Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-19, 07:49   Link #41
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
but he can adopt some unusual kicks and punches right?
Kicks maybe not punches, he doesn't punch, it's all about the kicks with Sanji, altho he is adapt at using knifes thats only in very certain circumstances.

If Sanji does learn some Okama kenpo then I can only hope he kinda makes it his own and not be so Okama. I got nothing against the Okama way but Sanji is a man of the gentleman's way and it should stay that way.

I really liked this chapter, Robin's bit was really quite nice. Her smile is devilishly cute
Brooke was just lol, I've never thought anyone could power up by changing their angle at which they lean against a wall
Old 2010-08-19, 09:24   Link #42
Principalities

Robin, Franky & Sanji seem to have the best training arcs so far.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:46   Link #43
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"Bone to be wild"

Brook and Franky were just hilarious in this chapter. Hmm, I still wonder what Robin's training will be exactly.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:56   Link #44
Wrath88
Kissing...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. That was my reaction on reading Franky's section. Lucky I was in my room, or I'd draw attention. Anyone find it funny that the captain looks like a gorilla (and called one too), and that he thinks a cyborg gorilla caused the thing to blow up?

Here's my rundown so far:
Nami-Increase her experience with New World weather, she might actually be able to manipulate that kind of special weather with a new Clima-Tact
Usopp-TBH, I'm kind of interested in seeing how he'll improve as a sniper. It can't just be due to ammo-types, or he'd run out eventually (can't tell though, this is a manga series, people survive technically fatal injuries, so unlimited ammo's not far off)
Zoro-He might train with Mihawk, he might not. We haven't seen his 'flashback' yet, so dunno for sure.
Sanji-I'm willing to bet his dodging will improve. As for new techniques, that's hard to say. But the cooking thing will be a great help
Chopper-New Rumble Ball->New transformations, better medicine
Robin-Another hard to tell case. She might learn more from Dragon, but can't say anything specific about that.
Franky-He's a cyborg, on the weapons lab of a guy who builds cyborgs. If not for the insane strength of the people in this series, he'll eventually become a war machine.
Brooke-Music improvement, perhaps. The third hard to tell case.
Old 2010-08-19, 11:31   Link #45
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Well, from what I understand, Brook gave up on the 40 degrees, right after he saw he can't do it, in order to sing better (so it was just a joke).

I do remember him playing a song and his opponents calming down or falling asleep, though I can't remember which episode it was (and was it ever in the manga?).

So maybe he'll learn some trance music tricks , and do battle like Apoo (and possibly with him, Macross style ).
Old 2010-08-19, 12:10   Link #46
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Perhaps Brook will pick up some techniques similar to the ones Apoo uses, and to facilitate that he might run into Apoo while he's at the longarm tribe. No idea how Robin is supposed to get more powerful, but if she participates in battles of the revolutionaries that will give her more battle experience.
Old 2010-08-19, 14:34   Link #47
trafalgarcito

whaeteria is controlled by the wind...that just means its revolutionaries property..

about ammo for ussop it was mencioned it was plants so he has infinite supplies if he learns to grow it on the sunny....(plants v/s zombies against moria???)

about zoro: what would his flashback be? luffy only brought his swords back at the beggining, that is not something to drop a tear for....
Old 2010-08-19, 14:56   Link #48
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by trafalgarcito View Post
whaeteria is controlled by the wind...that just means its revolutionaries property..

about ammo for ussop it was mencioned it was plants so he has infinite supplies if he learns to grow it on the sunny....(plants v/s zombies against moria???)

about zoro: what would his flashback be? luffy only brought his swords back at the beggining, that is not something to drop a tear for....
It has already been mentioned, but my money would be on the moment where he declares he would never lose again after Mihawk cut him down.
Old 2010-08-19, 17:55   Link #49
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

LMAO at Bone to be Wild.
Old 2010-08-19, 22:22   Link #50
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
^Sanji-kun is a man, he'll never learn Newkama Kenpo or become anything remotely close to an okama... His challange to defeat all the Newkama Kenpo masters (and being hunted day and night by okamas) was specifically because he didn't want to learn Newkama Kenpo.

As marvelB said, I think it'd cheapen Zoro's progress if he received training from his ultimate goal.
That being said, the marine doctor who confirmed Coby's Haki said that it usually takes long years of training to pull out ones Haki and I expect that Zoro (who trains harder than anyone and has fought constantly for a long time) and Sanji (after he has (hopefully) defeated the 99 okama masters) will learn to utilize Haki.

While that is an interpretation that comes easily to mind to us readers, do you think Luffy would count on all his crew knowing the ritual the marines perform every year? Nami and Robin probably know of the ritual, but I wouldn't expect the rest of the crew to know of it.
I still hope zoro won't learn haki. I hope it's some other swordsman magic technique or method instead. Although zorro's breath technique does resemble haki aspects : foreknowledge of where the rocks will drop and being able to hurt things that normally can't be hurt
Old 2010-08-20, 00:30   Link #51
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

I don't think Zoro is going to get any other "special" power up other than improving his skill. I don't think he is going to learn how to cut "the intangible" or whatever, but I do think he's going to learn how to use haki. Haki is basically "presence" and whatnot, correct? Zoro already has a menacing presence and I think he will develop into a character much like Rayleigh skill wise (with his haki). Their personalities are somewhat different but I think he's going to be similar to what we saw of Rayleigh in the rookie massacre; he's still going to improve butt loads. So far, the only way to combat a DF user is with Haki. Zoro, despite some people's objections, will learn it :'( When he returns and Rayleigh is there, I'm betting Rayleigh will comment on how much he's grown and test him in some way.

I also am rethinking what the "message" meant. I think that the 1 year idea sounds plausible and is more likely than 6 months as i previously said. Still not two years though
Old 2010-08-20, 00:58   Link #52
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I'll throw in a spanner and claim that 16 rings = 16 years

it fits because it will let the other rookies (and coby) grow and it takes some of the older people like Rayleigh, Garp out of the way. It also allows for a new pirate age to fully blossom
Old 2010-08-20, 01:02   Link #53
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

^ As much as I'd like to see Luffy as an adult instead of a teenager, I seriously doubt that.

But hey, as much doubt as there is there's still a good enough chance that it's right.
Old 2010-08-20, 01:36   Link #54
marvelB

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
I'll throw in a spanner and claim that 16 rings = 16 years

it fits because it will let the other rookies (and coby) grow and it takes some of the older people like Rayleigh, Garp out of the way. It also allows for a new pirate age to fully blossom

No, no, no..... you've got it all wrong! It's obvious that 16 rings actually means 16 days....... at least as far as the rest of the Straw-Hats are concerned. For Luffy's case, Rayleigh's gonna have him train in the Room of Spirit Ambition and Time so he can properly master his king's Haki (while taking the occasional break to eat meat and hump some Kuja chicks). After completing about 20 years' worth of training (which would equate to about 3 full days in real-world time), Luffy will not only have planted his seeds in the entire Kuja tribe, but he'll have become strong enough to smack around Akainu with his little rubber member!
Old 2010-08-20, 01:47   Link #55
james0246

^Luffy can stretch and inflate, so nothing stays little on him for long...

That being said, I do think the time is 16 days. If every other main character in the current WSJ line-up can receive massive power-ups in days (if not hours), why should Luffy be left in the lurch? Especially considering how unrealistic the series is to begin with. This is simply another issue where the previous 15 years of training were all leading up to the solid 2 days of training the MC needs to master a new power-up (which can then be used as training to master eventual power-ups in the future).
Old 2010-08-20, 01:58   Link #56
Boduar

I dont think in travel time 16 days is long enough for them to reunite though after they finish training. I am pretty sure some of them are not even in the grand line anymore and unless they all learn how to imitate Kumas power its going to take them at least a few weeks to get back to Shabondy.
Old 2010-08-20, 02:34   Link #57
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
16 monthes seem to make sense.
Old 2010-08-20, 03:42   Link #58
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Luffy can stretch and inflate, so nothing stays little on him for long...

Ah yes, of course, a Gear 3 Gomu Gomu no cock-slap..... there's definitely no coming back from one of those......

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, I do think the time is 16 days. If every other main character in the current WSJ line-up can receive massive power-ups in days (if not hours), why should Luffy be left in the lurch?

Maybe...... because it would be less cheap that way?

And again, I just feel that Naruto and Bleach are poor examples to use when it comes to training arcs. I mean, in Hunter x Hunter it took Gon and Killua a few months to master the basics of Nen (true, they picked up on certain aspects quite quickly, but it still took a few months for them to learn it overall), so I don't see why Luffy should rush in order to control his Haki. After all, it's just like Law said last chapter: It's not like the One Piece is going anywhere anytime soon......
Old 2010-08-20, 05:51   Link #59
Distinction

It cant be 16 days. Just the time to gather would take more. Luffy dont know where all the Shs are, so he wouldnt give them such a small time to gather. They looked all relaxed in the sence of not going back to comfort Luffy after Ace death but rather take there time to train.
Old 2010-08-20, 05:52   Link #60
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
No, no, no..... you've got it all wrong! It's obvious that 16 rings actually means 16 days....... at least as far as the rest of the Straw-Hats are concerned. For Luffy's case, Rayleigh's gonna have him train in the Room of Spirit Ambition and Time so he can properly master his king's Haki (while taking the occasional break to eat meat and hump some Kuja chicks). After completing about 20 years' worth of training (which would equate to about 3 full days in real-world time), Luffy will not only have planted his seeds in the entire Kuja tribe, but he'll have become strong enough to smack around Akainu with his little rubber member!
you mean his seeds would have grown up and all possess kings haki. He then leads them around the world and triumph over every one by a mass collective haki burst that can knock out any one?
Closed Thread