AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-07, 00:35   Link #41
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Check out Paranoia Agent or Wolf's Rain.
Old 2011-04-10, 12:50   Link #42
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Pscyhological/supernatural/dark/action - that sounds like Chaos;Head to a tee. Then again, that's probably more of an anime that gives you a right royal mindfuck right from the start.
Old 2011-04-12, 23:23   Link #43
Re-l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Check out Paranoia Agent or Wolf's Rain.
Tried Wolf's Rain, didn't really enjoy it? And will check out Paranoia Agent. (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Pscyhological/supernatural/dark/action - that sounds like Chaos;Head to a tee. Then again, that's probably more of an anime that gives you a right royal mindfuck right from the start.
Chaos;Head, I have already watched some of. It's been awhile so I will restart. Haha.
Old 2011-04-13, 08:20   Link #44
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't see Bakeneko or its sequel Mononoke on that list. No Monster either, though it appears I suggested that back the first time around.

I just finished watching Trapeze which I skipped over at the time it was released. Since it's a collection of stories about a strange psychiatrist and the patients he treats, it fits your "psychological" category. It grew on me more and more as I watched it.
Old 2011-04-13, 13:03   Link #45
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-l View Post
Chaos;Head, I have already watched some of. It's been awhile so I will restart. Haha.
Give a day or so between episodes if you restart. That anime (about half to 3/4's of it) drained me loads (my fault for watching all 12 episodes in a day )
Old 2011-04-13, 22:36   Link #46
Re-l

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I don't see Bakeneko or its sequel Mononoke on that list. No Monster either, though it appears I suggested that back the first time around.

I just finished watching Trapeze which I skipped over at the time it was released. Since it's a collection of stories about a strange psychiatrist and the patients he treats, it fits your "psychological" category. It grew on me more and more as I watched it.
I'm actually finishing up Mononoke right now. Haha. And I'll check out Trapeze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Give a day or so between episodes if you restart. That anime (about half to 3/4's of it) drained me loads (my fault for watching all 12 episodes in a day )
I'll be sure to do that! Haha, give me longer to enjoy it too. (:
Old 2011-04-14, 18:00   Link #47
libba
nepenthes rajah

Kaze no Stigma
Supernatural/romance/action. It's not exactly dark, but I wouldn't call it a comedy either.

Berserk
It's an old anime but it's really good. It has a small amount of romance but it's more about dark (very dark), psychological, and supernatural stuff with quite a lot of action.
One drawback perhaps since I didn't see a lot of such anime on your list--it has a Medieval Fantasy setting.
Old 2011-04-14, 21:19   Link #48
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-l View Post
I'm actually finishing up Mononoke right now. Haha. And I'll check out Trapeze!
Forgot to mention that they're by the same director, Nakamura Kenji. His newest work is [C], streaming on Funimation starting next week.

Hope you enjoyed Mononoke. I'll be curious to hear what you think of Trapeze. I had to give it four or five episodes before I became comfortable with the characters (except for nurse Miyuki-chan; she I liked right away!).
Closed Thread

Tags
psychological, supernatural