AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you pity these girls?
So Sad! 2 28.57%
Can't be helped 0 0%
All is Fair in Love and War 1 14.29%
Fate of the Defeated 2 28.57%
I'm feeling something else... 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-04-25, 13:36   Link #1
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Exclamation Otome Sensou <Dívčí Válka>

Original Title : 乙女戦争 <Maidens War>
Author : Ohnisi Kouichi

Info : Mangaupdates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU
The story begins in 1420, right as what would be known as the Bohemian War began. A young girl named Sharka is raped and left for dead among the corpses of her whole town, but she manages to survive. She is picked up by the Bohemian forces, who put a gun in her hands and take her on board as a soldier. Will Sharka be able to fight and take her vengeance?
Poor girls...
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-25, 14:30   Link #2
Tenzen12

Well it's true you de get rape in.manga that often, but I really think, it's not relevant event enough to make poll for it. Anyway I am reading it for while, hussite wars are one of most relevant (if not most relevant), yet most under radar conflict in history of Europe. Execution is also pretty solid.

Just shame author bit neglected Ziska being perpetual front liner fighter to light up his position as tactician.
Old 2017-04-25, 19:44   Link #3
rantaid

according to what i read in Osprey....

Quote:
Hussite war (1419-1436) was known little outside of Czech, yet they represent an important stage of development in medieval military history. In term of ideology they were fought for religious principle that anticipated reformation by century and half, but from military pov they were also ahead of time. The hussites wars innovative use of artillery and war wagin showed new way of dealing with mounted knight (cavalry) ; foreshadowing the infantry revolution that was soon have such an impact in medieval warfare
though Sun Bin outclassed the use of wagon to be made into improvised portable embankment in BC, as mentioned in his bingfa. :P

Quote:

in 1412 , Pope John XXIII planned war against king Ladislas of Naples who supported his papacy rival. the source financing of this war was based on the sales of indulgencias (pass to heaven issued by pope). this commercialization of religion for political war was clearly an outrage leading to many critics. Jan Hus, the reactor of Prague University was one of them. the retaliation led to Jan Hus' excommunication from church labelling him as heretics... and then you know the rest
not the only one event of crusades where christian fighting fellow christian though..... also interesting to note about several tits and tats about crusade and teutonic knight

Quote:
medieval handgonnes, .... nah who am i kidding
ps. the rape is very good. you'll be surprised.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-25, 22:45   Link #4
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Right?~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well it's true you de get rape in.manga that often, but I really think, it's not relevant event enough to make poll for it. Anyway I am reading it for while, hussite wars are one of most relevant (if not most relevant), yet most under radar conflict in history of Europe. Execution is also pretty solid.

Just shame author bit neglected Ziska being perpetual front liner fighter to light up his position as tactician.
Oh, it's very relevant. Why? You proved it yourself

Take a look at the the poll again, it doesn't say anything about rape, it might be about their fate of being conscripted as militias.
Yet, you are so sure that the poll is about rape.
That is an undeniable proof that it is extremely relevant boi~
Old 2017-04-25, 23:12   Link #5
rantaid

yeah! yeah! It is very good, chou berry good, wuhugm! (i read them long ago though :P)

it is rare to read a manga where the girl had such delicious and mouthwaterring expression! the first appearance where Sharka walked alone using stick post non consensual coitus is sooooo... heartwrenchingly satisfying. But that girl... isn't she too angelic? it is like she wouldn't mind two or three more.... she is like the younger version of Alicia from Valkyrie Profile 2 and .... i like the mid european clothing

oh hell! i hope we get its ntrape doujin one day.

and, i was wondering about whether the handgonnes where really that small. shouldn't it be a bit bigger and longer? at least several centimetre in balls ?
Old 2017-04-26, 03:35   Link #6
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Right?~

Oh, it's very relevant. Why? You proved it yourself

Take a look at the the poll again, it doesn't say anything about rape, it might be about their fate of being conscripted as militias.
Yet, you are so sure that the poll is about rape.
That is an undeniable proof that it is extremely relevant boi~
Yeah, you are absolutely right. I had to completely misread. I was so sure about rape, but it wzd actually about military conscription! I guess I am getting senile...

....either that or polls OP suddenly changed. Hard yo day which of it happened
Old 2017-04-26, 03:56   Link #7
sparhawk1610
Asura

We have a lot of stories like this in our country. In the past was Slovakia and Czech Republic one country. But this have a nice story, I am a bit surprised that someone write this, but I like it.
( Bohemia - Czech Republic )
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-26, 04:09   Link #8
rantaid

according to Osprey also

Quote:
Handgonnes truly came into their own during Hussite wars, fuelled by the death of Jan Hus. his supporter rose up in revolt against Holy Roman Empire and the Church itself, Their rebellionbecame an assertion of Czech national identity against the ruling German. They called themselves the Hussites (after their slain leader; Jan Hus) and rallied around Jan Zizka, the one eyed knight who had fought for the Polish against Teutonic Knight

Jan Zizka knew his eager peasants stood little chance against knights in open field (where swift moving and agile cavalry ruled the battlefield), hence with his limited resources he converted farm wagon into mobile forts by coverinh them with wooden planks and chaining them together. these wagons could be drawn in square or circle called wagenburg
it is also said Zizka learn this trick from Herring, Russians or even Tartar. pretty intersting to read that Zizka had more difficulty manufacturing crossbow rather than his Handgonnes

also, seems that Battle of Roses also implemented wagenburg, anyone can confirm this?

ps. but more importantly the girl lesbo also sounds fun... man the raped bride become a bit boring after a bit (i feel like her story is already concluded after interacting with Sharka).... welll, hope for more rape. especially sharka.
Old 2017-04-26, 05:19   Link #9
Top Sergeant

Thus far this has been a pretty good manga.

The Hussites and Zizka achieved amazing feats.
Spoiler for Historical note:

There were a good number of women in that army, fighting right alongside their men: that flail was very deadly in the hands of a peasant woman used to physical labor.
Old 2017-04-26, 06:41   Link #10
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Been reading the manga for sometime. I do like the fact both sides are Gray. Some of them are good, evil or just somewhere in between. Zizka is an expert tactician in war but is also a good manipulator just like how he trick the Hussite peasants into joining the war with the belief their fight was a just cause and supported by God.
Old 2017-04-26, 08:25   Link #11
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^^Hope it won't turn lesbo. Wanna see that black knight takes Sharka

^Yep, I quite hate those soap opera style where the bad guys are bad for the sake of being bad

Quote:
Yeah, you are absolutely right. I had to completely misread. I was so sure about rape, but it wzd actually about military conscription! I guess I am getting senile...

....either that or polls OP suddenly changed. Hard yo day which of it happened
It is about rape though
You got it right the first time
Old 2017-04-26, 08:42   Link #12
rantaid

@wuhugm

nu-uh. the Teutonic hates Zizka (if i am not wrong), and the braid girl is kinda cute and with burn loli being burnt, it is lesbo or rape. i don't mind either way though. and if Zizka doesn't use his famed battle mace to bash his head, i demand more rape. the queen is fine, but she is not really my taste. a bit of wild horse.... i prefer girl who easily break, like this new singer.....

and being this is not directly Jerusalem's Crusade, it seems to be a bit far off to expect Ottoman's Saracen, what a shame Mehmed.... it ain't your stage.
Old 2017-05-02, 05:14   Link #13
bastek66

> Status : 11 chapters
More like 6 volumes
Old 2017-05-02, 05:17   Link #14
Tenzen12

Is translation that much behind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
according to Osprey also

it is also said Zizka learn this trick from Herring, Russians or even Tartar. pretty intersting to read that Zizka had more difficulty manufacturing crossbow rather than his Handgonnes

also, seems that Battle of Roses also implemented wagenburg, anyone can confirm this?
I believe so, after hussite wars everyone and their grandmothers started use wagenburg... and mostly epicaly failed as commanders couldn't replicate Ziska's flexible tactics and often used it in completelly unsuitable terrain.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2017-05-02 at 05:32.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 05:19   Link #15
bastek66

Quote:
Is translation that much behind?
A lot, scanlations just started 2nd volume
Old 2017-05-02, 05:37   Link #16
Tenzen12

That's a lot. Mind you provide some spoilers? You know outside of "well known" offial history.
Old 2017-05-26, 10:18   Link #17
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for ch12:
Old 2017-05-26, 10:34   Link #18
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^And Ziska was assassinated
Old 2017-05-26, 11:51   Link #19
Tenzen12

Ziska is dead? Seriously?!

That's great! Hussite's war start to be truly fun only after he return from death with eagles as Ziska the white.
Old 2017-05-26, 16:51   Link #20
James Rye

I have a feeling we just increased the amount of beautiful, cute, lovely girls (and trap) so that the mangaka has enough of them to let them suffer cruel fates.

I doubt Ziska is dead of just this, but if the assassin got into the church armed like this, then he probably had help from the nobles or even the queen herself. They fear Ziska's hunger for war more than his ability to fight and lead.

Tags
crusade, historical, loli, militia, rape