AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: If the 3rd could have chosen his replacement, who would it have been?
Kakashi 6 6.59%
Gai 4 4.40%
Naruto 7 7.69%
Sasuke 2 2.20%
Itachi (lets assume he's not a missing nin, but still have the MS somehow) 7 7.69%
Tsunade 23 25.27%
Jiraiya 32 35.16%
Asuma 2 2.20%
Shikamaru 2 2.20%
Other (be sure to list) 6 6.59%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-10-31, 05:51   Link #1
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Who is the real 5th hokage?

Someone said that if Itachi had stayed in Konoha, he'd have easily become hokage. Somehow I'm doubtful. So lets take a poll and see!

If the third could have chosen someone before he died to be 5th hokage, who would he have chosen?
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 06:22   Link #2
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Well Sasuke would be the best choice. But one way or another Tsunade would of ended up being the 5th .
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 07:10   Link #3
Ichimaru

i wonder why clan members were not given consideration, eg. hiashi
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 07:24   Link #4
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

The problem with this question is the 3rd could have chosen a replacement. He knew everyone in Konoha well enough to do so. I voted "OTHER' because there was no one worth choosing in Konoha. His choices were limited. If the sannin were still functioning in Konoha and Orochimaru was not a missing nin and didn't have a heart of evil (using made up stipulations like the one with Itachi), then Oro would have been Hokage, in my opinion.

But as I said, there were no considerable candidates in Konoha, which prohibited him from making a choice he could be proud of and comfortable with.

One thing that is positive about your question is that it would be a good Gaiden or something. A side story as to why the 3rd actually failed to make a choice. After the Itachi story that Sasuke flashbacked during the fight with Naruto, I think that should be called the Itachi Gaiden.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 07:39   Link #5
Bakaaa

well kakashi is the last adult-tensai in konoha and he belongs the the chain of training 1st-2nd -> 3rd -> jiraya -> 4th -> kakashi
Bakaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 07:56   Link #6
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I said Itachi because he would've been the most likely candidate. Keep in mind this is saying if he had stayed in Konoha and didn't have the homicidal tendencies. At the time he went missing nin he was only 13, and still too young to be a Hokage even though he was already extremely powerful. I would imagine that 4 or 5 yrs later, the 3rd would've appointed him Hokage. Jiraiya and Tsunade are powerful, but Hokage is supposed to be a lifetime position, why appoint someone in their mid 50's when there is already someone just as powerful who's only 18. Kakashi is an excellent jounin but Itachi already has all his skills and a superior Sharingan. And Gai, he's strong but he's far too impulsive to be a Hokage.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 08:23   Link #7
tritoch

If we follow the timeline, the only viable choice would be the Sannin and uh that dude controlling "Root" which was disbanded too. I think the reason why Sandaime didn't choose from the clans is that it might cause some pretty biased rule making if it ever to happen.

Everyone else-- Kakashi's batch down to baby Naruto isn't an option.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 10:25   Link #8
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I voted for Jiraiya obviously (that is if you take this question seriously)

All others except for Jiraiya & Tsunade arent good enough.
Gai, Asuma & Kakashi are NOT strong enough...they seriously lack chakra...compared to the Sannin.

Sarutobi said he would consider to continue for another 5 years.

During that time no one comes even on the level of the Sannin (Jiraiya & Tsunade)
Besides there is a reason why the 3rd Hokage was in search for Tsunade. And judging from the way the advisors talked...they actually never even thought about Tsunade.

Orochimaru himself said that Jiraiya was the hero of the village in the past (not him or Tsunade) and continued how his status has dropped (training Naruto).

Sasuke, Shikamaru are definetly not any options... for Hokage within the next 10 years...especially Sasuke now...just like Itachi...both are now out of the picture.

If Jiraiya would say the same if Sarutobi asked him...then he'd pick Tsunade...if she refused. Then the 3rd would probably personally train Kakashi or Asuma. (they seem to be more talented and more suited then Gai (the other elite)
Old 2006-10-31, 10:47   Link #9
Xelsol

I like how Naruto, Sasuke, and Shika (No way ready for even candidacy for Hokage) are on that list, but not Oro, Kurenai, or Ibiki...
Xelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 10:47   Link #10
Slayerx

Y'know, if were gonna use "what if itachi wasn't evil", then shouldn't we basically do the same for orochimaru?

In that case i would say Orochimaru hands down... afterall, not only was he considered for the forth, but if he wasn't evil he might have even beat yondiame for title of hokage..

Thus my second pick would be Tsunade... Considering jiaraya and Tsunade were his pupils, i think the 3rd would have known Jiriaya well enough to know that he wouldn't want the job... thus he would try to seek out Tsunade to offer her the job...

What's diffcult about considering Itachi is that we can't really get a sence for what his personality would be like... Part of being hokage is not only being powerful, but lso have great skills as a leader, and having the right kind of personality... For him not to become a missing-nin, he would have to not be evil, but what would itachi be like if he wasn't evil? would he have the personality and what-not suitable for hokage... grant it, if we assume he had the right personality for hokage, then he probably would be 3rd in the running for it

Everyone after that... seems rather unsuited for the job... some ninjas like kakashi seem more like the type who would go the way of jiriaya, refusing to take the hokage title in favor of remaining to work in the field, where their talents are most useful... other ninjas are just lacking something that makes them seem less than a proper choice...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 11:03   Link #11
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

There should be an option for Oro . Oro was most likely the ideal candidate , he was Sarutobi's favourite but he messed up . With his other students Jiraiya and Tsunade having their fair share of problems too he was forced to stay on till a suitable replacement was found

Voted for Jiraiya
Old 2006-10-31, 11:06   Link #12
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Y'know, if were gonna use "what if itachi wasn't evil", then shouldn't we basically do the same for orochimaru?

In that case i would say Orochimaru hands down... afterall, not only was he considered for the forth, but if he wasn't evil he might have even beat yondiame for title of hokage..

Thus my second pick would be Tsunade... Considering jiaraya and Tsunade were his pupils, i think the 3rd would have known Jiriaya well enough to know that he wouldn't want the job... thus he would try to seek out Tsunade to offer her the job...

What's diffcult about considering Itachi is that we can't really get a sence for what his personality would be like... Part of being hokage is not only being powerful, but lso have great skills as a leader, and having the right kind of personality... For him not to become a missing-nin, he would have to not be evil, but what would itachi be like if he wasn't evil? would he have the personality and what-not suitable for hokage... grant it, if we assume he had the right personality for hokage, then he probably would be 3rd in the running for it
But that's just it. If Orochimaru wasn't evil he would've been 4th Hokage and we're talking about 5th. So then it can be argued that if Itachi weren't a missing nin he'd be considered for the position of 5th. The main criteria of being Hokage is being strong enough to protect the village, everything else is really secondary. You don't have to be all that likable, running around kissing babies and such. If that were true, Orochimaru wouldn't have even been considered. It just so happens that all the previous Hokages were warm, caring individuals As far as leadership skills, Tsunade is a drunk and a gambler but she's Hokage nonetheless. And Jiraiya is a loner and a pervert who can also be unreliable, but he was a prime candidate once the 3rd died. Itachi, on the other hand was a ANBU captain and has demonstrated great patience and tactical abilites.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 11:25   Link #13
Ero-Senn1n

Itachi is the strongest known ninja now (akatsuki leader is not known so far, anything about him would be only an assumption without any facts), somewhere in the manga it was said that the hokage is always the strongest of the village.

I think there are only 2 choices: Jiraiya or Itachi. Jiraiya is not that type, he is loyal and strong, but he often acts as a grown up Naruto. Itachi is not only the strongest but also smart and cautious, seems to be a leader type more than Jiraiya. Also a very important thing is that kage's are chosen at young age, all the known hokage and kazekage were chosen as kage when they were young, and i think they were not always the current strongest one, but they were chosen because they will clearly become the strongest and rule for many years. So to chose any of the sannin who are in their 50's was done just because the village had no decent young ninja to fit the role, however if Itachi was there at the time i think they would have chosen him.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 12:01   Link #14
Snubben_Pierre

my vote goes for tsunade, because although i believe jiraiya would be asked he would decline like he did when they asked him for real in the story..

Im not gonna take in mind itachi or orochimaru since they have left the village and are of no part of it any more.. I'm not gonna spout out ridiculous theories about some1 who IF he didnt betray the village and do that he could be a good candidate..

and for naruto,sasuke etc for being there is also pretty worthless. where is anko or kurenai etc? :P dont leave out the stronger ones.
Snubben_Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 12:08   Link #15
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

IF (another IF) Orochimaru wasnt evil but a person with a strong will to die for Konoha then he'd definetly be the 4th (NOT 5th!)

Yondaime Hokage as we know him (would be the 5th then) assuming Orochimaru died saving Konoha vs the Kyuubi

Ibiki doesnt seem strong enough (he hasnt shown anything actually except that he can throw a kunai )
Kurenai, Anko, Shizune, Raido, Genma, Hayate same case.

I am not sure if Kakashi honestly has a will of fire (i'll bet Gai does, having his youth of fire.)

Jiraiya was even willing to kill Tsunade if she betrayed Konoha so he's definetly a qualified Hokage. But both Tsunade & Jiraiya will take only one succesor...and probably refuse to retire until he's ready: Naruto!
Old 2006-10-31, 12:16   Link #16
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
IF (another IF) Orochimaru wasnt evil but a person with a strong will to die for Konoha then he'd definetly be the 4th (NOT 5th!)

Yondaime Hokage as we know him (would be the 5th then) assuming Orochimaru died saving Konoha vs the Kyuubi
Johnny, even wiht the IF, I just can't inmagine Orochimaru sacrficing himself to defeat Kyuby and protect Konoha, That would really be something
Old 2006-10-31, 12:27   Link #17
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If you are assuming 3rd should choose someone before he dies, then anyone other than Itachi, Jiraiya, and Tsunade should be immediately dropped from the list, most are not even worth mentioning for that position, yet.

But, if none of those are available and the council has placed a bomb on every Konoha citizen's head, for which the timer would trigger unless the 3rd chooses someone as his replacement, then he would choose Kakashi.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 14:19   Link #18
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post

You need to be dragged into a public arena and shot repeatedly for suggesting Oro would sacrifice his life for anyone.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 14:37   Link #19
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The Oro we know wont even think twice or flinch twice before sacrficing innocents to acheive his goals . Also Oro will never help anyone unless and until if he/she has no use for him .

Intresting Q
If Oro was Hokkage when Kyuubi Kitsune attacked Konoha . Would he sacrifce himself like Yondi to save Konoha ?
Old 2006-10-31, 15:09   Link #20
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
The Oro we know wont even think twice or flinch twice before sacrficing innocents to acheive his goals . Also Oro will never help anyone unless and until if he/she has no use for him .

Intresting Q
If Oro was Hokkage when Kyuubi Kitsune attacked Konoha . Would he sacrifce himself like Yondi to save Konoha ?
He would had sacrifice another person to stop Kyuby.