AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-09, 11:16   Link #1
Nemesis

Must see Anime from 2005 to 2008

Ive been dry on this year's findings, so i want to see if there is anything must see in the past years.
Old 2009-08-09, 11:29   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, not knowing what you've seen and what your tastes are, I could blindly throw a few darts.

Zettai Shounen
Noein
Mushishi
Natsume Youjinchuu/Zoku
Minami-ke
Seirei no Moribito
TTGL
Baccano
Oh! Edo Rocket
Petopeto-san
Ghost Hound

I'm happy to elaborate further on any of those, but the list is too long, I think, to do so with all of them...

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2009-08-09 at 11:43.
Old 2009-08-09, 11:33   Link #3
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I second pretty much everything on Guardian Enzo's list and include

Ghost Hunt
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Bokurano
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Black Lagoon
Mononoke
Code Geass
Sengoku Basara
Gintama
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-08-09 at 12:19. Reason: cuz I cant spell or read apparently...
Old 2009-08-09, 11:48   Link #4
Theowne
耳をすませば

I think Honey and Clover deserves a place on that list too.

But, it depends on your tastes.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2009-08-09, 11:57   Link #5
Fate21
Kiyu~

Mai-Hime maybe?
Old 2009-08-09, 11:58   Link #6
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Some might add Kamichu.
Old 2009-08-09, 13:54   Link #7
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
add kure-nai, death note...
Old 2009-08-09, 13:58   Link #8
velvet nightmare

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/popular/today

instead of having everyone putting in 1 or 2 anime each, just go to that list
Old 2009-08-09, 14:21   Link #9
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

You may find this thread helpful, too:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80308
Old 2009-08-09, 16:23   Link #10
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Clannad, definitely Clannad, and more Clannad.

Jigoku Shoujo and Code Geass are good too.
Old 2009-08-09, 20:54   Link #11
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Haruhi Suzumiya

Lucky Star

Cross Game
(This year, but overlooked by most people- want to make sure you didn't miss it)
Old 2009-08-09, 21:18   Link #12
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Here are my suggestions so far, but since I don't know what is your taste in Anime, so your milage will vary.

Clannad (both seasons): Clannad is a pretty epic story since the story from the visual novel is very long due to the number of arcs are in the game for each character and have good drama value. The story is basically about a delinquent named Tomoya which is labeled a delinquent because he comes late to his school since he doesn't get along with his father. While going to school, he meets Nagisa and soon goes into a relationship after helping several other girls on the way. The second season is the continuation, but a year after Tomoya graduates from school.

Kanon (2006) - Almost identical to Clannad, but in winter and also in a pseudo-harem setting with the same old, tear-jerking drama. Most will appreciate it since it's closely done from the original material which the first version botched up and also the eye candy in the scenery. This is basically a story about a boy named Yuuichi who returns to the town he haven't visited for 7 years and soon after meeting the girls and solving their problems, he starts to regain memories lost in the past.

Suzumiya Haruhi (First Season only): Although the second season haven't lived up to the first, the first season was outstanding in the standpoint of being accurate to the light novel, good animation and also interesting story. Basically, this is a story about a normal being hanging in the club with a time traveler, a esper, a alien, and a god.

Air: Another good tear-jerking series with alot of drama and supernatural elements. This is basicly a story about a wonderer named Yukito trying to find the "girl in the sky" Soon, he finds three girls that have some dream to fly to the sky to the "the girl in the sky." There is also historical arc named the "Summer Arc" which is covered more in detail in "Air in Summer" which pretty much clears up the 2 episode Summer Arc in the normal series.

If you end up liking series like Kanon, Cannad, and Air, I also suggest checking out ef ~ Tales of Memories/Melodies. Although the adaptation may not be as good as the counterparts, it's still a very good series to check out with good animation and story line.

Honorable Mentions:
Lucky Star: Good Comedy and slice of life about 4 girls which have alot of references to anime and Japanese Culture... Your milage may vary depending on your reaction to the show after a few episodes...
Kannagi: Similar to Haruhi since this is about two gods, (Nagi and Zange) with alot of comedy, some drama and also a fight to win Jin's heart between the two gods and also his childhood friend, Tsugumi.
K-ON!: Similar concept with Lucky Star, but slightly better but with dealing with music and pretty good entertainment value, but milage may very since some people may not like this kind of series which was the same case with Lucky Star.

Hopefully this post will be helpful in your decisions. Good luck!