AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-24, 10:31   Link #19861
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Yeah..... Jager or Bermuda Vs. Aqua and let see who win (the KHR guys)
Let's not drag this discussion too far away, and I'm sure Tsunade didn't want to be rude either so I'll try to be blunt.
TAMNI is filled with guys with hax and broken. Basically, the current trends in brute power in this verse is planet bursting (not counting the possible galaxy to universe introduced in the most recent volume) accompanied with crazy stuffs like OHKO abilities, damage nullification abilities, reality breaking abilities, nigh-omnipresence-like abilities, incomprehensible abilities, immortality(?), etc ...
Even Acqua, who's a Supercool Superhuman badass that I'm gar for, is just a middle tier. He might have been the boss of an Arc, but he's far from being one of the big bosses (and BTW, Acqua would curbstomb Jagger easily >.>)
Old 2012-09-24, 15:44   Link #19862
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No, he didn't get his hand cut off, it was smashed into pieces.

It wasn't by a Valkyrie, it was the Magic God Othinus.

Yes, the pieces sort of reattached itself and grew back.
Actually, it was crushed off at the wrist by Othinus then reattached and healed itself.
Old 2012-09-24, 17:21   Link #19863
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Let's not drag this discussion too far away, and I'm sure Tsunade didn't want to be rude either so I'll try to be blunt.
TAMNI is filled with guys with hax and broken. Basically, the current trends in brute power in this verse is planet bursting (not counting the possible galaxy to universe introduced in the most recent volume) accompanied with crazy stuffs like OHKO abilities, damage nullification abilities, reality breaking abilities, nigh-omnipresence-like abilities, incomprehensible abilities, immortality(?), etc ...
Even Acqua, who's a Supercool Superhuman badass that I'm gar for, is just a middle tier. He might have been the boss of an Arc, but he's far from being one of the big bosses (and BTW, Acqua would curbstomb Jagger easily >.>)
very true ... but even then if i was the badest dude in this story (Aogami Pierce) I'd still never mess with Acqua ... I mean the guy doesn't care how strong he is or his oponent is, he just sees the stuff that needs doin and people that need killin and gets it done. That's freakin scary now matter how you look at it.
Old 2012-09-24, 17:27   Link #19864
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Actually, it was crushed off at the wrist by Othinus then reattached and healed itself.
You know I was confused because I thought that the mysterious power in Imagine Breaker, which made Fimma look insignificant, would be beyond probability and not affected by Othinus' power.

Does this mean that Othinus could have beaten Fiamma when he absorbed Imagine Breaker?
Old 2012-09-24, 17:37   Link #19865
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No, he didn't get his hand cut off, it was smashed into pieces.

It wasn't by a Valkyrie, it was the Magic God Othinus.

Yes, the pieces sort of reattached itself and grew back.
That's not quite right either.

His wrist was crushed to the point that his hand deattched.

Fiamma and Ollerus then placed the hand back on the wrist/arm, and it reattached itself.

Because IB is apparently part of Touma's harem.
Old 2012-09-24, 18:26   Link #19866
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Just remembered a canned joke I had about that scene. During the Ollerus and Othinus confrontation, tentacles grow out of Touma's arm and reattaches itself to the severed limb. Of course, only Fiamma sees this and gets freaked out.

The punchline, as I recall: "What do you mean it's not normal?"
Old 2012-09-24, 18:56   Link #19867
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Does this mean that Othinus could have beaten Fiamma when he absorbed Imagine Breaker?
It would be a 50/50 chance. Othinus's chance to win is completely unrelated to her enemies power level. Even Aiwass would only have a 50/50 chance (as far as we know)
Old 2012-09-25, 01:35   Link #19868
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

^ Yeah, that's pretty much what I got from Othinus' ability. It's all a matter of probability with her ability.
Old 2012-09-25, 08:36   Link #19869
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This might not be the right place to ask this, but I'll go ahead:

With Index and Railgun handled by J.C. Staff, which animation studios do you guys think will handle Kamachi's other works the best?

For me,
Heavy Object will always be best handled by Sunrise. Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon is a big sign that they can handle decent comedy and action, and they can do the CGI very well. J.C. Staff, however, has also shown that they can be competitive in their use of CGI, especially in Railgun's Large Weapons. Another plus to Heavy Object being handled by J.C. is the infamous scene with Saiai and Hamazura concerning A Certain B-Grade Movie. On the other hand, I don't want Satelight to handle this one. They've already integrated box-shaped navies in Muv-Luv, and I don't want Milinda-hime's Object to turn out as a huge jawbreaker at a distance!

The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage, I think can be handled quite nicely by A-1. They have shown their ability to capture fantasy-themed scenery on Sword Art Online, and their choice of using vibrant colors would suit the series' comedic theme. I do consider either ZEXCS or Xebec as a possible candidate as well, because you know... that particular Swiss knife with a kinky attachment...

The Zashiki-Warashi of Intellectual Village... hmm, I don't know how I should see Zashiki-Warashi as an animated series. I'm thinking of either P.A. Works' lush scenery and the ability to handle fanservice scenes, or Silver Link's more artistic approach to animating scenes (although I know that they can handle conventional storytelling too). Either way, they have shown through Hanasaku Iroha and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia that they can give our Zashiki-Warashi MC justice.

• And last, but not the least, A Simple Survey might end up as a series of OVA or ONAs by SHAFT. I think the quirkiness of each of the many short stories in this series would suit SHAFT's equally quirky way of handling series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-09-25, 08:40   Link #19870
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Honestly, I was under the impression that JC Staff is going to monopolize that entire Kamachi franchise and that is already a done deal.

Though with the exception of Heavy Object, it's far too early to start planning for the other series... And I'm more than certain Survey is never going to be an Anime
Old 2012-09-25, 09:05   Link #19871
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Well, SHAFT has managed to get away with nudity because of their style.
I wonder how they will handle that "ninja dressed only with a transparent raincoat" part?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-09-25, 09:28   Link #19872
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

I reckon JC staff gets a bad deal most of the time. Their pacing may be off the grid but their animation has always been relatively consistent.

Bad pacing I can deal with, but ugly animation turns me off a show straight away.
Old 2012-09-25, 09:40   Link #19873
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
Bad pacing I can deal with, but ugly animation turns me off a show straight away.
Bad animation is bad.. but bad pacing can just lead you off into a world entirely it's own..

The thing about pacing though, usually abrupt or truncated stories have to do with budget and 1/2 cours decisions vs. studio quality so I kinda get your point.. I think..
Old 2012-09-25, 10:43   Link #19874
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

For me,
Heavy Object will always be best handled by Sunrise. Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon is a big sign that they can handle decent comedy and action, and they can do the CGI very well. J.C. Staff, however, has also shown that they can be competitive in their use of CGI, especially in Railgun's Large Weapons. Another plus to Heavy Object being handled by J.C. is the infamous scene with Saiai and Hamazura concerning A Certain B-Grade Movie. On the other hand, I don't want Satelight to handle this one. They've already integrated box-shaped navies in Muv-Luv, and I don't want Milinda-hime's Object to turn out as a huge jawbreaker at a distance!
Sunrise's Studio 8.

Quote:
The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage, I think can be handled quite nicely by A-1. They have shown their ability to capture fantasy-themed scenery on Sword Art Online, and their choice of using vibrant colors would suit the series' comedic theme. I do consider either ZEXCS or Xebec as a possible candidate as well, because you know... that particular Swiss knife with a kinky attachment...
JC Staff could do that and A-1 as well.

Quote:
The Zashiki-Warashi of Intellectual Village... hmm, I don't know how I should see Zashiki-Warashi as an animated series. I'm thinking of either P.A. Works' lush scenery and the ability to handle fanservice scenes, or Silver Link's more artistic approach to animating scenes (although I know that they can handle conventional storytelling too). Either way, they have shown through Hanasaku Iroha and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia that they can give our Zashiki-Warashi MC justice.
Unless you want butchered (and swaped events) material like Baka Test or original anime scenes deviating from the source like Tasogare. So between those 2 I choose P.A.W.

Quote:
• And last, but not the least, A Simple Survey might end up as a series of OVA or ONAs by SHAFT. I think the quirkiness of each of the many short stories in this series would suit SHAFT's equally quirky way of handling series.
Not bad, is enough weird for them.
Old 2012-09-26, 19:17   Link #19875
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Back to Othinus vs the holy right, isn't the holy right the worse enemy of othinus power, Othinus is based on luck and holy right is suppose to bring luck to its user.

The same reason Touma bad luck make him a easy target.
Old 2012-09-27, 13:57   Link #19876
Breidaluk

Othinus is still human, right? What define a magic god is the ability to create magic at god's level so she can be defeated if Touma manages to get in contact with her. Maybe that was the reason she decided to remove his right hand first.

Oh! And there is a difference between "the power" inside Touma X Fiamma and "the power" inside Touma X Othinus: he passed out before getting in contact with that power.
Old 2012-09-27, 15:20   Link #19877
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Othinus is still human, right? What define a magic god is the ability to create magic at god's level so she can be defeated if Touma manages to get in contact with her. Maybe that was the reason she decided to remove his right hand first.

Oh! And there is a difference between "the power" inside Touma X Fiamma and "the power" inside Touma X Othinus: he passed out before getting in contact with that power.
What makes you say the power is different? It has been hinted that the power may be sentient.
Old 2012-09-27, 17:51   Link #19878
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Back to Othinus vs the holy right, isn't the holy right the worse enemy of othinus power, Othinus is based on luck and holy right is suppose to bring luck to its user.
Othinus power is not chance. Kamachi has truly purposely not shown what she is capable of doing when she actually uses magic, so saying how it fares with other powers is a definitive no go.

It's like saying that Touma's only power is bad luck and nothing else.

Also, by Kamachi's usual logic the next "big class villain" totally outclasses the previous ones by far; there is nothing to hint that that Othinus is going to be an exception to that (and it evens seems that it's going to be hard to surpass when we get down to it).
Old 2012-09-27, 18:46   Link #19879
Miraluka
Banned

And Fiamma actually has a handicap wihout his right arm.
Old 2012-09-27, 19:07   Link #19880
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lets just say the Fiamma isn't exactly in his 'True Final Boss' form anymore.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen