Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-09-15, 03:20   Link #1
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
mantidor's drawings

oh my.. a thread with my name >_< it feels weird...

So... Ive decided to share my drawings since I feel if I dont do it they might be lost forever. I started drawing this characters since I was little, around 11 years ago actually. By that time anime and manga didnt have the huge influence they have on me now, so the style is just mine, nothing manga-anime related, although it has influenced my most recent drawings, the old ones just came out of nowhere it seems... these first ones are recent ones....anyway I think I suck at scanning! I didnt realized it wasnt as easy as I imagined.

most of my drawings were drawn during class (either school or college) so the drawings are usually drawn in notebooks, you can see the stripes (is this the correct word in this case?) in the background unfortunatly. how could I end my whole school and career in record time if I hardly ever payed any atention in class is honestly beyond my comprehension.

Now this drawings arent anything spectacular by normal standards, I of course love them with my heart, but Im sure most people wont be very fond of them.

oh Im using spoiler tags since for me its better this way (yes, crappy conection T_T) sorry for the inconvinience.

Spoiler for angels (group) :

Spoiler for angelix and demonix:

Spoiler for arcanid and its pet:

Ill post more later.

any feedback at all is very welcome ^_^ (even the "jeeesus, thats pure crap" ones ) Ive been looking forward to improve them but I find very hard to add things like perspective, or new positions, I suck when I try to make them look from the front for example.

INDEX!

This has proven to be really weird for me, Ive decided to put the names of the characters in the spoiler tags, what is extrange for me is that although I made up this names a very long time ago, Ive never actually have written them O_o, this sharing of my personal things freaks me out a bit, but as I stated I think is necesary.

group 1 ( this post)
group 2
retrospective
royal
winged dragon

Last edited by mantidor; 2004-10-01 at 12:46.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 03:22   Link #2
Marlin
Sakura's so cute!

Send a message via MSN to Marlin
Is this homework? LOL

Anyway, very nice drawings...
Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 03:31   Link #3
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin
Is this homework? LOL

Anyway, very nice drawings...
I know what you mean, well ,the pics were already scanned and I finished my homework moments ago, I thought it would take longer... anyway good night already! its 2:30 AM here Z_Z
Old 2004-09-15, 10:19   Link #4
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
I like. They have a mysterious, gothic feel, for some reason. And I love the effect scanned ballpoint pen has on the drawings. That particular style is very simple, but it adds to the elegance. Love to see more.
Ashi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 11:57   Link #5
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Thanks ^_^, I did enhance the pics a bit since the scanner raw was too bright, so I reduced the brightness and enhanced the contrast. I tried to scan some of my pencil drawings but the scanner cant do it and it turns out as a blank imgage ;_;

here is more

Spoiler for angel:

Spoiler for demon and raven:

Spoiler for wingless dragon:

Spoiler for angelix gift:

Spoiler for citizens (random) :

Spoiler for soldier and citizen (random) :

Last edited by mantidor; 2004-10-01 at 00:42.
Old 2004-09-15, 14:51   Link #6
aph

Send a message via MSN to aph
you have a nice style i like it, but you should work on a design for a composition or something, and then flesh it out with tone and detail.. im sure ur capable ^ ..
aph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 07:53   Link #7
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Oh! Your style! If you want to, I'm sure your drawings would be appreciated here.
Old 2004-09-16, 09:30   Link #8
Mika

if you are working with black pens...you can set the scanner to black and white...as opposed to color...it should kill all the blue lines and stuff! Nifty style tho. its pretty cool!
Mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 09:36   Link #9
Necrodeath

Awesome, I especially like the snake and dog (is it a dog?) drawings...those are just awesome, and will make a great tattoo if surrounded by some random tribal ^_^"

Neat0 work, keep it up (Y)

Edit: lol,, nevermind on the dog thing, it's not a dog ^_^"
I also see why you like mantisses so much
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 10:50   Link #10
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

very interesting drawings... kinda wondering if you took any inspiration from AD&D and Call of Cthulhu artworks?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:57   Link #11
Artemis
Pants-head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika
if you are working with black pens...you can set the scanner to black and white...as opposed to color...it should kill all the blue lines and stuff! Nifty style tho. its pretty cool!

Scan in B/w.... That is so simple it kills me. Thanks for the tip! (spends ages fiddling with levels and colour adjustments on images drawn on schoolbook paper)
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 11:55   Link #12
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Thanks for the replies ^_^

at the moment Im doing a composition as aph suggested, when I finish the preliminary skech Ill post it for advice in how to improve it

LOL necrodeath it certainly wasnt a dog

oh and thanks for the scanner tip Mika ^^
Old 2004-09-17, 13:11   Link #13
aph

Send a message via MSN to aph
hey dont compromise your own talents for what other people tell you though.. just do whatever is fun ;D

edit: cause ur stuff is freakin' cool ;]
aph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 14:04   Link #14
umbrella

wow those r pretty kool i wish i could draw like that
umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 18:05   Link #15
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
man you're really good.
and you did that at age of 11, wow.
the dragons look cool.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 21:19   Link #16
Denen Hiryu

ya you defenitly have your own style, very gothic, medevel fantasy art. yours and mine are somewhat simular 'cept that when i got into anime, I wanted to create a jap-anime/fantasy art type image. but ya you have a nak for drawing dragons <reptiles> and fantasy inspired work.

I relly enjoyed the picture you posted, besides the homework part
Denen Hiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 03:13   Link #17
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I really love this stuff. Very gothic and edgy nighmarish visions.

Still there is a question that everyone is thinking it, but noone is daring to ask. I will have to put myself forward and ask this question. How the heck does a mantis hold a pen or pencil?!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 04:43   Link #18
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I really love this stuff. Very gothic and edgy nighmarish visions.

Still there is a question that everyone is thinking it, but noone is daring to ask. I will have to put myself forward and ask this question. How the heck does a mantis hold a pen or pencil?!
Im glad you asked, its really difficult and I had to practice a lot to get confortable with it, fortunatly now Ive improved my skills at holding pens and pencils.
Spoiler for me drawing:

It took me a lot of time, Ive been drawing since I was eleven, and therefore the first pics werent as good, sOnJoOL sorry for the confussion ^^; those drawings are recent, this ones are the very first ones

Spoiler for 11 years ago:

this ones are a bit more recent
Spoiler for around 5 to 6 years old, I cant remember >_<:

the recent ones
Spoiler for more recent:

Im glad I took out my old folder with most of my drawings, imagine 11 years of drawing them! >_< its really a lot of paper...so Ill pick the more representative ones to post later. Maybe Ill even put them titles to make a neat index *pretends to be one of those cool artist from this forum section*... that should be fun, my drawings havent got titles ever until now ^_^
Old 2004-10-01, 00:35   Link #19
mantidor
the Iniquitous

I know its been a while... but dont think Ive forgotten about my thread, Im posting now another drawing, made some time ago. I just noticed its incomplete! but completing a drawing as old as maybe 2 or 3 years seems odd... however I cant stand it. Now I have to complete it... done, I added it something.

sorry for the double post, but its required in order to make a neat index! ^_^

Spoiler for royal:
Old 2004-10-01, 03:25   Link #20
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Wow, the royal one holding a staff or something? I can't really tell because of its lack of hands...

And like everybody said, you have a neat art style.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote