AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-03-08, 22:24   Link #11301
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... I suspose that it's a plot point.

Or maybe they don't mean the project. Seriously, shooting down battalions of MS and ships is a way to be labeled as "Ultimate".

And why should they know about the location? They could had catched only a part of the plan. If even Martian knew about the location, their should had been a war between factions.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 22:36   Link #11302
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Lowe helped with the repairs to the Freedom Gundam, IIRC. He had suggested replacing the head with that of a GuAIZ, as a shout-out to the Zeta Gundam having its head replaced with that of a Zaku's. But yes, they've met.
Hmm, if you're talking about the chapter in Astray R, he didn't meet Kira there, although he did see the headless Freedom and caught a glimpse of Athrun launching in the Justice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Hmm... I suspose that it's a plot point.

Or maybe they don't mean the project. Seriously, shooting down battalions of MS and ships is a way to be labeled as "Ultimate".
The Martians never described Kira as being ultimate, although they did call him a hero. (That's probably the only time Kira has ever been called a hero. I don't remember if Flay called Kira a hero in front of that little girl.)
Quote:
And why should they know about the location? They could had catched only a part of the plan. If even Martian knew about the location, their should had been a war between factions.
Maybe, but I would guess it's harder to keep a secret about experimenting with Coordinators on Earth during that time, even at Orb.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 00:42   Link #11303
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Speaking of which, does Lowe even know Kira?
I think you’ve read it, but here’s some little snippets from Astray manga I can find.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This is early in X Astray manga during Canard’s rampage. So yeah, Lowe does not know Kira personally well, but he knows enough to tell others about Kira after learning from various sources by the time he arrived on Mars. Like I said, Junk Guild has a way with information like The Professor implied on that page (for example, look at Erica Simmons’ data about Kira on on Lowe’s monitor).
Old 2014-03-09, 00:53   Link #11304
monster

Ah, ok, I didn't think to look at X.

EDIT: Who is the guy that told Canard about Kira? If it was Durandal, I thought he learned it from Rau, and Rau didn't even know that Kira survived until SEED.

Last edited by monster; 2014-03-09 at 01:44.
Old 2014-03-09, 02:08   Link #11305
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Generation of C.E. states that Rau was the one who told Canard about Kira.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 02:30   Link #11306
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Ooh, that's even a worse continuity error.
Old 2014-03-09, 02:33   Link #11307
Deadpool2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
The whole thing is pretty complicated. They had the most problems as a couple during Seed Destiny, but overcame them, and reconciled.
Don't get me wrong, I have no idea of them reconciling. I'm just pointing out that, from that conversation, it sounds like they DID break up for at least some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I just don't see how they could make another SEED storyline without it being a complete asspull. The main story has always been the conflict between the EA, ZAFT, and ORB, with the sidestories being around lesser factions that can't really pull off such world-spanning conflicts.

But at the end of Destiny, ZAFT is in Lacus' control, and we know she won't fuck things up with hidden agendas to destroy or take over the planet. EA's Blue Cosmos leadership was wiped out by ZAFT, as was the shadow organization that was behind Blue Cosmos in the first place (and a bunch of other wars, if Durandal was to be believed). Cagalli's back in control of ORB with her manipulators wiped out. There's just no believable way to instigate another conflict, not with Lacus in control of one side.
Well, things aren't so simple.

Even ignoring the fact that Lacus isn't really Supreme Commander, and it's likely the woman taking pictures and shaking hands with Cagalli, there is plenty of other options.

There are a LOT of powerful organizations with no leadership. AF and LOGOS most notably. Were one person to wiggle his way into that power vacuum... Eurasia is also both in shambles AND largely sympathetic towards Durandal.

It would not take a lot to come up with a new conflict. Just humans being humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
Well, he didn't believe what Rau was saying anyways.
in the heat of the moment, it is understandable. At this point, knowing what he knows, he should have figured it out. Desiny does imply he got all his memories back... Although it is all conjecture.

Quote:
That's an odd kind of canonicity...
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 02:55   Link #11308
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Ooh, that's even a worse continuity error.
Yup. Rau was wearing a disguise.

Also, Canard told Kira that Rau was the one who told him about Kira's existence, in Super Robot Wars W.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 03:22   Link #11309
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
Well, things aren't so simple.

Even ignoring the fact that Lacus isn't really Supreme Commander, and it's likely the woman taking pictures and shaking hands with Cagalli, there is plenty of other options.

There are a LOT of powerful organizations with no leadership. AF and LOGOS most notably. Were one person to wiggle his way into that power vacuum... Eurasia is also both in shambles AND largely sympathetic towards Durandal.

It would not take a lot to come up with a new conflict. Just humans being humans.
I really believe that Eurasia is a prime candidate for starting a new conflict. And with ZAFT having ties with western Eurasia, it wouldn't be too hard for ZAFT to get involved should there be trouble there.
Quote:
Yup. Rau was wearing a disguise.

Also, Canard told Kira that Rau was the one who told him about Kira's existence, in Super Robot Wars W.
Well, I suppose games have their own continuity anyway
Old 2014-03-09, 07:17   Link #11310
weirdguy

It's better to not use games as evidence since they aren't canon.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 09:09   Link #11311
Washu-Chan