AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-14, 12:17   Link #21
Frontier

It's nice to see Rietz making himself at home in Ars' mansion, putting himself to work, getting along well with everyone (and becoming the crush of many of the maids), and instructing Ars .

So not only is the kingdom in dire straights with an eight-year old Emperor and no firm leadership with all the Emperor's retainers seeking power for themselves...but Ars' own domain is dealing with a power struggle between two sons of the governor, with his father and likely himself bound to get caught in the middle. Which makes Ars' duty to bolster their forces even more prescient .

Look at the silhouette of all of Ars' future recruits who you can also see in the OP !

And Raven puts Ars on the path to finding a mage! Which is easier said than done because despite Ars' appraisal skills and all the people in the world, it's not easy finding exceptional people .

I guess good for future reference to know that Rietz will kill anyone for even the slightest disrespect towards Ars...so Ars better stay on his toes and not get fooled by anyone .

It's tough seeing income inequality and slums, and witnessing the kind of squalor people who don't have the same privilege Ars does have to live with, but it just makes Ars even more committed to building a place where even these people are taken care of .

Of course no trip into town is complete without a thief stealing Ars' purse...and it just so happens to be a cute female thief who was in trouble even before she stole from Ars. Luckily Rietz can easily throw hands against some punks .

Charlotte has the makings of an S-tier mage and an exceptional leader, but she has no interest in being the charity case for a noble, and she sees Ars as trying to sway her with money like his kind so often do and dismissing the reality of what people have to go with. A reality Charlotte is well-aware of having lived in the slums, been sold off as a slave, and having to take care of orphans. The only thing Ars can really do is give them his money .

Although Charlotte is certainly prideful, especially when it comes to her looks. Although I guess we know she grows up to have giant boobs, so she definitely has that going for her .

Ars still wants to do right by people like Charlotte and build a better place, though first he'll have to save her from the slave traders !

Cute HanaKana ED! And assuming that girl with Ars is her character, she seems to be his love interest ?
Old 2024-04-14, 20:50   Link #22
Strahan

Her pride is a bit much; she should have realized that had she accepted his offer, she'd be in a far better position to help the orphans than she is now.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-15, 08:40   Link #23
larethian

It's more like because of her strong distrust towards nobles, as highlighted by Rietz. At any rate, I feel that having a justifiable reason to make Ars unsuccessful in his recruitment creates a challenge for a more interesting development. The stars just tend to align too easily in most stories these days. Too bad this isn't going to last, and looks like she's going to join next episode.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-21, 12:40   Link #24
Frontier

When you've lived life as an orphan on the street, denied everything from food, kindness, and even basic human dignity, you're left with little but the strive to survive and not cry about your circumstances...no matter how desperate you are. And that's driven Charlotte up to this point .

And now she's caught by the slave trader (voiced by Cho!) who is ready to sell her back to a less than savory individual, but luckily Ars and Rietz show up just in time to bust some skulls and save her! And let her cry knowing that someone was finally there to stand up for her !

It's just kind of funny how Ars brings up stats like people other than him would know what they are .

Slave trade brought out all his guys, including a hulking brute, and Rietz takes them all down effortlessly. Their first mistake was ticking Lord Ars off .

Welp, Ars bought Charlotte's freedom, because that's probably the simplest solution, but at least it'll probably be a while before this merchant can rebuild his resources the way Rietz wrecked everything .

Once again reminding us that Ars is a small little boy with very little in the way of physical skills .

Even someone as cynical as Charlotte had a nice view of the city that made her cherish it and not give up. Just like Ars won't give up on his dream of a world where children, the most pure and precious thing in the world, get to live in safety and comfort. And that's a dream Charotte is worth swearing loyalty to Ars to fight for alongside him .

That S-Rank magic isn't just for show! Just a simple fireball is practically a nuke in Charlotte's hands! And it's totally boosting her ego .

It's sad to see Charlotte part from her kids, but at least her salary will go to sustaining them. And all that food Charlotte now gets to eat will probably go to her chest .

I love how Lord Raven thinks women shouldn't be on the battlefield but one blast from Charlotte and he's welcoming her with open arms. What an accepting father .
Old 2024-04-21, 12:41   Link #25
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Yeah at the pace this is going the series will end as soon as Ars has his dream team. Its reasonably entertaining so far, regardless.
Old 2024-04-21, 14:42   Link #26
magnuskn

Gotta wonder if the villains shown in the OP will even show up, if we are only getting the team together, or if they are just teases for a possible second cour.
Old 2024-04-21, 17:17   Link #27
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Gotta wonder if the villains shown in the OP will even show up, if we are only getting the team together, or if they are just teases for a possible second cour.
Well, we are only on episode 3 and we haven't even gotten all the characters introduced + the death of Ars' dad...
Old 2024-04-21, 21:44   Link #28
Strahan

Looking at ep 4 PV Charlotte, she must have been wearing a binder or something when she was still in rags cuz dayuuuuuuum lol. Where'd she hide those cannons under that outfit?

I wonder how many more teammates he'll be collecting before any plot happens.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-21, 22:18   Link #29
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Looking at ep 4 PV Charlotte, she must have been wearing a binder or something when she was still in rags cuz dayuuuuuuum lol. Where'd she hide those cannons under that outfit?

I wonder how many more teammates he'll be collecting before any plot happens.
Or good eating and living really does a wonder to a girls' body .
Old 2024-04-22, 00:12   Link #30
Alchemist007
*Author

Feels a bit odd they're just leaving the small orphan kids and taking the older girl alone.
Old 2024-04-22, 05:16   Link #31
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Feels a bit odd they're just leaving the small orphan kids and taking the older girl alone.
Yeah. That was super dumb, but that's because they're not actual characters, they're just part of the girl's backstory. And the girl isn't a character either, just the MC's fireball thrower.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-22, 07:02   Link #32
Kakkou
Tch.

How will their arrangement even work when the kids remain street urchins? Will he send someone to look into every alley until they find the kids and hand them a bag of the girl's wages before pissing off? What if someone sees the kids with money and robs them/accuses them of stealing? I hope they address this next week, even a simple comment that the kids have been given a home or whatever before carrying on with the story.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-22, 15:43   Link #33
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
How will their arrangement even work when the kids remain street urchins? Will he send someone to look into every alley until they find the kids and hand them a bag of the girl's wages before pissing off? What if someone sees the kids with money and robs them/accuses them of stealing? I hope they address this next week, even a simple comment that the kids have been given a home or whatever before carrying on with the story.
I kind of assumed they came up with some kind of stable living situation for the kids so as Charlotte's salary can go to something even if they didn't show it because it makes no sense to leave them on the streets .
Old 2024-04-22, 20:17   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that mostly worked out. Presumably they'd have to move the kids into some sort of orphanage (if those even exist) or secure some kind of housing. Since no way to simply wire them her regular wages. Someone's got to deliver them and they'd need somewhere to deliver it to. So I'll just presume that all got worked out off screen it's the less exciting stuff. Obviously this sort of thing needs a lot of time to sort out. But I'm fine with them passing on that since it's certainly possible to sort that stuff out reasonably well.

Charlotte is definitely packing firepower. I half expected her to get a trial run versus the slavers, but Rietz was OP enough to handle everything. Sending a bunch of idiots armed with broken bottles really wasn't going to phase him. And a military drop out isn't that much better. Obviously that guy had some skills, but Rietz can fight Ars' father (with a handicap). So he can certainly manage thugs like that.

Glad that Charlotte regained some life and has a future to look forward to. She's got talent and is finally able to tap into that. With some training and good magical tools she'll be a total monster in her own right.
Old 2024-04-23, 03:53   Link #35
larethian

question, does MC grow up later?
Old 2024-04-23, 04:23   Link #36
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

He grows to up to what he looks like at the very beginning of episode 1, and shown in the OP. He'll be 9 years old by then I think.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-23, 04:38   Link #37
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I kind of assumed they came up with some kind of stable living situation for the kids so as Charlotte's salary can go to something even if they didn't show it because it makes no sense to leave them on the streets .
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Presumably they'd have to move the kids into some sort of orphanage (if those even exist) or secure some kind of housing. Since no way to simply wire them her regular wages. Someone's got to deliver them and they'd need somewhere to deliver it to. So I'll just presume that all got worked out off screen it's the less exciting stuff. Obviously this sort of thing needs a lot of time to sort out. But I'm fine with them passing on that since it's certainly possible to sort that stuff out reasonably well.
The thing that bugs me is that this could have been wrapped up with a single line of Charlotte asking Ars to find a place for the kids and the story will never have to touch on those kids ever again, instead of the somewhat awkward and questionable way it was handled here. A minor matter in the long run but it does raise an eyebrow.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-23, 16:53   Link #38
Chosen_Hero

Fuck the orphan kids I guess, as long as the MC gets his OP mage.
Old 2024-04-24, 11:55   Link #39
scififan

The Bakuretsu(EXPLOSION) is the firework can seen by everyone in the horizon. If the bad guys try to mess with the kids, they will think twice. Unless, they don't care what happened to them.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-24, 20:35   Link #40
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
He grows to up to what he looks like at the very beginning of episode 1, and shown in the OP. He'll be 9 years old by then I think.
Didn't pay attention to OP, thanks