AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-05, 14:45   Link #41
Laxe

I'm confused...it's not fansubbed yet right? Are you guys watching the raw?
Old 2006-01-05, 14:45   Link #42
hi no ken Jebus

Here quick crappy screencaps from me

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-05, 15:07   Link #43
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler:
Seems like the Kings did't recognize Ama-san.

The Neko hats were too good a disguise.
Old 2006-01-05, 15:19   Link #44
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So .... apparently we're getting the mildest of all possible endings. I'll wait til I see the ep to make a final conclusion but instead of a "life changer" its muddled a bit to another day in the life. This probably makes more sense for any follow-on OVA --- especially with Primula. And Asa better keep her rearview mirror clean because all those objects are closer than they appear.

I'll declare the producers have come up with a new definition for "innovation" ... and I thought the Honda Corporation was conservative ...

yay... Nerine gets to sing her song? (dance)

At first I thought the Sia/Kaede stuff was some creative fan alterations.... but it looks like the animators are just throwing in fluff to grab all the angles they can ((I dunno .... heh, Sia and Kaede later grow to hate all men because of Rin??? j/k))

eh.... I'll waffle more when I see the ep....
Old 2006-01-05, 15:21   Link #45
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus
Riker...where are Sia, Nerine and Kaede >_< ?????
Okie. Here you go.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler:
Spoiler for My comments:

Last edited by Riker; 2006-01-05 at 15:31.
Old 2006-01-05, 15:26   Link #46
Omniscient

Final Episode Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-05, 15:40   Link #47
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Oh well, at least this travesty is officially over... Did they really had to go with that ending? The H-man appearing was funny though At least AFTER Asa's ending resolved, it's midly interesting to watch, just to see what kind of idiocies they were gonna pull. Oh yeah, and Nerine was good in the ending
Old 2006-01-05, 15:45   Link #48
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Oh well, at least this travesty is officially over... Did they really had to go with that ending? The H-man appearing was funny though At least AFTER Asa's ending resolved, it's midly interesting to watch, just to see what kind of idiocies they were gonna pull. Oh yeah, and Nerine was good in the ending
Come on KKK, you guys can't still be bitter over this kaede lost out on the Rin sweepstake but she won the Sia/kikkyou (2 for 1) prize instead
Old 2006-01-05, 15:54   Link #49
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I think that somewhere I must have read that the authors promised a sort of "revolutionary" ending.

Well.. it isn't

I'm looking forward to see this last episode, in order to judge the emotional impact the key scenes will have, but I'm guessing that my final rating for Shuffle series is swinging between 7.5 and 8 (out of 10), at the very end
Old 2006-01-05, 15:56   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

<sigh> its not about the Kaede (or at least not for me...), Xellos ... its about the way they got there. Come on, admit it --- they didn't treat Asa very nicely either, giving her lines to say that just didn't sound like the character they developed.
The last half concludes some things but, imo, pretty clearly sets the stage for OVAs.

Like I said, Asa better keep her rearview mirror clean because "all those girls are closer than they appear"... and now Kareha and Primula are on the move...

edit: aye, Pellissier .... I'm putting it at a tentative "8" overall ("10" in some parts, "6" in others) ... mind you I give Love Hina a "9" FOR THE YEAR IN WHICH IT AIRED ... but over time it has dropped to a "6" overall when compared to H&C, Mahoraba, Canvas 2, and some others... Only the Motoko eps in Love Hina retain any meaning for me and even they have iffy animation and underpar dialog.
((the manga, with the exception of one or two books, is still stellar ... I'm liking the Shuffle! manga a lot as wel... though it is tedious for me to translate))
Old 2006-01-05, 15:59   Link #51
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Come on KKK, you guys can't still be bitter over this kaede lost out on the Rin sweepstake but she won the Sia/kikkyou (2 for 1) prize instead
Oh goodie, how relieved that makes me Not that I cared whether Kaede got Rin after ep 21. I think the writers lost it long ago. Plus, I can't see how Rin can be a prize. The whole Asa scenario was weak to begin with, and they pushed aside some decent stuff to pull that, and that will never change for me. But the H-man was fun So, the final episode was not a TOTAL loss, as I am one of HHH leaders So, all in all... Ok let's see... we have let's say 8 as a start... We have Sia/Nerine/Primula arcs.. which would make that... 10... We have Sia dumped, so that's 8. We have character inconsistencies and plot holes, Nerine's arc practically non-existent + small amount of screentime for her... that's... 5, then. We have the weak winning arc... That's 4. And a, well I'll be extremely generous and say, so-so ending. So ok, that's 5/10 for Shuffle. Add Kaede's arc. Ok that's probably 7/10 for me. Ok, so, not a total loss of my time. Although I was being generous. I MIGHT watch the parts I did like at some point but to feel good for the whole thing is beyond my abilities.
Old 2006-01-05, 16:17   Link #52
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Ok that's probably 7/10 for me. Ok, so, not a total loss of my time. Although I was being generous. I MIGHT watch the parts I did like at some point but to feel good for the whole thing is beyond my abilities.
Well, I'm not rating it seeing its single arcs. I judge the whole thing. I use my 6 given factors, ever identical (animation, sound, story, character, value, enjoyment). Now, it's not the proper place to talk of it, but I think I will be detracting a bit from story (the first 11 eps have nothing to do with the others, the last 4 were too messed up), chars and value. At first sight, the rate should be around 7.7/7.8 , since I'm usually lenient with rates this one is kinda low tough..
And no, I don't think it was wasted time. I've seen better harem than this, but also worse, so..

To get In Topic, I forgot to mention the open door that episode 24 leaves for the future. May it be an OVA series, or a 2nd series.
I don't know, Da Capo ended in a very close way to this, and it had a second season.

But I guess that for a commercially succesfull series as Shuffle, an OVA series will grant a lot more in terms of $ , higher budget will bring better artworks, more fans , and no new ideas on the scriptwriters .. take a whisk and shake it all... it's how harem are meant to work, after all.. "sigh"
Old 2006-01-05, 16:20   Link #53
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I don´t know if I want a second season or an OVA cause it feels like Kaede is totally out of the race for Rin now with him moving out of the house. I would rather have an open ending where everyone can decide for themselves.

Unless they throw in a new character that charm Kaede.

Edit//
Of course they could always make Rin realize how much he misses Kaede but doesn´t feel like that would happen though.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-01-05, 16:23   Link #54
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
Unless they throw in a new character that charm Kaede
Meet primula
Old 2006-01-05, 16:24   Link #55
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I cannot figure out how does Asa's sudden growth of her hair relates to unleashing her magical powers?
Old 2006-01-05, 16:27   Link #56
Floogy
Nya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I cannot figure out how does Asa's sudden growth of her hair relates to unleashing her magical powers?
It's 'magic'.

Last I checked, magic wasn't a logical thing. :P
Old 2006-01-05, 16:29   Link #57
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Except that Primula is pretty clearly at ramming speed straight for Rin (damn the other girls full speed ahead).... actually I find the implied Sia/Kaede connection more amusing in the notion that Rin is to blame for driving them together. And yes, I"m just being silly til I see the ep. I've decided to skip the raw and just wait for the fansubs .... bandwidth decision (downloading Lamune at the moment).

Hairgrowth: In Kamichu, the lead character's hair also gets insanely long when she uses magic. There are historically feminine traits to magic such that long hair associated with magic use kind of go together. You can probably write all sorts of ridiculous academic papers on the connections. For the purposes of the anime..... Asa's human body probably reacts to magic in that particular way. Note the demons just get funny eyes when they use magic.
Old 2006-01-05, 16:30   Link #58
Ikusa_shounen

I hope that they will make an 2nd season probly impossible but still...
something like D.C to --> D.C.S.S yeah ended good but still would be fun with the girls on more time...

/me hopes
Old 2006-01-05, 16:39   Link #59
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

There will be an 2nd season, from what i have read the ending is an open one.

All i hope is that they won't make one like DCSS
Old 2006-01-05, 16:58   Link #60
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't count on second "anything" til I hear it announced.... however, Navel seems to be putting a lot of energy into this property so the odds are better than even I suppose.