Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-06, 23:28   Link #281
EmperorIceBerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Rogers
Tenjho Tenge?

*Gives Emperor that look*

From what I understand, there's really no right way to spell the Romanized translation. I've seen four versions.

Tenjo Tenge (mainly used for the manga)
Tenjou Tenge (mainly used for the anime)
Tenjyo Tenge (also referred to for manga purposes)
and
Tenjho Tenge (also referred to for anime purposes)
EmperorIceBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 12:46   Link #282
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Just saw episode 6... humm, animation definitely improved overall but there were still some still-shots here and there but there were decent variations of animation and still-shots so I can't really complain.(they're working on a budget ya know)

One of the better episodes of thisseries so far.

Saga Mask vs Nagi in fight 7! Look forward to it.

It's good that the guy that did Kazuma's voice in Scryed does Nagi's voice. It fits him perfectly.

Those that were disappointed with episode 5(everyone) should be happy 6 is much more watchable.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 13:57   Link #283
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Hmm well seeing how i wasnt disapointed with episode 5 im really looking forward to 6. Now if they can only sub it fast.
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 15:00   Link #284
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpixel
Hmm well seeing how i wasnt disapointed with episode 5 im really looking forward to 6. Now if they can only sub it fast.
and i thought the joint of aoi and a-s would SPEED the subbing

aoi(^_^) = the speed
a-s = the good translator

both = fast and a great translation....well that didnt happen now did it?

oh well...at least they are continuing..and im lookin forward to ep 6
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 16:12   Link #285
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

i was pretty impressed with episode 5, it had some great stills and music combinations. Anyone wanna comment on how the heck maya and isuzu were able to fight in those dresses and platforms?! O_O daaaammmn...!

Watchin ep 6 raw as i speak! The dragon eye is too awesome, it preceives the past and future!... totally pwns the sharingan and byakugan!
Old 2004-05-08, 13:40   Link #286
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

I just watched it. Episode 6 saves the day, well sort of.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 23:13   Link #287
Shihbang
Elite Fireball

Send a message via AIM to Shihbang
Episode 6 Sadness

If you guys like stills...ep6 probably won't disappoint. However, what I wanted was good animation, and what I got was more freeze frame lameness instead of real animated fights. Bummers.
Shihbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 14:10   Link #288
ACE2003

Spoiler:
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 15:17   Link #289
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

i still need to watch ep 6 wtf happened to censored subbing? theyve been gone for a week....now a week late

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-05-13 at 16:15.
Old 2004-05-13, 16:16   Link #290
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
i still need to watch ep 6 wtf happened to censored subbing? theyve been gone for a week....now a week late
Please don't ever mention groups that sub licensed anime.

Also, please don't whinge about anime not being subbed on your schedule instead of theirs.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 16:33   Link #291
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Please don't ever mention groups that sub licensed anime.

Also, please don't whinge about anime not being subbed on your schedule instead of theirs.
oh whoops my bad

well right now those 2 subbers arn't appearin lately...so i was curious why werent they...i was thinkin they were like AJ and stopped subbing completely.....so i was just askin here why they were takin long for N E anime..mainly tenjou tenge(not saying they shouldnt take thier time...its just all of the animes they sub arent even comin out) oh well...prolly tech problems or something... .....and i wasent really whining....just from statistics the day they usually release, they didnt release...i would think of it as thier schedule.

ah well..just wait for it..
Old 2004-05-13, 22:35   Link #292
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
oh whoops my bad

well right now those 2 subbers arn't appearin lately...so i was curious why werent they...i was thinkin they were like AJ and stopped subbing completely.....so i was just askin here why they were takin long for N E anime..mainly tenjou tenge(not saying they shouldnt take thier time...its just all of the animes they sub arent even comin out) oh well...prolly tech problems or something... .....and i wasent really whining....just from statistics the day they usually release, they didnt release...i would think of it as thier schedule.

ah well..just wait for it..
Well, episode 6 of Tenjou Tenge "is" out on BitTorrent, but it's subbed in Portugese.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 07:46   Link #293
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

episode 7 is so-so, but I love that scene where
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 08:30   Link #294
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIceBerg
From what I understand, there's really no right way to spell the Romanized translation. I've seen four versions.

Tenjo Tenge (mainly used for the manga)
Tenjou Tenge (mainly used for the anime)
Tenjyo Tenge (also referred to for manga purposes)
and
Tenjho Tenge (also referred to for anime purposes)
Well when referring to a Japanese textbook, Tenjou Tenge is the correct romanization. I can see using Tenjo Tenge (cause honestly, who knows how to pronounce that 'u' at the end if they don't know Japanese?), and Tenjyo Tenge would be a variation of the shortened 'Tenjo Tenge' (at least it would work in a word processor), but Tenjho Tenge has no basis.

Of course, I was just giving you the look for the hell of it.
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 10:51   Link #295
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Rogers
Well when referring to a Japanese textbook, Tenjou Tenge is the correct romanization. I can see using Tenjo Tenge (cause honestly, who knows how to pronounce that 'u' at the end if they don't know Japanese?), and Tenjyo Tenge would be a variation of the shortened 'Tenjo Tenge' (at least it would work in a word processor), but Tenjho Tenge has no basis.
actually, Tenjho Tenge has the best basis... since the manga itself says "Tenjho Tenge" on its cover. So it could be said that "Tenjho Tenge" is the official romanization of the manga title...

Spoiler for not really a spoiler:
Old 2004-05-15, 11:02   Link #296
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

does it matter what it is spelled in romaji? romaji is a bastardization of hiragana/katakana for westerners. tenjo, tenjou, tenjyo, tenjho are all pronounced the same way. Everyone seems to have their own rules for making romaji although I must say you rarely see a "jho" used for that sound effect. Either way there is no point arguing what the correct spelling is. the correct spelling is the kanji/hiragana/katakana itself. anything else is made up
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 11:28   Link #297
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
does it matter what it is spelled in romaji? romaji is a bastardization of hiragana/katakana for westerners. tenjo, tenjou, tenjyo, tenjho are all pronounced the same way. Everyone seems to have their own rules for making romaji although I must say you rarely see a "jho" used for that sound effect. Either way there is no point arguing what the correct spelling is. the correct spelling is the kanji/hiragana/katakana itself. anything else is made up
well, everything is made up, including the kanji/hiragana/katakana title, they are made up by the author. The author himself made up the title "天上天下", and the author himself made up the romanization "Tenjho Tenge". So I guess we should respect "Tenjho Tenge" as much as "天上天下" as the official manga title. Everything else is made up by people other than the author himself, thus not as much credibility.

So what if "jho" is weird and doesn't make sense? you can't argue against the very guy who created the manga series can you? If you don't like the romanization "Tenjho", I guess you can always send emails to Oh!great to complain about it
Old 2004-05-15, 11:40   Link #298
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

whoosh! Many westerners who see hiragana or katakana don't know how to sound them off, so romaji is an approximation made for foreigners to sound them off. It is not for spelling only for sounding. jo, jou, jyo, jho all sound the same. the spelling is irrelevant.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 11:42   Link #299
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
ugh when is episode 6 going to be subbed already
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 13:25   Link #300
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, everything is made up, including the kanji/hiragana/katakana title, they are made up by the author. The author himself made up the title "天上天下", and the author himself made up the romanization "Tenjho Tenge". So I guess we should respect "Tenjho Tenge" as much as "天上天下" as the official manga title. Everything else is made up by people other than the author himself, thus not as much credibility.

So what if "jho" is weird and doesn't make sense? you can't argue against the very guy who created the manga series can you? If you don't like the romanization "Tenjho", I guess you can always send emails to Oh!great to complain about it
I tend to ignore when manga or anime misspell character names (in English). I mean, if they pronounce Robert but spell it as Robut, I'm not gonna honor that.

There's no such thing as 'official' romaji by the manga author. He just plain doesn't know how to romanize Japanese, and why should he? I'm sure he didn't learn Japanes as a foreign language...

I never meant for this to be serious, but while we're at it I went ahead and posted my thoughts.
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, seinen