AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-15, 22:26   Link #11021
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

At this point i'm following most of you in saying i dont want to see someone win 3 necklaces, wether or not they deserve them its not fun to see.

anyone but her, i'd prefer if FATE would win, this will more then likey be her best chance cause diamond has 2 tough matches :/
Old 2008-07-15, 23:27   Link #11022
kamo

Spoiler for votes:
Old 2008-07-15, 23:36   Link #11023
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Spoiler for votes:
Old 2008-07-16, 00:04   Link #11024
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Hopefully I can help OceanBlue proofread for great posterity.

Copypasta:

- Actually, there are two websites you can follow, both of which are listed below:

Change it to "There are actually two websites you can follow, both of which are listed below" my English grammar is a little rusty but this helps by making one clause dependant on the other. (Feel free to correct me)

-As opposed to ISML, which tries to determine the single most female moe character of all-time, Saimoe Japan determines the single most female moe character among a few thousand candidates from anime released in the previous fiscal year.

Agreed with Oceanblue, its unclear what you are talkinh about. Re-order it to "single most moe female character"

And actually, I like the "few thousand" bit, if just for emphasis's sake.

-Unfortunately, this isn't as a free vote as the ISML voting page.

Trying to say that it isn't open to all due to restrictions? I don't know here but I agree, please rephrase.

-Go to the code generator and generate a code. The code will be generated at that point.

Redundancy after the full stop.

-It will be easier to do cut and paste, however.

"cut and paste" is generally seen as a verb. You don't need, "do".

-who usually tip the votes to an unfair advantage.

-The Anime Saimoe Tournament of Japan has lately been accepting votes internationally, although votes are weighted toward Japanese voters.

Rephrase to: "As of late, the Anime Saimoe Tournament of Japan HAS been accpeting international votes. However, the majority of the voting power still lies in the hands of the Japanese (voters?)"

Feel free to correct me here OB.

EDIT: OFF TO VOTE NOW.
Old 2008-07-16, 00:40   Link #11025
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Vote:
Old 2008-07-16, 00:42   Link #11026
-Umbra-

Spoiler for Ruby 2 Votes:
Old 2008-07-16, 00:43   Link #11027
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
@ OceanBlue & Final Fyre - thanks for the input. Will attempt to fix these in the morning.

About Kagami's possible opposition - the only girl who is remotely close to matching Kagami is Shana, who actually has a similar schedule - easy with the exception of Nanoha. However, while Shana's schedule is virtually "spread-out" weak (note, a slightly less impressive Nayuki and a slipping Mikuru), Kagami has to go against arguably 7 of the weakest candidates in ISML, and that's where the spread comes from.

I have to agree with everybody else that only Kotomi has any shot at beating Kagami. Looking at Kotomi's schedule, it looks like she could be on par for an 8-1 record, the loss being Kagami. (Louise is a possible wildcard). Maybe it's time to find some Key forums and get them in this as well, though this does bend the KyoAni bias. However, it's easier to get them in the game because unlike our other targets, Kyou, Tomoyo, and Kotomi are pretty much in the top 16 showdown, and the only thing left for those three is to help Nagisa as well as improve their own seeds. And if Kotomi's wins keep up, we may see her in contention for the Ruby necklace, although I would expect to see the Key crowd bend toward either Kyou or Tomoyo. (Which I hope could be a nice Ruby showdown.)
Old 2008-07-16, 00:49   Link #11028
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You do realize the irony of calling in a Key support machine to combat any contestant in a Saimoe competition?
Old 2008-07-16, 00:52   Link #11029
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You do realize the irony of calling in a Key support machine to combat any contestant in a Saimoe competition?
It was either Key or Shana. Better to take it head on than to go around the situation.
Old 2008-07-16, 01:03   Link #11030
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhtam
Maybe it's time to find some Key forums and get them in this as well, though this does bend the KyoAni bias.
WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU THINKING!?
Regardless the motive, that's a very bad idea. While it may increase support for Kotomi, it certainly wont decrease support for Kagami. Most people think key and Kyoani go hand in hand, anyways.
On that note, Shana's schedule is nowhere near as easy as Kagami's. Nanoha is probably nearly on par with Kotomi, but that's Kagami's only tough match. The rest are basically the bottom half of the 64contestants. Mikuru and Nayuki will do more than enough to slow down Shana.. However, if Kagami does lose to Kotomi, then It's fair game from there. Shana's schedule might be slightly easier than most, but I remember seeing a few character schedules with arguable easier matchups.
Old 2008-07-16, 01:22   Link #11031
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well if you want Kagami to not gain another necklace, you are fast running out of options.

A suggestion would be to dig up the Nanoha-Fate groups to vote Kotomi on that day, but even that might not be enough hate voting to take out the consistant 400+ vote Kagami is getting at present.

The other way is hope someone goes hard into the period to match or overtake Kagami in votes (like say Haruhi), and gain the upperhand that way. Konata and Kotomi will be roughly equal hinderances to their respective vote differance.

The other way would be to get that Negima group back, but they won't come...none of their girls have enough of a chance this period unless Setsuna can swing 400+ votes, as the other four have already lost a round.

Plus the Lucky Star fan groups can read our plots anyway. I'm going to go by moe over hate at this point. Kagami vs Kotomi is a close call. I might have to roll for it (though the Noto voice calls for me).
Old 2008-07-16, 01:29   Link #11032
wontaek

Negima fan base can achieve one great objective if they come back: They can make sure Setsuna stays above .500 so she can automatically qualify for the next year. Since she may be the only one with good chance of qualifying for the next year, I'd say that is a very good carrot to dangle in front of Negima Fan group. We need site mail campaign Warriorkk
Old 2008-07-16, 01:35   Link #11033
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Negima fan base can achieve one great objective if they come back: They can make sure Setsuna stays above .500 so she can automatically qualify for the next year. Since she may be the only one with good chance of qualifying for the next year, I'd say that is a very good carrot to dangle in front of Negima Fan group. We need site mail campaign Warriorkk
You are correct but you missed one minor detail - Evangeline (the other Negima Topaz 9-0) is only 2 wins away from the .500 qualification, and the way Kagami has been gobbling up necklaces, we may end up seeing all of the .500 winners come back. Or we may not. Either way, this is storing up for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU THINKING!?
Regardless the motive, that's a very bad idea. While it may increase support for Kotomi, it certainly wont decrease support for Kagami. Most people think key and Kyoani go hand in hand, anyways.
On that note, Shana's schedule is nowhere near as easy as Kagami's. Nanoha is probably nearly on par with Kotomi, but that's Kagami's only tough match. The rest are basically the bottom half of the 64contestants. Mikuru and Nayuki will do more than enough to slow down Shana.. However, if Kagami does lose to Kotomi, then It's fair game from there. Shana's schedule might be slightly easier than most, but I remember seeing a few character schedules with arguable easier matchups.
I didn't intend to decrease support for Kagami. If your enemies have more men (or women in this case), you recruit your own.
Old 2008-07-16, 01:38   Link #11034
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
You are correct but you missed one minor detail - Evangeline (the other Negima Topaz 9-0) is only 2 wins away from the .500 qualification, and the way Kagami has been gobbling up necklaces, we may end up seeing all of the .500 winners come back. Or we may not. Either way, this is storing up for next year.
Shhh... dun let them know..

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2008-07-16, 03:55   Link #11035
bubbleum
~ Lilium ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Naw. He cares for the Rozen Maidens as well.
Who doesn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I'll recommend you some good animes to watch, so feel free to ask!
Thanks for showing interest, appreciate it . It's not that I don't have animes to watch, just don't have the time for it ... till now. Time for my summer vacation and is there really anything better you can do in the summer than watching anime (actually a few things come to mind but if I note them down that'll completely ruin the euphoric anime appreciation feeling in the sentence).

Guys&Gals, next time you vote remember - there's a reason why Chikaru was 4th and Tamao 13th in Japan 06.
Spoiler for Reason:

Anyway, wasted too much forum space, Vote button clicked.

Lurk Mode *ON*
Old 2008-07-16, 04:03   Link #11036
matteas
Member Member

Spoiler for Ruby 2 votes:

I still think that Fate has the highest chance to prevent Kagami from getting third necklace. She doesn't have too hard opponents, and if Fate fans would vote for Kotomi in her match with Kagami, she could make it. Or the other conclusion could be that Kotomi will get the Ruby necklace.
But if Kagami beats Kotomi, it will be almost sure that she will get the necklace, because she always gets very high amount of votes and her opponents in Ruby are the very opposite. So she would most likely win, even if it came on the votes differential.
Old 2008-07-16, 04:32   Link #11037
jon0lim

Why does it seem like I am the only person in this thread who feels that Kagami deserves 3 necklaces? O o
Old 2008-07-16, 05:07   Link #11038
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleum View Post
Who doesn't?

Thanks for showing interest, appreciate it . It's not that I don't have animes to watch, just don't have the time for it ... till now. Time for my summer vacation and is there really anything better you can do in the summer than watching anime (actually a few things come to mind but if I note them down that'll completely ruin the euphoric anime appreciation feeling in the sentence).

Guys&Gals, next time you vote remember - there's a reason why Chikaru was 4th and Tamao 13th in Japan 06.
Spoiler for Reason:

Lurk Mode *ON*
Well, Chikaru is the only reason why I watched entire Strawberry Panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon0lim View Post
Why does it seem like I am the only person in this thread who feels that Kagami deserves 3 necklaces? O o
I am neutral about this, and feels that this is way too early to talk about who wins Ruby. If we can persuade about 100 more people to vote regularly, depending on the tendency of the new people, we may get a totally new dynamic come to play and render moot all our predictions.
Old 2008-07-16, 07:12   Link #11039
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleum View Post
Who doesn't?

Spoiler for Reason:

Lurk Mode *ON*
Alright, well I can recommend you some now, for Saimoe purposes ofcourse.

Leaving bias aside, I think these are the series you should watch for Saimoe. You will probably enjoy most of them too.

Spoiler for Long list of most series from Saimoe:

Okay, I just woke up and was half asleep while typing, not to mention how starving I am... So yea, I got lazy half-way through...

Oh, and make sure to watch Kamichu for Eater. I approve.

Last edited by Demi.; 2008-07-16 at 07:27.
Old 2008-07-16, 07:42   Link #11040
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Woow.
You have way too much free time, Dems my buddy.
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe