AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-02-27, 17:22   Link #12001
bakapervert
A pervert

^What is the difference between thunder and lightning amyway? They are the same.right?
Old 2017-02-27, 17:44   Link #12002
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
^What is the difference between thunder and lightning amyway? They are the same.right?
Thunder is the sound caused by lightning. Lightning is the ray of energy itself.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 20:14   Link #12003
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
That term was used in the translation of Volume 7, though.
Impossible. The only mention of the Black Lightning authority's special attack is in Manga Volume 3's bonus section.

You probably read it from the Campione wikia site, which isn't really that accurate.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 22:41   Link #12004
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post
Thunder is the sound caused by lightning. Lightning is the ray of energy itself.
you will be surprised how many people dont know this
Old 2017-02-28, 00:24   Link #12005
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Impossible. The only mention of the Black Lightning authority's special attack is in Manga Volume 3's bonus section.

You probably read it from the Campione wikia site, which isn't really that accurate.
Correct if I´m wrong but I remember Alec thinking about an attack like that when facing dragon form Guinivierre but did not becuase the Black Lighting goes into cool down period fo half a day. I read it years ago so I might be wrong.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 02:27   Link #12006
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

That's correct. It's in volume 10, in his fight against Guinevere.
Quote:
The authority of divine speed actually had an attack mode called [Black Thunder] which could incinerate everything on the ground.

However, using it meant that he could no longer use divine speed for half a day. Alec had no wish to use it in this situation.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 02:30   Link #12007
Windsgrace

Yeah there was a mention where his authority can become an attack. i.e. he becomes a huge surge of black lightning and destroys a large area but has a cool down and hurts the user thus its not practical. Its mentioned in the LN. It was talked about when Guiniverre flashback to when she first met him...I think. However I did not read the manga and I don't visit the wiki so yeah its definitely in the LN. I just don't remember exactly where.

Edit: Ninja'd (kinda)- Nice going belatkuro
Old 2017-02-28, 02:37   Link #12008
Ultragunner

perhaps he can use his divine black lightning to create super shockwave/thunder that can attack?
Old 2017-02-28, 04:46   Link #12009
zzhk
Summary Machine

There's no dispute that the Black Lightning authority has an explosive attack that renders Alec powerless for half a day afterwards.

The question is what it should be called.

Looks the author changed his mind. In Volume 10, he used 雷霆 which means thunder, but the subsequent Devil King profiles that came with Manga Volume 3 used lightning. In any case, there's no mention of it in Volume 7 at all.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 04:02   Link #12010
Ultragunner

I just noticed something, Susanoo has always called Rama "that brat",
granted Susanoo has the appearance of a middle age man while Rama is featured as a young Prince, but did the Japanese God manifest first before KotE or something?

If I'm not mistaken, stories about Rama greatly predates those of Susanoo's so what gives?
Or maybe it's because the old man just has an edgy & arrogant attitude
Old 2017-03-01, 10:33   Link #12011
Windsgrace

I would say the latter. Also he probably met him when he was still traveling the world.
Old 2017-03-02, 07:40   Link #12012
Ultragunner

Quote:
Using this power, Kusanagi Godou was able to draw out the [Sword of the Beginning and the End], despite not being a goddess himself, to obtain the power of heaven and earth's creation!

"Those that summon storms... A thousand dragons, a thousand snakes. Gather now to become a blade!"

Godou finally used it a second time.

Relying on the gift left behind by Athena together with the power painstakingly bestowed by Circe, Godou finally managed to master the ritual of destruction and rebirth. Those involved in the world of magic, not knowing any better, would probably mistaken this as "Kusanagi Godou's third authority."
What does [Sword of the Beginning and the End] do again? IIRC, it creates something akin to a "black hole"?

So [Sword of the Beginning and the End] (from Athena) + [Magic Control] (from Circe) + [Ame-no-Murakumo] (as the medium) = [Stormbringer] a.k.a Godou's 3rd "Authority"?
Even more so, what does exactly [Stormbringer] do? Does it just combine with [The Persian Warlord] to create more effects?

Sorry for so many questions like this, just getting back to Campione and I'm quite rusty
Old 2017-03-02, 08:43   Link #12013
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
What does [Sword of the Beginning and the End] do again? IIRC, it creates something akin to a "black hole"?

So [Sword of the Beginning and the End] (from Athena) + [Magic Control] (from Circe) + [Ame-no-Murakumo] (as the medium) = [Stormbringer] a.k.a Godou's 3rd "Authority"?
Even more so, what does exactly [Stormbringer] do? Does it just combine with [The Persian Warlord] to create more effects?

Sorry for so many questions like this, just getting back to Campione and I'm quite rusty
It creates a black star that works like a black hole. Has enough power to destroy a small island.

He got the the power from Athena and the Archives of Dawn from Circe allow him to do it on his own.

Edit: So I have an old question that I want to bring up again, when does Godou get his own title. There is the Black Prince, the Wolf King, the Demonic Cult Leader, and the King of the Sword; will Godou get a cool title too?

Last edited by saw2097; 2017-03-02 at 09:27.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 08:19   Link #12014
Ultragunner

^ the "Harem King"?

ah, I still have more questions regarding KotE.

In vol 15, it was said that Artio awakened KotE half a century earlier than expected, but he wasn't summoned to the living world by her in the first place, right?

In other words, by the time in vol 15 (ancient Gaul) Rama had already manifested on the world, Artio "woke" him up from his slumber?

It's a bit confusing, so Can anyone confirm this with me?
Old 2017-03-06, 08:38   Link #12015
Darius Drake

^^ Steel Slayer/Campione of Steel (because all of his actual authorities come from Steel Gods).

^ In volume 15, Rama was "manifested" in the world in the same manner in which he has been "manifested" in the entirety of Campione. That is to say, he existed in the world, but was basically asleep. Artio didn't fully awaken him, but instead (in my view, and from my recollection) more like summoned part of his consciousness.

Basically, his real body's still where it was, fast asleep in his sword (probably on Avalon), while he had a false (summoned) body walking around with his real mind fighting Godou.

Hope that helps, even if it's still as clear as mud.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 10:10   Link #12016
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
"Be that as it may, I am not completely bereft of options. If the one who stands as my son's proxy—the Devil King-exterminating hero—manifested to confront you godslayers... Hoho, the victorious side should prove difficult to predict, yes?"

In other words, whom the goddess wanted to summon was not her true son!?
Yes, she summoned him. But it was an incomplete one. In vol17, the way he was summoned was more complete due to the Holy Grail, the presence of 3 Steel Gods inside the Arrowhead, and a snake goddess around, Pallas Athena who unsealed herself. When Artio summoned him, it was only a part of her life that was used up. The scale was completely different so that's why KotE couldn't use the power of the Great Ritual of the Covenant. It was pretty forced just so Artio can beat the new godslayers who arrived from the future.
Old 2017-03-06, 17:11   Link #12017
Ultragunner

What I am trying to confirm is where KotE had already manifested in the living world before Artio came along.

Because according to the LN, Rama was summoned by a group of "priests" in the Bronze Age to slay a Campione (the one with 10 lives)
Old 2017-03-07, 06:56   Link #12018
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Vol17:
Quote:
His trusty sword and armor were made of bronze instead of iron. Evidently a man of the ancient world. The time he lived in was even earlier than Uldin's.
This is already before Artio then so he was already around. And the ones the priests summoned wasn't Rama but Sita so she can assist him. But the godslayer with 10 lives captured her instead.

There's also this in volume 9.
Spoiler:
And Hanuman also said in volume17 that he's been silent for almost 2 millenia. That's probably how long he's been serving Rama.
Old 2017-03-10, 08:03   Link #12019
RandomguyHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

Stormbringer is the name of a cursed black blade that devour souls and life force in Michael Moorcock's books.
The name might be calling to attention that AMT "absorbs" Godou's authorities, and the fact the eponymous sword is made by the "gods of chaos" or something? w/e its cul i ges
RandomguyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 16:19   Link #12020
Y33Zi
The Devil of Rhine

Smile

Hey guys, I'm new to reading the campione LN, and started volume 1. I'm already confused on how things are arranged. Can anybody help explain the chronological order of this? I've seen the anime, but I've heard the majority of it is filler
Y33Zi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem