Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-10, 17:29   Link #341
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
the animation and crazyness are top notch. I just wish the humor was a bit better =/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& i hope it stays how it is. The humour is very much my taste, so i'm totally enjoying the hell out of this show.
For me, Nichijou's comedy is hit-and-miss. Some skits like notebook grand racing and cake roll arm are interesting; others like Mio's lucha libre sister and Misato's rocket gunfire barrage fall short of laughter. Overall, Nichijou is worth another look. Yet the laughter levels are far inferior to some other random and surreal comedies (like FLCL).
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 18:01   Link #342
mysterious

I know it bad, but I just think would it be funnier if when Mio is running at the speed of light stepping on the glass windows, one of the windows is left open?
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 18:32   Link #343
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
People still hating on KyoAni in this thread... wow...

You need to get over E8... stop worshipping Yamamoto (Fractale was boring as hell)... and get off of Shino nuts (he is great though.)

Nichijou is damn cute and funny... and the animation bar has been set pretty freaking high once again.
Did ANYONE hated KyoAni, flamed E8 or worshipped Yamamoto or Shinbo here?... I don't even know if you read anything people said... >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
As if it's that easy. In fact I'm ashamed to say I for years hadn't been able to tell the difference. You know it's because animation is part of direction. I don't have enough confidence yet. In this episode 2 too, episode director Ishidate put massive corrections onto the episode, so it's terribly hard to separate between animation and direction. I was like, what did Horiguchi do?
It's too easy to separate animation and direction. Animation is simple movement, which is directly related by budget and labour. Direction is the 'way' animation is constructed, which is totally dependent on conti/directors.

For instance, if weiner simply moves with amazing quality with huge amount of frame, that's quality animation'. If the way camera angle pans, BGM changes, use of slow motion, parody, certain style of animation made it interesting to watch and funny, that's a good direction.
Old 2011-04-10, 22:27   Link #344
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

I enjoyed episode 2 much more than the first. None of the skits in the first episode made me laugh, but I found most of episode 2 enjoyable and really liked the notebook and final segments.

The one thing I am kind of afraid of with this series is that there will be just enough entertaining parts that I'll keep watching, yet I will find most of the show unfunny and tedious.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 23:58   Link #345
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
The one thing I am kind of afraid of with this series is that there will be just enough entertaining parts that I'll keep watching, yet I will find most of the show unfunny and tedious.
That is a slight concern for me as well. The show is still a bit inconsistent in the comedy department. Though, like you, I like the second episode more than the first, and a majority of the skits are enjoyable as of now.

Hakase is the main reason I'm watching this; every scene with her is pure gold.
Old 2011-04-11, 00:39   Link #346
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mio's older sister sounded familiar. Who is voicing her?
Old 2011-04-11, 00:59   Link #347
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Tsundere with guns. I'm sold. Best series this season.
Old 2011-04-11, 01:23   Link #348
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I'm totally siding with the Yuuko camp with this show. Hakase and Nano is total moe-tron territory.

Yuuko is total Cromartie High level of epic failure and negative emotion made manifest. Looooove Yuuko!
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 03:42   Link #349
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I don't know what did i just watched, but i had good laugh at most of the jokes and that's all what mattered.

Bakery Nano and machine-gun-wielding tsundere are my favourite
Old 2011-04-11, 06:51   Link #350
MartianMage

Just watched ep2. Hmmm... it's not really working on me... didn't even bring out a chuckle in me <_<

1 more episode I guess before I decide to drop this.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 08:40   Link #351
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Tsundere with guns. I'm sold. Best series this season.
Thumbs up on that one
Old 2011-04-11, 09:27   Link #352
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Just watched ep2. Hmmm... it's not really working on me... didn't even bring out a chuckle in me <_<

1 more episode I guess before I decide to drop this.
Talk about a ... well I gues ppl really do have very different senses of humor.

About the release of the OP.

(In Japanese. Somebody DO translate the album listing)

TVアニメ『日常』OPテーマ・ヒャダインのカカカタ☆カタオモイ-C
2011年4月27日リリース!

人気ギャグマンガ「日常」が、あの京都アニメーション制作でアニメ化!
これぞヒャダイン!という楽曲で『日常』ワールドとしっかりコラボレーションしています!
京都アニメーションとヒャダイン、最高の楽曲を約束します!!

アーティスト:ヒャダイン

収録曲
1.ヒャダインのカカカタ☆カタオモイ-C
2.ヒャダル子のカカカタ☆カタオモイ-F
3.Choose me feat.佐咲紗花
4.ヒャダインのカカカタ☆カタオモイ-C (without ヒャダル子)
5.ヒャダインのカカカタ☆カタオモイ-C (without ヒャダイン)
6.ヒャダインのカカカタ☆カタオモイ-C (off vocal)
7.Choose me feat.佐咲紗花 (off vocal)
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 09:48   Link #353
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Did ANYONE hated KyoAni, flamed E8 or worshipped Yamamoto or Shinbo here?... I don't even know if you read anything people said... >_>
Please, with your Chiri avatar and obvious posts... can you even be more transparent?

Hating on Nichijou because you think the humor is "off" and clearly saying a studio like SHAFT could do better? Humor is subjective... but to be so overly negative... Buddy, you and your agenda are made of glass.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 09:50   Link #354
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

P.S. Nichijou in the manga < Nichijou with KyoAni

Just be thankful there's an anime for this. =3
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 17:42   Link #355
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

With six volumes out (and only one or two translated into English that I am aware of), this show could get weirder and weirder. Or it might get a set of plotlines for all I know. The show seems to be doing 3 bits from volume one and 1 bit from volume two each episode. They can probable do that for six or seven episodes at the most, then they'll have to move on to more of Volume two and volume three, four, five, and maybe eventually six (it came out with episode 00 last month).

But they have 26 episode to do this, so probably only volume 1 - 5, unless the short bits are also some of the chapters.
Old 2011-04-11, 18:02   Link #356
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Mio's older sister sounded familiar. Who is voicing her?
It's apparently someone called Kobayashi Motoko, and this is her debut.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 18:25   Link #357
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Weird. Guess she just sounded like someone else for a moment.
Old 2011-04-11, 18:44   Link #358
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Talk about a ... well I gues ppl really do have very different senses of humor.
As some people have already noted this series has a very hit or miss type of humor. So yeah while you're sitting there wondering why I don't find it funny I'm sitting here wondering why you find it funny.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 19:03   Link #359
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Please, with your Chiri avatar and obvious posts... can you even be more transparent?

Hating on Nichijou because you think the humor is "off" and clearly saying a studio like SHAFT could do better? Humor is subjective... but to be so overly negative... Buddy, you and your agenda are made of glass.
You obviously never read ANY of my article. I never said humour is off. I'm saying that humour is supposed to be funny, but direction is hindering effectiveness of humour, making it boring. Someone who mentioned Shaft for ep.2 first was omimon, not even myself. Seriously, if you can't read, stop calling anyone hater.

lol seriously. I never hated Kyoto Animation. I'm actually fan of them. I tried my best to portray my disappointment on Kyoani's direction skill, which I thought was extremely good in Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi. I also mentioned that there are some parts in Nichijou that is actually good. That direction kind of direction ISN'T showing in the most part of this series. That's my opinion, not hater attitude.

God, is discussion even allowed in this board? I simply said about my 'disappointment' on studio, and now I am 'HATER' of them? Jesus.
Old 2011-04-11, 20:01   Link #360
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
God, is discussion even allowed in this board? I simply said about my 'disappointment' on studio, and now I am 'HATER' of them? Jesus.
People react strongly to negative opinions, especially with a studio like KyoAni. You can ask Kaioshin. I don't think this differs according to what board you go to. In fact, I don't even think most of the board said anything to you.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life