wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-25, 10:50   Link #62
Tenzen12

Murim login good?
Old 2020-11-25, 19:35   Link #63
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Super good~

It's the combination of Murim World and the recently popular trope of dungeon in real life
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-05, 10:49   Link #64
Tenzen12

Song of the Sky Walkers: In the vision of the heavens, the emperor’s family gave birth to a special pair of twins—the male born with a forehead mole the color of cinnabar and the female born with six fingers. However, this brother and sister pair connected by blood is cruelly separated by fate! One was taken away by Penglai Xianchang and embarked on the long road of Xiu Xian. The other was abandoned in the reeds, followed by the old swordsman in the red dust... The fated day approaches, how will the two fight destiny? In what way will it be repeated

This has lot to offer: great story, beautiful art and even universal life lessons. How many stories can offer that?

Path of the shaman: MC used to be powerful practicioner of demonic cultivation. He rised in power, suppressed all his enemies and stood on very top surrounding himself with riches, good food and women. Then he died and found himself in young body belonging to disciple of righteous, virtuous and ascetic sect (ie super boring). If he want rise again and took control over shamans he will need corrupt everyone and get them hooked on earthly pleasures!

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-02-05 at 11:13.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-05, 13:53   Link #65
Tenzen12

Otherworldly Evil Monarch: Manhua is waste of time terrible translation and missing pages, but novel is pretty great (so far).

-Mc can actually keep low profile and hide his strength. Everyone except his family/clan think he is wastrel arrogant young master.
-Enemies are pretty smart and can't be easily traced.
-MC is more of killer/assassin then fighter to the point he can't even spar or beat someone into submission because going after vitals is basically ingrained in his fighting style.
-It has lot of cool grandpas.

Edit: I take that back. It bacame pretty bad later.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-07-14 at 13:59.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-28, 17:27   Link #66
kari-no-sugata II

I came across "Cultivator against hero society" recently. (some places translate it as "Cultivator vs Superman").

Turn off your brain and have fun!
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-29, 03:04   Link #67
Tenzen12

Legend of the Northern Blade :
Quote:
Once upon time there was big badass sect guarding north from forces of evil, but it's leader got ambitious. They framed their sect master for colluding with enemy, plundered sect clean and established four major forces in territories with actual people. Sect master son trained basically alone in empty sect until "White Night" resurfaced and all his jailers. Now being considered dead he travels as simple swordsman Jin, though as his fame raises more and more people started call him "Northern Blade"

This objectively great story. MC is pretty unusual for this genre. He's disciplined, pragmatic, humble and for majority of time silent. When he's bothered by jerkasees, he would ignore them. If they get violent he would give them beating without even draving sword from sheat and if innocent were to be harmed he would cut them down instantly. Despite somewhat slower start its magnificent piece of storytelling

Martial King’s Retired Life:
Quote:
Mt Daluo was always home of great hero and Feizhens master is among strongest that's there. He's also irresponsible prick who ditched his position as sect master and run away to hide from debtors and his wifes leaving his successors deal with everything. Feizhen of course want nothing to do with that so he take a flight too., move to Capitol and join local police force that slowly falling to obscurity despite lot of effort of its beautiful, charismatic and capable vice leader Shen Yiren.

Despite being cultivation novel it reads more like Light novel with self contained arcs, stable cast of characters and overarching story progression. I would recommend novel over manhwa because later, while fun in its own right leaves whole plot lines and major twists as well as harem progression (as anti-harem as I am, this one is great).

Ps: not confuse with Life Of A War Emperor After Retirement which while it has similar premise and is lot of fun is just that a fun. Still its better then majority of trash so I would recommend that one too.
Old 2021-10-12, 17:46   Link #68
kari-no-sugata II

I came across "Return of the blossoming blade" aka "Return of Mount Hua Sect" recently. The original is a WN but there's a manhwa as well and quite a bit of that is translated. There's even an official English translation on webtoons.

Here's a summary:
Quote:
When Cheongmyeong of the Mount Hua Sect awakens a hundred years in the future, his last memories are of a bloody battle against the Leader of the Demonic Cult, the evil Cheonma. The battle almost saw the end of the Ten Great Sects of ancient China, when Cheongmyeong ended the hard-fought struggle by striking down Cheonma. Soon after, he succumbed to his wounds, filled with regret at their pyrrhic victory. All is not lost, however, as he awakens to his second chance at life. Shocked to find his beloved Mount Hua Sect reduced to a mere shadow of itself in the present day, Cheongmyeong embarks on a journey to restore Mount Hua to its former glory.
I like it in that while it certainly has a fair degree of fantasy martial arts to it, it's relatively down to earth and more "old school" in many ways.

Last edited by kari-no-sugata II; 2021-10-12 at 18:02.
Old 2021-10-22, 19:33   Link #69
kari-no-sugata II

"My Apprentice: Game Over Again!" is kinda interesting. I've not seen too many shoujo/josei cultivation series.
Old 2021-11-10, 17:30   Link #70
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Legend of the Northern Blade :

Once upon time there was big badass sect guarding north from forces of evil, but it's leader got ambitious. They framed their sect master for colluding with enemy, plundered sect clean and established four major forces in territories with actual people. Sect master son trained basically alone in empty sect until "White Night" resurfaced and all his jailers. Now being considered dead he travels as simple swordsman Jin, though as his fame raises more and more people started call him "Northern Blade"

This objectively great story. MC is pretty unusual for this genre. He's disciplined, pragmatic, humble and for majority of time silent. When he's bothered by jerkasees, he would ignore them. If they get violent he would give them beating without even draving sword from sheat and if innocent were to be harmed he would cut them down instantly. Despite somewhat slower start its magnificent piece of storytelling
I've not read translations of the original WN but the manhwa is nice, even if the art takes some time to get used to (it feels appropriate for the setting though). The ML is stoic for his age and despite a setup that seems to demand an edgelord, he's anything but.

Thanks for the recommendation.

PS For anyone looking for something more lighthearted I came across this recently:
Quote:
ching chong / The Emperor is a Woman / The Tyrannical Lady Has a Cheat! / 爷就是开挂少女

I barely managed to confess to my idol and was about to experience my sweet first love life, but I was electrocuted and sent to a cultivation world?! Cheats given to me, my IQ raised from idiot to genius, I could go mob XP by grinding with my senpais, and I still had to face a happy new life. Isn’t a goddess’s life the best?! I wonder which senpai’s flag I’ll raise tonight…
The MC is roughly a gamer gal tomboy with a lot of energy. While she is quite aggressive/proactive she's still a nice girl.
Old 2021-11-12, 20:08   Link #71
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Edit: I take that back. It became pretty bad later.
They all do, Tenzen. They all do. I'm experiencing that with "3000 years of refining qi" right now.
Old 2021-12-25, 14:10   Link #72
kari-no-sugata II

If you want an MC who's a real troll and also has something of a clear long term plan, I'd recommend "Return of the Mad Demon" (aka Return of the Crazy Demon).

There's not a huge number of chapters yet but I really enjoy the humor.
Old 2022-01-04, 01:25   Link #73
Tenzen12

Didn't expect that one being so entertaining. There was never lack of Mc who gave no shame and can spout ridiculous BS, but this one is first who can do that with completely straight face and no-nonsense attitude. He got also bonus points for not wasting human resources by slaughtering whole clans and instead just goes straight for head and assimilated their forces. Actually seeing someone doing it right make your regular MCs look even more dumbass they already do.

But his noodles are still terrible.
Old 2022-01-10, 15:13   Link #74
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I'm a pretty big fan of Ruler of the Land, though I've been reading that for years. Since its still being published, and it started back in the late 80s or 90s(?) the art style in the beginning is pretty dated, but the starts to turn around somewhere in the late 200 chapters(its gradual, but became more noticeable around there for me).

Although in the beginning, the MC is just out for funs and goofs off and whatnot, which is what drew me to the series with his personality, it gets serious later on(though still has its moments of humor and silliness that initially gave the manwha its identity)

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote