AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-02, 00:54   Link #1
pluto1969

Interesting art styles

I'm not too knowledgable about anime. I have only recently been getting really into it. I was wondering if anyone could recomend any animes with interesting themes or artwork.

Anime's I like which I think have interesting artwork are Blood: last vampire and this other production I.G. anime I forget the title to. Also this anime I believe is called comedy It is about this guy called the black samurai if anyone's seen it.

Anime's with interesting theme's I have seen recently are Death Note ( <3 !!! ) and Bartender, though I'm not sure yet why I like Bartender so much (????)

Thanks in advance for what I am sure will be some great suggestions.
Old 2006-12-02, 01:25   Link #2
ShufangYinSoo

do you prefer old anime or new anime?
Old 2006-12-02, 01:26   Link #3
kayos
Banned

Check out these movies, they're visually entertaining with a good story if that's what you're into:

Karas
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
R.O.D. (ova)
Cowboy Bebop

Last edited by kayos; 2006-12-02 at 01:40.
Old 2006-12-02, 01:30   Link #4
jedinat

Yeah, Karas is very pretty. (and not a movie)

If gore doesn't bother you, check out Hellsing (2006).
Old 2006-12-02, 01:39   Link #5
kayos
Banned

Yeah Hellsing Ultimate's really good
Old 2006-12-02, 01:45   Link #6
ShufangYinSoo

I think pluto's lookin for something less known. Look at the titles listed. Hellsing and Bloodlust were pretty good though.

By the way, has anyone seen this comedy anime pluto's talking about?
Old 2006-12-02, 01:48   Link #7
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShufangYinSoo View Post
I think pluto's lookin for something less known.
Well, he did say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto1969 View Post
I'm not too knowledgable about anime. I have only recently been getting really into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShufangYinSoo View Post
By the way, has anyone seen this comedy anime pluto's talking about?
I did. It's a short one episode ova.
Kigeki (Comedy)
Old 2006-12-02, 01:50   Link #8
kayos
Banned

Yeah, Comedy was a one episode show done by studio 4c. Never saw it though.
Old 2006-12-02, 01:58   Link #9
ShufangYinSoo

Wow, it was pretty cool. Guess I can't be of much help though. I have only seen a few anime with cool animation like that. There is one by production I.G. (the same people who did the anime in the first kill bill). The story is sort of boring and generally predicatable.

It takes place during the Heian period in Japan. The entire anime is in watercolor cept for when there is fire and blood. Looking back I guess the art was more interesting than the story definitely. Otogi Zoshi is the name. I don't recomend the anime, like I said, for the story. So just check out an ep or two for the art, kinda cool.
Old 2006-12-02, 02:18   Link #10
ImClueless
Rawr

Kemonozume - Most atypical anime art I have seen.
Old 2006-12-02, 03:42   Link #11
ShufangYinSoo

paranoia agent, i put it in your other post
Old 2006-12-02, 04:31   Link #12
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

If you like Death note i think it might be worth it to give Higurashi no Naku Koro ni a go. Monster as well.
Old 2006-12-02, 04:34   Link #13
ShufangYinSoo

studio 4c? they are great.
Old 2006-12-02, 04:38   Link #14
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

XXXHOLiC would be my pick for you . Its art style is unique and leans more towards pop art . The chracters have a unique feel to them

I had written a reveiw about in my Blog Journal I would like to share it with you

Quote:
I finally finished watching XXXHOLiC movie and anime. . What to say it superceded my expectation . Well anything involving the extra-ordinary interests me and well the supernatural part was the calling.

When you start watching it the unconventional art i.e. pop art style catches your eye .After a few episodes you get used to it and that becomes its unique co-efficient of the series . The anime is not about spirits as you are lead to believe but about human cynicism and grotesqueness in nature. The anime deals about the different mask we all wear and the underneath that mask is pure evil. It deals with inconsistencies in human nature with Spirits as the general theme.

The story is unique about a teenager named Watanuki who sees ghosts / spirits and cant do anything about them/toremted by them .Eccentric as the character is the circle of people who surround him make him look normal . One day by chance he comes to meet a strange lady named Yuko who has the ability to grant wishes not materialistic though. She clears Watanuki's problems and in return employs Wtanuki as shop help .From there the adventure called XXHOLiC starts. Yuuko by general appearance is a alcholic narcissist yet charming personality .Beyond her exterior of buffoonery lays a very wise woman who knows exactly what she is doing. Watanuki respects her later becomes her follower as this story unfolds. The humor is subtle and dark but always brings a smile on your face.

The others characters they are plenty there is Doumeki who is quite aloof strange class mate. Watanuki believes Doumeki is vying for his crush's Himawari and regards him as a foe. The characters are very interesting and very well developed as story progresses. The chemistry between Doumwki and Watanuki is indeed fun and the high point at times. The protagonist may be eccentric but within him he has a heart of gold and has a habit of helping people tormented. Also Yuuko's shop has its own share of characters the soulless twins who speak in unison Then their is Yuuko best friend and drinking buddy Mokona .who also is a plush

The Movie...Well its confusing for a non XXXHOLiC watcher .It released way before the Series but there is lot of potholes as there is no character background. The thing about the movie that takes your breath away is the art... The art is in its own league; never have I witnessed such detailed animation. The anime is inferior in art compared to the movie .But the movie was a launching pad for the anime .and well it did the job pretty well
There is this new Anime called Tokyo Tribes very urban ghetto style of art do check it out Tokyo Tribes 2
Old 2006-12-02, 14:37   Link #15
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

I always thought Beck had a Unique artwork.
Old 2006-12-02, 15:34   Link #16
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Paradise Kiss is pretty unique, both in artwork and story. If you like the artwork in that, go watch Hataraki Man, which is currently airing and is very good so far.
Closed Thread