AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-05-29, 13:38   Link #1381
AkitoW013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Ok... The guy from the Vegetable Sky, the one who killed Ichiryuu and the one beside the buffed Nitro was the same.

What IF Chichi was the owner of the ''8th'' seat that is empty? I mean, only blue Nitro's can talk human language right?
hmm...
The one who apparead in the vegetable sky is different from the one who killed Ichiryu, one has a white beak but the other has a darker beak, you can clearly see in the pics, and their outfits are differents.

Red nitros beaks open vertically but the blue/nobles open horizontally.
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 14:12   Link #1382
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Buffed Nitro sure going to be Zebra's rival in fight in the future chapters. It's going to be one hell of kick-ass battle D: Can't wait. Also wtf Joa turned out to be Frohze's child? That means Acacidia is her father since Frohze was in cambo with him. I though Joa came to life from her graveyeard but I guess, hmm kinda strange turn of events. Maybe Frohze dead while she was harboring Joa in her belly and Midora fed her with cure water so she somehow survived but... I don't know really lol.
Old 2014-06-04, 03:34   Link #1383
Avaricia
My Lord

Buranchi!!!!!!!!!!!!
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 03:38   Link #1384
Esclair

Oh wow, the Terraformars reference
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 03:38   Link #1385
marvelB

Wow, Bewitching Food World is..... quite an interesting place. Too bad Sani doesn't enjoy it, though, heh.

Also, that was a rather amusing reunion with Brunch at the end. I also LOVED the reference to Terra Formars (as well as a reference to an earlier series of Shima's)! But once again, it sorta creeps me out to see Toriko and co. eating stuff like eyeballs (well, they probably aren't from sentient creatures this time around.....).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 03:48   Link #1386
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Usually, reading a Toriko chapter gets me hungry. So I read it before lunch, something like this.

This time. I'm not hungry. Cause eyeballs and all don't hit me as something enjoyable to eat. No matter what face the character is making.
Old 2014-06-04, 05:51   Link #1387
hamazura
whatever

JOH!
Old 2014-06-11, 04:25   Link #1388
marvelB

281 is here!

And we're finally introduced to old man Daruma..... I actually like his design, personally. And hey, a dude who can make a Kinnikuman reference out of the blue is A-OK in my book!

Also, we've got the return of a couple more familiar characters, as well. Looks like Toriko and co. will soon be another step closer to finding AIR.....

....Though sadly we've gotta wait a couple weeks before we get any info, due to the break and all.
Old 2014-06-11, 04:30   Link #1389
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Toriko on a Break, Oda hospitalized... My reasons to read the jump keep declining...
Old 2014-06-25, 07:09   Link #1390
marvelB

Well, the break is over, and the next chapter's already been out for a few hours, now....

And what a chapter, too! We get introduced to a couple more new characters (I'm actually kinda interested in seeing that kappa guy in action), we see even MORE crazy GW weather (meteor rain, poison rain, LASER rain), and straight away Toriko's group gets taken to the nest of one of the 8 kings. And apparently, Mappy is going to sacrifice himself.....!?

BTW, looking at all those horse monsters in that spread, I assume that the one that was on loan to Zebra is among them, as well.....
Old 2014-06-25, 11:50   Link #1391
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ The most epic part wasn't the rain fields, but Mappy's stories of a room where you age 200,000 times the normal rate and a path where your thoughts slip away, WTF!?

P.S: Mappy, nooooo don't get eaten!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 15:16   Link #1392
marvelB

^I'm actually pretty interested in that age-accelerating room that Mappy was talking about. Makes me think of certain age/time-related stands from Jojo like Grateful Dead and Stairway to/Made in Heaven. Maybe one of Acacia's ingredients is held in such a place....?

And I'm really hoping that Mappy doesn't bite it. I've taken a great liking to the guy, after all. Hopefully, Toriko and co. will ensure that he WON'T become monster chow anytime soon....
Old 2014-06-25, 15:54   Link #1393
ellifeedn
Thinker

Eat certain foods in order to access new areas. Did this series turn into a JRPG?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 16:05   Link #1394
Breimoon

In b4 komatsu starts cooking for the horses so that froggy chan does not die.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 06:10   Link #1395
Breimoon

As expected he is about to add the horses to his harem, wonder if he will ever get a bodyguard pet.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 06:23   Link #1396
marvelB

That horse king looks more like a dragon with hooves than a horse to me....

Also, we finally know what kind of food Air is: A fruit that's made out of..... well, air, heh. And it looks like Komatsu is pretty much all set to harvest it....
Old 2014-07-09, 08:58   Link #1397
marvelB

Huh, kinda surprised that nobody else commented on the new chapter yet....

So, it turns out that Toriko is seriously prepared to take on the horse king. He even entered his demon mode! Meanwhile, Komatsu goes ahead with Mappy to fetch Air (and thankfully, our amphibian friend did NOT have to sacrifice himself after all ). But I, like Toriko, also wonder how long he'll be able to last against a beast king at his current level....?
Old 2014-07-09, 09:20   Link #1398
ellifeedn
Thinker

I was just about to comment on the chapter. It almost looks like a stand battle where Toriko's inner demon is standing to fight the horse king. Also, we get a map of the Gourmet World and I'm curious as to that continent in the upper right corner, the one adjacent to the continent our heroes are on right now.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 11:41   Link #1399
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Oh god a fight right off the start. That's why I love Toriko so much. So honest with itself and doesn't dragging anything too much but one thing I am sure is that and as Toriko, himself mentioned this battle between him and King Horse doesn't last much longer than 5 minutes but it will be worth for reading of course. Now I can't wait to see what awesome action scenes we will get in the next week's chapter :3
Old 2014-07-15, 04:50   Link #1400
hamazura
whatever

10 minutes? 5 minutes? 3 minutes? 1 minute? NOPE, less than 1 second
10 horse kick? 5 horse kick? 3 horse kick? a horse kick? NOPE, just a single slow breath
absolutely crazy....

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen