AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-23, 14:31   Link #21
Miyukichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Really? I'd think Noda would be something like: "You bastard! You think you can just go up and hug Yurippe like that?"

Oh, and Otonashi's harem: consists of Yuri, Kanade, Hinata...
Mostly Hinata though.
Let's add Naoi to the list.
Jokes aside, the most obvious coupling that's appeared besides Otonashi x Tenshi is Hinata x Yuri. It just fits in so perfectly..
Old 2010-05-23, 16:03   Link #22
dynastus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyukichi View Post
Let's add Naoi to the list.
Jokes aside, the most obvious coupling that's appeared besides Otonashi x Tenshi is Hinata x Yuri. It just fits in so perfectly..
Hinata x Yui fits even better.
But Yui should just play ŽKiss - I was made for loving you' for Hinata...
And then some nice fan-service
Old 2010-05-23, 20:03   Link #23
Dark Wing

I have a little theory on how Hinata may have died...

Spoiler for Hinata's possible death:
Old 2010-05-23, 20:07   Link #24
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I have a little theory on how Hinata may have died...

Spoiler for Hinata's possible death:
Seems like a good possibility. When Isawawa was top of her singing career she had a stroke and lost hope and died. When Yuzuru was going into college with great grades his life was taken away.
Old 2010-05-23, 20:09   Link #25
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Seems like a good possibility. When Isawawa was top of her singing career she had a stroke and lost hope and died. When Yuzuru was going into college with great grades his life was taken away.
I wouldn't call what Iwasawa had a "career." She was basically singing on street corners just so people could hear her play.
Old 2010-05-23, 21:22   Link #26
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I wouldn't call what Iwasawa had a "career." She was basically singing on street corners just so people could hear her play.
Well during her stroke she said she had a gig to play that night so she was getting noticed...Also this is kinda off topic...
Old 2010-05-24, 00:01   Link #27
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Maybe Hinata got hit in the head really hard... Or maybe he was mauled to death by Satoshi's metal bat.

Just saying. Both seem plausible to me.... Really.

Quote:
Well during her stroke she said she had a gig to play that night so she was getting noticed...Also this is kinda off topic...
This thread will detonate in 10 seconds.
Old 2010-06-05, 02:30   Link #28
Kotohono
Yuri ”'serator

Spoiler for Episode 10:
MAL
Old 2010-06-05, 02:48   Link #29
SolCiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Maybe Hinata got hit in the head really hard... Or maybe he was mauled to death by Satoshi's metal bat.

Just saying. Both seem plausible to me.... Really.

This thread will detonate in 10 seconds.
CURSE YOU HINAMIZAWA SYNDROME!!!
And it's been 10 seconds and still no boom ):
Old 2010-06-05, 07:03   Link #30
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
I think it's safe to petition a need to be another character definition added just because of this guy.

I wouldn't call label him a non - main supporting character as wiki have done. More like Shadow Protaganist. Or Second Protaganist?
He's just so awesome. He doesn't get as much screentime as Otonashi the main character but he's very much likeable companion who steals the spotlight often in a shown of epicness.

Honestly. There needs to be more characters like Hinata in anime shows. The "Hinata effect."
I call it now!

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2010-06-05, 07:34   Link #31
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Man, Key really blew me away this week with Hinata's character, I've always liked the character, but episode 10 showed me he wasn't just comic relief.
Old 2010-06-05, 15:34   Link #32
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
I think it's safe to petition a need to be another character definition added just because of this guy.

I wouldn't call label him a non - main supporting character as wiki have done. More like Shadow Protaganist. Or Second Protaganist?
He's just so awesome. He doesn't get as much screentime as Otonashi the main character but he's very much likeable companion who steals the spotlight often in a shown of epicness.

Honestly. There needs to be more characters like Hinata in anime shows. The "Hinata effect."
I call it now!
With just that last scene he outdone Yuzuru again. I like the term "Shadow Character" it has a better ring to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Man, Key really blew me away this week with Hinata's character, I've always liked the character, but episode 10 showed me he wasn't just comic relief.
That's for sure. Now Yurippe will have to put Tenshi, Hinata, and Yuzuru heads in a plate. Now I'm kind of curious which remaining allies Yurippe will have in the end. Who knows maybe Hinata will convince her to join them after the shadow incident.
Old 2010-06-07, 03:05   Link #33
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

In ep 10, can we really trust Hinata and what he said. After all he did the same thing to Kanede, just in a less dramatic and intense way.....

Old 2010-06-07, 05:23   Link #34
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
In ep 10, can we really trust Hinata and what he said.
About what he said? Not in the slightest!

I just goes to show you that he's there when a friend needs help - or a shoulder to cry on
Old 2010-06-07, 06:45   Link #35
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Funny, when i got home from work.
I have this kind of thought.

Hinata saying, "Keikaku Doori, now no one will be annoying me again after she's gone."
Old 2010-06-07, 08:36   Link #36
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Funny, when i got home from work.
I have this kind of thought.

Hinata saying, "Keikaku Doori, now no one will be annoying me again after she's gone."
Damit now you've reminded me of the Light vs Ray Pembar snow scene.
Old 2010-06-13, 14:20   Link #37
mayumi

the novel or manga make hinata seem like a shadow leader but anime never shows much of it. i find this suprising because hinata's personality is like 1000 times better than otonashi. also, if they really intended hinata's character to be so loyal to yurippe's they don't show much of it in the anime.

i know the anime isn't over but its so strange, do they plan on showing some flashback of how the team was formed or not at all? i guess its because the novel/manga develops hinata's and yuri's chracter interaction and partnership a lot better. what with hinata going about saying he will protect yurippe and how he will never leave her alone by herself and disappear, its kinda romantic(even if its not intended like that)

in episode 11 he just lets yuri be and not follow up with his promise. it was kinda sad because when you see the novel/manga it makes you wonder what changed in their relationship to the anime. also in episode 12 preview, maybe it was hinata's voice that says "i move only to save yurippe". i don't know i just wish they explored the hinata yuri's friendship more in the anime. i kinda sucks that they might now have yuri or hinata disappear not at the same time or not with each other.
Old 2010-06-13, 17:02   Link #38
caesarsalad
..is a work in progress!

Muuu...~ I personally think we can trust Hinata on his feelings for Yui.

I think Yuri and Hinata are more like trusted comrades-in-arms. Good friends~ XD They were the first two to meet, but the thing about Hinata confessing to Kanade (at least in the Light Novel version) is that Yuri suggested he do it... like she did to Ooyama XD I don't think it was truly from his heart. And I don't think Kanade would take it to heart (I think she'd only take Otonashi if anyone seriously...)

I dunno. The intensity Hinata showed Yui really shone through in my eyes. Although Yuri was quite the tsundere to Hinata at times, the only person he fought back with was Yui XD I don't think he'd be the type to promise to marry a girl just to fulfill her dream and make her move on to the next world and not do it. That would be...well, upsetting in my eyes, personally. I have always found Hinata to be a guy of integrity. When he's faking I think it's obvious XD But.. I don't think he was faking. I'd be sad if he was It would make me like him less...and I don't view him like that

Then again, I'm a Otonashi/Yuri and/or Noda/Yuri shipper. And obviously a shipper of another pairing XDDD
Old 2010-06-15, 18:40   Link #39
Key Board
Carbon

when Yuichi said he would marry Makoto in Kanon was he lying?

of course he was

but sometime white lies are necessary
Old 2010-06-18, 01:07   Link #40
caesarsalad
..is a work in progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
when Yuichi said he would marry Makoto in Kanon was he lying?

of course he was

but sometime white lies are necessary
XD That's also why I really did not like Yuichi.

Spoiler for Kanon Spoilers:

Tomoya, on the other hand..... never really fell prey to that, imo.

XD But, I guess I feel that way about Hinata because I wanna believe in him. It's my personal opinion I think he was serious, at least by my interpretation. Then again a lot of it is probably 'cause I've been in a situation like that in the past. Where some guy seemed and was genuine then later was like "OH IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR BELIEVING ME" so I would haaaaaate it if it were like that... even if it is a "nice white lie" ;____; Though this is anime, and is different. Ahh, personal bias~

Sorry for the ramble XDDD
Closed Thread