AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-30, 01:11   Link #821
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

So Yuu is like Sylar from Heroes, only without all the icky head-slicing-open stuff.

One thing I have to wonder now - Do the powers really go away once the kids grow up? Or was that just a lie Nao tells people... or maybe a lie told to Nao, and Nao doesn't know it's a lie? After alll, how old is the brother now? I imagine we'll find that out next week.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 01:16   Link #822
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Why does it feel that the time loop twist was the pizza sauce in the story?
You know, a disappointingly sickening cliche to some, and a sweet welcoming treat to others?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 01:41   Link #823
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMaster View Post
Well, guess I'll be the 1st with the complaints this week.

You know, I can't help but see the concept of time travel as a cop-out the more I see it, unless the show revolves around it(not that it can't be screwed up even then). It's what often some previous events pointless for the most part. This is one of the worst examples too, IMO, as it just appears like a convenient twist, a concept that had absolutely no part in the anime for 9 freaking episodes.

The imouto was nothing more than a moeblob plot device(an annoying one but hey, everyone has their tastes) but a plot device needn't be such a bad thing when if it at least serves it's purpose and the story then moves on. Now, she's LESS than a plot device. Yuu's descent in ep 7 felt pretty damn pointless as it was seeing how quickly and easily it was resolved, not to mention how ridiculously over-the-top it was(and not in the good way). Now it feel's even more pointless, which I didn't think was possible.

I'd rather Maeda focuses more on developing the relationship between Yuu & Nao better, which is the one thing that could make use of all the previous episodes in order for the development to feel genuine.

On the bright side, there were none of those horrible Yusa fanboying gags this week!
Time travel wasn't a free lunch for Homura. If Yuu has to pay a significant price to bring his sister back, I'll be happy.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 01:55   Link #824
Hiro Hayase

My theory is that the "powers" are similar to the ones in the anime Towards The Terra, where people with psychic powers become more crippled as they age.

The big brother and the lead singer from Zheind are both blind(?) or each person gets a disability of one of their five senses. Or maybe the costs are similar to the powers in Darker than Black anime, where you pay a every time every time you use them or just pay a price when a substantial amount is used at once.
Old 2015-08-30, 02:36   Link #825
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Well, that was shocking I wasn't too surprised because of the interview I read with Maeda about upcoming episodes. I suspected a time thing with the opening. Also wasn't too surprised since Maeda has been writing timeline stuff for a while and other worlds. I just think a lot happened in the episode so it's a lot to digest.

So many questions have been raised now. I think I'll just wait and see what happens. But, I do hope that they don't bring his sister back. I also have some kind of theory for the end with Nao since we found out about her power but I wonder if it'll go that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
When will we get another AIR
AIR's ending wasn't well received and that's why I believe we don't see certain things happening in endings and why another game ending was changed.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 03:04   Link #826
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I'm not quite getting it. If Brother went back into the past and prevented everyone from getting captured, then why exactly would they need to erase Ayu's and Yuu's memories? Wouldn't everyone who was caught naturally NOT know of the timeline in which they did get caught? It never happened, so they shouldn't have any memory of it. Furthermore, knowing what Brother knew Ayu's and Yuu's powers were going to be, and the fact that they'll eventually awaken, why didn't he take the initiative to bring them in before things got out of hand?

Lots of questions I hope to get answered next week =01.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 03:25   Link #827
cyth
Banned

Few questions about the significance of certain events.

1. What good was the knowledge to the viewer that Ayumi survived the D-Block collapse, given that the world was to have supposedly change?

2. Why did Shunsuke's nakama have to erase Yuu's memories? Wouldn't it be more efficient to reconnect as soon as possible?

3. If this world has indeed changed, why don't other people remember the other world?

4. Why did the school gate guard in episode six knew the other Shunsuke nakama while she was running to rescue Ayumi?

To answer the first question, the knowledge that Ayumi was still alive can imply that the world HASN'T changed at all. She survived and Yuu and Shunsuke's friends bulldozed their way through to escape the facility. That, or maybe it was to signify that Ayumi is actually, right now, still alive and that no time leaping will have to occur. This also means that Shunsuke is misleading Yuu.

A possible answer to the second question is that Yuu had his memories erased on purpose and is seen by Shunsuke more as a threat, even in this timeline.

For the third, everything seems more indicative that the world has indeed changed. Again, the only explanation as to why block Yuu's memories is because he is seen as a threat.

As for the fourth, given that there are certain parallels in events between the two worlds, it's not inconceivable that Shunsuke also owns the other school where Ayumi is in. That's why the guard identified her nakama. Ayumi's school is the "D-Block" of the current timeline which she eventually collapses. That also means the yandere could have been there as a consequence of parallelism, to "forcefully" trigger her powers. Wow, that plot device almost sounds okay now.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 03:44   Link #828
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I'm not quite getting it. If Brother went back into the past and prevented everyone from getting captured, then why exactly would they need to erase Ayu's and Yuu's memories? Wouldn't everyone who was caught naturally NOT know of the timeline in which they did get caught? It never happened, so they shouldn't have any memory of it. Furthermore, knowing what Brother knew Ayu's and Yuu's powers were going to be, and the fact that they'll eventually awaken, why didn't he take the initiative to bring them in before things got out of hand?

Lots of questions I hope to get answered next week =01.
He had Ayu and Yu's memories erased because he didn't want them to get involved. He probably time-leaped to the time he was a kid and it took him years to count the evil scientists' plan. I don't know why he didn't reveal himself to Yu sooner though.
Old 2015-08-30, 03:58   Link #829
Marina2

@cyth

Maybe this show also use "even though you can do time travel, the outcome of certain situation is always the same" plot like in Steins;gate.

For example: Ayumi always trigger her power and then "die" in someway no matter how many time Shunsuke do time travel to change this outcome.

Next ep, probably show Shunsuke' go through many time loop untill he reach the present.

It is possible that his blindness prevent him from doing any further time leap. As the condition to activate his power is: He must see the light.
Old 2015-08-30, 04:34   Link #830
ValvraveTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Few questions about the significance of certain events.

1. What good was the knowledge to the viewer that Ayumi survived the D-Block collapse, given that the world was to have supposedly change?

2. Why did Shunsuke's nakama have to erase Yuu's memories? Wouldn't it be more efficient to reconnect as soon as possible?

3. If this world has indeed changed, why don't other people remember the other world?

4. Why did the school gate guard in episode six knew the other Shunsuke nakama while she was running to rescue Ayumi?

To answer the first question, the knowledge that Ayumi was still alive can imply that the world HASN'T changed at all. She survived and Yuu and Shunsuke's friends bulldozed their way through to escape the facility. That, or maybe it was to signify that Ayumi is actually, right now, still alive and that no time leaping will have to occur. This also means that Shunsuke is misleading Yuu.

A possible answer to the second question is that Yuu had his memories erased on purpose and is seen by Shunsuke more as a threat, even in this timeline.

For the third, everything seems more indicative that the world has indeed changed. Again, the only explanation as to why block Yuu's memories is because he is seen as a threat.

As for the fourth, given that there are certain parallels in events between the two worlds, it's not inconceivable that Shunsuke also owns the other school where Ayumi is in. That's why the guard identified her nakama. Ayumi's school is the "D-Block" of the current timeline which she eventually collapses. That also means the yandere could have been there as a consequence of parallelism, to "forcefully" trigger her powers. Wow, that plot device almost sounds okay now.
Its impossible to answer question 1,2,3 as you must first know if Shunsuke was to time-leap back to the past then where is the past Shunsuke?

2. How can they even reconnect when the past Yuu has no memories of the future. All nakama did were just to erase Shunsuke from Yuu and Ayumi's memories, as Shunsuke has become an important person in past world and want to let Yuu/Ayumi have a normal life. Then again, where is the past Shunsuke?

3. If the world indeed changed, of course other people cant remember the other world. Why Yuu "dream" of it can be said to be the logic of parallel universes/dimension similiar to deja vu trigger by zhiend event.

4. Shunsuke owns the school as stated from the start. Nowadays some schools have combine system, means a school has elementary secondary,highschool together. The school guard let nakama in because she showed a proper pass to enter the school.

Well, lets wait for next episode that is going to explain most of the stuff.
Old 2015-08-30, 05:40   Link #831
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
3. If the world indeed changed, of course other people cant remember the other world. Why Yuu "dream" of it can be said to be the logic of parallel universes/dimension similiar to deja vu trigger by zhiend event.
But then why the need to erase his memories, if changing the world was going to cause that to everyone anyway?

Quote:
The school guard let nakama in because she showed a proper pass to enter the school.
It seemed like the guard knew she had an important position in the school, given his response.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 06:02   Link #832
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Holy crap, shit just got real.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 06:24   Link #833
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

watching all the discussions and speculations, that's why I gave up to think about all the possibilities and just watch how adorable Nao is in this episode

since I believe I would not be able to like Nao considering her attachment to Yuu's nii-san. I'm actually surprised that Yuu is actually a person that is very hard to believe and to be convinced. I think only Nao could do that to Yuu.

I also agree that probably all the power-user would ended up to be crippled after reaching certain age
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 06:26   Link #834
Yamada II

Episode 9
That engrish song though...

So many revelations here. These power wielders were all caught by the scientists and Shunuske time traveled back in order to prevent that from happening again. Nao finding the power wielders and convincing them not to use their powers is all part of Shunuske's plan. He led Nao on this path probably telling her that she can prevent what happened to her from happening to others.

Yuu's real power is to steal other powers. Which means that he has the baseball guy and flying guy's powers since Yuu took over them and thus gained their powers. Nao was probably trying to see if there is any side effect of Yuu taking over someone with abilities.

That girl who couldn't reach Ayumi in time was working with the person Nao relied on. So she was one of the good guys. That's assuming Shunuske and co don't have any ulterior motives or anything.

Just like Nao said, Kumagami looks cool with his hair not covering his face.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 08:43   Link #835
bastek66

Old 2015-08-30, 08:50   Link #836
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I have to say... for all the flaws Charlotte has, Nao might be Key's best female heroine... ever made . Or at least the cutest/most moe And not in a "special" way either.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 09:26   Link #837
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I have to say... for all the flaws Charlotte has, Nao might be Key's best female heroine... ever made . Or at least the cutest/most moe And not in a "special" way either.
I definitely agree with you there. For once not a heroine lead who the author tries to make us feel sorry for....
Old 2015-08-30, 09:32   Link #838
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

They could have handled that with a little more finesse and less infodumping, but hey it was better handled than most things I've seen.

I'm just hoping they handle this final story section properly.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 10:28   Link #839
Sixth
Hu Tao

How many episodes that this anime got?

1 cour? 2 cour?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 11:10   Link #840
Yamada II

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
How many episodes that this anime got?