Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-11, 09:51   Link #421
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I'd rather have the Mental Model herself

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 12:24   Link #422
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

She's got one seriously fine stern
Old 2013-10-11, 14:10   Link #423
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Is it wrong to say, If somehow I obtained that 1 day ticket as Takao's captain, the first thing I'm going to do is to checkout her engines.
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 14:12   Link #424
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

I'm surprised there aren't so many Haruna fans. why? her marriage proposal to Makie wasn't good enough for you guys?
Old 2013-10-11, 16:06   Link #425
Tenzen12

Haruna is good, and her proposal was awesomely heartwarming, but loli power is strong (and in my case I have my priority clearly set). I do like Haruna a lot though.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 16:23   Link #426
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Takao or bust.

Or Takao's bust.

I'm flexible.

I hope the anime goes places. I hope it doesn't deviate from the manga plot too much... A guy can dream.
Old 2013-10-11, 16:32   Link #427
Tenzen12

Takao once when she heard humans like big busts though idea of instaling ones on her ship hull. Are you flexible enough for that?
Old 2013-10-11, 20:32   Link #428
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Newtype
Old 2013-10-11, 20:35   Link #429
Tenzen12

Guess what I just put on my desktop?
Old 2013-10-11, 21:47   Link #430
Iron Maw
Banned

Ep 1

Hmm, I don't remember much of the first chapter in the manga, but I don't recall a lot of detail being revealed on how Iona and Gunzou first meet in the original material. And for the manga readers saying that show is going to head into it's own alternate continuity, why do you think that? Spoiler tags of course.

Anyway, I don't presentation of the first episode was as bad some have said. Yes it's pretty obvious in quite some scenes that the characters are CGI due to jerky movements and odd camera angles, but I think this little "experiment" worked for me overall.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 22:31   Link #431
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor
Anyway, who wants to buy Takao?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon
Mine!! Omochikaeri!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist
Get in line! There are others here who want a Takao model as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy
She's got one seriously fine stern
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim yy
the first thing I'm going to do is to checkout her engines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs
Takao or bust.
Or Takao's bust.
I'm flexible.
...that much puninnuendo made me cringe. visibly.

Mods, this may be a bit early in the piece, but can we have a separate thread for character discussion or merchandise?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 22:58   Link #432
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Mods, this may be a bit early in the piece, but can we have a separate thread for character discussion or merchandise?
You may as well ask for a sub-forum while you're at it

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 01:43   Link #433
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim yy View Post
I'm surprised there aren't so many Haruna fans. why? her marriage proposal to Makie wasn't good enough for you guys?
Haruna is pure, so let her remain pure. Yuri is a purest form of love after all.

Takao is lewd, that's why people are going for her.
Old 2013-10-12, 02:43   Link #434
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Haruna is hard to talk about because she is generally so isolated from the main plot. She hasn't met up with pretty much any characters from the main plot since the first attack (assuming you don't count the mother?)
Old 2013-10-12, 02:59   Link #435
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Hmm, I don't remember much of the first chapter in the manga, but I don't recall a lot of detail being revealed on how Iona and Gunzou first meet in the original material. And for the manga readers saying that show is going to head into it's own alternate continuity, why do you think that? Spoiler tags of course.

Anyway, I don't presentation of the first episode was as bad some have said. Yes it's pretty obvious in quite some scenes that the characters are CGI due to jerky movements and odd camera angles, but I think this little "experiment" worked for me overall.
How Gunzou and Iona met was covered in Drama CD.
Spoiler for first encounter:

And what was in first chapter of manga is flashbag of Kotono death, wheres in anime doesn't have even voice actor for Yamato, that she isn't in opening despite being major character is another hint for alternate continuity. Gunzou, Iona and Kongou got completely new personalities, anime hints that Saori killed herself and various countries can comunicate with each other.and america was picked for very good reasons. Anime takes place in 2039 while manga in 2054 And so on. There is still plenty of differences that I didn't mentioned yet.

Actualy only thing that remained is I-401 sinking Nagara and even that happaned in different manner.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-10-12 at 03:31.
Old 2013-10-12, 03:26   Link #436
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Thanks for the info mate, that explains my confusion. Meeting between Gunzou and Iona was one of the things I was hoping the manga would go over since we only had brief scene with Gunzou seeing her in the docks for the first time. It also pretty different from how the anime

Quote:
And what was in first chapter of manga is flashbag of Kotono death, wheres in anime doesn't have even voice actor for Yamato, that she isn't in opening despite being major character is another hint for alternate continuity. Gunzou, Iona and Kongou got completely new personalities, anime hints that Saori killed herself and various countries can comunicate with each other.and america was picked for very good reasons. Anime takes place in 2039 while manga in 2054 And so on. There is still plenty of differences that I didn't mentioned yet.

Actualy only thing that remained is I-401 sinking Nagara and even that happaned in different manner.
Iona and Kongou don't seem very different to me, that aside those pretty good points especially combined with the alterations with Gunzou's and Iona's team up. I guess because the manga seems only moderately popular so Sanzigen is probably making changes since their intend to make only one season. Atleast they are doing it now instead of getting fans hopes up.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 10:47   Link #437
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Haruna is pure, so let her remain pure. Yuri is a purest form of love after all.

This is actually my first time seeing someone calling Takao the "L" word ~~ you better watch your back for those Otakus

Haruna might be just motherly, I think there was a panel where she took off her coat and covered Maya up while she slept on the open deck.
Or many she's really "pure" considering her best friends now are a Loli, a cute bear, and a 天然ボケ.
Old 2013-10-12, 10:56   Link #438
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

Clearly the anime had deviated quite a bit comparing to the actual events happened in the manga.
Can anyone confirm:
That there will not be a Yamato in the first season?? or is it just for the first few episodes? (like she hasn't been spoiled yet?)

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-10-14 at 03:22. Reason: Do not link to those sites here!
Old 2013-10-12, 11:36   Link #439
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Haruna's legit, but Takao's got that Tsundere spice that makes you laugh and 'daww at the same time.

As we all know, Tsundere spice is the female equivalent of Old Spice.
Old 2013-10-12, 12:18   Link #440
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

... yknow hwat, why don't we treat manga as one continuity and anime as another?

My desires are simple: to bast in the delicious loli that is Iona and to enjoy the neon explosions. Is that so wrong?

That said, if we follow manga, that means that the Arleigh Burke design is ridiculously long-lasting. Lead ship was commissioned 1989, IIRC, so that's a design that's 65 years old. Not bad, not bad at all.

Then again, Enterprise (CVN-65) was pushing 52 years (if you count her life as starting from when she was launched and spent the year working up to commissioning), so it's plausible, anyhow.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, alternate history, battleships, cgi, military science fiction