AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2019-07-10, 21:18   Link #381
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Was the original cost $300? I bought the Splatoon bundle, and I think that was $300, but I don't recall the price of just the game system.
I think the Lite version is a good option to add with Pokemon coming up (and probably mainly because of Pokemon), but as someone who uses Game Capture software, it's not exactly an option for me.

I'm more worried that this closes any possibilities for a DS successor, since dual-screens were so good. (The Switch does have touch capabilities though)

Come to think of it, one problem of the Switch's touch features is that it is only capable of using it in portable mode, but you can't get game footage in portable mode, so it isn't possible to make videos showing off those features.
Maybe Nintendo should release an add-on that could somehow enable touching while in dock-mode.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 22:07   Link #382
Wandering Soul

I already have a PS4 hooked up to my TV and I'll probably mostly play in bed anyway. While I hear that some games suffer resolution problems when not docked, this still seems like a nice cheaper alternative to the Pro.
Old 2019-07-11, 05:25   Link #383
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I have spent the entire day laughing at the Switch fanboys who can't seem to wrap their heads around the idea of a handheld or that there are people who don't need it to connect to their tv's.
I don't get that either.... it's nice to take it out now and then, also great for vacations.
Old 2019-07-12, 10:47   Link #384
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
it has bluetooth and nfc, so it already makes the og switch look inferior
Sorry to disappoint you but I'm pretty sure that the original switch had both those features (NFC on the right joycon and bluetooth is used for the controllers). The downside is that you can't really use bluetooth for anything other than official nintendo acessories (most notably no BT headphones just like Sony on the PS4). It really annoys me that I need to carry my 3.5 cable for my headphones everytime I get on a plane now
Old 2019-07-12, 14:52   Link #385
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
I don't get that either.... it's nice to take it out now and then, also great for vacations.
Lol I've only used my switch docked like 3 times and that's when I play smash at friend's places and that's only because I have the most characters unlocked (I think everyone) on mine. So... yeah. Docked mode is fun for sure, but portable is great! Just being able to play in bed or while walking around the house is fantastic or while eating etc. It's nice. Of course, you can play in a car or wherever else too or at restaurants while going out with friends etc.

I do think the Switch Lite isn't really a SWITCH anymore though. :heh other than its game library. But it still sounds nice. I don't really need it since my Switch already has enough battery for my purposes as it is. I'll probably pick up the switch pro if that's a thing.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-13, 02:08   Link #386
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

8/1 - Omega Labyrinth
8/30 - Astral Chain
9/13 - Daemon X Machina (Maybe)
11/15 - Pokemon

Hmm... The question is what to do between these gaps. I still have half a month before my next new game... (Though I still need to finish one route in Langrisser Remake, so I guess maybe two weeks of opening)
And I know Astral Chain couldn't last me all the way to Pokemon. But I'm iffy on if I'm interested in Machina.

Another problem is how many of these games I want to import instead of DLing, because I might want the actual package. But importing costs more and I have to wait a few days for the game to come.
Hmm...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2019-07-13, 02:52   Link #387
sky black swordman

I am truly not sure about getting the Nintendo Switch Lite since I have a Nintendo Switch already. Although I appreciate the price drop on the Nintendo Switch Lite.
Old 2019-07-13, 04:14   Link #388
rladls2121

To me, Lite is more effective for one person use.
With the Original, there is Joy Cons and tv docking for other people allowed to play offline with better experience.

Last edited by rladls2121; 2019-07-13 at 04:26.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-13, 12:12   Link #389
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
To me, Lite is more effective for one person use.
With the Original, there is Joy Cons and tv docking for other people allowed to play offline with better experience.
Huh, now that you mention it I think it might make a very nice gift for my youngest brother come Christmas time. He likes Nintendo and their products. He currently plays games with my youngest sister's old Nintendo 3DS model. I got him a Pokemon game, Utra Moon, for it as he only had games more orientated toward girls. If he likes the games, good for him.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2019-07-13 at 12:32.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-13, 18:37   Link #390
rladls2121

As long the people are not interested in big screens and wants to play mostly alone, then it is not bad I assume.

It's hard for some people to lose the features like Hdmi tv display, and sharing the controllers for one screen multiplayer however.
I really love Joy Con that allows me to use just one other half of two controllers, and tv docking is too valuable for me.
Looking at small screen so often is unbearable for me.
Same as I don't want to get a smartphone that does not have Slimport and Mhl.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 11:19   Link #391
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
8/1 - Omega Labyrinth
8/30 - Astral Chain
9/13 - Daemon X Machina (Maybe)
11/15 - Pokemon

Hmm... The question is what to do between these gaps. I still have half a month before my next new game... (Though I still need to finish one route in Langrisser Remake, so I guess maybe two weeks of opening)
And I know Astral Chain couldn't last me all the way to Pokemon. But I'm iffy on if I'm interested in Machina.

Another problem is how many of these games I want to import instead of DLing, because I might want the actual package. But importing costs more and I have to wait a few days for the game to come.
Hmm...
There's a rumor due to Amazon listings that Luigi's Mansion my be coming in the beginning of October.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 17:49   Link #392
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

This wait for Fire Emblem + DLC is sad. I already downloaded it onto my switch and now I don't want to uninstall and reinstall it later so I have to play other stuff for the next 12 days, lol.

I've somehow avoided most of the details about it which is nice. Still wondering when the Dragon quest smash dlc is coming... sigh.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2019-07-14, 21:06   Link #393
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

So how does the Nintendo ticket thing work? (The two-games-for-100 thing)
When you buy the ticket, do you have to choose the games immediately? Or do you get to use the tickets when you buy the game?
As far as I can tell from the list, Astral Chain/Pokemon would be perfect, but it says that Pokemon is "to be" choosable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There's a rumor due to Amazon listings that Luigi's Mansion my be coming in the beginning of October.
Hmm, I haven't played any of the previous games though, so I'm probably skipping out on that. I just recalled Compile Hearts was going to release that Mary Shceuter-something-2 port in August...? Might get that, since it comes with the first game too.

Old 2019-07-16, 07:07   Link #394
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
So how does the Nintendo ticket thing work? (The two-games-for-100 thing)
When you buy the ticket, do you have to choose the games immediately? Or do you get to use the tickets when you buy the game?
As far as I can tell from the list, Astral Chain/Pokemon would be perfect, but it says that Pokemon is "to be" choosable.

Hmm, I haven't played any of the previous games though, so I'm probably skipping out on that. I just recalled Compile Hearts was going to release that Mary Shceuter-something-2 port in August...? Might get that, since it comes with the first game too.
You pay 100 bucks. You get 2 vouchers that you can use any time within a year to buy any two games. Obviously, you should use them on $60 games to save as much money as possible, though it depends on what you want to buy with it. I think you can buy up to 8 at a time (so 4 times) and the offer expires at the end of the month.

Also, you can't use it to get expansion passes. That's paid separately. I learned that the hard way with Fire Emblem lmao because I didn't want to miss losing out on the day 1 dlc. Still have two passes left that I'm saving.

Old 2019-07-16, 22:41   Link #395
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
You pay 100 bucks. You get 2 vouchers that you can use any time within a year to buy any two games. Obviously, you should use them on $60 games to save as much money as possible, though it depends on what you want to buy with it. I think you can buy up to 8 at a time (so 4 times) and the offer expires at the end of the month.

Also, you can't use it to get expansion passes. That's paid separately. I learned that the hard way with Fire Emblem lmao because I didn't want to miss losing out on the day 1 dlc. Still have two passes left that I'm saving.
Huh, I see. Cool. Thanks.

Lol, IS doing DLC again? Don't really care about that game, so I haven't bothered researching, but I bet half the DLC are grinding maps and class changes?

Old 2019-07-17, 07:22   Link #396
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Huh, I see. Cool. Thanks.

Lol, IS doing DLC again? Don't really care about that game, so I haven't bothered researching, but I bet half the DLC are grinding maps and class changes?
Apparently there’s a lot of story too. They’ve already made all the waves clear for us in advance for all four waves so I’m being a bit optimistic since they already gave us the full price for all four waves as part of the expansion pass.

Old 2019-07-18, 17:56   Link #397
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Apparently there’s a lot of story too. They’ve already made all the waves clear for us in advance for all four waves so I’m being a bit optimistic since they already gave us the full price for all four waves as part of the expansion pass.
I'm not on serenade's level of pessimism, but I think calling the waves "clear" (other than the number of them) is a bit incorrect (unless I'm just misunderstanding your statement).

Wave 1 - Officer Outfits for the MC? It reads like this should be a bonus, but it's also all that's listed for wave 1.

Wave 2 - Some "auxiliary battle maps", in game support items, "and more"

Wave 3 - Quests and costumes and a free update

Wave 4 - New story content, new playable characters/locations, and a free update.

So looking at this, wave 4 is the only one that looks even halfway decent as it stands. However, it's also 9.5 months away, so it's as good as useless unless the additional story is absolutely massive.

As far as the voucher goes... I'm very tempted to get it myself. Problem is, I have a 25% off physical video game coupon that expires at the end of the month too. I know I want to get Three Houses (usually prefer physical but could accept digital), and I think I'd enjoy Mario Maker 2 as a digital game. Otherwise looking at the current voucher list, the only other thing I'd want would be DQXI. But my RPG backlog is so huge as it is that this probably wouldn't get played for years.

Though I also have like $34 in eshop credit that I've had since Awakening came out that I still haven't used, so that'd probably make the voucher cheaper...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 20:00   Link #398
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Though I also have like $34 in eshop credit that I've had since Awakening came out that I still haven't used, so that'd probably make the voucher cheaper...
If you eventually plan to play it and have money to spare, I'd just get it cheap while you can. @Dragon Quest

I bought Corpse Party for like 10$ or something a couple of years ago and have just finally gotten to playing it.
...But I'm kinda scared and don't feel like playing it anymore...

Old 2019-07-18, 20:49   Link #399
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm not on serenade's level of pessimism, but I think calling the waves "clear" (other than the number of them) is a bit incorrect (unless I'm just misunderstanding your statement).

Wave 1 - Officer Outfits for the MC? It reads like this should be a bonus, but it's also all that's listed for wave 1.

Wave 2 - Some "auxiliary battle maps", in game support items, "and more"

Wave 3 - Quests and costumes and a free update

Wave 4 - New story content, new playable characters/locations, and a free update.

So looking at this, wave 4 is the only one that looks even halfway decent as it stands. However, it's also 9.5 months away, so it's as good as useless unless the additional story is absolutely massive.

As far as the voucher goes... I'm very tempted to get it myself. Problem is, I have a 25% off physical video game coupon that expires at the end of the month too. I know I want to get Three Houses (usually prefer physical but could accept digital), and I think I'd enjoy Mario Maker 2 as a digital game. Otherwise looking at the current voucher list, the only other thing I'd want would be DQXI. But my RPG backlog is so huge as it is that this probably wouldn't get played for years.

I'm doing my best to get multiple pairs of vouchers so I can "save" money on games I'd expect myself to buy anyway within the next year. That's a shame about DQXI it does look really good (I say as someone who sunk over 100 hours into the pc version and is double-dipping, lol, since my pc was way too weak to play that game in a proper sense).

Yeah, the dlc is certainly vague in a sense, but what I do know is that for both Awakening and Fates the dlc stuff that I did see actually looked really interesting and I did pick up a few dlc things for both and actually enjoyed them especially for grinding purposes in making things easier for myself on lunatic (which I realize defeats the purpose, but eh). Anyway, I suspect that I'll likely enjoy most if not all of the dlc so I'm excited for it since I enjoyed the very few bits and pieces I played of past dlc (some of which looked really cool). I just think it's nice to at least give us a vague outline of what the dlc will be like this time and give us an expansion pass for it. This practice is pretty nice. Like I said before, I avoided the Valencia dlc after losing my Japanese 3ds so I guess I got saved, lol.

@Serenade Corpse Party sounds absolutely terrifying from everything I know about it. I respect you for even buying it in the first place.

Old 2019-07-19, 15:49   Link #400
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

So I saw on Play-Asia that the "Asia" version of Omega Labyrinth costs less than the Japanese version, despite also having subtitles (which I will not need, but I guess may be useful if I plan to make a video on it).

Just making sure, but there should be no problems with playing the Asia version on any versions of the Switch, right?
Except that I may not have access to the DLC, which resides in the specific language E-Shops?