master would not work well either.
At first I thought that it was because she wanted to keep it as a reminder of her subjection/bad past; tho that scene where she talked about forgetting memories, now I'm not too sure. Heh, maybe that chain represents mastership that can be transferred She scratches off Suonkasu's name and carves in Hakuoros.

Yep, and I think she was afraid that her presence around Deri would distract him from his new role as emperor. Regardless, she still played a hand in getting Hakuoro to help the fledging nation. I wonder what she paid for that favor.

I might be missing something, but where in the Anime does it show Karura squishing Suonkasu's erm.. dingdongs?

Nice arc, revealed Karura; tho it follows the same old generic UtaMono formula.
Old 2006-08-11, 08:36   Link #62
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige
Her strength is inheritent to her race, the Giriyagina.
Giriyagina is genetically superior in strength to other races.
It also helps that she's a daughter of the most powerful Giriyagina.
Her brother didn't have proper traning as a Giriyagina, and has a lot to work on.

Likewise, the Evenkuruga (Touka's race) is genetically superior in combat.
Onkamiyaru (the feathered kind) are superior in magic.

The backgrounds on why these races are this way is a core part of the story, and would be a major spoiler bomb, so I'll avoid it.

I'd like to know if you don't mind please use the spoiler tags then
Old 2006-08-11, 08:50   Link #63
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm...i loved the fighting bit at the begining...it really showed how imba our heros are i mean Kamyu blew them away and karura punching someone's head off...literally...
i also loved the touching moments throughout this ep (in between the battles) it offers a great insight to wht they are thinking...and the part where Derihorai asked hakuoro to hand over karura after the war cracked me up
uh that emperor was a retard that thinks force can get karura...he got wht he deserved
and lol oboro sticking aroung yzua
and next week...giant robots and bunny ppl O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-11, 09:36   Link #64
ChainLegacy
廉頗

This episode was fairly good. I would have liked to see those scenes where Karura speaks romantically of Hakuoro to be animated, though. Oh well, this arc was entertaining, but I'm more interested in the main plot.
Old 2006-08-11, 10:49   Link #65
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
The tv ver is not edit. Just that the DVD ver will have stuff add in.
ic, ok at least I know it wasn't edited... -_-*********
Old 2006-08-11, 11:00   Link #66
Cardiac Glycoside

I was thinking Karura was either a very short teenager or went through puberty very early because she sounds exactly the same even as a kid.

And Oboro is no longer just a physical punching bag, he is also a comedic one.
Old 2006-08-11, 11:52   Link #67
Guido

For a note, Derihourai fits in with Oboro.

Both reckless, brash, easily provoked, hotheads, and wanting to keep on with the good fighting.

Except that Oboro knows when to pull out once understanding that his buddies and men are completely wounded or exhausted restless. Derihourai kept on pressing the troops regardless of the men's state, until Hakuoro and Karura spoke sense on him and everybody else followed with looks of plead.
Old 2006-08-11, 13:00   Link #68
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
... Except that Oboro knows when to pull out once understanding that his buddies and men are completely wounded or exhausted restless. ...
Not really. Even those twins required some ointment at some point before.
Old 2006-08-11, 13:02   Link #69
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I love Karura! ..... >.>

anyways... I wonder if he knows if there guys or not =\
Old 2006-08-11, 13:04   Link #70
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox
anyways... I wonder if he knows if there guys or not =\
He's probably too drunk to notice at every opportunity to find out. X_X

Quote:
I'd like to know if you don't mind please use the spoiler tags then
Alright, but don't complain if I spoil too much...
Spoiler for Mega Spoilers of Doom. BEWARE:

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-08-11 at 13:45.
Old 2006-08-11, 14:24   Link #71
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige
Her strength is inheritent to her race, the Giriyagina.
Giriyagina is genetically superior in strength to other races.
It also helps that she's a daughter of the most powerful Giriyagina.
Her brother didn't have proper traning as a Giriyagina, and has a lot to work on.

Likewise, the Evenkuruga (Touka's race) is genetically superior in combat.
Onkamiyaru (the feathered kind) are superior in magic.
Just a thought i had...

Everyone remember in eps.17 when Kuuya was asking Hakuoro how much concubines he has in his bedroom, because as an emperor he need heirs?

What if he decides to have kids with any of (or all) the girls of his powerful harem? What kind of kids they will be, considerating their powers and his brains - or even his latent demoniac powers?

Just imagine what would be his son/daughter with Karura, for example... how much powerful he/she could be.
Old 2006-08-11, 15:14   Link #72
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
What if he decides to have kids with any of (or all) the girls of his powerful harem?
In the game he does. With who, hmmm, not sure if it'll be in the anime. It was a nice surprise.
Old 2006-08-11, 16:18   Link #73
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Well, if Touka and Karura come from genetically superior races, what about the races of Benawi, Oboro, etc?
Old 2006-08-11, 17:07   Link #74
jtrog

[QUOTE=Cardiac Glycoside]I was thinking Karura was either a very short teenager or went through puberty very early because she sounds exactly the same even as a kid.

Hehe, probably if it was her memory we were watching, she just used her voice as it is since its what she hears now.

Speaking of her voice, It really fits her face I wonder how they did that?
Old 2006-08-11, 17:16   Link #75
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Is there anything about Foxs in it?

I've drew my own character for the Anime like all the others I do. and he is ususaly some kind of Fox Species or Demon.
Old 2006-08-11, 17:57   Link #76
sedukshun
kimee ~

this was a really good episode ~ her brother is similar to oboro *sexi sexi* ~ and that emporer...he was pretty easy to kill eh...them flowers were nice tho...apart from they use dead ppl as fertiliser xP ~ weird how karura wudnt admit she is his sister >=(
Old 2006-08-11, 18:27   Link #77
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

She likes to mess with people XD
Old 2006-08-11, 20:04   Link #78
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
Just a thought i had...

Everyone remember in eps.17 when Kuuya was asking Hakuoro how much concubines he has in his bedroom, because as an emperor he need heirs?

What if he decides to have kids with any of (or all) the girls of his powerful harem? What kind of kids they will be, considerating their powers and his brains - or even his latent demoniac powers?

Just imagine what would be his son/daughter with Karura, for example... how much powerful he/she could be.
Spoiler for minor spoiler:
Old 2006-08-11, 20:29   Link #79
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Interesting ep, but falls into the same pitfalls as the rest of the series. While the plot is pretty good, the problem with this show is that far too many of the characters are completely flat. And some of the dialogue in this ep was rather tacky as well.

This ep probably ranks somewhere in the middle, but I still can't figure out for the life of me if I'm watching a winner or not.
Old 2006-08-11, 20:34   Link #80
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
DVD,

no more steam and more blood.
They haven't been that squeamish about adding blood and gore in some other scenes, so why leave it out here? Just made it look a bit odd.

Another thing (unrelated to the previous, and more of a general complaint of mine) that has been bugging me for some time, is Hakuoro's voice. Monotone and usually devoid of emotion. It might be that way on purpose (for some reason beyond my understanding) but to me it feels like he doesn't have the charisma that is supposedly attributed to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
But I still can't figure out for the life of me if I'm watching a winner or not.
Pretty much the feeling I've been having for quite some time now when it comes to this series. All of the characters seem quite interesting at first, and have potential just like the plot, but the character development has been lacking and the plot is just unconvincing. I really hoped this series would turn out well, but so far hasn't been able to convince me. At this point I don't feel it has any rewatch value, except for some notable scenes like the ep1 tailgrab. :P

Last edited by Trax; 2006-08-11 at 20:45.
Closed Thread