AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-27, 13:58   Link #1
kvnphm1

Which character takes the most abuse?

My vote will have to go Zoro. He is always getting caught in luffy dumb action whether Luffy is punching some metal door and it bounced back at Zoro or if he is launching himself to Going Merry Zoro is always there.
Old 2006-09-27, 14:08   Link #2
DrFuko

Zoro?!?! You serious?

Usopp takes more abuse than a 5 year old in neverland ranch!

...or Paris Hilton's tampon?
...or how bout interns who worked with Kathy Lee?
...or a cute little junior high girl caught by a large octopus monster in some twisted hentai?

Enough with the bad jokes....

Usopp takes on plenty of hits. Maybe Luffy, Zoro and Sanji take on very powerful hits, but its just not the same.

Not sure how the hell Usopp stood up to No. 4, or an IMPACT DIAL. Or how bout couple of thunder strikes? Oh! Lets not forget that fight with Luffy himself.

Kudos to Usopp... for getting the snot beat out of him.
Old 2006-09-27, 14:25   Link #3
Snubben_Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuko
Zoro?!?! You serious?

Usopp takes more abuse than a 5 year old in neverland ranch!

...or Paris Hilton's tampon?
...or how bout interns who worked with Kathy Lee?
...or a cute little junior high girl caught by a large octopus monster in some twisted hentai?

Enough with the bad jokes....

Usopp takes on plenty of hits. Maybe Luffy, Zoro and Sanji take on very powerful hits, but its just not the same.

Not sure how the hell Usopp stood up to No. 4, or an IMPACT DIAL. Or how bout couple of thunder strikes? Oh! Lets not forget that fight with Luffy himself.

Kudos to Usopp... for getting the snot beat out of him.
hehe i wasnt expecting that hentai joke ^^, grose that people acutally enjoy watching that sort of thing >,<

I agree with you that usopp takes most damage..Although luffy gets real much damage somehow he doesnt need to wear loads of bandages after or something like that. Poor usopp =( even though I must say he has became more of a brave warrior of the sea now during the later parts.. at least i think so =D
Old 2006-09-27, 18:27   Link #4
tidus0728

I agree with it being Ussop.

Since Kuro Arc he took the most beating.

Quote:
Although luffy gets real much damage somehow he doesnt need to wear loads of bandages after or something like that
Luffy doesn't need that much damagee as he is made of rubber so some of the damage is absorbed, even if its powerful, hence Rob Lucchi's(sp?) Rokuougan did not dealt so much great damage.
Old 2006-09-27, 20:11   Link #5
Elemental-Magus
Tin-Plate Wapol

yup ussop can take a reall beating, and i agree, with DrFuko, when Ussop was hit with Mr 4's 4 t bat I was pretty much omg and then the impact dial and the thunder.....ussop has had the crap beaten out of him so many times....but hes tough and cool like taht which is why hes one of my top 5 fav OP characters.
Old 2006-09-27, 22:31   Link #6
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Just going by Water 7/Enies Lobby ALONE, Usopp takes the most abuse by a landslide. XD
Old 2006-09-27, 22:51   Link #7
RogSqdLdr

You can answer this question two ways. If you're asking - who looks the worse at the end of each fight, I'd say it's a 3 way contest between Ussop, Zoro, and Luffy. I think people picking Ussop definitely are making a fair choise. He's been pretty beat up at the end of different battles.

If you're asking who receives the strongest hits I'd pick Luffy. He's always fighting the strongest member of each crew/group the Strawhats have faced so he's taking the strongest attacks as well. The thing is he's got a rubber body so of course he's not going to be feeling the damage like Ussop would. And at least in the early fights Luffy was skilled enough to dodge most attacks. Later on he did have his fair share of tough battles. He did get burned by Enel but those injuries didn't seem to be permanently damaging. He got dried up and poisoned by Crocodile but he was rehydrated and received an antidote.

The fight with Lucci is a different story. Luffy may have a rubber body, but he took a ton of hits from Lucci. His organs have to be permanently damaged to some extent from Lucci's attacks.

Anyways, in terms of who looks the worse at the end of each fight AND has taken the most damage, I'd say it's Zoro. I'd say Zoro takes even more damage than Luffy. Each individual blow to Zoro isn't as strong as an attack from one of Luffy's opponents, but Zoro takes a lot more direct hits each fight. And add the fact that he doesn't have the luxury of having a rubber body to absorb each blow.

Zoro just doesn't look nearly as bad as Ussop after some fights just Zoro has a freakishly strong body and is able to deal with the pain and damage better than just about anybody I've seen in the One Piece universe.

This is a guy that can say with a straight face about cutting off his own legs when trapped in candle wax, cutting off either his or Ussop's hands off to get rid of handcuffs, and gamble the fate of one of his arms to test a cursed sword. Zoro's perception of pain is pretty different than most people's.

During one point in the fight against Mr.1 Zoro had tons and tons of stone rubble laying on top of him. If Ussop was in that situation he would have been crushed. Since it's Zoro and he's got a freakishly strong body he doesn't just survive being piled under the weight, he lifts up the stone and then tosses it back at Mr.1.

If Ussop took any of Kaku's attacks he wouldn't be able to move for months. The neck extension smashing move ( Kilimanjaro ) would tear Ussop up. Kaku's move where he did a rankakyu to the ceiling ( Kiri-Shigure )and sent a ton of shards flying down would cut most people up to the point where they'd bleed to death. Kaku also used his neck to smash down veritically ( Henchikirin ) and that's got to be worse than the force of being hit by Mr.4's hammer.

Anyways this is a long post but my point is this. Ussop probably takes the most damage in relative comparison to how tough his body is. Luffy takes the strongest hits but his body is able to absorb them very well. Zoro has the worst of both world's because even though he has a strong body, his opponent's attacks are really strong and he takes plenty of them.
Old 2006-09-27, 23:28   Link #8
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Actually, looking more carefully at the originator's post, I think what he/she is asking is who takes the most accidental damage (like from Luffy's carelessness or just whatever is flying around). For which I'd say both Zoro and Usopp.
Old 2006-09-28, 00:41   Link #9
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
I'm surprised that no one mentioned Sanji. I mean, sure, he doesn't actually take a lot of physical hit... but, how about mental ones?

He's rejected-- often physically-- by his beloved ladies. Yeah, we laugh at it, but in his mind, he's very, very, VERY serious.
Old 2006-09-28, 15:31   Link #10
DrFuko

Hell, if you consider Sanji abused, then Robin takes the cake. Robin is the spokesgirl for rejected little kids.

Kudos to Robin, cause nobody likes her! (except for flanders)
Old 2006-09-29, 12:47   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I never get tired of posting this picture.

Old 2006-09-29, 14:31   Link #12
S_C_L-1

hell, even if were in the accidental or comical abuse, i'd still go with Ussop...

tabasco star any 1?
Old 2006-09-30, 04:11   Link #13
CrumCon

Usopp man.. he got my vote,

regular person like usopp with no strength, how the hell he could take so much hits???? he even got hits from many big ass bad boys.. he's still alive!
Old 2006-10-06, 07:16   Link #14
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
but than except of those terrible fight they fight against each other pretty much
Nami can't take down anybody from her crew XD
but than Sanji beats up Luffy and Usop
Zoro somehow can restrain himself from doing it
but in those Fights Zoro and Sanji are even

back to those fights, if Zoro were to be hit like Sanji than he wouldn't even blink when Sanji get his rips broken and bearly moves XD

if Chopper couldn't transform into big human monster than I'd say that with such cute small body he would be close to leading in injuries

Luffy takes hits from everybody but he recovers fast, and normal person would get more than depressed after being called idiot so many times, but he's too much of an idiot for that XD

anyway my vote goes for Ussop XD
Old 2006-10-06, 07:36   Link #15
nduns

You know, when you refer to non-battle situations, Zoro does take in a lot of abuse. Like, Luffy's always hitting him with something, Nami's always beating him up, Sanji kicks him constantly, he gets yelled at a lot and he was left for the mermen to capture him. Let's not forget the bird in Skypiea who dropped him to his potential death and that people even make fun of his wounds for a while.

Usopp on the other hand takes in more battle-related abuse than out-of-battle abuse. Not sure if that's the abuse you're getting at, because outside of the battle field, Zoro takes in a lot more abuse.
Old 2006-10-07, 01:38   Link #16
kvnphm1

I guess zoro is extra special to luffy being his first crew member and all =p
Old 2006-10-07, 03:15   Link #17
S_C_L-1

^ tough love maybe?
Old 2006-10-10, 23:58   Link #18
shimplicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
^ tough love maybe?
that cracks me up...

oh yeah

zoro gets the most physical non battle abuse
sanji gets the most emotional abuse from the ladies
usopp gets the the most physical battle abuse
nami and luffy are the abusers
chopper remedies those abused
robin just chuckles and watch the abusing

^^ crapper ole me
Old 2006-10-16, 15:12   Link #19
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvnphm1 View Post
My vote will have to go Zoro. He is always getting caught in luffy dumb action whether Luffy is punching some metal door and it bounced back at Zoro or if he is launching himself to Going Merry Zoro is always there.
*nods head* you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right. Luffy is ALWAYS seems to cause trouble for Zolo no matter WHAT! But....it isfunny for that and keeps all of us entertained and that ishow it goes in the One piece world.
Old 2006-10-17, 19:46   Link #20
forest child

zolo does seem to get a lot of abuse doesn't he?
Closed Thread