AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-17, 19:41   Link #61
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Well :heh if only he was a main character ..
But I know Kaname was hurting in ep 11
Old 2008-06-26, 23:34   Link #62
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I dont think VK can throw anything at me that will make me go wtf anymore
Both Kaname and Zero dies and Yuuki ends up with her human, girlfriend (and you can interpret 'girlfriend' either way you like ).

Meh, could happen and it would be a wtf?

Hahaha...seems like I rant and rave about Kaname in the manga thread but not here. XDD

Oh wait, let me just say that Kaname is a quiet, reserved character that one cannot read his thoughts or emotions all that well - so that sort of distances a lot of people from liking him. He is the type of individual that you need to watch carefully, analyse, work hard to understand before you can truly appreciate him. He seems like he can hold himself together quite well but really we get hints on how much he's hurting - with regards to Yuuki, I would say Kaname is hurt more than Zero.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-06-27, 00:24   Link #63
King Lycan
*IT Support

Of course he is Yuuki is giving her blood to that emo zero If i was kaname i would erase Zero from Yuuki's memory and then kill zero
Old 2008-06-28, 09:28   Link #64
Graus
grumpy guy in #mirrormoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Of course he is Yuuki is giving her blood to that emo zero If i was kaname i would erase Zero from Yuuki's memory and then kill zero
Heh, that is bit harsh dont you think?
Old 2008-06-29, 19:51   Link #65
arsinoe74

After reading through different VK forums.It seems that majority predicts that Kaname is the one, likely to die to make this story tragic. He does have the aura of a doomed hero.Taciturn and lonely, He keeps things to himself and refused to share his burden with anyone unless absolutely necessary(like with Zero,because it is necessary to save Yukki).His obssession to protect Yuki at all cost.His past crimes, specially the killing of another pureblood which foreshadow an ominous future. He's my favorite character and after reading those post. I cant help but feel sad. I do hope that if ever he is going to die, That Miss Hino will give him a hero's death fighting to the end,strong, courageous and majestic.Protecting the one he loves,knowing that he was and is loved,not only by Yukki but by his supporters as well...That he'll die with a peaceful heart, without remorse,knowing his sacrifices were worth it...Pardon the soap opera post. I just have to let it out.

Last edited by arsinoe74; 2008-06-30 at 02:18. Reason: grammar
Old 2008-06-29, 23:41   Link #66
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

One thing will be certain though, if Kaname ends up dead at the end, he'll be the one most remembered and talked about I'm sure.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-06-30, 05:25   Link #67
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

so were saying kaname-senpai will be much talked about if he
die? LET HIM DIE!! LOL~ joke
i dont want that!! Kaname should end up with yuuki...
Old 2008-07-03, 02:18   Link #68
Procris

I love Kaname as a character. Hes just so mysterious. I find myself more intrigued every episode of the anime, although not much really happens with his character until episode 12 -13. I don't read the manga but i can already predict really the outcome of this story and it'll be a sad one for Kaname i'm sure, as the story seems more focused on Zero being the "hero" sadly. Yuuki has had the small child hood crush on him but her feelings for Zero seem a lot stronger at this point.

Kaname doesn't strike me as an evil character. Hes obviously got some very clear goals set and is/will do anything to achieve them, like killing a pureblood and taking her power (which is ultimately all for Yuuki i assume) but honestly, so far in the anime hes not hurt any innocent humans and has protected the peace at the academy.

Yeah.. not much else to say, i just hope they don't kill him off by the end of the series, that would suck!
Old 2008-07-03, 07:31   Link #69
Hyda
Suffering Princess

I'm a huge Yuuki x Kaname fan. I've been cheering those two on since the beginning. >w<

After all, all Zero gets from me is sympathy. D: - which soon died away when

Spoiler for Yuuki's form:
Old 2008-07-03, 09:12   Link #70
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Procris View Post
I love Kaname as a character. Hes just so mysterious. I find myself more intrigued every episode of the anime, although not much really happens with his character until episode 12 -13. I don't read the manga but i can already predict really the outcome of this story and it'll be a sad one for Kaname i'm sure, as the story seems more focused on Zero being the "hero" sadly.
I won't spoil it for you but i'm just gonna say that Kaname is one of the main charas and you'll get to see a lot more about him in the second season. {well i guess it will follow the manga}
Old 2008-07-03, 19:53   Link #71
Azrac
Berserker

Kaname is the reason im still reading/watching this manga/anime,even though he will be probably the tragic hero in the end.His character gives to this manga/anime ''life'' with every move of kaname this manga becomes interesting.I just can't stand the clumsy zero.
Old 2008-07-03, 22:07   Link #72
SaitoO9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razziell22 View Post
I don’t really like Kaname character archetype in triangles like this.
Agreed... i also don't like Kaname>_>
Old 2008-07-04, 01:34   Link #73
King Lycan
*IT Support

I used to dislike Kaname ..but after reading the manga..he's fucking awesome XD
Old 2008-07-05, 05:48   Link #74
gabbytay
Banned

If he was the main character instead of Yuki then the chances of him becoming Yuki's LI will be 100% too bad this is shoujo. <_<
Old 2008-07-14, 02:14   Link #75
Lady Tsukiyomi
Chasing the clouds...

Send a message via AIM to Lady Tsukiyomi Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Tsukiyomi
I like Kaname too...at first I was skeptical about him and his motives because he was so mysterious. However, as the manga progressed, you saw more of his character come to light and began to understand him more. Now, I think he is awesome...but I have a bad feeling about what is going to happen to him in the manga. D: I know that is kinda pessimistic to say but like others said before, he carries too many burdens on himself. >___<
Old 2008-08-08, 21:11   Link #76
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Kaname is the best character in the show. What he sees in Yuuki is beyond me. I thought i would like Zero's character more than Kaname but as time went on he just annoyed me "KILL ME YUUKI!

¬__¬ should have done us a favour.
Old 2008-08-10, 00:05   Link #77
ChocolateSwirls

Kaname has alot of patience.. even though Yuuki isn't his real sister
Old 2008-08-10, 01:31   Link #78
Ithonya

I dislike Kaname very much. To mean he's just another Yuki (From fruits basket) He's just another pretty boy who is considered perfect. He's been manipulating everyone from the start and it pisses me off. He's always putting Zero down or doing/saying something offensive to him.

It's his turn to get slapped in the face.
Old 2008-08-10, 04:06   Link #79
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithonya View Post
I dislike Kaname very much. To mean he's just another Yuki (From fruits basket) He's just another pretty boy who is considered perfect. He's been manipulating everyone from the start and it pisses me off. He's always putting Zero down or doing/saying something offensive to him.

Quite ironic since Kaname himself doesn't even care about his own power. I cant even remember Kaname saying anything thats w/in the lines of what you've just said. All he cares about is Yuki. Now if only Kaname could forget all about yuki and hook up w/ Ruka then i'll be happy. Or that blue haired girl who i cant remember her name whatever. Either way would be fine. Cause all shoujo lead girls are annoying.
Old 2008-08-10, 19:30   Link #80
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithonya View Post

Let me first state that Zero is not a poor character, not in the least! He has many good qualities and that is a fact. But Kaname is also an honourable, loyal, and compassionate person himself. He's just a bit harder to understand. Most people seem to only see his actions as being manipulative but, really, in his situation and given his objective, his actions are mere intelligent, strategic decisions for the better of his kind, relations with humans, and especially for Yuuki.

The situation in VK is not like being Superman where you protect your girl by fighting "bad guys". It's a touchy, scheming, political war between and within vampires, vampire hunters, and humans.

With many people harping how Zero cares for Yuuki more than Kaname, then tell me what exactly has Zero done FOR Yuuki (equal to what Kaname has done for her)? - aside from making her cry, worry, risk herself by offering him blood, and (one other major thing that I won't mention because it's a major manga spoiler).

The major difference between Kaname and Zero (for me) is that Kaname actually takes action to achieve his goals, while Zero just wallows in self-pity, talks about revenge but doesn't make any intelligent plans to accomplish it. That is Zero's setback for me.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Closed Thread