AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-03, 23:58   Link #12521
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
It certifies that a specific approach is taken to verisimilitude, which is important for analysing it. The story isn't set on a specific date because a typhoon was there at the moment and plot needed it -- the date was selected for some other reason, or randomly, and the typhoon is there at the moment because the plot needs it, and is believable because it's that time of the year when they do show up.
Spoiler for Being an author:
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 00:17   Link #12522
chronotrig

Unless Ryuukishi expects us to look up the weather around a fictional island, I don't think prying quite that closely has much significance. After all, the Ushiromiya family exists in that world (though not in real life), so many minor factors must be different from ours. There's absolutely no reason why the weather must have been exactly the same in the story world and the real world. Phases of the moon are one thing, but weather patterns are a lot less stable.

Heheh, Kakera theory... For example, in Higurashi, the weather wasn't the same in all worlds.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 00:51   Link #12523
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Unless Ryuukishi expects us to look up the weather around a fictional island, I don't think prying quite that closely has much significance. After all, the Ushiromiya family exists in that world (though not in real life), so many minor factors must be different from ours. There's absolutely no reason why the weather must have been exactly the same in the story world and the real world. Phases of the moon are one thing, but weather patterns are a lot less stable.

Heheh, Kakera theory... For example, in Higurashi, the weather wasn't the same in all worlds.
It works for Author Theory too. The writer's just a hack!
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 02:44   Link #12524
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
The storyline gets what the storyline wants.
Oh, it always does, that's a given. The important bit is whom does it torture and kill to get it first and whether anything is sacrificed to it deliberately.

Quote:
Unless Ryuukishi expects us to look up the weather around a fictional island, I don't think prying quite that closely has much significance.
You don't know until you pry, now I know exactly what he didn't look up.

Oh, and the time of the arrival of the typhoon in Umineko is different by 1-3 hours between games, as far as I can see. Actual rain is always the same.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 05:38   Link #12525
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator

So I'm going on my adventure of re-reading all the chapters, and I was wondering if anyone familiar with the Japanese text could tell me if the epitaph gives any indication of what type of object is supposed to be sacrificed for the twilights. I ask cause Shanon looks incredibly suspicious when she initially suggests that the epitaph is disturbing for sacrificing people. As far as I can tell in English, the epitaph does nothing to suggest this...
delita-umw- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 08:46   Link #12526
B.kun

My friends, this is amazing, we have new spolers of EP7, but these are really awesome and I really did not expect it.

Spoiler for new portrait and op movie:
B.kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 08:52   Link #12527
littlegal100

woah! that looks pretty awesome!
littlegal100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 08:56   Link #12528
imaginari
Purupurupiko-Man

Location: My beloved hometown, the mackerel river running through it
Wild guess on the new portrait: either young Kinzo and Beatrice (the original, not the one on the island) or, not kidding, young Genji and Kumasawa.
imaginari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 09:04   Link #12529
littlegal100

Someone posted the OP for EP7 on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDRwpLENSqo

Spoiler for OP7:
littlegal100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 09:07   Link #12530
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginari View Post
Wild guess on the new portrait: either young Kinzo and Beatrice (the original, not the one on the island) or, not kidding, young Genji and Kumasawa.
It certainly looks like Kinzo and the original Beatrice. They made young Kinzo look pretty cool.
Old 2010-07-04, 09:46   Link #12531
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It works for Author Theory too. The writer's just a hack!
Actually the author theory assumes there's a real world and all the others are fake, while in the many-world theory there is no particular kakera who's more real than the others.

Anyway the new characters look extra cool!
But I'm not falling for this again! Everytime Ryukishi shows us new characters everyone start speculating about who they can be among the ones we know already.

So Erika was said to be Bern, asumu, natsuhi and so on, and Hachijo was said to be Asumu or kumasawa or Kinzo's wife.

So I'm gonna say that these new guys are just new guys! And the male one is probably Light.

Considering their appearance, expression and positions in the two images, they are probably colleagues or have a similar relationship. They have different styles and behaviors but they are together for a purpose.
They might be witch hunters or detectives in the real world.

The fact that Zepar and Furfur are seen at the sides of the two and with an apparently satisfied expression could mean that love blossomed or is going to blossom between the two. Alternatively they might have found the trick that Zepar and Furfur hinted so much in EP6

The fact that they appear in a portrait can only mean that they are going to become territory lords of the gameboard, at least temporarily. So far it's always been like that:

Suit Beatrice as soon as she arrives in Rokkenjima
Eva-Beatrice as soon as she succeeds Beatrice
Erika as soon as she's made Game Master by Bern
Battler from start since he became Game Master in EP5

Now it would be a lot strange if this pattern was broken.

PS: It can't be Kinzo. He met Beatrice after the war (1945+) he was already on his 40 at that time

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 09:50   Link #12532
luckyssol

http://freetexthost.com/y4gfyakng0

Last edited by luckyssol; 2010-11-30 at 20:38.
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 09:54   Link #12533
Rias

While young Kinzo and Beatrice is a very likely possibility, the first thing I thought of when I saw the portrait is "Beautiful George and Jessica!?". Then I saw the package, and thought "nah...".
Old 2010-07-04, 09:57   Link #12534
chronotrig

I've got to go with the obvious here. It looks like we're finally getting the story of Kinzo and Beatrice 1 (of course, still very dubious at this point). The fact that there is a story to tell would be interesting enough in itself. If this really is what the portrait means, I imagine it's like the 'Krauss is a moron' scenes of EP5, where the basic outline is possible to guess but more details exist to make it into a full story.

Still, if this is Kinzo and Beatrice 1, that might explain the last scene of EP6, where Bernkastel started her game by placing a Beatrice piece on the board in the queen's spot. If this game has something to do with how "Beatrice" was created, then it sounds almost certain that we'll get either a confirmation or a denial of Shkanon...or at least, the new evidence will probably end up favoring one of the two.

Pointless speculation, finished ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Actually the author theory assumes there's a real world and all the others are fake, while in the many-world theory there is no particular kakera who's more real than the others.
Not necessarily. There could be one final kakera chosen at the end, or it might be that the goal of the game is to find a kakera that existed since the beginning.

Old 2010-07-04, 09:59   Link #12535
Gohda
Magical Gohda Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
While young Kinzo and Beatrice is a very likely possibility, the first thing I thought of when I saw the portrait is "Beautiful George and Jessica!?". Then I saw the package, and thought "nah...".
My first thought was a younger Kinzo and the original Beatrice as well. But seeing as how my character speculation has up to this point proven to be quite unreliable, I'm gonna go with the idea that they're both new characters.
The male one looks pretty cool, like one of those characters that's gonna help save the day in the end (like Akasaka from Higurashi).
Gohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:00   Link #12536
luckyssol

Quote:
PS: It can't be Kinzo. He met Beatrice after the war (1945+) he was already on his 40 at that time
Unless the original Beatrice is Kumasawa.
Old 2010-07-04, 10:02   Link #12537
Krystalwitch
07th Expansion&Touhou Fan

Quote:
I've got to go with the obvious here. It looks like we're finally getting the story of Kinzo and Beatrice 1 (of course, still very dubious at this point). The fact that there is a story to tell is interesting enough in itself. If this really is what the portrait means, I imagine it's like the 'Krauss is a moron' scenes of EP5, where the basic outline is possible to guess but more details exist to make it into a full story.

Still, if this is Kinzo and Beatrice 1, that might explain the last scene of EP6, where Bernkastel started her game by placing a Beatrice piece on the board in the queen's spot. If this game has something to do with how "Beatrice" was created, then it sounds almost certain that we'll get either a confirmation or a denial of Shkanon...or at least, the new evidence will probably end up favoring one of the two.
I truly believe that at this point, talking about Kinzo and Beatrice would be pointless. And the new guy doesn't resembles much Kinzo, IMO. THey seem more like 1986 characters or 1998.

But I believe the new characters are "Natsuhi's son", IMO, the Battler that was born from asumu AND Asumu herself.

Knowing that both Ange and Battler are red-haired and they weren't born from Asumu sorta denies that Asumu has red hair. Or at least it's not assured. She could perfectly be blonde.
Krystalwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:02   Link #12538
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yeah Okay if "Beatrice" is a fake personality that was born out of Kumasawa then it can work XD

Those two do have pretty much the same age. But I'm pretty sure the guy isn't Kinzo and the girl isn't Beatrice. It looks like I'm the only one 'though :3

EDIT: nevermind Krystalwitch also thinks so about Kinzo...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:02   Link #12539
chronotrig

Quote:
Or if you turn it around, if it is Kinzo, it means the opposite. You might remember me speculating that Kinzo knew Beatrice when he was young, and that his forced marriage to his wife split them apart. That way seems to fit the pattern of the game better.

Old 2010-07-04, 10:03   Link #12540
DgBarca

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegal100 View Post
Someone posted the OP for EP7 on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDRwpLENSqo

Spoiler for OP7:
This OP make me sad...because it is the "last" OP....TTT___TTT
And bomb theory confirmed again (Ho hi Dlanor)...it also looks like Battler will be the only survivor...
Those two new characters...I am pretty sure...and almost sure that they are Beato PARENTS...Virgilia keeps calling Beato "this child" after all...

But it look very powerful for a bomb....

Ho, the two could also be Asumu and Maria's father......just kidding...
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote