Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-22, 08:52   Link #2601
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Sayaka will probably win because all people who don't like madoka as show will vote for Sayaka.
As a show? Then watch PMMM faction steamroll next year again
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2013-11-22, 09:17   Link #2602
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I really don't see the argument that anti-Madoka faction voters will naturally favor one major PMMM character over another, especially when there's no resistance member left. I'm much more inclined to think that they'll simply sit out the match (which likely explains the decline in vote totals for both Madoka and Kyouko from Quarter-Final to Semi-Final).

Now, I do think it's possible that anti-Madoka faction voters supported Sayaka to snipe Mami, in the hopes that the final resistance member (Watashi) would have a better chance against Sayaka than Mami. If this is the real main reason for Sayaka defeating Mami, then Madoka wins the J-SaiMoe 2013 Championship.

However, such strategic concerns are gone now, with only two PMMM girl left. So if Sayaka defeats Madoka then I think it simply means that the movie boosted Sayaka more than it did Madoka (and having discussed the movie and its moe competition effects with some other people, I do think this is possible at least). If Madoka wins, then it means that Madoka was boosted more by the movie, or her and Sayaka were boosted equally by the movie.

Whoever is crowned J-SaiMoe 2013 Champion, I'll be happy with it. Both Madoka and Sayaka were amongst my favorite girls in the tournament going into it. So the only question is if I'll be moderately happy, or downright ecstatic, once the match is over. In hopes of the latter, my pick is Sayaka.
Old 2013-11-22, 10:29   Link #2603
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I still think throwing this contest into the trashcan is a viable solution. There has been a constant regression in the number of voters as well as the suspense this contest brings. Worst of all, there has been confirmed cheating within the contest on multiple occasions and restricting cheaters was this convoluted voting systems only benefit. Or it was intended to be. You either have faulty winners due to over-zealous fans stocking the ballots with their shenanigans, or you have admins who remove a large portion of the votes in an attempt to remedy the situation. Or it's even possible it's the admins who are the ones cheating by removing legal votes. This contest is un-salvageable.
In so many words, reform the voting system that largely has gone unchanged in over a decade, preferably using modern tech in the process.
Old 2013-11-22, 10:42   Link #2604
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Most of my picks since the years after I stumbled upon Saimoe '07 have never really gone far; but Sayaka, who is serendipitously also my #1 (and also voiced by my #1 favorite seiyuu) ever since her show was brought into the world, slashed that trend - twice. She is already a heroine to me in that respect and my last light in the dark times of this tournament's sad decline. Now here she is, standing on the last lit stage in this tournament for the year, preparing for the finale. One step away from the crown. Like a dream.

She is once more the underdog, but this time I am heartened by the increase in support and appreciation for her that I observed in this year's thread compared to 2011's campaign - when fellow fans and allies were fewer, and there were some truly bitter enemies to fend off. Unlike Madoka who is the titular character of the show, Sayaka may never reach this far again. So let me wish for one more miracle.

Pick:
Sayaka Miki @ Puella Magi Madoka★Magica

Images
All in
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I have no regrets. Let's go.
Old 2013-11-22, 10:46   Link #2605
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
In so many words, reform the voting system that largely has gone unchanged in over a decade, preferably using modern tech in the process.
And hopefully not go out of their way to stop foreigners from voting. If they created a well done system where you need to register for instance, and didn't want to go to the effort of making it available in more than one language, then saimoe fans would translate it to other fans. As long as there is no blocks besides the language barrier (which in itself is a good filter if they wanted to let only those really interested in to vote).
Old 2013-11-22, 11:03   Link #2606
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post

Pick:
Sayaka Miki @ Puella Magi Madoka★Magica

Images
All in
I have no regrets. Let's go.
Wow, now that's some beautiful artwork. Thanks a lot for sharing!

I guess I should add something myself.

It's time for The Final Dance...

Images
The Final Dance
Old 2013-11-22, 11:20   Link #2607
spirits having flown

Now is the time! I will be showing my support to her on this last match!

Spoiler for No regrets!~:
Old 2013-11-22, 11:31   Link #2608
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Meh, go Godoka
Old 2013-11-22, 11:32   Link #2609
Hachiko
The Akita

A race early in first 30 minutes. Madoka leads Sayaka 23-15. I will be back in several hours, must get some shuteye...
Old 2013-11-22, 11:43   Link #2610
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Geeze... Sayaka really can't catch a break, huh? Oh well, go Sayaka, go! Make this the comeback of the century!
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2013-11-22, 12:03   Link #2611
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Prediction- Madoka
Pick- Sayaka
Old 2013-11-22, 12:41   Link #2612
iamadooddood
NOM.

It's too bad that all the admins are interested in, is the general opinion of one group of voters. And that group, is the Japanese voters.

In an increasingly globalised world, this will not end well.

@Coldlight: All in? You sound like we're playing poker.

Now, on a more serious note.

I did say that I'll pick the winner of SF2 over the winner of SF1... but Madoka seems to be beating Sayaka. Although not by much (32-28). Looks like Sayaka drew first blood though. (I'm staying clear of predictions here.)

I want my long haired Sayaka now.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-11-22, 13:00   Link #2613
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
It's too bad that all the admins are interested in, is the general opinion of one group of voters. And that group, is the Japanese voters.

In an increasingly globalised world, this will not end well.

@Coldlight: All in? You sound like we're playing poker.

Now, on a more serious note.

I did say that I'll pick the winner of SF2 over the winner of SF1... but Madoka seems to be beating Sayaka. Although not by much (32-28). Looks like Sayaka drew first blood though. (I'm staying clear of predictions here.)

True, and it's not just this year. Saimoe has been growing more and more conservative for some years now. ISML, despit some shortcomings, has a voter count in the thousands and has official support for a number of languages. It's bound to eventually overshadow a strictly national tournament that has a total of 200-400 voters and has been in a steady decline.

Well, it's too close to call so far with these numbers. I really want to see the total vote count afterwards, but I'm not expecting much. Even passing reaching the 500 vote total would be an achievement, judging by the x-final matches.
Old 2013-11-22, 16:02   Link #2614
scineram

Please, Sayaka, don't let a cheat win!
Old 2013-11-22, 16:27   Link #2615
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post

Sadly, I think I've exhausted what I could fine for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scineram View Post
Please, Sayaka, don't let a cheat win!
While I certainly share your desire for Sayaka to win, what makes you think Madoka has been cheating? Just curious.
Old 2013-11-22, 16:30   Link #2616
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
True, and it's not just this year. Saimoe has been growing more and more conservative for some years now. ISML, despit some shortcomings, has a voter count in the thousands and has official support for a number of languages. It's bound to eventually overshadow a strictly national tournament that has a total of 200-400 voters and has been in a steady decline.
Animes overall are going to be Japan-centric no matter what, though. It speaks volume when AST get this many people following it even when they can't vote...

ISML is gaining recognitions, but at the end, with the current structure it'll just not generate the excitement that AST can generate. I mean, when time and time again you have 80% of the match no one care about, and pretty much the only "exciting" fights are between the Top 8-10 girls on each side...

As much as it's trying to balance things out, seeing Kanade curbstorming girls 30+ times a year gets boring quick.
Old 2013-11-22, 19:51   Link #2617
Hachiko
The Akita

I'm back, and it's 63-54 Madoka. The voters...have given up on this competition.
Old 2013-11-22, 19:54   Link #2618
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Animes overall are going to be Japan-centric no matter what, though. It speaks volume when AST get this many people following it even when they can't vote...

ISML is gaining recognitions, but at the end, with the current structure it'll just not generate the excitement that AST can generate. I mean, when time and time again you have 80% of the match no one care about, and pretty much the only "exciting" fights are between the Top 8-10 girls on each side...

As much as it's trying to balance things out, seeing Kanade curbstorming girls 30+ times a year gets boring quick.
Well, that's what I said "shortcomings". They really should take some of the nice stuff Saimoe has and drop some of the "original" ideas. Plus, many of us are older and have at least seen Saimoe in its former glory. I'm pretty sure the newer generation of foreign anime watchers that care enough will not be as attached to Saimoe. The only thing Saimoe has in its current form is that it's still simple and efficient, which could teach the ISML people a thing or two. The voter count reaches a new low each year. Browsing a bit on the older Saimoe threads will make the point more clear, just marvel at the numbers starting from 2011 and back and see how far Saimoe has fallen in just 2 years. It's not that relevant anymore.

The main issue ISML has is that it's too trying to be too much for a popularity contest. Arenas, Tiaras, seasons, SDO, SDF, STD, BBQ, whatever...
Old 2013-11-22, 20:07   Link #2619
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
They should kick out the ones that reached at least the semifinals repeatedly
Old 2013-11-22, 20:19   Link #2620
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
The main issue ISML has is that it's too trying to be too much for a popularity contest. Arenas, Tiaras, seasons, SDO, SDF, STD, BBQ, whatever...
I found the problem to be the underlying structure of the whole tournament anyway, aka it being a league. It doesn't help that the same few girls just keep dominating no matter how they change the format (Shana, Taiga, Tenshi, Biribiri, Eu...)

(Not to mention, I do found ISML taste to be crap...as if they only watched the same few series and that's it...)

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament