Old 2013-10-15, 09:20   Link #1681
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Pre-"multivote" purge...

Ayase 322 - Miho 260
Mokkan 391 - Ryuuka 176

Mokkan's win is more or less confirm...waiting for Group B final.
If the Madoka voters are playing their cards right...the multivotes may be in Miho's camp.
Old 2013-10-15, 09:21   Link #1682
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Thanks to the "we don't reveal the multivotes if the outcome of the match isn't reversed|" rule, the statistics of this year's tournament are pretty much ruined.

For yesterday's matches, it looks like Mami and Kyouko would still win by quite large margins even if the multivotes were removed. So I guess the 2011 champion is a lot better than the 2012 champion.

Looks like the Madoka Magica faction is the strongest this year. Which means the Madoka Magica voters will be voting for Ayase so that Madoka can go to the Losers Block. If Madoka and Sayaka make to the Final 16 then this is 2011 all over again which 4 Madoka Magica girls except Homura are in the final stage of the tournament. Poor Homura.

Azuki Azusa lost but Kaori Ishihara supporters will vote for Ryuuka in today's matches. Though it's most likely Mokkan will win against Ryuuka. It would be sad to see Kaori Ishihara characters lost two days in a row.
Unfortunately, that would not have been the case had the tournament organisers not screwed up the whole thing that badly. Unless they intend to down MadoMagi after this round...

Anyone else going to migrate to another Saimoe competition?

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-10-15, 09:25   Link #1683
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Anyone else going to migrate to another Saimoe competition?
What's out there anyway? AST and ISML are about the only two prominent one left, and I follow both...

ISML, for all it's trying to accomplish, can be boring at times. Having a Nova division did help things, but it's still never going to get anywhere when the same few girls keep winning every matches every single year...
Old 2013-10-15, 09:36   Link #1684
Hachiko
The Akita

ゲーム from 8910 @Game8910

R.I.P #saimoe (2002-2013)
Old 2013-10-15, 09:57   Link #1685
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
What's out there anyway? AST and ISML are about the only two prominent one left, and I follow both...

ISML, for all it's trying to accomplish, can be boring at times. Having a Nova division did help things, but it's still never going to get anywhere when the same few girls keep winning every matches every single year...
What would be ideal is the J-SaiMoe tournament format and entry rules but with ISML style, promotion, international voting, and methods for dealing with cheating.

The J-SaiMoe tournament format is simply more exciting than the moe equivalent of a pro sports regular season (which is what most of ISML is like). And J-SaiMoe's entry rules guards against the sort of situation we have in ISML right now where the same handful of girls have been completely dominant for three years straight.

However, in almost every other area, ISML is the better moe competition.
Old 2013-10-15, 10:02   Link #1686
ion475
にこにこにー

So...some sort of server issue going on? (I'm block from all those pages at work so I'm relying on the twitter feed...)

Updated Pre-purge result...
Ayase 305 - Miho 234
Mokkan 366 - Ryuuka 160

Still waiting for post-purge result.

Quote:
What would be ideal is the J-SaiMoe tournament format and entry rules but with ISML style, promotion, international voting, and methods for dealing with cheating.

The J-SaiMoe tournament format is simply more exciting than the moe equivalent of a pro sports regular season (which is what most of ISML is like). And J-SaiMoe's entry rules guards against the sort of situation we have in ISML right now where the same handful of girls have been completely dominant for three years straight.

I would say ISML simply have a more robust system to prevent a lot of stuff (multivoting, etc.) that run rampant at AST. Being a league format, however, means you always have those bottom feeders that would get eliminated in Round 1 in AST but stay around for a LONG time in ISML...

Last edited by ion475; 2013-10-15 at 10:18.
Old 2013-10-15, 10:07   Link #1687
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

I agree. The direct elimination format of J-Saimoe is what makes the tournament so exciting. I find the "league" part of ISML to be pretty boring.
Old 2013-10-15, 10:13   Link #1688
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
I agree. The direct elimination format of J-Saimoe is what makes the tournament so exciting. I find the "league" part of ISML to be pretty boring.
I wonder if it's possible for someone to just buy out J-SaiMoe (kind of like how Vince McMahon bought WCW), and then fix up its problems while keeping what's really good about it.
Old 2013-10-15, 10:21   Link #1689
Subayai

Quote:
I wonder if it's possible for someone to just buy out J-SaiMoe (kind of like how Vince McMahon bought WCW), and then fix up its problems while keeping what's really good about it.
Hahaha, good idea. I think that maybe J-Saimoe "needs" to die first to be revived later by better organizers. Because I doubt anyone can "take it" from the current admins but, if they give it up first (because of the many problems and complaints) then maybe someone better may pick it up and reform it. Just a thought.

----------------------------

By the way, they are deliberating about the multivotes and stuff so we may get the final results soon or at least know that the pre-purge results are final.
Old 2013-10-15, 10:34   Link #1690
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for graphics:
Old 2013-10-15, 10:35   Link #1691
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for kyousuke's war room:
Old 2013-10-15, 10:39   Link #1692
Subayai

The pre-purge results are final.

Congrats to Ayase and Tomoka.

Ok, well Miho lost but at least she put up a fight. The vote difference was not as big as yesterday's matches. Now she is going to rep. I hope she can get an affordable opponent there. If she can get to the Sweet 16, that'll be great.
Old 2013-10-15, 10:42   Link #1693
spirits having flown

Homuhomu's fate has been cruel for she gets to sit out again for another year. Maybe she has another chance next year.
Old 2013-10-15, 10:43   Link #1694
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
The pre-purge results are final.

Congrats to Ayase and Tomoka.

Ok, well Miho lost but at least she put up a fight. The vote difference was not as big as yesterday's matches. Now she is going to rep. I hope she can get an affordable opponent there. If she can get to the Sweet 16, that'll be great.
Which also means Madoka is also in the rep.
Old 2013-10-15, 10:45   Link #1695
Hachiko
The Akita

Mind the Goddess, Miho...

Spoiler for Danger!:
Old 2013-10-15, 10:46   Link #1696
Subayai

Characters going to repechage
Round 1 Losers
Akane Akaza @ Yuru Yuri
Awai Oohoshi @ Saki

Round 2 Losers
Madoka Kaname @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Kyouko Toshinou @ Yuru Yuri

Round 3 Losers
Kirame Hanada @ Saki
Arata Sagimori @ Saki

Group Finalists
Miho Nishizumi @ Girls Und Panzer
Ryuuka Shimizudani @ Saki

Repechage is getting flooded with Saki characters: 3 yesterday, 4 today...

-----------------------------------------------
Old 2013-10-15, 10:50   Link #1697
iamadooddood
NOM.

Grats to Ayase and Tomoka. As I initially predicted, but I dropped all my predictions later on.

Quote:

Well, there are other emerging Saimoe tournaments trying to follow the leader, so if AST falls there are still some others out there.

There's this Winter/Spring and Summer/Autumn Saimoe tournament that just started last year, hosted on Facebook by Japanese ACGN (which stands for Animation, Comics, Games, Novels; an acronym with its roots in Taiwan and is used mainly in Chinese-speaking countries such as Taiwan and China). The whole thing's in traditional Chinese, just to let you know. The 2013 Winter/Spring Saimoe, which started on 14 July, ended with Mikoto Misaka's victory last month. Next would be the 2013 Summer/Autumn Saimoe, which should start around... January 2014. It's gaining in popularity quite well so I think it's worth a check.

Quote:

Yeah. Maybe ISML can add this kind of tournament to whatever they currently have, as well?

Quote:
Repechage is getting flooded with Saki characters: 3 yesterday, 4 today...
Are they going to fill up half the repechage with Saki girls?

Old 2013-10-15, 10:55   Link #1698
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Spoiler for The Big Board:

Guesses...
Reisys & \Akari~in!/
Old 2013-10-15, 10:59   Link #1699
Hachiko
The Akita

The real battle, I think, will now be in the repechage. Every match day involving Madoka will be a massive turnout. And the Homura voters have decided that they're going all in to let the Baby Jesus do her thing.

Seems to me that I may be wrong here. Japan has decided it's not exactly ready to go in a new direction just yet. Mea Culpa.
Old 2013-10-15, 11:04   Link #1700
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Guesses...
Reisys
Who's Reisys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
The real battle, I think, will now be in the repechage. Every match day involving Madoka will be a massive turnout. And the Homura voters have decided that they're going all in to let the Baby Jesus do her thing.

Seems to me that I may be wrong here. Japan has decided it's not exactly ready to go in a new direction just yet. Mea Culpa.
Well, Madoka's place in the Sweet 16 is already more or less confirmed since it looks like she'll sweep all her opponents in the repechage.

Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament