AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-03, 00:06   Link #141
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

This was very enjoyable. The music is excellent, the OP/ED are great, enough of the jokes are funny, and the rock-paper-scissors thing was adorable. Looking forward to next episode.

Edit: I can see what applejuice is saying about the VA though. They definitely could be better [especially Mio's].
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 01:02   Link #142
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I was expecting "Azumanga Daioh 2.0" when I watched this, and that's pretty much what I got. Not exactly but pretty darn close.~

Definitely going to follow this one, it's very funny and the characters are quite amusing.

Just hope the android girl doesn't run into any more people. I don't think the city could take repeated explosions like that. =P
Old 2011-04-03, 01:15   Link #143
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yeah...that explosion was out of nowhere and caught me offguard.

They did change things a little. I think Nano was already attending school with the others when the 4koma started, where here she's just living with her loli Professor. I think it works better like this oddly.

I think there is some serious potential for animated Avatars from this show.
Old 2011-04-03, 01:45   Link #144
mysterious

The 1st episode is full of lol. I just wish they make all their jokes connect to each other more like Lucky Star. The way they are doing it now confuse me.
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 02:14   Link #145
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I actually like two main girls in the ED, Yukko the genki girl and Nano- the robot... Also the cat and the loli professor thank to ep 00

Typical KyoAni moe is winning so far. But the level of randomness surely at Azumanga level

PS: and did i say Paper, Scissors, Rock have never been as cute?
Old 2011-04-03, 02:42   Link #146
Acadia

I have to remind myself before watching each episode of this show to breath enough air into my lungs to withstand the amount of laughter I need to output. I was flat-out running out of air to breath, I just lost it when the salmon hit that girls head and the other instantly reacted by dropping the fallen objects. The nuke bit was awesome. I always love a good Gundam Seed style random nuke. So you got a girl that objects to a guy riding to school on a goat who's a farmer? Shoot the bastard! Haha. Oh god and that poor dog going after the frisbee.

I don't know what else to say. The super-fluid KyonAni animation style was well used here. Lets hope this show keeps the insanity this high for every ep.
Acadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 02:51   Link #147
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One thing KyoAni seems to be sparing on is background. Sometimes they have them and sometimes they don't have any. When they do have them tey are well made, when they don't it is a white backdrop or colored speed lines.
Old 2011-04-03, 03:19   Link #148
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I laughed a lot more than I thought I would, having already read these chapters in the manga.

KyoAni is doing something right.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 03:25   Link #149
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
One thing KyoAni seems to be sparing on is background. Sometimes they have them and sometimes they don't have any. When they do have them tey are well made, when they don't it is a white backdrop or colored speed lines.
That's the whole point of adding effect to the joke. It's the first rule when it comes to flat humour.
Old 2011-04-03, 03:26   Link #150
Silverwyrm

Haha I love this already, every time I found my "favorite part" another one came up a few minutes later. Most of the jokes landed or at least induced a face palm.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 03:27   Link #151
LC
Shocking Pink

Even though I had previewed the manga beforehand, the anime had really nice extra touches. (three-second rule!) The animation is really good, the opening and ending are great, and I'm really looking forward to the next episodes because I heard the manga gets even funnier later on.
Old 2011-04-03, 03:37   Link #152
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Much quicker getting into than Lucky Star was...even if the OVA was sort of boring...it wasn't 8 minutes talking about food.

Now we have one minute of epic food flying.
Old 2011-04-03, 03:48   Link #153
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

So the latest churning out of a 4 coma anime by KyoAni...

Unlike when I first decided to watch K-ON!, I set my expectations appropriately for this anime. It's a 4-coma. It's supposed to be random funny and moe. Ok. I'm ready to go!

And that is when my car drove off the cliff....

The worst thing a show can do to its audience is bore it. This show didn't make me angry, or anything. There wasn't something that glaringly stood out to me, it was just boring. I maybe smiled at one gag in this whole episode.

Yeah, the show is supposed to be random. It clearly exemplified this with how it pretty much jumped from scene to scene without really being connected, or even creating a real storyline. OK sure, I'm with ya here. But oh wait, what's the point of this then? Oh, it's supposed to provide light hearted fun and entertainment. Alright gotcha! ............ And I'm left hanging.

The sort of randomness employed here was pretty dull for my tastes. Honestly, what's going on inside my own head is often more random than what I just saw. To say the least, I was very uninspired.

Well if the randomness didn't manage to shock or awe me in any shape or form, it can be at least funny right? No, not really. I was pretty unimpressed with the humor presented. It seems like the show is relying on cute interactions of some of the girls to make up a majority of the light hearted fun, like a certain Azumanga Daioh. But it never really did show me much on this front.

I don't know. It wasn't funny, or fun. They tried to earn cheap laughs, and there wasn't anything witty about what they did here. I don't know. This show is probably a waste of my time.

I give it a 4/10. It was a deplorable episode.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 04:47   Link #154
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I could be wrong, but Nichijou was originally a normal manga with short chapters rather than 4-koma isn't it? Something like Ika Musume manga

I have only read chapter 1, but KyoAni have been faithful with their adaptation so far. They even add some original events that turned out to be quite nature but the main story was still there. Hopefully they can keep it up

PS: It's a pity that they didn't enroll Nano into school right at the start of the anime. The whole segment after her collision was more funny in the manga
Old 2011-04-03, 05:00   Link #155
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

As someone who has never read the manga, nor watched Azumanga Daioh (thus have nothing for comparison)....

....what did I just watch?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 05:20   Link #156
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yea, I'm pretty confused myself. Most of it wasn't very funny, except maybe like the "3 second rule" gag and the frisbee. I thought it would have been better if the episode was like half episode length . I mean, I guess it would be ok if I'm just flipping through a book and going through each panel, but just putting all of that one after the other on screen just doesn't feel that great.

Not horrid, but forgettable overall.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 06:12   Link #157
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I can't believe it. Don't you guys feel funny at how Nano lose the breakfast for her master, her shoe, her chopstick, her hand. Started to worry on being found out while having that huge key on her back? I admit the situation was more hilarious in the manga. But the anime did try their best

The level of random in this series is high, at level of Pani Poni Dash but so far definitely suit my taste more

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-04-03 at 06:54.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 06:39   Link #158
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
nor watched Azumanga Daioh
I wouldn't say they're that similar. The humour is very different, though a lot of people are going to say they match because of the setting. Personally i think it's about time we had such an over the top slice of life school setting. It's been too long since Pani Poni Dash.
Old 2011-04-03, 06:41   Link #159
Taufiq91

As a Malaysian, Nichijou surprised the hell out of me

What it means:

Selamat Pagi = Good morning in Malay

Selamat Malam = Good Night in Malay
Old 2011-04-03, 07:06   Link #160
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
As a Malaysian, Nichijou surprised the hell out of me

What it means:

Selamat Pagi = Good morning in Malay

Selamat Malam = Good Night in Malay
Okay this part made me go "What?" cause not only are they speaking Malay but they're pronouncing the words correctly. Hope to see more malay spoken.

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life