Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-13, 11:09   Link #2981
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberstein View Post
  • Well, i wonder if we will see some POV of Futoshi feeling toward current predicament he must scarred deeply within that chuuby face. I am still on my theory he will get happy end to raise Kokoro and Mitsuru orphaned child.
And what makes you think he would do such a thing?

It would be best if the couple survives as the planet would need more children and those 2 would be setting the example for the others.
Old 2018-05-13, 11:17   Link #2982
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

It would be best if the couple survives as the planet would need more children and those 2 would be setting the example for the others.
Agreed. The first natural-born child after a very long time needs both their mom and dad.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 12:36   Link #2983
firemagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
I'm not entirely convinced that she's barren or sterile. Her body being tampered with is likely though. I do think that the reason she can't give birth is because there's not a male equivalent of the Klaxosaur she is.
Kind of like a Zorse, then. Animals or people who are sterile unless they breed with another of their own kind. This actually makes sense, especially given the misinformation she's been fed, and it may well be that she is compatible and has been told otherwise.

Quote:
...I think that at one point, the APEkind was created to address some specific need or situation. However, the APEkind and humankind got into a conflict over something. Teacher's pet has an attitude that really reinforces this sense of deep loathing for humans, and that tin can talking to the klaxosaur princess shows that the APEs have some deep grudge over something.
You raise an interesting prospect here. At the end of the episode specifically we have the klaxosaur princess commenting that her interlopers are "damn human wannabes."
What if she was referring to the APE messengers specifically? The more I think about it, the more that it seems plausible that the high-council of APE are also Klaxosaurs like Zero-Two who are trying to become human for some reason. Keep in mind that haven't yet been shown their faces. That one's mask is removed and the fact that we can't see their face suggests that a good part of the plot has to do with what they look like, and who they really are.

Then we have the plantations as a whole...what if those plantations are a method of "harvesting humanity" just like how Zero-Two slowly became human in appearance by consuming the stamens who rode with her? I think that it's plausible that the klaxosaurs themselves were created by humanity as a cyborg defense system of sorts, a method of evolution to adapt to a dying environment or another threat. Much of humanity was put into stasis (the klaxosaur cores), but in time those who manner the defense system split off, and what became APE decided to remake humanity for its own purposes.
firemagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 13:07   Link #2984
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Agreed. The first natural-born child after a very long time needs both their mom and dad.
Assuming if the world lets Mitsuru and Kokoro be long enough for that to happen, which I doubt for very long after that scene. At least there will be challenges before they make it to end. There's a reason people can't let go of certain claims because they've seen this before as a cliché. Don't get me wrong, they'd love for the animators to throw a wrench in and spare them, but there's no telling what's going to happen seven episodes later.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 13:08   Link #2985
_Ninja_

Zero Two's infertility problem can't be solved as simply as "Well, they just lied to her. She's fine actually". There's got to be more to it.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 13:15   Link #2986
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
Zero Two's infertility problem can't be solved as simply as "Well, they just lied to her. She's fine actually". There's got to be more to it.
Plot-wise it would be the easiest solution. 02 needs a male similar to her to breed. Hiro is turning into one such individual. Nature provides a solution in this case.

Either that or he is turning into someone (a Blue Oni) who is suitable for the Klax Princess. Wouldn't that be a twist no one would expect?
Old 2018-05-13, 13:17   Link #2987
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Plot-wise it would be the easiest solution. 02 needs a male similar to her to breed. Hiro is turning into one such individual. Nature provides a solution in this case.
Goes back to that quote in Jurassic Park "Life finds a way." Dr. Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum)
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 13:45   Link #2988
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 16:40.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 14:10   Link #2989
firemagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
There likely is more to it, but given what she's been told previously and how it's been proven to be false, I sincerely doubt that she's actually barren/sterile.
firemagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 14:26   Link #2990
Blueknight78

Quote:

a single coupe is not enough to "repopulate the world for sure, we need much more couples otherwise mankind will be doomed anyway and goes to extintion it gonna be a more "painfuil slow extinction.

We need at last in the worst case scene have 10 couples or something like that to survive if it's about repopulation.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-05-13 at 19:08.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 18:03   Link #2991
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
You raise an interesting prospect here. At the end of the episode specifically we have the klaxosaur princess commenting that her interlopers are "damn human wannabes."
What if she was referring to the APE messengers specifically? The more I think about it, the more that it seems plausible that the high-council of APE are also Klaxosaurs like Zero-Two who are trying to become human for some reason. Keep in mind that haven't yet been shown their faces. That one's mask is removed and the fact that we can't see their face suggests that a good part of the plot has to do with what they look like, and who they really are.
If they're Klaxosaurs too, they'd have to be either red like Z2 or an entirely different type of Klaxosaur from Z2 and Blue Klaxosaurs. I'm not entirely sure about that, if I do agree that the face reveal will teach us a lot.

Quote:
Then we have the plantations as a whole...what if those plantations are a method of "harvesting humanity" just like how Zero-Two slowly became human in appearance by consuming the stamens who rode with her? I think that it's plausible that the klaxosaurs themselves were created by humanity as a cyborg defense system of sorts, a method of evolution to adapt to a dying environment or another threat. Much of humanity was put into stasis (the klaxosaur cores), but in time those who manner the defense system split off, and what became APE decided to remake humanity for its own purposes.
The question is, what threat would seek humanity to create Klaxosaurs?

Quote:
Either that or he is turning into someone (a Blue Oni) who is suitable for the Klax Princess. Wouldn't that be a twist no one would expect?
While it does sound like "You are the Chosen One", this could be interesting. Hiro could be the reason for conflict between 001 and Z2. From what we've seen, Z2 sort of reacted to her (I don't think she can consciously sense her unless she's close enough just like during the aftermath of the battle in episode 15. Considering that 001 is likely fully developed in terms of klaxosaur growth, she might sense Z2. She could even be trying to call out to her. Something tells me that she won't like Z2's skin though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
a single coupe is notbe enough to "repopulate the world for sure, we need much more couples otherwise mankind will be doomed anyway and goes to extintion it gonna be a more "painfuil slkow extinction.

We need at laast in worst case scenare have 10 couples or something like that to survive if it's about repopulation.
Well, here comes Dr Franxx. If he's well intentioned, his tests might have been to see if human instinct would take over. If so, then the survivors of this whole conflict will repopulate humanity.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 19:11   Link #2992
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
Well, here comes Dr Franxx. If he's well intentioned, his tests might have been to see if human instinct would take over. If so, then the survivors of this whole conflict will repopulate humanity.
yeah but that is the point "we need enought" survives and if just 2 or 3 or 5 couples survives or enough peoples to have 5 couples or less it gonna still be "too few", even if they "work hard" and open a "baby factory" still gonna be a too low number and after few generations the "inbreed issue will pop up leading to mankind ending, they need to "free a lot of parasites" with them in order to "save mankind" not just kokoro and mitsuru or even the 5 main couples, it's just not enough to do that.
Old 2018-05-13, 19:19   Link #2993
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
We don't know their age, but they look around 14-16. Not that this changes anything.
I remember in earlier episode showing Mitsuru age to be 9.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 19:38   Link #2994
orion

Quote:
We need at last in the worst case scene have 10 couples or something like that to survive if it's about repopulation.
They prob have artificial uteri at the Garden. They can churn out as many humans as they want. The other side has human-like cores which might be able to become full humans if that's in the plot.
Old 2018-05-13, 19:45   Link #2995
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Spoiler for saving space:
I don't really care for the Klax-Hime. You can say what you want about her. My point is: The APEs are idiots in that scene both for attacking Klax-Hime first and not having proper precaution for possible aggressive encounters which any people with half a brain should have, let alone heads of big organization.
Old 2018-05-13, 19:55   Link #2996
Blueknight78

Quote:
They prob have artificial uteri at the Garden. They can churn out as many humans as they want. The other side has human-like cores which might be able to become full humans if that's in the plot.
Well the idea here is "stop using "artificial" things and do it in the "old way" otherwise they will be just doing the "same thing as the adults then that is not a option for them if they really want to "change" the world to go back to where it was in the beginner.

Also the number of artificial uteri don't matter much if you still don't have enough different DNAs in this case "couples" if you don't want to avoid the inbreed issues, you gonna still need a good amount of couples to produce enough different "fetus".

also about the other side that is the point, for sure kokro and mitsure can't be the "only survivors" if we want to repopulate the world, they need to save with them a lot of "parasites" or klaxxs-human hybrids to do that. just the 2 of them or 2 or 3 more couples could still not enough to do that, no matter how much "artificial wombs they can have to work, because genetic will come to bite them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don't really care for the Klax-Hime. You can say what you want about her. My point is: The APEs are idiots in that scene both for attacking Klax-Hime first and not having proper precaution for possible aggressive encounters which any people with half a brain should have, let alone heads of big organization.
But if they had go full armed and ready to battle they could not even did a step inside the house before start a new "war", if every time a leader of a group have to go "full armed" to another group place" to try to "talk" it can make hard for that "other group accept.

Sumary in reallity don't make sense they going to her "home full armed and ready for battle" because she could had ordered they death as soon she saw them "ready for battle".

following your logic when trump goes to asian to talk with kym jon he was supposed to be "ready to attack them" since korean was clear wanting to attack USA and see on trump a enemy and a big chance to kill the "leader", it's not that simple "go ready to kill", sometimes you must really take the risk if you don't want to trigger the other side before you have a chance to talk.
Old 2018-05-13, 21:19   Link #2997
SeaDoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I want to comment that I removed some gender-related discussion from this thread. This is not because I think it is off-topic or a non-issue in this show (which clearly makes it an issue), but because people in this thread seem to lack the maturity to deal with differing viewpoints about gender and sexuality without losing their minds.

It's inevitable that this discussion is going to come up given this story, and if you're going to engage in the conversation, you need to handle it in a mature way that respects differing viewpoints, even if you disagree with them. If you can't do that and get really offended by this topic, I recommend you use the ignore feature or just don't engage with these topics. Flaming opinions in the threads or calling people out using pejoratives is not acceptable. If you have a problem with a post, report it and the mods will review. After you've sent in your report, move on.
If you ever consider expanding your moderation to a full service, I could use some help with my Twitter/IG/FB/YT feeds.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 21:49   Link #2998
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
But if they had go full armed and ready to battle they could not even did a step inside the house before start a new "war", if every time a leader of a group have to go "full armed" to another group place" to try to "talk" it can make hard for that "other group accept.

Sumary in reallity don't make sense they going to her "home full armed and ready for battle" because she could had ordered they death as soon she saw them "ready for battle".

following your logic when trump goes to asian to talk with kym jon he was supposed to be "ready to attack them" since korean was clear wanting to attack USA and see on trump a enemy and a big chance to kill the "leader", it's not that simple "go ready to kill", sometimes you must really take the risk if you don't want to trigger the other side before you have a chance to talk.
Your “Trump-Jong-Un” comparison is so simplistic and lack depth that it crumbles the moment we get into simple details and context. Kim killing the President of the US in cold blood will bring more immediate harm than good no NK on so many levels because US and NK are not the only big factions on Earth (and the US has more allies). Even Kim is smart enough not to do that and Trump knows it. So, the possibility of attempted brutal killing/assassination from NK-side when the world is watching is already out of the question. After that, all the POTUS need is to bring sufficient Secret Service security to protect himself from third-party threats.

Now, compare that to Franxx: the APEs have no such luxury of guaranteed "goodwill" from Klax-Hime. Not in this post-apocalyptic setting where the Klaxo-side still have a large advantage of power to retaliate (do you remember those titanic hand that easily crushed the plants?). That fact alone should make the APEs be a lot more careful than Trump in your comparison. So yeah, APEs going in fully armed sounds like the better option unless they don’t care about their own lives (which is unlikely given how the tall APE-dude was scared and begging for his life before getting decapitated).
Old 2018-05-13, 21:51   Link #2999
orion

Quote:
Well the idea here is "stop using "artificial" things and do it in the "old way" otherwise they will be just doing the "same thing as the adults then that is not a option for them if they really want to "change" the world to go back to where it was in the beginner.
Spoiler for Another title:
So...it could be a possibility in this title. They can jump-start the old way and continue the natural way. Garden prob has enough genetic material in a bank that they were using to create those pilots.

Garden just teaches them other stuff as they grow up. Back up the new population when they get into trouble. They don't need to not use their technology, just repurpose it.
Old 2018-05-13, 22:22   Link #3000
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Your “Trump-Jong-Un” comparison is so simplistic and lack depth that it crumbles the moment we get into simple details and context. Kim killing the President of the US in cold blood will bring more immediate harm than good no NK on so many levels because US and NK are not the only big factions on Earth (and the US has more allies). Even Kim is smart enough not to do that and Trump knows it. So, the possibility of attempted brutal killing/assassination from NK-side when the world is watching is already out of the question. After that, all the POTUS need is to bring sufficient Secret Service security to protect himself from third-party threats.

Now, compare that to Franxx: the APEs have no such luxury of guaranteed "goodwill" from Klax-Hime. Not in this post-apocalyptic setting where the Klaxo-side still have a large advantage of power to retaliate (do you remember those titanic hand that easily crushed the plants?). That fact alone should make the APEs be a lot more careful than Trump in your comparison. So yeah, APEs going in fully armed sounds like the better option unless they don’t care about their own lives (which is unlikely given how the tall APE-dude was scared and begging for his life before getting decapitated).
i used it as a exemple of many in history of leaders going to enemie places without a ultra safe guard" because "politics" still exist even from ancient times, not every ruler was a ruttler murderer to take a chance to kill the enemie leader in any "meet" and as i told before the anime showed some clues which that not was "the first time" they talked with her who lead to believe which it not was really needed to come fully armed.

My point is which this is not "something utler idiot cliche which only you see in animes" or whatever you want to say, it something which "happen in real life". this is how diplomacy and politics are made, ofcourse the problem here was they being idiots in going to her place to threat her, they get what they asked, but what they did is not something you not see others series even the series which you love to claim master piece must had did too at one point even if ofscreen, because again it's politics in the end,it's not something abnormal and they are the "only idiots cliche peoples to do that, if peoples in real life did that(the part to go unarmed to face enemy) and they "survived and it worked or not but they lived to tell the tail them it means which is something you can "expectate them to do.

following your logic every time a king, president, leader, monarch, dictator, goes to a "enemy" place try to negotiate surrender" he was a total idiot and probably died for this which not was true.
Quote:
Spoiler for Another title:
So...it could be a possibility in this title. They can jump-start the old way and continue the natural way. Garden prob has enough genetic material in a bank that they were using to create those pilots.

Garden just teaches them other stuff as they grow up. Back up the new population when they get into trouble. They don't need to not use their technology, just repurpose it.
hmmm srry but i'm thinking which maybe i'm start to loosing the focus of what i was saying.

To be clear i was saying which in order to repopulate the world, they can't do it with "less than" 10 couples(not just because the ammount of babies they can make), even if they use machines as artificial uteri and can have like 100 babies will gona still be 10 peoples to take care of 100 babies what can be worst(provide food to that many of peoples) and even with that it can't prevent inbreed issues to happen and. the problem is not just "bearing a kid the issue, but genetic problems and how to "deal with them after they are born, that is why is much more easy to have like 100 couples(200 peoples alive) taking care of like let's say 200 babies/kids tham let's say 1 or 5 couples having to take care of that same 200 kids made in tubes and the genetic issue really become a great issue.

i'm talking abour the "proportion" of peoples able to bear and "take care of the childrens" for the amount of childrens.