AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-15, 15:24   Link #61
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Watched Episode 2.

The dialogues from Souma is such a nightmare to hear.
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 19:55   Link #62
BatAttack
Gaou!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Ok...this was so seriously crappy i didn't even watch the 1st ep till the end 0_o. The "plot" and characters (and the art as well) seem like something you would use for hentai rather than for a "normal" anime.

Definitely not worth watching.
You didn't watch to the end!? Oh.. too bad, you missed out.

It just got better/worse as it went.
The final 'fight' scene was just awful. It was glorious.
BatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 09:50   Link #63
Anime0milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
Watched Episode 2.

Ha ha ha , you thought so too? that was the first thing i complained about to my friend when i told her about it :')
Anime0milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 09:56   Link #64
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

There needs to be less Souma and more Zero/Xion. Ironic since they're both by Hoshi, but the former can be so irritating.

The fight scenes and do-ra-ma scenes are still so ludicriously bad, I'm holding back my laughter everytime I watch them. Seriously, I don't know whether to praise or bash the storyboarders for coming up with such horrible storyboarding it's making me laugh.

Right now, I just hope they explain why and how the hell Xion became Zero. And who "won". It really looked like Mao "won", but she did say he's an old friend, so who knows. Maybe no one won.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 13:31   Link #65
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
There needs to be less Souma and more Zero/Xion. Ironic since they're both by Hoshi, but the former can be so irritating.

The fight scenes and do-ra-ma scenes are still so ludicriously bad, I'm holding back my laughter everytime I watch them. Seriously, I don't know whether to praise or bash the storyboarders for coming up with such horrible storyboarding it's making me laugh.

Right now, I just hope they explain why and how the hell Xion became Zero. And who "won". It really looked like Mao "won", but she did say he's an old friend, so who knows. Maybe no one won.
I don't like Souma. Don't ask me why. I was hoping to see more of his friend as the main character(or more focus on xion/zero). Souma is not making for a good male lead.

I probably will be dropping this series after a couple more episodes.
Old 2007-04-22, 16:01   Link #66
KBTKaiser

Let's look at it this way though: We'll be seeing more of Kiriya and less of Souma when the game rolls around since the game focus is on Kiriya. >>;
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 17:00   Link #67
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
Watched Episode 2.

You are witnessing the glorious art of Sega dialogue. Bask in its horrible clichness and inefficiency in conveying meaning. Then wonder at how Sega is still in business. After that go here and marvel at the bad voice acting in Sega games. Just pick any game that says Sega in the publisher column (You don't have to look hard as there are many) and then you can download the clips the guy has made. My favourite pick is this one, House of The Dead 2. I wish they had the one with the "G" comment and put in context. The amusing thing is in the first stage he calls every single person he meets "G", who was a character in the first game.

Oh and then there's also "HOT STOFF COMIN YO A WAI" from the actual English dub of Shining Tears the game itself.

In case any are wondering, the production is being handled by Sega themselves. RUN! Seriously, trust me. It is going to tank so bad it will make Zaisen Jotaro look good. This is the only time I will fully admit a bias against a company. If you want to know why Sega producing an anime for their own game is a bad idea by current industry standards, look no further than the fact that the new Mario x Sonic At The Olympics game is being made entirely by Nintendo because they refuse to let Sega even touch it. That's how bad their record is right now that Nintendo won't even do them the dignity of letting them handle the coding of the character they created and should know more than anyone. This series would be better off in almost any other companies hands.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-22 at 17:13.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 18:26   Link #68
Kaka
罪人クロノ

well i know sega is probably trying to save the good for the game....
but to make the show better
we definitely need more kiriya and less souma

souma is like almost brainless.......+_+
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 19:39   Link #69
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post

I'm getting serious Athrun vs Kira vibes from Souma vs Kiriya.... We all know how that first pair worked out.
Old 2007-04-22, 19:42   Link #70
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post

Hahaha..... Oh tear in my eye. Sega and Good and Game in the same sentence.

Look, the last decent game Sega made was Sonic Adventure back on The Dreamcast. Everything else has ranged from bottom of the barrel to below average. I honestly think Tony Taka could have chosen to work with better people. The main selling point of Shining Tears the game was definetely T.T's character designs.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 20:06   Link #71
KJlost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

Look, the last decent game Sega made was Sonic Adventure back on The Dreamcast. Everything else has ranged from bottom of the barrel to below average. I honestly think Tony Taka could have chosen to work with better people. The main selling point of Shining Tears the game was definetely T.T's character designs.
Tony Taka's track record doesn't seem to be too good in that regard.

Yeah, this show is loosing my interest at a record pace. The characters have been too bland to make any kind of impact so far, and there is just nothing really memorable about the show in general. I can't remember any music or art, much less the story.

I might hold on to it for a while, but I think it might one of the first shows I'm going to drop this season.
KJlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 21:13   Link #72
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'm getting serious Athrun vs Kira vibes from Souma vs Kiriya.... We all know how that first pair worked out.
This is something I made up regarding your theory.

Kiriya: You killed Shiina! (Gets ready to kill Souma)

Kureha: No! (gets in the way to protect Souma) (dies)

Souma: Kureha!! (something snaps)

Souma: KIRIYA!!

Kiriya: SOUMA!

(Kiriya throws sword and sets it to self-destruct)

BOOM!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 21:29   Link #73
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I do hope it's good, the game was quite horrible, to include the story line too. Only the art work was done nicely.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 21:42   Link #74
Anime0milk

Hmmm, i'm actually happy to know i'm not the only one who wanted more Xion/Zero or Kiriya and less souma.. :')
very nice mini scrupt there blitz1/2 ^^ it brought smiles to me.
Anime0milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 21:54   Link #75
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Watched Ep 3

Spoiler for :

Quote:
So you still have no interest on looking at Sangokushi Taisen?

I should have said this last week, this series should nickname as Shining Sangokushi. Anyone agree?
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 22:39   Link #76
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
This is something I made up regarding your theory.
Ha. But the "Kira" voice this time around belongs to Zero.

Souma had the pleasure of getting the "annoying" voice of Hoshi, easily his worst voice out of all his ranges.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 21:16   Link #77
Strike-Zero

I actually find Shining Tears X Wind pretty good, though this comes from a person who already played Shining Tears so I don't know if I'm biased. I like Souma's tone because it reminds me of Daimon Masaru from Digimon Savers and sounds hot blooded.
Strike-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 23:37   Link #78
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Oh and then there's also "HOT STOFF COMIN YO A WAI" from the actual English dub of Shining Tears the game itself.
That's Shining Force Neo's Meryl you're thinking of, Kaioshin. IIRC, Shining Tears lacks a fire mage. (Closest things would be Lazarus' firebreathing and maybe Elwyn's occasional elemental arrow)
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 00:49   Link #79
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:

well actually the "good" was just referring to kiriya XD;;;
and to be very honest, I don't think I have ever played a sega game @w@;;;
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 01:30   Link #80
retracnosna

watched episode 3

starting to think japanese writers are self loathers, or masochists or something

Spoiler:
retracnosna is offline   Reply With Quote