AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-06-12, 09:59   Link #1001
Psyco Diver

I refuse to do anymore gift ship missions anymore, WG has made them infuriatingly annoying. On paper they seem reasonable enough but in practice they are a pain to complete. The Duke of York mission killed it for me
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 10:12   Link #1002
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

The Indianapolis isn't, from what I read, anything to write home about (it's basically a better T7 Pensacola with radar...and it's squishy AF), but truth be told I haven't got anything better to do nowadays. The T6 Cleveland proved to me that I need a captain with IFHE (on top of CE) in order for it to be enjoyable and I haven't got a CL-dedicated one to spare ATM (I still play the DM, so I can't transfer that one). All other ships (Neptune, Algérie, Hipper) feel like rehashes of their predecessors and don't motivate me much, so...yeah, those missions help me stave off boredom.

That...and grinding for FXP (which I'm tentatively saving for the Nelson) tends to wear me out in the long term.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2018-06-12 at 10:28.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 22:17   Link #1003
Psyco Diver

The Nelson is a good pick, but she feels meh to me even though I do pretty decent in here. I kinda thought she would be a Colorado/Nagato hybrid but she is the opposite. The Nelson feels sluggish and she is soft and easily citadeled. That super heal is hilarious though and her AP is by far the best BB AP I've found for deleting cruisers and destroyers, they don't over pen nearly as much as the other Big 7. I like her, I don't think she is all that OP in my opinion but she is fun

I'm taking a break from grinding lines and I'm focusing on trying to get my South Carolina and Wyoming over 200 games, I'm enjoying it allot too, lots of seal clubbers that I'm getting to wreck
Old 2018-06-15, 14:14   Link #1004
Psyco Diver

Well the Konig Albert is back up for sale, so much for my grind to 200 for my low tier ships but it is a good time to start running my Vampire and Clemson again
Old Yesterday, 02:21   Link #1005
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Well, I don't know what happened but it feels like my gameplay has seen a significant decrease in quality lately, judging by the amount of losses I'm suffering...which is rather surprising (and frustratingly so) given that I've had more krakens in the past few months than ever before (I almost had one in my Zao yesterday, but I was killstolen at the last second). I guess this calls for another hiatus, but I'll wait until my premium time (33 days) dwindles to explore other sources of entertainment, such as the upcoming Hitman 2 and/or Assassin's Creed: Odyssey.

Anyway...

- Alternate camo for US ships is meh. It just turns everything to shades of gray, and there are only a couple of maps where the color remap plays to your advantage (the arctic environments, where the ocean is really dark and the overall color palette is less saturated and more gray-oriented) as the darker superstructures would blend in better with the water. Aside from a few ships (Missouri and Iowa [with their Measure 32 Design 22D camo] and maybe Alabama), the transformation doesn't look that good (my Arizona was turned into a shiny, silvery ship that screams "either notice me or get so blinded by my sheen you can't see me"). At least Yamamoto Isoroku's alternate paint setting managed to make some IJN ships look really good (Yamato and Zao, to cite just two).

- Radar will be nerfed, according to some streamers...or at least the new Tier X legendary upgrades will be. Supertesting!Grozovoi apparently had its radar exchanged for heal, but I haven't followed that topic for a while.

- Monarch just frustrates me. At least KGV rewarded me every once in a while, but this ship, in stock state, is a pain to play. With only 16.5km gun range (no FCS upgrade yet), I have to get uncomfortably close to the enemy to actually start scoring points and that makes me a piñata for cruisers that can match or exceed my stats (not to mention BBs - even German BBs have longer reach than I do!). And that forecastle is just a massive XP farm for my opponents.

- WG's new missions are becoming annoying. They were originally straightforward and reasonably easy to complete (unless, for example, you had to use a CV, which I never play), but now they have started to stack prerequisites to create teeth-gnashing objectives such as "Kill two enemies in a match where you win and survive". It should be easy peasy for good players, but when you realize everyone on your team is killstealing each other for the sake of completing that same mission, you start to feel the beginnings of a headache, because you know a pattern is emerging and it will stick for some time.

- Screw this new Arsenal system. Those who really benefit from it are Clan members. Solos like me (who have no interest in joining a Clan in the first place) are kinda locked out/disadvantaged. Salem (a Des Moines with a nerfed Tier X perma-camo and an Atlanta-type radar), Flint, Black and Stalingrad will be unlockable through the said Arsenal.

- I don't know why but I just couldn't make my Alabama work last night...it was just defeat after defeat. Got a couple of first places, but that is NO consolation in the end. OTOH, Zao and Yamato seemed to reward me more generously.

- Apparently the devs confirmed in a post-KotS Q&A session that the Missouri is permanently gone because it was OP and overperformed as a whole. The only way for it to come back was to be rebalanced, but that, in turn, would cause some tricky player compensation issues (refunds, etc). Maybe they'll replace it with a New Jersey?

- Also, the devs finally admitted they're STILL NOT happy with the Graf Zeppelin and will rebalance it again during the CV rework. About bloody time, I now frequently see T10 Des Moines getting insta-killed by AP bombers from the GZ. Not cool.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; Yesterday at 05:15.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
naval warfare, warships