AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-23, 15:46   Link #561
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Bayonetta?... Original? ......../snicker.. Original in the sense of witches are strippers with guns on their super high retarded heels.. sure the gameplay was awesome.. the story and characters? Not so much.

Feeling it will be the opposite for this, good and decent story/characters. Crap combat...

But at this momment.. Asura's Wrath >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DMC, Devil may cry,bayonetta, god of war
Old 2011-09-23, 17:14   Link #562
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome

Send a message via MSN to Player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Bayonetta?... Original? ......../snicker.. Original in the sense of witches are strippers with guns on their super high retarded heels.. sure the gameplay was awesome.. the story and characters? Not so much.

Feeling it will be the opposite for this, good and decent story/characters. Crap combat...

But at this momment.. Asura's Wrath >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DMC, Devil may cry,bayonetta, god of war
When did I even mention original? I merely said DmC was ripping off Bayonetta, which, may I add, is acclaimed as the true Devil May Cry successor. Though I agree Bayonetta's story and characters needed a lot of work. 'sides, NT admitted that they were ripping things off- Oh, sorry, "basing themselves on" movies and other things. And Tameem is known for trashing games a minute then saying they're excellent the next.

Also, I'm pretty sure this isn't a topic about stating your opinion about Asura's Wrath being better than other games. Especially when you say to give this game a chance before judging it, yet now you claim a game that hasn't even come out (Oh, and it's an angry-as-hell-on-steroids God who wants vengeance. I believe you mention a game of similar storyline after the several ">"s?) superior to others. But whatever, I'll stop, I don't want to go off-topic.
Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 17:29   Link #563
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh I'm still giving it a chance, its just that its not so interesting anymore.. unlike Asura's wrath which looks pretty damn interesting still.

Also.. what's got your panties in a bunch...

and the >'s kinda ment my interest atm.. er I ment to put bayonetta at the end of that list, God of War is.. eh now, never was interested in Bayonetta.. Right now Asura Wrath and DMC are my most interested games. besides the ones coming out soon. like Dark Souls, Skyrim.
Old 2011-09-23, 23:40   Link #564
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
it was a bad game :3
I think you're getting my coment in the wrong direction, I mean that i found quite hilarious the fact that this guys are copying several elements from Bayonetta into DMC when they said Bayonetta was a "not so good" game, so.... I'm not sure where are they going.

Quote:
Bayonetta?... Original? ........
In gameplay? Yes, never saw those mechanics before (timewitch, punishment attacks, dual system of change and combine weapons and the way the magic bar works)
In design? Totally
In story? First time I see the ANgels being the bad guys and the demons being the good guys, so it is original.

Quote:
the story and characters? Not so much.
You realise Byaonetta is a fanservice game, right? It's main atractive outside the gameplay is Bayonetta's ass, it's like Dead or Alive or that games about samurai chicks who slay zombies or that upcoming Chainsaw Lollipop, just bring an absurd plot in the middle and focus on showing the girls. :3

Altough, I mus defeer with you in one thing, Bayonetta's characters have personality, really good and defined personality, mor ethan I can say from this new Dante.

Quote:
We don't have much details abut the story so I don't think we could say that.

Quote:

Quote:
and the >'s kinda ment my interest atm.. er I ment to put bayonetta at the end of that list, God of War is.. eh now, never was interested in Bayonetta.. Right now Asura Wrath and DMC are my most interested games. besides the ones coming out soon. like Dark Souls, Skyrim.
Old 2011-09-24, 00:05   Link #565
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
In gameplay? Yes, never saw those mechanics before (timewitch, punishment attacks, dual system of change and combine weapons and the way the magic bar works)
In design? Totally
In story? First time I see the ANgels being the bad guys and the demons being the good guys, so it is original.
Err, actually those elements already existed before, is how they were used together that was errh new so to say, and yeah it had a kickass design but angels being the bad guys has happened way before Bayonetta.

Quote:
Altough, I mus defeer with you in one thing, Bayonetta's characters have personality, really good and defined personality, mor ethan I can say from this new Dante.
Now let's try to be fair here, we can't say much about the new Dante because we haven't seen all the story, yes the design gives us an idea, and yes the few glimpses of personality are not the best but the same I could say about BAyonetta before I played, so don't judge before time.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 00:18   Link #566
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Err, actually those elements already existed before, is how they were used together that was errh new so to say, and yeah it had a kickass design but angels being the bad guys has happened way before Bayonetta.
Honeslty I can't recall another game with those mechanics type things (like activating small low-time periods after dodging an attack in the exact time, avoid being hurt and taunt/evade enemies to fill magic bar of bringing weapons in both legas and arms).

Ad for the angels, I can't think in another game which presented the angels this way.... in fact, the enemies in this DMC look awufully similar, these monstruous thinsg hidding inside statue -types armors.

Quote:
Now let's try to be fair here, we can't say much about the new Dante because we haven't seen all the story, yes the design gives us an idea, and yes the few glimpses of personality are not the best but the same I could say about BAyonetta before I played, so don't judge before time.
Hmmm... I kinda agree and not, I'm not judmental but what I saw in the DMC trailers do tell a lot about this new Dante's personality, in fact, many people complained about how much this new Dante's personality was diferent from the Dante we all know and love)

And to Drop the Bayonetta subject, it is a good game but I agree it is very overrated, good game but not the best game out there, my problem here is that DMC remind sme a lot to Bayonetta, which I find quite absurd from the Ninja Theory developers conciderating how much they criticed Bayonetta.
Old 2011-09-24, 06:46   Link #567
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

There wasnt any ANGELS in DMC4 but they did think they were angels. so angels being bad isnt SO original. plus the whole giant savior boss fight both had and yes I know its a fanservice game, which is why it got more sells than it might have gotten if it wasnt so much.

by the waaaaay Evil Rick...

back to DMC, I'm still mostly interested in the story rather than the gameplay.

I just hope they REALLY don't try to make fun of the older DMCs or use some old lines from them.. it'll only give them worse rep from fans.
Old 2011-09-24, 08:44   Link #568
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
^well, they're technically demons but they do look like angels.

also there's this enemy on DMC3 as well that looks like an angel (the one where you need to take out the light first before you can kill it)

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 10:58   Link #569
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome

Send a message via MSN to Player
Quote:
I just hope they REALLY don't try to make fun of the older DMCs
Where were you during all of Tameem's interviews about Dante's redesign? He's bashed the older DMCs like hell.
Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 04:04   Link #570
Sides

Kind of a confirmation that this Dante and the game takes place in a parallel universe, source siliconera.com.
I think the team up with marvel kind of inspire capcom to do this kind of weird stuff now. RE: Operation Raccoon City is also a non-canon, or parallel universe theme thing. I guess any existing IP outsourced to western devs takes place in a parallel universe.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 06:08   Link #571
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Capcom did that to ease the backlash on the westernized games. Most especially DmC who has the biggest backlash in gaming history.
Old 2011-11-02, 20:00   Link #572
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Extended TGS 2011 Trailer:

Strange... I thought Dante got a minor revision in his appearance back then (his necklace and also pants/shoes), but it seems that they revert back to the previous design in this trailer (at least his necklace). Might be because of the confirmation of the story being non-canon.
Old 2011-11-02, 20:15   Link #573
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Extended TGS 2011 Trailer:

Strange... I thought Dante got a minor revision in his appearance back then (his necklace and also pants/shoes), but it seems that they revert back to the previous design in this trailer (at least his necklace). Might be because of the confirmation of the story being non-canon.
His guns are named Ebony and Ivory now?
I thought it was named err.... Vices and Virtue if I remember correctly

if his sword suddenly got the name Rebellion, I don't know what would happen

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 22:21   Link #574
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

His guns have been named Ebony and Ivory since the first game.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 00:58   Link #575
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

"You don't F#@% with a god" Somethin tells me that's vergil -_-
Old 2012-01-24, 12:20   Link #576
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

man... there are alot of negative replies here...

I admit that this Dante looks emo/stupid but i like the gameplay, it might be sowhat slower then the previous ones but i'm lookin forward to it.

PS. There was a news that some hardcore fans sended deathtreats to NT doh...
They're going a little overboard dontcha think?

Last edited by DaRk HuNt3r F4n; 2012-01-24 at 13:28.
DaRk HuNt3r F4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 13:55   Link #577
PringlesXD
Delicious Can of Chips

Send a message via MSN to PringlesXD
Should it even be called Devil May Cry 5?
I mean, it's a reboot with a lot of different stuff.
PringlesXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 13:58   Link #578
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PringlesXD View Post
Should it even be called Devil May Cry 5?
I mean, it's a reboot with a lot of different stuff.
well, it should but think about this:

if NT change the name DMC to something else, then the fans will whine that its a DMC rip-off while actualy this a DMC game is. Snappie?
DaRk HuNt3r F4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 01:25   Link #579
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
His guns have been named Ebony and Ivory since the first game.
and take note in all the DMC games E&I had that engraving "For Tony Redgrave" which takes us to the pre-DMC origins the novel where he got the guns from Nell.

This time around E&I hangs from a bra....

ALSO....

It shouldn't be called a DMC5 because it's not the numbered game series nor is it canon to the original Japanese made DMC games.

I got alot more reason to give, but I'll just be ranting so I'll leave it at that.
Old 2012-03-08, 22:20   Link #580
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

LOL!!!!

Damage control.

With his words he's obviously lying. Pretty arrogant and pathetic....

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...look-like-him/