AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-18, 08:31   Link #81
Geburah

Usually those weakness only matter when its a well known part of the legend and/or that the hero actually died from it (like Siegfried and Achiless weak points on Apochrypha or Thor against snake poison depending on how canon you consider Prism Ilya)

Between that is a relative obscure anecdote and the fact that Nero actually survived the poisoning would have make more sense that Nero had some poison resistance skill instead of being weak against it
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 14:53   Link #82
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
poison is a greater threat here, this isn't about stats in a character sheet here nero is as vulnerable as any human to poison, this isn't a game anymore

edit: and nero is probably more susceptible to poisons do to what her mother did to her in her own lore
Nero survived the poisoning in her legend. This should make her less vulnerable to poudon instead.
This also doesn't change the fact that Nero has guts ability, poison or not.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 15:06   Link #83
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Nero survived the poisoning in her legend. This should make her less vulnerable to poudon instead.
This also doesn't change the fact that Nero has guts ability, poison or not.
the poisoning her mother did was never meant to kill her but control her "here have constant migraines while i have the only antidote", and stop bringing up guts ability as an end all argument, invictus Spiritus has to be activated first in order for nero to revive herself guts isn't a constant buff and it's highly possible she doesn't remember she has it again migraine, it causes her to be forgetful, Nero would be one of the most broken servants because of imperial privilege if not for it
Old 2018-02-18, 17:26   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Someone brought up Extella I don't recall that?

I thought that game itself established that the way she kicks everybody's ass made absolutely no sense and which therefore makes that game a poor indicator of how strong she is under normal circumstances.

I was actually pretty impressed by the fight against Archer. The game screwed him over because of its 1v1 direct confrontation format. Here Archer is actually in his element and thus more dangerous.

Also... Why is nobody talking about the bombshell that was dropped near the end of the episode? The time frame this show takes place in is in fact an incredibly far future, even relative to the game. But we're still seeing all these familiar faces. I wonder what's up with that?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 20:07   Link #85
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

And yet Archer isn't attacking the Master. While Dan was back to his sniper days and sniped Hakuno. 1000 years really changed people and Servants. Archer may be hiding but that's because he's fragile but he's still doing an honorable fight and just keeping it a battle between Servants. Dan aimed for Hakuno once they arrived at the floor. Their roles are reversed compared to the game.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 21:17   Link #86
shadow1296

yeah i was write you needed to play extra for this anime it is NOT intended for newcomers, so yeah the female hakuno lost against savior and se.ra.ph. has become to a state of decay, it explains the fight last episode even more rider and shinji wanted to die. and now we have dan no longer the honorable knight who purposely crippled his servant because he was fighting dishonorably now fighting as a cold blooded assassin. I am starting to worry about what happened to nursery rhyme and alice

Also the state of se.ra.ph is possibly even worse than we think this is a thousand years after extra should have taken place, there was something that was headed for the moon cell during that time and i doubt it was postponed because hakuno didn't win, velber. no wonder se.re.ph is in such a state as it currently is.

also the fact rin and rani are alive is quite simple masters are put in a state of stasis before entering the moon cell if i remember correctly, the other option well is a spoiler
Old 2018-02-18, 23:13   Link #87
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
the poisoning her mother did was never meant to kill her but control her "here have constant migraines while i have the only antidote", and stop bringing up guts ability as an end all argument, invictus Spiritus has to be activated first in order for nero to revive herself guts isn't a constant buff and it's highly possible she doesn't remember she has it again migraine, it causes her to be forgetful, Nero would be one of the most broken servants because of imperial privilege if not for it
In other words, the poison should be triggering the migraine, not the "I've taken big damage" like the anime has shown.
I wouldn't be complaining if, you know, they shows us Nero is having headache just once or something good enough her migraine has been turned on.
If not, there is not reason for her to not use Invictus Spiritus in a situation like that.
Old 2018-02-18, 23:29   Link #88
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
In other words, the poison should be triggering the migraine, not the "I've taken big damage" like the anime has shown.
I wouldn't be complaining if, you know, they shows us Nero is having headache just once or something good enough her migraine has been turned on.
If not, there is not reason for her to not use Invictus Spiritus in a situation like that.
it did when she dropped her sword, it showed that archer's arrows effected her, whether it activated her migraines or not, she was poisoned by archer and it was effecting her to the point hakuno was worried about her and activated a command seal, which he doesn't need to save any more because the event surrounding them already happened
Old 2018-02-19, 01:17   Link #89
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
yeah i was write you needed to play extra for this anime it is NOT intended for newcomers, so yeah the female hakuno lost against savior and se.ra.ph. has become to a state of decay, it explains the fight last episode even more rider and shinji wanted to die. and now we have dan no longer the honorable knight who purposely crippled his servant because he was fighting dishonorably now fighting as a cold blooded assassin. I am starting to worry about what happened to nursery rhyme and alice

Also the state of se.ra.ph is possibly even worse than we think this is a thousand years after extra should have taken place, there was something that was headed for the moon cell during that time and i doubt it was postponed because hakuno didn't win, velber. no wonder se.re.ph is in such a state as it currently is.

also the fact rin and rani are alive is quite simple masters are put in a state of stasis before entering the moon cell if i remember correctly, the other option well is a spoiler
Um, can you at least explain the reasoning why you think you are 'right'? What is it with discussions and people talking in a way that forces people to be mind readers? I know I make the same mistake myself sometimes, but still.
Old 2018-02-19, 01:34   Link #90
moodie

So we already see so many changes with characters and scenarios but ppl want to hold on to character stat sheets. I mean ffs our MC isnt even the same as the games MC.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-19, 01:41   Link #91
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Um, can you at least explain the reasoning why you think you are 'right'? What is it with discussions and people talking in a way that forces people to be mind readers? I know I make the same mistake myself sometimes, but still.
besides leaving out character information, showing the final boss of the game, revealing the main antagonist, making it so we spend as little time with the enemy masters as possible so we don't care about them if you only know them by watching the anime, and changing them to the point that they are completely different people. The anime pretty much said it this episode, this isn't the grail war of extra not any more that has happened and the hero failed to beat savior. This is what happened when we fail, the masters and servants we killed are brought back and now are changed(who brought them back probably the moon cell to keep it from decaying), we see the prideful shinji who would abandon his servant if it meant living now wishing for death and dies with dignity with drake, the honorable dan blackmore now only caring about winning and nothing else, a character that you are meant to sympathize with. This is not an adaptation of extra it's it sequel the events of the extra grail war already happened and this is what happens if we fail.
Old 2018-02-19, 04:18   Link #92
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

But it still doesn't take into account why Shinji essentially is a complete 180 turn from who he was during the "original" pre-bad end timeline. Now that he's dead, we may never know. It's pretty jarring.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-19, 05:43   Link #93
whitecloud

btw, is rin really rin? is she not a servant since from the looks of it she is supposed to be tamamo in disguise plus back then she drink servant potion?
Old 2018-02-19, 06:27   Link #94
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
besides leaving out character information, showing the final boss of the game, revealing the main antagonist, making it so we spend as little time with the enemy masters as possible so we don't care about them if you only know them by watching the anime, and changing them to the point that they are completely different people. The anime pretty much said it this episode, this isn't the grail war of extra not any more that has happened and the hero failed to beat savior. This is what happened when we fail, the masters and servants we killed are brought back and now are changed(who brought them back probably the moon cell to keep it from decaying), we see the prideful shinji who would abandon his servant if it meant living now wishing for death and dies with dignity with drake, the honorable dan blackmore now only caring about winning and nothing else, a character that you are meant to sympathize with. This is not an adaptation of extra it's it sequel the events of the extra grail war already happened and this is what happens if we fail.
Yes yes you're doing great explaining stuff I already know, thanks, but can you get to the part where you explain why this isn't for anime only watchers?
Old 2018-02-19, 06:44   Link #95
GDB

Quote:
Someone brought up Extella I don't recall that?

I thought that game itself established that the way she kicks everybody's ass made absolutely no sense and which therefore makes that game a poor indicator of how strong she is under normal circumstances.
It makes perfect sense. The Regalia is OP as hell.

Quote:
Pretty sure Velber isn't a threat without a way to signal it, which requires the Regalia to break the Moon Cell. If I recall Extella properly.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-19, 09:00   Link #96
Twi

So this is the darkest time line of the Fate Extra series, huh?

You know, I'm happy best girl Rani showed up, but I was not expecting that bombshell at the end.
Old 2018-02-19, 11:33   Link #97
shadow1296

Quote:
Yes yes you're doing great explaining stuff I already know, thanks, but can you get to the part where you explain why this isn't for anime only watchers?
okay so let me ask you, how do anime only viewers view dan with no prior knowledge on how he is supposed to act, how do they view him are they supposed to relate to him, care about him, regret the fact you are forced to kill him, no they just see him as a random psychopath, a random monster of the week villain
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty sure Velber isn't a threat without a way to signal it, which requires the Regalia to break the Moon Cell. If I recall Extella properly.
weird I thought they mentioned that velber was already on it's way and that when the regalia broke the moon cell it sped up the process from a few decades/centuries to a few weeks, anyway if it wasn't on it's way before with the state of se.ra.ph. and moon cell is at the current point in the anime, it certainly is now
Old 2018-02-19, 12:25   Link #98
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I just recall something.
Could it be B.B. that's behind all this?

In FGO, she said she has this Hard Mode where humanity will be imprisoned in a dystopia if the population gets reduced below 3%

Could this be it?
Old 2018-02-19, 13:22   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The thousand years timeskip explains why Shinji couldn't remember Hakuno right away and why he accepted death so readily. Also explains why Rin didn't recognize Hakuno either. Although in Rin's case, I agree she's most likely Tamamo in disguise. Pretty suspicious she disappeared in this ep, and it would explain how she was able to defeat servants.

I'm glad Rani made it in. Wasn't sure she would.

Dan has changed a lot, he was honorable to a fault in Extra and here he's willing to use every means possible to achieve his goals. Archer is the one with misgivings now. Is it even possible for Floor Masters to reach a higher level? Dan's apparently killed countless Masters yet he's still stuck there.

Animated Nero remains a real treat to watch. She's so beautiful. I liked her speech to Hakuno in this ep, too.
Old 2018-02-19, 15:07   Link #100
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The thousand years timeskip explains why Shinji couldn't remember Hakuno right away and why he accepted death so readily. Also explains why Rin didn't recognize Hakuno either. Although in Rin's case, I agree she's most likely Tamamo in disguise. Pretty suspicious she disappeared in this ep, and it would explain how she was able to defeat servants.

I'm glad Rani made it in. Wasn't sure she would.

Dan has changed a lot, he was honorable to a fault in Extra and here he's willing to use every means possible to achieve his goals. Archer is the one with misgivings now. Is it even possible for Floor Masters to reach a higher level? Dan's apparently killed countless Masters yet he's still stuck there.

Animated Nero remains a real treat to watch. She's so beautiful. I liked her speech to Hakuno in this ep, too.
I was thinking Nursery Rhyme, but Tamamo does make more sense.

Rani is best girl. There's a reason I saved her two of three routes in Extra. In the only other route I didn't because I didn't have the heart to make Nameless kill a Rin of any kind. But tell me this isn't a Master worth saving?

As for Dan, his methodology for one is probably one issue. Last I had to check, it has to be an actual fight between them that calls down the elevator, not sniping the Master down. We all know that Archer isn't going to win toe-to-toe against Saber after she incinerated a portion of that forest. Still, it hurts seeing him fall from grace like this due to the going so long after the end of the world.

And I kind of realize this is now how they're going to settle the scores on every floor. Since every other Master has died or lost their Servant, Hakuno is the only one capable of ascending by beating the Floor Masters. Rani and Rin in the games manage to make it as Servant-less Masters, so it makes sense that they can manage.

This episode was a blessing after the last one.