AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-06-29, 02:07   Link #21
Entropy
Flame warrior

I'm tempted to add "Homeworld 3" to the list...

But the situation is still too fluid to truely add that in.I'll add it in anyway though.

Spoiler:

Wow,that was a really long spoiler thing,you've been warned .

Last edited by Entropy; 2004-06-29 at 02:47.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 10:52   Link #22
Mcdonalds

Hahhah, nice on the Homeworld spoiler! However, not sure if it counts as graveyard as a few people still play it (not enough though)!, Starcraft - Brood War. (prefer it without brood war though). That game is still legendary. Its the only game where you actually have to build different units and adapt in order to win the game against your opponent depending on race/unit they building etc. 3 different races which are totally unique from each other in the way they build/mine/fight etc. How can it be better. Graphics were top notch for its release date and it was even the best place to game in terms of servers for its time. Even the Cinematics are comparible to present day ones. Its storyline itself was very original and unique. War 3 maybe have the 'superior' 3D graphics (in my opinion is sucks) but in terms of RTS strategies, SC is the best out of all the ones i have played although TA did rock as well. Can't wait til SC 2 is out if it is anything as good as SC.
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 01:26   Link #23
Entropy
Flame warrior

But HW3 will never come,that's the point.

How do you play a game that hasn't even been worked on yet?
Old 2004-06-30, 01:33   Link #24
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banisher
I have to say "All the adventure games that LucasArts canceled". They were like the king of the adventure game, with hits such as Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max Hit the Road, the Secret of Monkey Island serie, etc. I have lots of memories of those games when I was kid. When Monkey Island 3 was out, I feared the spirit would be lost, and it was a great game, as funny as its predecessor. I still didn't play the fourth.

I know they had few projects, but they canceled them, because adventure games were not selling enough on PC. Probably because people wanted more Quake / Warcraft clones.
Another Classic Adventure game fan...I was so depressed to read that LucasArts cancelled S&M 2 so far down the line, hell it was just about ready to go into final beta testing stages when they did do it To state that there's no market for adventure games is like saying there's no market for anime...it may be small, but there IS a market there. I swear...stop thinking about money and get back to your roots LA...you had great games

Of course, let them slap out another lower quality Monkey Island game and have them say that they are commited to the genre...

Another franchise that is now dead is the Command & Conquer series....THANKS EA, YOU ROCK! :fingers:
Old 2004-06-30, 08:04   Link #25
_12_
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to _12_ Send a message via AIM to _12_ Send a message via Yahoo to _12_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy
I'm tempted to add "Homeworld 3" to the list...

But the situation is still too fluid to truely add that in.I'll add it in anyway though.
Hmm... been wondering, are you a Relicnews member? if not join us at www.forums.relicnews.com, we've been discussing if there will be a HW3... and I am sad to say that there's only little hope for the game to exist... anyway...

My hopes are high for Diablo III... but there's a little chance for this game to exist... oh well...
_12_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 13:08   Link #26
Entropy
Flame warrior

I hate to tell you this but I've been a relicnews member for years now,and was lurking for years more.

So I'm ahead of ya by a few years .

How do you suppose I got the passion to write all that?
Old 2004-06-30, 13:35   Link #27
DukeGaladrien
Hopeless Baseball Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to DukeGaladrien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
I'd like to pay a tribute to a game that will probably never see the daylight...

Total Annihilation 2

Total Annihilation was a great game (I still play it to this day with some other freaks) and Kingdoms was also good. Secretly I hope that someday someone will anounce that they have been working on TA2 for years now, and that it will come out this year.....Ya right....
Kingdoms was an interesting game. I don't think it sold that well, but it had a different feel than most RTS's, which was nice. The King units and summoning in all your units and the way resourcing worked was quite fun, along with your units (and defensive structures) becoming "gold" as they gained a lot of kills.

A good friend of mine and myself had many a long night squaring off in that game.
DukeGaladrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 07:36   Link #28
ÜberJumper
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to ÜberJumper Send a message via AIM to ÜberJumper Send a message via Yahoo to ÜberJumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy
I hate to tell you this but I've been a relicnews member for years now,and was lurking for years more.

So I'm ahead of ya by a few years .

How do you suppose I got the passion to write all that?
you're a relicnews member?, nice to meet you..., but I also hate to tell you that im ahead of everybody(interms of posting and member years).

uber
ÜberJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 09:54   Link #29
Scy

Without a doubt, Duke Nukem forever is the laughing stock of the PC gaming industry. Who would have though that the forever in Duke Nukem forever will have such a meaning?
Half life 2 has the potential to become another Duke Nukem forever. My feeling is that after seeing Far Cry which has better graphics than HL2, Valve might have decided to redo the game from scratch the way they did for HL.
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 13:05   Link #30
Entropy
Flame warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜberJumper
you're a relicnews member?, nice to meet you..., but I also hate to tell you that im ahead of everybody(interms of posting and member years).

uber
I know that already Uberstalker
Old 2004-07-09, 18:04   Link #31
Goshzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy
Without a doubt, Duke Nukem forever is the laughing stock of the PC gaming industry. Who would have though that the forever in Duke Nukem forever will have such a meaning?
Half life 2 has the potential to become another Duke Nukem forever. My feeling is that after seeing Far Cry which has better graphics than HL2, Valve might have decided to redo the game from scratch the way they did for HL.

Any game that takes more than four years to develop, will have problems(with a few exceptions). When did they start on Duke Nukem Forever? Like 1997? It's been seven years now, and nothing.

There was supposed to have been plans by Interplay to create a sequel to the early pc game, Wasteland. I forgot the title, but Fallout eventually became an unofficial spinoff of Wasteland.

Sega's game designer Yu Suzuki said that the Shenmue series would be a total of seven games long. The second one has been completed, but I doubt they will make it beyond that.
Goshzilla is offline   Reply With Quote