AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 16 15.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 20.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 25.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 7.62%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.95%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.95%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 4.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-11, 22:00   Link #181
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
What "character interaction development?" At the end of the episode, and all the way through it, nothing has changed; Mikoto is still rejective of Kuroko's advances, Kuroko is still Oneesama-obsessed, Uiharu still looks up to Mikoto, and Saten still gets along with them. There's no development on any level or in any form.
I think while episode 1 was a better version of chapter 1, the second half of this episode was more meaningful in the chapter 17 of the manga.

Entirely due what had happened in the previous chapters and the segment of chapter 17 that lead to the having to clean the pool.

In this episode Kuroko is a spoiled brat who can't cope with Mikoto becoming friends with her friends. Or manage to act friendly to those friends. In the Manga she had more reason for getting herself into a state over her doubts and while logic on planet Kuroko is still bent wildly out of alignment with reality, there were more signs of self awareness and extenuating factors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namihana View Post
It's not impossible. A lot of girls from the series have fallen for Touma so...I wouldn't rule out Kuroko yet. Yet.
I think I'd rather see her fall for Style Magnus. Or Accelerator. Or 19090.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 23:15   Link #182
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
So Kuroko, after some arc in future, falls for Touma. I can see it now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namihana View Post
It's not impossible. A lot of girls from the series have fallen for Touma so...I wouldn't rule out Kuroko yet. Yet.
Quote:
Second that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
+3
Touma = capturing god???
I can see the ending.
then, all the sudden, Touma looks much sexier than Accelarator,
complete with the flying rose petals
Spoiler for *cough* a harem girl's vision *cough*:
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 23:41   Link #183
b0nyb0y

Though in the first ep. the "ojou sama" misconception already started to crumble, I feel that it's really this ep. that brought the girls closer to one another.

During the time when they were looking at Mikoto photo album, besides Moe overloaded, the part that I really interested me was when Saten realized that Mikoto started out from Level 1 just like anybody else. To me, this fact alone is quite significant. For one, it means that when those scientists asked for her DNA to create MISAKA network, she was still at Level 1, so it's kinda puzzling how they chose her over the rest of the Level 1 children in the city. Second, I believe this realization will bring more of Saten development. From the very start, it seems Saten's been giving herself excuse that she's stuck at Level 0 because others are just gifted. Knowing that Mikoto becomes who she is from hard work, such excuse is now being nullified. Thus, by knowing this fact, besides making herself looking at Mikoto in a new light (and relate to Mikoto better), it also put her self-awareness into a new perspective as well.
b0nyb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 00:07   Link #184
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
then, all the sudden, Touma looks much sexier than Accelarator,
complete with the flying rose petals
I gotta admit, I kinda like the way Touma looks there better; he seems too much of a spikey-head in his final character design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nyb0y View Post
During the time when they were looking at Mikoto photo album, besides Moe overloaded, the part that I really interested me was when Saten realized that Mikoto started out from Level 1 just like anybody else. To me, this fact alone is quite significant. For one, it means that when those scientists asked for her DNA to create MISAKA network, she was still at Level 1, so it's kinda puzzling how they chose her over the rest of the Level 1 children in the city. Second, I believe this realization will bring more of Saten development. From the very start, it seems Saten's been giving herself excuse that she's stuck at Level 0 because others are just gifted. Knowing that Mikoto becomes who she is from hard work, such excuse is now being nullified. Thus, by knowing this fact, besides making herself looking at Mikoto in a new light (and relate to Mikoto better), it also put her self-awareness into a new perspective as well.
I thought that was the same for everybody; Uiharu got chewed out by her teachers in episode 1 for not having grown past level 1, which suggests that Espers start out there and work their way up. All Espers probably start out at level 1, then grow from there. (or at the very least, it's just normal, with few exceptions like maybe Accelerator) Otherwise if they're just born at a certain level of power and stay there, there'd be no point in holding regular scans.
Old 2009-10-12, 00:38   Link #185
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
fufufufu, I saw an ilustration of Touma wet in the novel thread and he looks more sexy in that way

Quote:
More impressive is the case of a Lvl.0 who grew up to Lvl.5
Well, the lvl. 6 project started years later, the scientists choosed her because they already had her DNA, and ask Accelerator or the N°2 to get their DNA is a big risk(of the scientists lifes).
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 01:04   Link #186
scr
my sides are in orbit

Son, i'm disappoint.

Spoiler for eps02:
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 01:34   Link #187
b0nyb0y

Quote:
I thought that was the same for everybody; Uiharu got chewed out by her teachers in episode 1 for not having grown past level 1, which suggests that Espers start out there and work their way up. All Espers probably start out at level 1, then grow from there. (or at the very least, it's just normal, with few exceptions like maybe Accelerator) Otherwise if they're just born at a certain level of power and stay there, there'd be no point in holding regular scans.
Yeah, the point is that Mikoto isn't all high-and-mighty genius who falls into that "few exceptions". Knowing that Mikoto isn't part of that group helps Saten dispelling her misconception regarding Mikoto -- and that's pretty much what I was trying to say.
Old 2009-10-12, 01:42   Link #188
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Yeah, the point is that Mikoto isn't all high-and-mighty genius who falls into that "few exceptions". Knowing that Mikoto isn't part of that group helps Saten dispelling her misconception regarding Mikoto -- and that's pretty much what I was trying to say.
Well I know what you meant but that had already been done; Uiharu and Saten had already realized Mikoto wasn't a high-and-mighty rich girl and was cool in episode 1.
Old 2009-10-12, 03:27   Link #189
b0nyb0y

Quote:
Well I know what you meant but that had already been done; Uiharu and Saten had already realized Mikoto wasn't a high-and-mighty rich girl and was cool in episode 1.
The first episode covers the part about Mikoto being down-to-earth and friendly despite her ojou-sama status. It's just that the second ep. built on that about Mikoto being who she is through effort and started climbing from Level 1 like most students. The two realizations are related for sure, but that doesn't mean all is explained in the first ep. IMO.
Old 2009-10-12, 04:43   Link #190
Joe_fh

When the scientist asked Misaka for the DNA she wasn't a level 1 anymore. She started from there but she worked hard and advanced quickly. She was a level 5 when they cloned her - otherwise there would be no point in doing that since they needed 128 real level 5s like her in oreder to "level up" Accelerator. If they could have gone with 128 level 1s or even 3 they wouldn't have cloned anyone. They would have just found some kids and tossed them at Acc.

And from all the level 5s Accelerator is the strongest so he's the easiest to level up I guess. That's why they chose him.

And about the episode - they're focusing on things that aren't really that important. Sure maybe they're doing that for the people that have never watched anything related to these characters but still. They're developing those relationships way too much. I mean they knew each other at the start of the manga. Here the timeline and events are quite mixed and out of order.

And episode 2 actually didn't show anything. But I like tha characters so I really don't mind it for now.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 05:16   Link #191
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Spoiler for Index spoilers:

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-10-12 at 14:33.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 05:23   Link #192
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
Son, i'm disappoint.

Spoiler for eps02:
You've had a clingy perverted lesbian?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 05:26   Link #193
darkmaster074
------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
Son, i'm disappoint.

Spoiler for eps02:
i agree with you
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 05:29   Link #194
Joe_fh

Spoiler:

Last edited by Joe_fh; 2009-10-12 at 18:47. Reason: Index Spoiler
Old 2009-10-12, 05:34   Link #195
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Spoiler for Index spoilers:

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-10-12 at 14:33.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 05:58   Link #196
Joe_fh

Spoiler:

Last edited by Joe_fh; 2009-10-12 at 18:48. Reason: Index spoiler
Old 2009-10-12, 06:35   Link #197
Mentar
Banned

To make it short and sweet: Funny episode on its own which was completely misplaced as episode 2. Why? Because this is when you're supposed to make your case for the plot of your show. Instead, we got sidetracked.

In the manga, this episode was placed in between two main arcs, and this is where it belongs. Kuroko's antics, the further development of the connection to Uiharu/Saten, and Mikoto's rejection of Kuroko's lewd-yuri attacks while at the same time displaying affection and appreciation for her anyway.

My heart is bleeding for Kuroko a bit. Why? Because overall, she is much more than just the hardwired oneesama fetishist. She's smart, capable and brave _in addition_ to her yuri fixation, but episodes 1 and particularly 2 reduce her to the latter.

I sure hope that beginning with ep3, we're delving into the level upper arc without turning Kuroko (who in my opinion is the MVP and real star of the Railgun franchise) into more of a mere caricature than they already did ^_^;
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 07:15   Link #198
Joe_fh

I agree with Mentar. But from the preview of the next episode it doesn't really look like something major will happen next episode. And if it's indeed only 12 episode long I don't really like that idea.

Actually most of the first arc is based around Kuroko and Uiharu. Misaka is still the main character but much more development in concentrated on those two. We still got a lot of action frm Biri-Biri though especially at the end. Either way it's a fact that they're misplacing episodes and kind of turning this into a yuri fanservice anime. Especially on Kuyoko's part.
Old 2009-10-12, 07:33   Link #199
Namihana
Soul Driller

I'm guessing they're putting all the story that has nothing to do with the main arc in the first few episodes. If it's really all just 12 episodes, then putting all those things first, then the main arc later.

Railgun only has one arc...right?
Namihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 07:56   Link #200
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Not a bad episode. Odd placement, but I liked the build on the development started in episode 1. Saten-san is still my favorite of the girls; at this point I doubt that'll change.

Moment of the ep: Saten looks up Uiharu's skirt to calm herself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
the OP seems to show no villains, is this series simply slice of life story of the 4 girls?
As a non-manga reader, I am baffled how you thought this. There's a clear person they're intending [me] to think is the villain from the OP, I think. The fact that said character has yet to show up in an episode proper yet...

I'm getting impatient to actually see some more of the people in the OP besides our ensemble protagonist (it doesn't seem like this is about just Ms. Railgun, or even Kuroko and Railgun).