Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-11-06, 03:01   Link #21
blackjoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
lol wats that about? soz im not much of a movie person ^_^
oh wow someone doesn't know Scarface....where has this world gone...where i ask you! lol jk

But yeah i saw Revolution today too, it was awesome go see it stop posting here and go...omg ur still here....i hope you haven't read all of this...GEEZ! you just dont give you do you! lol
blackjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 03:07   Link #22
plasmasword001

Send a message via AIM to plasmasword001
I saw it today, and it does tie up alot of loose ends. But neither of the two sequals live up the the bar that the first Matrix set. The Matrix is a classic that will never be beat.
plasmasword001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 03:59   Link #23
Sukato
Kendo Fanatic

Ok, just got out...
For any normal non sci-fi person, this movie is easily one of the top. Ending was great IMO, though, it doesn't clear up everything (however a certain upcoming "game" might..though the game's own existance is a huge spoiler in itself..if you dont know what I mean dont bother to find out until you see the movie!).

Now, for any fan of Sci-Fi, this movie pretty much sets the definition on all of sci-fi. Remember your reaction to the first time you saw the final three-pronged battle in Return of the Jedi? Take that and multiply it by a good 5 or 10. This is THE best sci-fi ever created.

Now, the major reason why critics didn't like it : They felt that the movie was too overdone.

Going into the movie, I hoped that it would be. After all, the only reason why Reloaded was debatefully not as good as the first was because the intensity of the action and special effects wasn't as great. (I still enjoyed #2 more than the first myself though..used more brain cells to think about). Now this movie is nearly unmatchable in special effects alone, and the action is also hard to beat. In fact, the special effects and action here top even most ANIME, which is much easier to do for anime since obviously it's animated.

If you dont really like sci-fi, you must see this movie at least once.

If you kinda like sci-fi, watch it the first weekend and another time later.

If you Really like sci-fi, dont hesitate and go buy a ticket as soon as you read this post. You may be waiting for the latest Naruto episode to be released, but Revolutions is good enough to put a hold on even that.

Just my 2 cents + some..
Sukato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 05:54   Link #24
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
I finished watching matrix revolutions and think it was great. I just wish that I didn't have to watch animatrix and play enter the matrix in order to understand everything clearly...so much money gone...

O and I don't know if ne1 knows, but the first movie was supposed to be about birth, the second was supposed to be about life, and the third was supposed to be obviously about death "Everything that has a beginning has an end" just wanted to put that along with my opinion of revolutions
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 06:30   Link #25
Tboz

I am defintely going to catch it regardless of the reviews. They usually don't affect my choice of films too much. Nevertheless, I have watched the previous two in the cinemas, so won't want to miss this.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 06:36   Link #26
[Guyverrr]
Nani nani nani !?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz
O and I don't know if ne1 knows, but the first movie was supposed to be about birth, the second was supposed to be about life, and the third was supposed to be obviously about death "Everything that has a beginning has an end" just wanted to put that along with my opinion of revolutions
I didn't here it like that.. but it was SO obvious in revolutions with "Everything that has a beginning has an end"

Spoiler:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2003-11-06 at 06:41. Reason: Fixed spoiler tag
[Guyverrr] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 06:47   Link #27
straw
(9 '')9 yami yami (9 '')9

Send a message via ICQ to straw
the german snychro was horrible as hell, but i enjoy the fight with agent smith, i love this man

but i think it was not so bad as i excpected in the end, anyway i will see it again but in the original language
straw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 06:49   Link #28
DwArD
mAnIaC

Spoiler:

Last edited by DwArD; 2003-11-10 at 09:43.
DwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 17:13   Link #29
Bluesummers

try not to ruin what happens, people who accidentaly get this far will beat themselves if they find out everything that happens

anyway, the movie is AWESOME!!! The fighting is so intense that you could piss yourself if you had a weakness for action...its just crazy

after i left the movie theatre i was in awe..its just...so good
Bluesummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 17:34   Link #30
Sukato
Kendo Fanatic

Yes, please try not to spoil too much since this discussion thread's title is simply "Matrix Revolutions OWNS!!". Many people are probably reading this thread to just get opinions on whether people liked it or not. And if you do put in spoilers use the now working spoilers /spoilers method (with [] around them as usual for HTML). Also, if you have previously posted spoilers, please edit post and put them in the spoiler tags.
Old 2003-11-06, 19:39   Link #31
SirJeannot
AT Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
I'll probably go see it since I loved the first Matrix, but Reloaded was bad.
you'll change your mind on the second one if you watch the last part
Old 2003-11-07, 01:44   Link #32
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
See, part of the reason people think Reloaded was "Bad' was because Reloaded and Revolutions were probably supposed to be a single movie, but got split in half, which sort of breaks up the timing and whatnot.

The fight scenes were intense. Neo Vs Smith had a very X or DBZ feel to it. And the battle for zion just makes me go "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO Power armour rocks!!!!" Some of the hopeless last stands in that scene were just awesome. And the feeling you get when the sentinals really come to town is just not to be missed.

All in all, a damn good movie (and since i work at a movie theatre, i get to watch it AS MANY TIMES AS I WANT. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!)

Oh, and to Saizuchi, what ever gave you the idea that Neo actually managed to "save the matrix" as you put it. That wasnt his plan at all, and chances are, all he really manages to do is negotiate a temporary lull in the hostilities. And Happy ass it most definately was not. Heck, most of the symbolism and deep meaning behind the whole matrix trilogy will likely go right over the heads of 70% of the viewers anyhow.
SurfD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 14:34   Link #33
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfD
The fight scenes were intense. Neo Vs Smith had a very X or DBZ feel to it.
hey... same sentiments...

Jus saw the movie today, the fight with the sentinels at the dock and the piloting sequence of the ships totally blew me away...

I think the actions are defintely better than the Reloaded ones, they were too monotonus and overused.

IMO, the story by then has become quite predictable and the ending scene somehow spoiled the mood of the whole show. Not that its not good, just that it doesn't fit the theme of the trilogy anywhere.

And note the Oracle's reply to the little girl, hope we won't be expecting any prequels or sequels. I think they have squeezed enuff out of it, anymore might render it repetitive and disasterous?

Overall, I think its still better than Reloaded, but the original is still the best... hope I didn't post anything that can be considered spoilers...
Old 2003-11-07, 16:51   Link #34
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
I plan on seeing the movie tonight and I'll post later and tell what I think but from what I have heard, is that the action is awesome, as most of you have verified but my dads friend saw it in an IMAX theater and said that his ears were completly destroyed by the volume, anyone else have this problem whilst seeing it? Anyhow, I really hope its a bit more like the first one because the 2nd one IMO was terrible. It was like one big fight scene...and felt...ugh. Such a let down to me. Anyhow, I'll post how I like this one later on.

Edit: I saw the movie, pretty much enjoyed it. Thought it was really, really awesome. Much better then the 2nd, but not as good as the first.

Last edited by OFFSPRiNGCo16; 2003-11-07 at 23:28.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 18:26   Link #35
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
The action really didn't interest me like it did in the first one. I think the fight between smith and neo was really drawn out and tedious... The end kind of bothered me (would say why but that would be a spoiler) but all in all, I think it was a great movie and it wrapped up the story very well.

I liked the part in the subway station and when they are flying in the ship towards the source. I almost died laughing in the scene with the subway (when he runs down the tracks).

Great movie, if you haven't seen it yet, get to it, you won't regret it, ignore what the critics have said, even if you don't like the action, maybe you think the ending sucked, maybe you don't like the way things were done, you'll still love it, all in all an amazing movie.
DAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 11:46   Link #36
Sukato
Kendo Fanatic

Quote:
And note the Oracle's reply to the little girl, hope we won't be expecting any prequels or sequels. I think they have squeezed enuff out of it, anymore might render it repetitive and disasterous?
Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-08, 14:27   Link #37
Animaniac
On leave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz

Spoiler:
Animaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 18:33   Link #38
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-08, 18:56   Link #39
Tboz

Hmm.. I hope it stays true, scripwriters can always think of new ways to continue a blockblaster franchise. And I really hate that.

Who knows, they may decide to write a story for the 10th generation Matrix, starring a new guy as the One...
Old 2003-11-08, 19:13   Link #40
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

I didn't like Revolutions. IMO, it served as a trophy movie to the previous two in the series, and acted merely as eye candy to fanboys everywhere.

When exiting the movie theatre after watching the last of the trilogy, i found myself asking "what the hell went wrong?"

The first Matrix, a stylish, sexy, and thought provoking sci-fi thriller was a smash hit for it's subtle metaphors, carefully prepared atmospheres, brilliant fight scenes, and overall creepiness.
In Revolutions, these factors have diminished greatly. Even the fighting has lost it's martial arts vibe. It went from Neo's newly learnt kung-fu against Agent Smith's mechanical speed, to
Spoiler:

Take, for example, the fight between Agent Smith and Neo.
Now, graphically, the battle was superb.
Was it necessary, however, to film Agent Smith posing maniacly against the lightning? And, in the scene where
Spoiler:

Agent smith is laughing in a most diabolical fashion. Agent Smith has become such a cliched villain; I half expected him to capture Trinity and tie her to train-tracks.

Do you remember the heart-pounding chase seen at the end of the first Matrix, where Neo is running for his life away from the Agents?
Good feeling, yes?
You don't get that kind of action in Revolutions.

And talk about blatant use of religious archtypes!
Spoiler:

As an ending for the trilogy, I was deeply unsatisfied, with many unanswered questions.

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote