AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 22 31.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 34.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 23.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-12, 03:46   Link #81
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Three warring sides, multiple smaller factions in the background and one of the factions are the yellow-scarved rebels?

I should've known this show would become Romance of the Three Kingdoms...
Yeah, I just realised the RotTK reference this morning.
Old 2010-05-12, 04:15   Link #82
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Izaya, ain't it? I don't remember; did he do another episode before?
Nope. First time I think.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-05-12, 07:24   Link #83
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
we don't know exactly what Anri learn form the d-Saika but whether she knows about Izaya or not. i think she is in the best position to find out. Just due to the fact that she knows whatever the person that d-saika infects.
Oh, okay. The narration made it sound like she knew all about his plans and everything.

Quote:
Three warring sides, multiple smaller factions in the background and one of the factions are the yellow-scarved rebels?

That's right! I hate to say this, but it's like how Naruto has RotTK in the story too.

Are all stories where three factions end up facing each other references to RotTK? Or is it just a convenient plot device? Or both (lol)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah, I just realised the RotTK reference this morning.
I realized it once SuperKnuckles brought it up, lol.
Old 2010-05-12, 10:42   Link #84
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally watch this ep :

That was great .

Celty : "He's strong .. no , he's terrifying ... no , he's awesome"

+1 Shizuo is awesome and lol he did "Tatsumaki Senpukyaku"

When i'm looking at Shizuo and Celty relationships , i find that Shizuo x Celty is more suitable than Celty x Shinra .

For Anri , i excepted some badass action , well it doesn't matter .

Damn , now it'll be a big mess , Anri = Slashers/Saika she's careful against Izaya , Mikado = Dollars , Kida = Yellow Scarves they will fight

Ow and The Saika knife version doesn't work now ?
Old 2010-05-12, 11:34   Link #85
kitten320

The animation with Shizuo's fight looked strange... it looked like he was made of rubber

So now it is Yellow scarves arc?

I guess the final one will be with them fighting each other. That will be interesting... wonder what they'll do when they will find out the leaders of each group...

By the way... what exactly did Mikado mean when he said "She is a girl"... I didn't get the meaning behind it.
Old 2010-05-12, 11:53   Link #86
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
By the way... what exactly did Mikado mean when he said "She is a girl"... I didn't get the meaning behind it.
Anri kept referring to Celty as a boy, but she is a girl. He also doesn't want her to start liking Celty under the mistake that she is a he.
Old 2010-05-12, 14:25   Link #87
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Anri kept referring to Celty as a boy, but she is a girl. He also doesn't want her to start liking Celty under the mistake that she is a he.
I didn't notice that Anri referred to Celty as a boy. So I didn't get Mikado's thought then either.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-05-12, 14:56   Link #88
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I didn't notice that Anri referred to Celty as a boy. So I didn't get Mikado's thought then either.
Yupp. I wonder why she thinks he is a guy. It's kind of obvious what Celty's gender is, so it makes me wonder if Anri is going that on purpose to get a rise out of Mikado or something.
Old 2010-05-12, 17:21   Link #89
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Yupp. I wonder why she thinks he is a guy. It's kind of obvious what Celty's gender is, so it makes me wonder if Anri is going that on purpose to get a rise out of Mikado or something.
The misunderstanding is easier to believe in the novels, but the way the anime is done makes it hard to accept.
Old 2010-05-12, 17:44   Link #90
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
She doesn't actually directly use any gender-specific pronouns, but Mikado interprets her 'fangirling' of Celty as 'kakoii' (a word usually used to describe guys) to mean that she admires/is interested in this mysterious person who saved her.

(Which she does. Ah, and she does seem to think Celty is a guy though - it's just that it's not so obvious from just the language).

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-05-12, 23:30   Link #91
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Kinda reminded me or Code Geass
Overall was a great episode 8/10
Old 2010-05-12, 23:39   Link #92
balolmeep

Mikado's so jealous ^^

Though, I am curious to how Mikado's and Celty's relationship will shift as the story progresses.

And, Celty, You are just awesome, I love you, so cool, and modest and everything! *blows a kiss* Now go give Haruna to Shinra so he can dissect her and have a new toy. Seriously though, Celty, quit being overly modest! You can totally kickass, and digging the super cool shadow powers always. Love that she's basically Shizuo's fangirl too! Their relationship is perfect as just friends and is so funny.

But, Then I wanna get into a point I haven't seen discussed yet.(Or I'm blind and don't pay attention... which is likely). When Anri was alone in the alley, she was having her usual illusions of happy times with her family. Then the image of Mikado and Kida-kun appeared, and two things of note. One is that this vision was in color, unlike the others. Second, if this is another one of her "illusions" of what the truth it, what does this ultimately mean for their relationship? Just lots of strong foreshadowing vibes, but how to interpret them...

While it has been established that Anri doesn't feel she can love anyone, Mikado clearly has growing more deep feelings for her. Maybe the illusion was more in reference to the the futility of Mikado's feelings. The whole whisper of "I can't love you but I don't mind you" particularly gives me that impression.

All in all, this episode was anticlimactic, but I liked this one way better than the last, just because it is setting up a really anticipated arc, but also because it returns more to the nice storytelling/foreshadowing charm other episodes have, rather than a feeling of "this is a forced story we have to tell you so shit makes some sense later, kay?" is more what I got from the first half of this episode and the last. They weren't bad, just not as good. The end made me want to watch the next episode real badly, which the previous episode didn't as much.

Also, rofl at Namie having nothing better to do still than to sit around with Izaya and talk about stuffs.
"You know, your name is weird..."
"Oh yeah? Well, you have a weird brother fetish! Hah!"
"....that...that's not very nice..."

I need to quit talking to myself now...
Old 2010-05-13, 02:02   Link #93
Velsy

I just caught up to this episode, and well I had figured that there was more than 1 slasher. The sword possessing thing confirmed that for me. Made my thoery more sense.

As for Anri, shes kinda been the most boring character to me. Well I get bored when she'd have solo screen time. So I wasnt overly excited when she revealed what she was.

Shizou was aweosme however, I get excited when he gets mad. the ole mustang eyebrow!

Curious to know how this is going to finish. Whats Izaya stiring up O_O

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-05-13, 02:18   Link #94
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by balolmeep View Post
But, Then I wanna get into a point I haven't seen discussed yet.(Or I'm blind and don't pay attention... which is likely). When Anri was alone in the alley, she was having her usual illusions of happy times with her family. Then the image of Mikado and Kida-kun appeared, and two things of note. One is that this vision was in color, unlike the others. Second, if this is another one of her "illusions" of what the truth it, what does this ultimately mean for their relationship? Just lots of strong foreshadowing vibes, but how to interpret them...

While it has been established that Anri doesn't feel she can love anyone, Mikado clearly has growing more deep feelings for her. Maybe the illusion was more in reference to the the futility of Mikado's feelings. The whole whisper of "I can't love you but I don't mind you" particularly gives me that impression.
That part wasn't an a illusion which was the point. It symbolizes that bit by bit Anri is opening up and that Mikado and Masaomi have become the "silver lining" in her life. She actually hears Saika's voice a bit even though she probably still doesn't understand "love" she knows she cares for those two, hence her remark about Izaya.
Old 2010-05-13, 15:31   Link #95
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

Im glad to see others got that reference. Its like Izaya is some sort twisted Zhuge Liang trying to creative heavenly triangle.
Old 2010-05-13, 16:33   Link #96
BigFire

An explanation of why as cut up as Shizuo didn't get affected by all of the cut he got:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-14, 21:36   Link #97
Kirarakim

About Anri mistaking Celty for a guy don't give her such a hard time because in the very first couple episodes before we heard her voice I thought she was a guy too (yeah I didn't notice her ahem chest before).
Old 2010-05-15, 13:13   Link #98
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Also she had attacked Celty from behind
Anyways, great episode, moment of awesome being the final few lines of Kida's...let the war begin!
Closed Thread