AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-01, 02:06   Link #10241
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Bit late, but what makes you think Lugh? That goes against practically every hint we have gotten so far.
I have to agree. Lugh looks to be a god with associations to light, the sun, storms, and arts, with a minor in war (and that's almost exclusively with the Irish) and trickery. His closest relation to another god in a different mythology is Mercury, and that's mostly because of the art part. Same with a small relation to Odin. Also, compared to Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Mesopotamian, and Hindu mythologies/religions, Celtic isn't really that "popular" (as in well-known), and the author mentioned that the answer is a little obvious.

Here's a crazy suggestion as to who KotE is: Jesus. It's mentioned in the Revelation of John (which describes the Apocalypse, or "the End" of the world) that he has a sword (which comes out of his mouth, so it's obviously symbolic, but whatever).
I'm not saying that will be likely, but it would be kind of interesting...
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 02:44   Link #10242
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
Well yeah, as the spokesmen above said:
-Cared about Erica because of Godou.
I was talking about the first time they met each other, which was long before either of them met Godou. If it wasn't for Doni's help, Erica would never have learned the Golgotha spell words.

Quote:
-Cared about Lilianna, because of Godou, and the 'third' time they met, because of his "duty" (meaning Andrea's nagging).
Putting aside the incident I mentioned earlier, Doni was the one that covered for her when she quit working for Voban.

Quote:
-Cared about the Franks because it was more fun that way. Hence, cared about himself.
He didn't have to actually capture Colonia Agrippina though. He did that because the Franks needed somewhere to hide from Artio's bear armies.

He also didn't have to forbid them from looting either, but he did.

Quote:
On that note, my friend, nobody said Doni doesn't have a heart. The problem is that he doesn't seem to have a brain. -.-"
Oh, Doni has a brain, what he doesn't have is damns to be given.

Quote:
To be honest, as far as personalities go, I like Doni more. And that's because of nothing but honesty.
I like Doni more too, because he's more of a fun person to be around. Doni is the kind of guy that it would be fun to get a drink with.

Plus i have to admire his dedication. Most people in his position wouldn't have bothered learning swordsmanship, no matter how talented they were at it, if they couldn't use magic.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 02:50   Link #10243
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
I have to agree. Lugh looks to be a god with associations to light, the sun, storms, and arts, with a minor in war (and that's almost exclusively with the Irish) and trickery. His closest relation to another god in a different mythology is Mercury, and that's mostly because of the art part. Same with a small relation to Odin. Also, compared to Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Mesopotamian, and Hindu mythologies/religions, Celtic isn't really that "popular" (as in well-known), and the author mentioned that the answer is a little obvious.

Here's a crazy suggestion as to who KotE is: Jesus. It's mentioned in the Revelation of John (which describes the Apocalypse, or "the End" of the world) that he has a sword (which comes out of his mouth, so it's obviously symbolic, but whatever).
I'm not saying that will be likely, but it would be kind of interesting...
I'm not really a mythology buff myself, but even I know Lugh's basic story without consulting wikipedia. Couldn't say the same for Verethragna. Plus Doni's first god was Nuadha, so we know the author at least has a passing familiarity with it. Popularity isn't the problem.

The problem is Lugh is most associated with a spear(although he does use a sword a few times). He also has no link with the Argo that I can think of,

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-07-01 at 04:25.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 04:10   Link #10244
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Nope, Lugh is most probably a misfire. Though my knowledge on irish mythology is not the best, I can still easily conclude that he's not the one we're looking for.

@Endscape: the first time, right? Well, Doni was alredy an idiot, and he asked them for a meal. He also had them buy him a sword. Simply clearing one's debts. (Plus, don't forget he didn't really care that they fell to the bottom of the crevice while crossing swords with his master).
Also, on him backing Lilliana: didn't he himself say that he can't have "his presiouc Godou's lady" facing such a crisis?
Colonia Agrippina was his first "conquest" en route to "pre-historical world domination" (e.g. 'having fun'). Also, he himself needed a base. And the looting thing was Godou's influence, not his (though even if it was his, I'm not clear on this, since it's been a long time since I read that volume, it was because you usually don't crap into your own nest).

And yeah, he clearly doesn't give a flying damn

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 05:30   Link #10245
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Well, Doni was alredy an idiot, and he asked them for a meal. He also had them buy him a sword. Simply clearing one's debts.
Considering they tried to put to sleep with magic and take the info they wanted out of his head, he doesn't really owe them anything.

Quote:
(Plus, don't forget he didn't really care that they fell to the bottom of the crevice while crossing swords with his master).
See above.

Quote:
Also, on him backing Lilliana: didn't he himself say that he can't have "his presiouc Godou's lady" facing such a crisis?
He said no such thing. Lily wasn't involved with Godou back then.

Quote:
And the looting thing was Godou's influence, not his (though even if it was his, I'm not clear on this, since it's been a long time since I read that volume, it was because you usually don't crap into your own nest).
Stopping the looting was his idea.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 07:49   Link #10246
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Actually re-read it. No questions asked, that one goes to you, dear sir.

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 13:01   Link #10247
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

I believe perseus is closely linked to Kote,Perseus can have attributes mithras, but not the same.
circe has solar attributes being the daughter of Helios,athena and medusa are two goddesses and a the same time.
Perseus was syncretized to many heroes and gods,he may have assumed identity of mithras, but he would have only its attributes,mithras would be free to be kote.
mithras god associated salvation, contract, justice, light, war.
It also has features of god steel,second Persian tradition he He was born of a rock,with the emergence of Verethragna,Verethragna tronou is a god of war and mithras lost its attributes of god of war,more if it manifests before Verethragna arise, he will still be a god of war, and will not have dominion over Verethragna.
the only flaw in my theory and that mithras not have (or I did not found) nor a link with Argos.

Ps:Gorgoneion, crown saturn, holy grail, objects are created by the death of a mother goddess, that means medusa manifests before athena,Athena in search of its origins absorbs the power contained in Gorgoneion, and its true origin Retona,Mithas, and perseus therefore can be separated deities, who were joined by the myths.

Last edited by GodSoul; 2014-07-08 at 13:28.
GodSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 20:16   Link #10248
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Watched the anime, but forgot most about it, however now I've read volume 1 of the LN and wanted to ask:
  • Is there any character development regarding Goudo and the rest of the main cast?
  • Does Godou (no specific spoilers please) obtain more powers (like by slaying gods or doing so by an alternative method)?
  • Are the fights later on more than just 10 abilities + assists from his "followers"?
I am not sure if I am going to continue this, or not. I am very annoyed by how Goudo reacts to the girls' complaints about petty details like "trying not to damage the environment", while taking on a god... uhm what? Seriously? Sure it is his fault to bring disaster to Japan with the "Serpent", but still... if he didn't then the whole of Italy may have been turned to ash and he also put his life on the line and did his best not to involve citizens... but then he gets a bad concious because of damaging a little bit of land? Well whatever. At least Mariya herself realized that she "went too far", and it's obvious that Erica likes manipulating people, so it can be excused "somehow". IMO most could be resolved if Goudo wouldn't just resign so fast everytime one of the girls talks to him, but I guess I'll read at least vol. 2 and probably vol. 3 as well (because that seems to be the actual chronological beginning of the story), while I wait for your responses to my beforementioned questions. Thank you very much.

Also, are the blu-ray specials in some way relevant to the story? Should I read them or skip them?
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 20:31   Link #10249
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Watched the anime, but forgot most about it, however now I've read volume 1 of the LN and wanted to ask:
  • Is there any character development regarding Goudo and the rest of the main cast?
  • Does Godou (no specific spoilers please) obtain more powers (like by slaying gods or doing so by an alternative method)?
  • Are the fights later on more than just 10 abilities + assists from his "followers"?
Hmmm... well, truth be told, this series isn't very great on the "character development". I mean, it takes like fifteen volumes for Godou to figure out he likes being a playboy and having four girlfriends (minor spoiler alert). But he eventually gets a "my-job-is-to-defeat-gods" attitude and does whatever it takes to take them out, while trying to minimize the damage. You could say he starts to act more like a king. Yuri just ends up being a loyal housewife who still tries to help her realize his limits, and Erica... is and always will be manipulative.
As to new powers... yes, though they are not really authorities, which contributes to your last question. And Godou is kind of a genius tactician, so it's fun to see his strategies against beings you're not supposed to kill.
Old 2014-07-10, 22:47   Link #10250
bakapervert
A pervert

^ If you're looking for character development, sure this series doesn't have it as much as heavy story like Clannad or Haruhi, but if you compared it to other harem series, Godou's growth is quite a lot compared to other MC that stay clueless even when it reach more than 10 volume already.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 23:03   Link #10251
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
^ If you're looking for character development, sure this series doesn't have it as much as heavy story like Clannad or Haruhi, but if you compared it to other harem series, Godou's growth is quite a lot compared to other MC that stay clueless even when it reach more than 10 volume already.
The fight scenes is good, too. It's epic and destructive enough and pretty clever when you think about it, but at the same not too boring and repetitive and fall into the usual shounen-style" My___is stronger than yours!" like other shounen series.*cough*Naruto*cough*.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 23:06   Link #10252
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Well, I was worried that Goudo would continue his hypocricy endlessly until the most recent volume. However from what I hear, he at some later point gets real about the fights and VERY much later gets real about his harem...
I just hope this development begins before vol. 10 at least... I actually think Erica's main reason to tease Goudo is because she is mainly in love with his Campione persona, while quite annoyed at his... non-Campione persona.

Anyway... I guess I'll continue reading then.
I think I'll post my experiences from every volume here. Maybe I'll "rediscover" a few things that veteran readers of this LN have forgotten. My previous rant should have covered most negative points of vol. 1 already. Maybe I'll also post the good things about vol. 1, well we'll see.

BTW, is that Goudo on the vol. 16 cover? A guy on a LN cover ALONE??? Wow the author is breaking a golden rule! Now I am reading this for sure!
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 23:26   Link #10253
bakapervert
A pervert

^ Nah, in volume 16 cover, he is with Yuri and also Ena in the background. And for me, this series really pick up at volume 4 if not volume 3. So hope you can stick to this till that point.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 23:40   Link #10254
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
^ Nah, in volume 16 cover, he is with Yuri and also Ena in the background. And for me, this series really pick up at volume 4 if not volume 3. So hope you can stick to this till that point.
I'd like to say for me, Volume 6-7 was when I became a huge fan of this series. That arc was the climactic moment for me. I still consider it the series best.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 23:56   Link #10255
teejmo

For me, the first one got me hooked (Athena is awesome), then it slowed down until Sun Wukong came into play. All hail the Monkey King!
Old 2014-07-11, 04:26   Link #10256
ImperialFlameGod8190

To me after sun wukong it kinda died I haven't really read much after that but little tidbits because the story got too wonky
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 08:59   Link #10257
Kyuusaisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I'd like to say for me, Volume 6-7 was when I became a huge fan of this series. That arc was the climactic moment for me. I still consider it the series best.
I feel pretty much the same. I like Luo Hao. Quite a bit.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 09:53   Link #10258
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
I feel pretty much the same. I like Luo Hao. Quite a bit.
Well, the fight really pick up from volume 6, especially with the intensity and awesome-ness.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 09:54   Link #10259
teejmo

The Lancelot arc was pretty good, mainly because it had both Athena and Lancelot, who were both quite interesting. But since then, it really has been somewhat meh. The author did, however, introduce my favorite human female character recently with Aisha. She is just too hilarious.
Old 2014-07-12, 01:42   Link #10260
Spica

For me I like it from Vol 1, mainly because of Erica words...

"I'm serious, otherwise who would make this kind of stale joke? Ah, I'll state up front, she can only be your second lover at most. No matter when it is or who it is, your number one lover should always be me—Erica Blandelli, remember? If you forget, I won't forgive you."

Never seen a harem story with a girl like that in Vol1. Then It sold me further when she snapped the umbrella in Vol 2 and glare at Yuri before she talk about [Goat] which Yuri understood and lied.

As for Character developments, the series is very subtle with those which I find very nice.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem