Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-25, 10:11   Link #621
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCheshire View Post
Spoiler for probably:
Seems pretty sketchy to me..! The rules are exactly air-tight you know? Also, maybe it's Gudou's easy-going nature but I feel like even a Campione would be vaporized in a tactical nuclear blast (tactical, not strategic!)
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 10:12   Link #622
PCheshire
Epitome of Randomness

ask the author!!
PCheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 10:15   Link #623
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Seems pretty sketchy to me..! The rules are exactly air-tight you know? Also, maybe it's Gudou's easy-going nature but I feel like even a Campione would be vaporized in a tactical nuclear blast (tactical, not strategic!)
Spoiler for spoiler:
Moreover, they need someone to protect them from the heretic gods.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 10:19   Link #624
PCheshire
Epitome of Randomness

plus they can't guarantee it will work... if it didn't... just think of the consequences of all the Campiones who are monsters who could survive all that anytime anywhere going at you...
doesn't that sound fun?
plus even if it does work won't the other campione become hostile and just go ahead and destroy everything that is a potential threat?

Last edited by PCheshire; 2012-04-25 at 10:41.
PCheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 12:09   Link #625
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Moreover, they need someone to protect them from the heretic gods.
Salvatore has a passive ability called Protection of Steel. Unless it gets sealed or he lowers it on his own, he can't be hurt. Period.
Old 2012-04-25, 12:13   Link #626
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Bottom line is: don't piss the guys that can kill Gods and take their powers and abilities.
It won't end well for you.
Old 2012-04-25, 12:42   Link #627
Miraluka
Banned

How Erica fell for Godou?
I read that she was very cold to him and somewhat arrogant.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 13:52   Link #628
Kadi
知識の探求者

She falls for him at the end of Vol 3 (when she gives him a victory charm, and later a reward). There's a summary for that, although it might not focus on that aspect.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 14:01   Link #629
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
She falls for him at the end of Vol 3 (when she gives him a victory charm, and later a reward). There's a summary for that, although it might not focus on that aspect.
And since vol 3 is actually a prequel, Erica has loved Godou since the beginning of the LN.
Old 2012-04-25, 15:22   Link #630
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
And since vol 3 is actually a prequel, Erica has loved Godou since the beginning of the LN.
lolololol.... yeah...
Erica's declaration to her class that she belongs to Godou was probably the most epic fail on godou's social life.

I honestly dont know if i would want to be him or not in that situation.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 15:30   Link #631
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
lolololol.... yeah...
Erica's declaration to her class that she belongs to Godou was probably the most epic fail on godou's social life.

I honestly dont know if i would want to be him or not in that situation.
I'm kinda sad at Godou's character by the end of the first vol.
In the beginning he seemed like the type of character that was moderately weak against echi attacks from girls but still had his own mind and would not let them completely walk over him...
And then Yuri shows up and his sister.....
His sister his freaking annoying and this first vol Yuri also extremely annoying (I'm sure her character develops and changes through the LN, but I've only read the first vol so bear with me).
He's a Campione, he kills God's.
What he should have said to Yuri after defeating Athena, when she was bitching about the battleground was: hey, I fought a God in the middle of a city; be glad it wasn't leveled right here and now; btw next time you fight it!
Old 2012-04-25, 15:55   Link #632
Kadi
知識の探求者

Good news: Release date for Vol 12 is May 25th

(got it off the official site so it should be accurate)
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 16:07   Link #633
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
I'm kinda sad at Godou's character by the end of the first vol.
In the beginning he seemed like the type of character that was moderately weak against echi attacks from girls but still had his own mind and would not let them completely walk over him...
And then Yuri shows up and his sister.....
His sister his freaking annoying and this first vol Yuri also extremely annoying (I'm sure her character develops and changes through the LN, but I've only read the first vol so bear with me).
He's a Campione, he kills God's.
What he should have said to Yuri after defeating Athena, when she was bitching about the battleground was: hey, I fought a God in the middle of a city; be glad it wasn't leveled right here and now; btw next time you fight it!
He's a "pacifist" remember he's trying to live a normal life besides his grandfather taught him a certain way to act towards women and even though he denies being like his grandfather he probably acts like he would in that situation minus the seduction.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 16:08   Link #634
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
He's a "pacifist" remember he's trying to live a normal life besides his grandfather taught him a certain way to act towards women and even though he denies being like his grandfather he probably acts like he would in that situation minus the seduction.
He's not a pacifist; he just says he is one but in the end he does love the fighting as a Campione should.
Old 2012-04-25, 16:11   Link #635
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Good news: Release date for Vol 12 is May 25th

(got it off the official site so it should be accurate)
Thnx for the info...now to find out wht happens to Athena
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 16:50   Link #636
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Thnx for the info...now to find out wht happens to Athena
Hope that she's still there...I mean, her character got developed so much...

Quote:
Basically, he hates having his daily live messed up...or not.
Old 2012-04-25, 21:47   Link #637
whsie

Quote:
He tries to act like a pacifist; however, deep down, he is hyper competitive. When he's challenged, he smiles and enjoys the fight. As everyone who knows his true self, that pacifist talk is all a facade.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 21:50   Link #638
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Well he was a baseball player, competitivness runs in his nature...do they talk from a third person's PoV of his skills in that?
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 22:24   Link #639
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Well he was a baseball player, competitivness runs in his nature...do they talk from a third person's PoV of his skills in that?
Not only was he a baseball player, he also played the most important positions- the #4 hitter and catcher on the field. If anyone knows baseball, the #3 and #4 hitter (sometimes #5) are the most important ones because those two are your "middle of the order" or "cleanup" hitters who are supposed to knock in the runs after your #1 and #2 hitter (best hitters for average and fastest for steals) get on base.

On the field (excluding pitcher), the two most important positions are probably catcher and shortstop. Shortstop provide defense and double plays while catchers study, strategize against opposing hitters, and then command the pitchers how to pitch based on the studied information (low in the zone? Curve? Changeup?Slider?).

As such, even during his baseball years, he had a knack for studying opponents and finding their weaknesses (learned from his years as catcher) and great ability to focus in crucial moments (learned from being a #4 hitter).

Last edited by whsie; 2012-04-25 at 22:59.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 22:31   Link #640
bludvein

I thought he was the pitcher. Well whatever, hes basically a male tsundere in regards to both women and fights.

The scene where he was cursed to lose his "common sense" should give you a good idea as to his personality if he didn't hold himself in check.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem