Notices

Old 2012-04-02, 09:08   Link #661
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Sure thing. I'm NorthernNuke. Though beware, my PC is very slow to load with BF3 (especially quitting which takes up to 10 minutes before I join another server), ...
Damn, 10 minutes? Man, I feel your pain. Anyway, I hope I still remember how to add people (btw, it's Ocaro, got a different username there). So, see you on the battlefield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
..., and I tend to *cough* ragequit *cough* servers if the teams are stacked to oblivion.
You call that ragequit?

It's better to quit and give the spot to other people than losing one's sanity for the mistakes of others. Getting angry over retarded teammates only makes you play worse and have less fun (yay, for suicide heli pilots! XD). Plenty of servers to choose from.

Autobalance tends to shove me to losing teams all the time, you can imagine how happy that makes me. I mean, sure...why not, if balancing actually worked and did some thorough shuffling. That's the only thing that gets on my nerves lately and makes me "ragequit".

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
So, did I follow right that helicopters are even worse now?
They are quite ridiculous, yes. If your team lacks effort to shoot one down, good luck trying to hide.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:39   Link #662
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Op firestorm team mate and I hung out of bounds behind a hill loping up and I'd TV missile stuff (it's an annoying thing to control but hilarious). We've been running as engineers (like everyone else for easy vehicle/chopper kills) and support more recently then other things, although I play the he'll out of support normally.

The M249 is ok, but the PKP doesn't seem to have to much kick, it does a little at the start but once you're unloading it is quite stable. Suppression kills...lol.
Old 2012-04-02, 15:47   Link #663
konart

Xbox 360 Patch Going Live April 3rd

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/04...ive-april-3rd/

For those with xbox
Old 2012-04-04, 05:38   Link #664
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

And no fokks were given that day.
Old 2012-04-04, 10:19   Link #665
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
birgirpall used to have some good stuff. The "Operations" were brilliant.

Now his stuff's just stupid.

Although credit given where credit due for some of the shooting in that C4 video against the tanks.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 04:55   Link #666
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
The M249 is ok, but the PKP doesn't seem to have to much kick, it does a little at the start but once you're unloading it is quite stable. Suppression kills...lol.
Indeed, the PKP (which I've unlocked not too long ago) is far more controllable after the first three-five bullets or so, but the bullet spread remains absolutely ridiculous. This bloody MG only sees its stock value rise when it's applied to either close combat or deterrence (suppressive fire keeping everyone else's head down). It's practically useless for precisely hitting targets fifty meters away or more - I'm wasting huge buckets of MG rounds trying to hit something that I could've dropped with one assault rifle burst. Nevertheless, I still need one more kill (again, I'm not a frequent/prolific gamer) in order to unlock the foregrip and see how this could change the playing field. Definitely not liking what DICE did to the MGs.

I've pretty much come to hate the bipod, because my character keeps adjusting it whenever I shift, thus taking my eyes off the target for a precious second or so. This happened to me countless times on Metro during those annoying sniper duels. Being prone, I try to crawl sideways to get a better shooting position or get better cover and the bloody body animation takes that golden opportunity away from me, often with tragic consequences.
Old 2012-04-26, 07:10   Link #667
konart

New map for the Close Quarters DLC and new game mode Conquest Domination:

New weapons:

JNG 90 Bora - Turkish sniper rifle (0:42)
AUG A3 - 1:12
ACW-R - 0:46
SPAS-12 - 0:38
MTAR-21 - 0:37
Old 2012-04-26, 13:27   Link #668
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Lets hope they do something about the M26 Dart first, darn that weapon makes me rage more than the M320.

Other than that... so many stuff flying pass in that stage.

On a joke side with other new CC map...

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 16:39   Link #669
com_gwp

Oh wow, the design on one of those new CQ maps is very reminiscent of mirror's edge aesthetics. I still hope till this day for a sequel
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 17:03   Link #670
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
AUG A3 - 1:12
Prayers have been answered.

Don't forget the SCAR-L though!

Old 2012-04-26, 21:54   Link #671
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Amazing, gotta try the OP Dart. Been out of the loop lately lol
Old 2012-04-26, 22:28   Link #672
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Most servers I've played recently have server messages stating not to use the MASS at all or risk a ban.

Seen a few banned too.

Old 2012-05-02, 07:22   Link #673
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Played the game for the first time last night since my previous video card starting acting up about 2 months ago.

So, the patch...

Really only played vehicles last night, which is highly unusual for me. Took me a good 20-30 minutes to get back into the swing of things. I played mostly with the LAV-AD on Caspian. Like I said when the patch notes were released but I finally found out last night, the decision to reduce the damage the AD does to personnel is just awful. Are these games realistic? Absolutely not; but why was there the need to reduce this damage? Yes, you can rampage with them against personnel, but the AD units are also very thinly armored. Why not nerf aircraft guns against personnel? They are even harder for the infantry to defend against. There was absolutely NO need to nerf the AD guns.

Oddly enough, I killed more aircraft in a 1000 ticket round last night than I had before. Still, it seemed like the aircraft were even more destructive against the LAV-AD than usual last night.

I saw how still-useless the ManPADS were last night. Couldn't lock on if they were more than a couple hundred meters away. No way the lock-time decreased.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 19:17   Link #674
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I find it cute when I get kicked from a server for being better than the admin. Not my fault he can't even rack up 5000 points in a match.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:52   Link #675
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Battlefield 3 Premium trailer:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yep, you can order all expansion packs at once - even those that haven't been released yet (w. 2-week early access for those).

Will include new weapons (M417, Steyr AUG A3, MP5K, Textron LSAT LMG, Remington ACR) and new vehicles (HIMARS, Stryker MGS, John Deere ATV, two-seater motorcycle...and was that an AC-130/C130?)...PLUS the largest BF3 map ever.

Spoiler:

The "Aftermath" EP will take place shortly after the earthquake on the Iran-Iraq border; it's sort of a survival episode.
"End Game" on the other hand, is some sort of high speed EP, which will feature motorcycles.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:20   Link #676
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

I heard a lot of people are quite unhappy with the queue jumping that premium get over non-premium.

I'm quite interested in the Armored Kill expansion though.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 10:41   Link #677
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I really dislike how IN YOUR FACE the premium premise is right now especially for someone like me who has very little interest in buying it.

Do we REALLY need to know that we where killed by a "premium player" in game and does the games main menu REALLY need a new "premium" tap on it in giant orange letters.

On top of that I'm forced to download a 2.8GB update (that undoubtedly includes one of the expansions) weather I like it or not.

Thanks Dice/EA =/

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 11:15   Link #678
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

At first I was extremely against the idea of Premium, but after reading that the prices add up quite nicely for the DLC/expansions, I'm less so... If it wasn't for what Drake just said, including the server queue. Really? Paying to get ahead in server queues?

It's such blatant marketing and catering, made worse in the fact that it works nicely.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 01:35   Link #679
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
I heard a lot of people are quite unhappy with the queue jumping that premium get over non-premium.

I'm quite interested in the Armored Kill expansion though.
I too am more interested in Armored Kill, but I might buy premium if have the HD space. I wonder how their going to implement the HIMARs and BM-21, controlled like the mortar, perhaps?

@Renegade: Yes, there well be an AC-130.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 02:55   Link #680
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Even before the queue-jumping, what annoyed me was the misuse of power from admins of servers. I'm getting tired of facing the decision of fighting for the opposition or just getting booted just because the admin found me playing better than his team.

When I suddenly die and it says "Killed by Admin", I'll end up on their team (because the admin planted me there to win). At this point, I either work against my team, or try and switch back to have it happen again/get kicked entirely. I'm not a fan, to say the least.