AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-25, 08:17   Link #81
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

First 2 eps

Oh man, old man with glasses moe. But it's not gay, so it's OK for me to enjoy this.

Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised that it is so thoroughly enjoyable. It's mature drama that's relationship- and character-driven, with a setting that's allowed to shine (it's very difficult to make Rome look anything less than glorious, even in animation). And the music is great. But it's the characters that I'm enjoying the most. Nicoletta is all natural moe, but also very headstrong and capable. Claudio may still hold feelings for his ex-wife. Then there's the whole thing between Nicoletta and her mother and it'll be interesting to see how exactly that plays out. I'm definitely digging this so far.

Edit: Hey, Kaoru Chujo. Isn't Orikasa Fumiko just so good in this.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 14:07   Link #82
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 03:
Old 2009-04-25, 22:13   Link #83
Nerroth
NePoi!

"You're breaking my balls, man!"

Few shows can have a line like that and still come across as classy as this one does.
Old 2009-04-26, 14:00   Link #84
*reira*

Spoiler for RisPara episode 03:

Very nice episode, I enjoy each and every dialogue scene in this anime ^^.
*reira* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 17:31   Link #85
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I totally adore this show. ^____^ *wipe off drools*

Glad found something delicious, since Zoku Natsume Yujincho just finished.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 18:44   Link #86
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The ED performance by Komine Risa (aka lisa) conjures up a Japanese Carly Simon. Maybe it's the twang, or the swing rhythm?

I find it annoying that Crunchy and its partners don't bother to translate the songs. I don't really care if it doesn't look like the karaoke fansubbers produce; I'd just like to know what the lyrics are saying.

I can't remember watching a show so filled with quiet dialogue sequences like this one. Nodame Cantabile, for instance, seems frantic in comparison. Watching Nicoletta struggle with her feelings for Claudio for minutes at a time is really quite extraordinary even for a romance show.

This is fast becoming my favorite show this season. Just wish it came out weekly.

Over in the Eden of the East thread, there's been a lot of discussion about the gender composition of the Noitamina audience, and how Eden seems targeted more at men than other shows in that block. (I don't agree entirely with this myself; I don't see either Mononoke or Hakaba Kitaro as shows targeting women.) Nevertheless it is interesting that Fuji chose to put Paradiso in the Noise block while offering a more action-oriented show in Noitamina.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 07:23   Link #87
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Oh yeah, if someone said to me that this was a Noitamina series it wouldn't surprise me, since it has all the hallmarks, ie, grounded characters, muted dialogue and an emphasis on relationships.

Ep 3

This show continues to win. They're doing a fantastic job at developing the relationships at this point, and the similarity between Nicoletta and Claudio as two people "cast aside" by a career orientated mother and wife respectively is really interesting. I think if there's a really prominent theme in this show so far, it's that "relationships are difficult". Yep, this is a show for grown ups.
Old 2009-04-30, 07:39   Link #88
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think it's also refreshing to see an anime with an older male in a relationship. People seem to be taken aback at the idea of that, but that happens in real life all the time. Good to see an anime finally tackle it in a mature manner.

Vito picking up a younger girl at the gym just sounded a bit off though. But I guess that's all in line with this show's theme.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 21:14   Link #89
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post
So when are the episodes released? I haven't found a complete listing anywhere, so it's hard to keep track, since it's an irregular schedule.
Here's a listing of the upcoming episodes, from Shoboi Calendar:

2009-05-06(Wed) 26:08 4
2009-05-13(Wed) 26:08 5
2009-05-20(Wed) 26:08 6
2009-05-27(Wed) 26:08 7
2009-06-03(Wed) 26:08 8
2009-06-10(Wed) 26:08 9
2009-06-17(Wed) 26:08 10
2009-06-24(Wed) 26:08 11

They showed the first two episodes together on April 8, then skipped the 15th, showed ep3 on the 22nd, and skipped the 29th. From now on, it looks like every Wed on FujiTV. It's also on BS Fuji satellite starting Monday, and on other days/times in other parts of the country.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 22:26   Link #90
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Vito picking up a younger girl at the gym just sounded a bit off though. But I guess that's all in line with this show's theme.
That part in the Gente manga was just translated Go hunt for it

Also, Vito keeps himself fit and well at his age.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 09:19   Link #91
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
after watched from episode 1 until 4
i found this series is not bad and for me Claudio is the real gentleman, i also like Gigi and Luciano
Old 2009-05-15, 05:17   Link #92
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 05:
Old 2009-05-19, 09:41   Link #93
Nerroth
NePoi!

I just caught up with episodes 4 and 5 - and the way the story rolls along is just splendid.

Shame that, as a vegetarian who doesn't drink alcohol, there'd be little on their menu I could go for!
Old 2009-05-19, 10:56   Link #94
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
I just caught up with episodes 4 and 5 - and the way the story rolls along is just splendid. Shame that, as a vegetarian who doesn't drink alcohol, there'd be little on their menu I could go for!
Lol. In Toronto, Vancouver or several cities in the US and many elsewhere around the world (Singapore, UK, UAE, India, etc.), I recommend you find a Saravana Bhavan South Indian restaurant. Excellent vegetarian food.

Personally, I'm an omnivore. And I'm eating this show up. Eden, Phantom, and this are my favorites of the season. (And Cross Game is gaining on them.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-05-19 at 20:02.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 16:07   Link #95
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Lol. In Toronto, Vancouver or several cities in the US and many elsewhere around the world (Singapore, UK, UAE, India, etc.), I recommend you find a Saravana Bhavan South Indian restaurant. Excellent vegetarian food.

They aren't in downtown Toronto, it seems, but they are in Mississauga and Scarborough - even so, I have a few places nearby I can vouch for!

I might have to bring my own ingredients if I wanted to dine at a place like the casetta dell'orso, though...
Old 2009-05-22, 08:05   Link #96
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 5

This anime is just absolutely delightful. There's just so much to these characters, and it feels like we're peeling away the layers of an onion as we learn more and more about them and their pasts and relationships to find that there's so much and they're so multifaceted.

This, along with Eden of the East and Cross Game are firmly entrenched as the top 3 anime of the season. No other anime I'm watching comes close to these three, IMO.
Old 2009-05-22, 08:35   Link #97
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I love how episode five was about a couple we've never seen before, though half way into the episode i cared a lot regarding their outcome as a couple. Together with that, we learn more about Vito. Yet again this show demonstrates how quality is it.
Old 2009-05-23, 02:39   Link #98
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Yeah, I just can't get enough of how classy the presentation is with its soothing, wonderful atmosphere. Definitely an excellent show to watch right before going to sleep because it works to calm you down and take you on a wonderful ride with all the developments it has to offer.

Just getting a chance to see the restaurant's history in episode 4 was definitely heartwarming. Everything just fits together really well in the end that you can't help but smile.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 02:54   Link #99
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

It's like Aria with MEN!
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 03:17   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post
Definitely an excellent show to watch right before going to sleep because it works to calm you down and take you on a wonderful ride with all the developments it has to offer.
That's what i thought at first, though thanks to the opening i wanna go to Starbucks. and the show makes me hungry and have a class of wine, so i'm stuck with those thoughts.