Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2007-03-28, 05:36   Link #241
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker
It looks like the kind of game where you would spend an hour beating the story mode and then put down and never play again...
Not really, what makes this game popular is it supports netplay.
Although this is the first Tasofro title that supports netplay, it's netcode is pretty well made that you wouldn't experience any lag as long as you have anything better than ADSL which is nearing to become obsolete by now.

Add to the fact that the gundam game Omni vs Zaft doesn't support netplay unlike it's ancester, making Daybreak only one title in both PC and console that support netplay in something similer to OvsZ style.

Well, that's how it is in Japan, where most of players are concentrated in small island.
When we're talking about world wide players... well, I do not think it can pull out anything playable between countries.
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 06:13   Link #242
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Not really, what makes this game popular is it supports netplay.
Although this is the first Tasofro title that supports netplay, it's netcode is pretty well made that you wouldn't experience any lag as long as you have anything better than ADSL which is nearing to become obsolete by now.

Add to the fact that the gundam game Omni vs Zaft doesn't support netplay unlike it's ancester, making Daybreak only one title in both PC and console that support netplay in something similer to OvsZ style.

Well, that's how it is in Japan, where most of players are concentrated in small island.
When we're talking about world wide players... well, I do not think it can pull out anything playable between countries.
Besides all the fanservice with the voice actresses
Old 2007-03-28, 06:14   Link #243
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

humm, actually, it depends of the internet provider of the players.

i'm often playing netplay matches with Takemaru in finland, while i'm in belgium (this is quite a big distance if you ask me)
now, i didn't test any match with a US player, but i think it shouldn't be that laggy if the players setup don't suck too much.

in any way, US players or EU players shouldn't get severe lag troubles if they play with players of their respective continent
seriously, it IS playable (Currently, seeking for additionnal EU players currenlty, we are 3)

as for a for the solo gamelife, it is slightly like Mario party : playing alone isn't that bad, but doesn't give the full potential of fun this game has. (the computer difficulty cannot be changed yet, so for experts, they are quite easy after all)
The multiplaying side is quite great : netplay isn't the only solution, since you can play with 4 people or less on the same PC. (with a large screen, it isn't that hard, and it doesn't require much CPU ressource than solo VS Comp)

so, DB isn't really a game which you will pack into oblivion, until you are quickly fed up with this type of game.
Old 2007-03-29, 12:33   Link #244
mist_core

Sorry if this was answered before, but how similar are the anime series and the games? (The link posted in the first page of this topic is dead...)
Should I play all the arcs, or should I just skip all the way to Minagoroshi-hen because I've seen the anime series?
mist_core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 12:41   Link #245
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The anime has the core elements of the plot. it is up to you to skip to minagoroshi or play back.
however, if you have the ability to do so, i suggest you to read the original story. it shouldn't be that long if you are skipping the "deja vu".

considering the big chunk the anime skipped, playing the original VN wouldn't be a waste of time, IMHO
but, if you are really impatient, you can go to minagoroshi right away, meh.
Old 2007-03-29, 13:56   Link #246
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
(Currently, seeking for additionnal EU players currenlty, we are 3)
I'm getting the game tomorrow, so I could play with you if you don't mind a total n00b
Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 14:21   Link #247
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ hau hau, good news ^^
i guess i should make some more advertisement for netplay

Sweden heh? so i assume you are on GTM +2 (meh... +3 considering the Time Saving) ? it won't be really a problem, especially that easter vacations are pretty near ^^

and don't worry : this game might be ridiculously messed up first, but it is damn funny and not too complicated (though there ARE trick *grins*). you will only need like 3-5 days of playing to be accustomed of that.

anyway, this thread should be used for this purpose i guess (there isn't any big discussion on it anyway...)

i encourage people with the games to submit their availability or not ^^
it might be not really that convenient, but i assume we can set some contacts via IRC/Instant messengers.

EDIT : alright, i created an announcement here
i hope it will do something, but i fear the worst >_>

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-03-29 at 14:36.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 15:15   Link #248
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ hau hau, good news ^^
i guess i should make some more advertisement for netplay

Sweden heh? so i assume you are on GTM +2 (meh... +3 considering the Time Saving) ? it won't be really a problem, especially that easter vacations are pretty near ^^

and don't worry : this game might be ridiculously messed up first, but it is damn funny and not too complicated (though there ARE trick *grins*). you will only need like 3-5 days of playing to be accustomed of that.

anyway, this thread should be used for this purpose i guess (there isn't any big discussion on it anyway...)

i encourage people with the games to submit their availability or not ^^
it might be not really that convenient, but i assume we can set some contacts via IRC/Instant messengers.

EDIT : alright, i created an announcement here
i hope it will do something, but i fear the worst >_>
GMT +1, actually, if you don't think about timesaving. Same as Belgium.

[Edit]
Is it hard to navigate the game if you don't know Japanese?
Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 00:14   Link #249
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

not at all.
here is unvaluable wiki : http://ikusat.mac.org/higu/index.php/Main_Page
everything is translated, with screenshots.
unfortunately, there is absolutely no translaton for the gung oh speeches... not really a difficult japanese, still, it is too bad (SOUL BROTHERS !!)

you can also browse in this thread : there are several posts about DB, with some explanations in depth etc.
Old 2007-04-03, 20:42   Link #250
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Question: Is there a site that has translations of the Drama CDs?

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.
dspr8_rugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 21:46   Link #251
Deathwing
what do i know

is there anywhere i can buy a translated version of these games?
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 23:19   Link #252
MrZombie

No there's not.
MrZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 06:09   Link #253
chrno_the_sinner

You can however, buy the Kai game, then get the translation patch from HinamizawaClub, though it's still in progress.
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 21:23   Link #254
Shion's Sanity
Banned

There is a translation in progress for the first question arc-currently, there is a patch for the first three chapters, which can be applied to both the store version or the downloadable demo version.

I have a rather general series question. What exactly is the outline of Hinamizawa? I hear it's a village, but then I hear that Tomitake is staying in a place called Shishibone or something like that, and then there's Okinomiya. What are these places exactly, and how close are they to Hinamizawa?
Shion's Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 21:48   Link #255
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion's Sanity View Post
There is a translation in progress for the first question arc-currently, there is a patch for the first three chapters, which can be applied to both the store version or the downloadable demo version.

I have a rather general series question. What exactly is the outline of Hinamizawa? I hear it's a village, but then I hear that Tomitake is staying in a place called Shishibone or something like that, and then there's Okinomiya. What are these places exactly, and how close are they to Hinamizawa?
Hinamizawa = Village
Shishibone = City hinamizawa is in
Okinomiya = nearby city
Ibaraki = other city (or district, or prefecture, I don't know)
Old 2007-07-28, 00:30   Link #256
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Hinamizawa = Village
Shishibone = City hinamizawa is in
Okinomiya = nearby city
Ibaraki = other city (or district, or prefecture, I don't know)
Hinamizawa is a village name, Okinomiya is the name of the nearby town. Since Hinamizawa is a small village without essential municipal services of its own, it relies on Okinomiya for fuctions such as police, library, and social services.
Shishibone is the city that includes Hinamizawa and Okinomiya.
Shishibone is located in a fictional XX prefecture. The capital of the prefecture is Kokura.
The prefecture is next to Gifu prefecture, which is located in central Japan.

Ibaraki is a prefecture located in Eastern Japan, north of Chiba.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 19:40   Link #257
kitedragon

Wow, I never knew how popular the original Higurashi games were. In 2005, there were over 20,000 websites about it. It's amazing how much of a response one person can cause. And supposedly, everything in the Higurashi games are theoretically possible. Makes me want to get them when I go to Akihabara.
kitedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 23:02   Link #258
Danichuu

I downloaded the demo from the 7th Expansion site, containing Onikakushi-hen ^^;; But, does anyone know where I can get a good English patch for it?
Danichuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 14:59   Link #259
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danichuu View Post
I downloaded the demo from the 7th Expansion site, containing Onikakushi-hen ^^;; But, does anyone know where I can get a good English patch for it?
Nowhere...
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 17:43   Link #260
MrZombie

Well not no where., supergrunch at hinamizawaclub is translating chapter 4 as we speak and editing his intial translation of chapters 1-3.
MrZombie is offline   Reply With Quote